The Education Forum

Here are some good JFK assassination books to read

Guest Robert Morrow

I have no opinion on any of these, a couple might be worth diving into. If anyone would like a copy: PM.

Executive Action

Hoover vs Kennedy - The Second Civil War

Kennedy and his Women

Kennedy's Ghost

A Woman Named Jackie

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the book Brothers by David Talbot, he claims that President Kennedy and his brother were going to assassinate Castro on Dec.1, 1963. And this is given the reason for the Kennedys not to investigate the President's murder on Nov.22,1963. The Kennedys did not want this before the public.

Does anyone have an opinion about this assassination plot against Castro? Why do the Kennedys keep quiet about the assassinations?

Kathy C

Good Day .... If anyone is looking to obtain and/or trade a specific book, magazine, documentary, audio, etc., (or, for you to simply obtain referenced direct quotes from) i do have available the vast majority of the above references listed, and some other titles. There are also more than 1 "doubles" copy available for you for many of them.

:) what can i say?, if i see a real "deal-deal," i get it ! :)

Feel free to contact me, anytime.

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Donald Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your considerations....

Homepage: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence,

Witnesses, Suspects + Outstanding Researchers Discoveries and Considerations

Dealey Plaza Map Detailing 11-22-63 Victims precise locations, Witnesses, Films &

Photos, Evidence, Suspected bullet trajectories,Important information & Considerations,

Gathered in One Convenient Resource

Visual Report: "The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Hidden Under

the 'magic-limbed-ricochet-tree' "

Visual Report: Reality versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-In, Garbage-Out

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS Zapruder Film

Documented 2nd Headsnap: West, Ultrafast, and Directly Towards the Grassy Knoll"

File: President KENNEDY Assassination Research, Maps, & Discoveries for Your Considerations

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

National Terror Alert for the United States:

advisory7regional.gif

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/

I have read that there are new updates in the kindle edition of Bloody Treason - what are they? I just got the regular book copy in the mail the other day for a reasonable price. I have skimmed it but not read it all as I am reading others right now. It looks like a great book but I will exclude it from my list since I have not read it yet. Here is my list:

1. Harvey and Lee, Armstrong

2. The Last Investigation, Fonzi

3. Someone Would Have Talked, Hancock

4. Not In Your Lifetime, Summers

5. The Dead Witnesses, Roberts

6. Crossfire, Marrs

7. The Killing of a President, Groden

8. Denial, Robertson (no relation)

9. The Assassinations, DiEugenio and Pease

10. Who Killed Kennedy?, Buchanan

Honorable Mention:

The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald, Groden

JFK the Second Plot, Smith

Brothers, Talbot

Also, does anyone know when Groden's new book Absolute Proof will be out?

Guest Robert Morrow

I have read that there are new updates in the kindle edition of Bloody Treason - what are they? I just got the regular book copy in the mail the other day for a reasonable price. I have skimmed it but not read it all as I am reading others right now. It looks like a great book but I will exclude it from my list since I have not read it yet. Here is my list:

1. Harvey and Lee, Armstrong

2. The Last Investigation, Fonzi

3. Someone Would Have Talked, Hancock

4. Not In Your Lifetime, Summers

5. The Dead Witnesses, Roberts

6. Crossfire, Marrs

7. The Killing of a President, Groden

8. Denial, Robertson (no relation)

9. The Assassinations, DiEugenio and Pease

10. Who Killed Kennedy?, Buchanan

Honorable Mention:

The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald, Groden

JFK the Second Plot, Smith

Brothers, Talbot

Also, does anyone know when Groden's new book Absolute Proof will be out?

Zach, that is a good list. I would add and highly recommend 1) LBJ: the Mastermind of JFK's assassination by Phillip Nelson http://www.amazon.com/LBJ-Mastermind-Assassination-Phillip-Nelson/dp/1453503013 2) JFK and the Unspeakable by James Douglass

3) The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh 4)History will not Absolve us: Orwellian Control, Public Denial, & the Murder of President Kennedy.

I also highly suggest that you google "Chip Tatum Pegasus" - read it ALL and clearly understand what REALLY happened in the 1992 with GHW Bush and Perot as well as Bush/Clinton/CIA drug smuggling

Additionally, The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family and The Conspirator's: Confessions of and Iran-Contra Insider by Al Martin.

Learning about the Bush Crime Family - especially George Herbert Walker Bush - will give you great insights into people are literally ABOVE THE LAW ... because they control the government.

Another top one to recommend is Barry and the Boys by Daniel Hopsicker, a fabulous book.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Speaking of Donald Gibson, has anyone here read "The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up"?

If so do you recommend it.

And have you read "The Kennedy Assassination Cover-up Revisited"?

I'm trying to determine if the Revisited version is worth the extra money. It's incredibly expensive.

If you want to get quickly “up to speed” on the JFK assassination, here is what to read. 1) LBJ: Mastermind of JFK’s Assassination by Phillip Nelson 2) JFK and the Unspeakable:Why He Died and Why it Matters by James Douglass 3) Brothers: the Hidden History of the Kennedy Years by David Talbot 4) The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh 5) Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty by Russ Baker. Google my essay “LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK.” Google “National Security State by Andrew Gavin Marshall.” Google “Chip Tatum Pegasus.” Google “Vincent Salandria False Mystery Speech.”

Go to YouTube and watch the videos The Men Who Killed Kennedy, episodes 7, 8, and 9 which focus on the role of Lyndon Johnson. On YouTube watch Jesse Ventura’s show on the JFK assassination. Watch the movie JFK director’s cut by Oliver Stone.

Speaking of Donald Gibson, has anyone here read "The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up"?

I'm trying to determine if the Revisited version is worth the extra money. It's incredibly expensive.

Andy at the Last Hurrah told me that there is not much difference between the first book and the "revisited" one. A couple small things that are not worth the expensive price. The main difference was the company that published it usually does only science books and did not produce very many JFK copies so that is why the price is so high. I ordered the original "The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up" off Amazon but I have not received it yet. Yes, Battling Wall Street is definitely a great book; I agree it is very underrated.

Zach

Battling Wall Street is a very important book.

There should be a separate category for books that do not actually deal with the assassination but inform us of why the Powers that Be decided Kennedy had to go,

If I had to assemble such a list, here would be some of the books on it:

JFK and Vietnam by John Newman

Battling Wall Street by Donald Gibson

Brothers by David Talbot (Just ignore the Garrison and Mary Meyer stuff)

Virtual JFK by James Blight

JFK:Ordeal in Africa by RIchard Mahoney

The Mahoney book and GIbson book are shamefully ignored. But I used the Gibson book in the two part Batey piece, especailly in Part 2. And there is an article going up at CTKA that is a reprint of one I did for Probe in which I used the Mahoney book extensively.

The Gibson book is the best I know on JFK's economics policy, and his opposition to Rockefeller and Luce on it.

I really do believe that the Mahoney book is the best elucidation of Kennedy's foreign policy ideas, how he originated them, and who opposed them that is to be found in print.. It is a real disgrace that almost no one had sourced it in any books--even though it was published in 1983-- I think until Douglass did. I actually discovered it by accident at a bookstore down in San Diego while on vacation. This was in like 1997. But I had not heard of it before that.

But it is a real gem. Excellent research. If you don't read it you cannot really understand Kennedy.

I would suggest before becoming distracted by nonsense, that you read the Warren Hearings and Report.

Its readily apparent that you lack even the basic facts in the case! :ice

If you want to get quickly “up to speed” on the JFK assassination, here is what to read. 1) LBJ: Mastermind of JFK’s Assassination by Phillip Nelson 2) JFK and the Unspeakable:Why He Died and Why it Matters by James Douglass 3) Brothers: the Hidden History of the Kennedy Years by David Talbot 4) The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh 5) Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty by Russ Baker. Google my essay “LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK.” Google “National Security State by Andrew Gavin Marshall.” Google “Chip Tatum Pegasus.” Google “Vincent Salandria False Mystery Speech.”

Go to YouTube and watch the videos The Men Who Killed Kennedy, episodes 7, 8, and 9 which focus on the role of Lyndon Johnson. On YouTube watch Jesse Ventura’s show on the JFK assassination. Watch the movie JFK director’s cut by Oliver Stone.

Thanks Robert. I've read a fair amount. I've seen all of TMWKK and most of them are excellent. I did watch Jesse Ventura's show on JFK and was impressed with the scope of his coverage in the limited time and the people he chose to interview.

I was thinking of starting a thread asking people what they think about Ventura's show so I'm glad you brought it up. I thought his Wall Street episode was also very good. Even though he can be melodramatic I think that's just marketing and style. Also, Alex Jones is one of his advisors so his style may influence the tone of the show.

I've seen JFK tho' not the director's cut and I get the impression the director's cut is a must see. I consider JFK the best intro to the subject for the general public. Stone just lays it all out; it's all muscle no fat. He chose his consultants (Marrs, Garrison) well.

JFK and the Unspeakable of course it the definitive work on the subject. Brothers is very good and I appreciate Talbot's theme that the same people went after both men (i.e., conspiracy). I think his portrayal of LBJ was ludicrous however. He also seemed to take Timothy Leary at face value and wish he'd looked deeper into that character.

Won't read Seymour Hersh's hit piece. Gads Robert.

I'm very eager to read Family of Secrets. And eager to read your essay, thank you for that. Also the other recommendations: National Security State, “Chip Tatum Pegasus” (?!) and False Mystery Speech.”

Now to LBJ...

I'll definitely read LBJ: Mastermind of JFK’s Assassination.

Have you read the Robert Caro trilogy?

I've only read excerpts, just have two of the three, but they seem very good.

I'm sort of middle of the road here. I don't think LBJ was THE one and only mastermind of the murder (possibly of the cover-up). It was a military coup with lots of oil money for funding and CIA/mob/Cubans for wet work and certainly the blessing, at least, of the Rockefeller clan. After the deed was done Johnson had to do what he was told, on Vietnam for example, so clearly he wasn't large and in charge.

But they couldn't have done it without his cooperation, esp the cover-up. He was instrumental in luring Kennedy to Dallas. And there would have been little point in removing one President if the replacement had the same policies. The MIC knew their boy Lyndon would give them what they wanted.

I also think LBJ had murder in mind from the start. I don't think there is any innocent explanation for his willingness to give up the powerful Senate Majority Leader post to be JFK's running mate. LBJ was far too ambitious to be a docile contented VP. He accepted the offer (or blackmailed his way into the post) because he knew that a Southerner wouldn't be elected President back then so he'd insure his own promotion. Certainly murder didn't bother him. I mean he had his own hit man and had his own sister killed so he was utterly unscrupulous. And given the timing he was likely desperate because the Senate was hearing testimony about his kickbacks on the very day of the assassination. Bobby Baker's mug was on the cover of a magazine. Scandal was enveloping LBJ. So it was either become president or go to jail. I would think his predicament was a factor in the timing of the assassination. Went to Dallas and all his troubles evaporated.

Andy at the Last Hurrah told me that there is not much difference between the first book and the "revisited" one. A couple small things that are not worth the expensive price. The main difference was the company that published it usually does only science books and did not produce very many JFK copies so that is why the price is so high. I ordered the original "The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up" off Amazon but I have not received it yet. Yes, Battling Wall Street is definitely a great book; I agree it is very underrated.

Zach

Thank you Zach! The revised edition costs more than my entire book budget. It's crazy. I'll spring for the older one then.

Battling Wall Street is a very important book.

There should be a separate category for books that do not actually deal with the assassination but inform us of why the Powers that Be decided Kennedy had to go,

Yes!

There are a few logical categories:

1 - The mechanics of the assassination: Shooters from multiple directions, witnesses running up the grassy knoll en masse, bullets flying everywhere, Dealey Plaza looks like swiss cheese as does the limo, fake SS men, real SS men even worse than the fake ones, "tramps" and suspicious types rounded up and released without explanation, etc.

The point: These books prove massive conspiracy.

2 - The cover up: Warren Commission, scores of dead witnesses, HSCA, more dead witnesses, dead patsy, dead patsy killer, media complicity, etc.

The point: A cover-up of this depth and endurance means the perps go all the way up the food chain.

3 - The motives:

- JFK's firm plan to withdraw from Vietnam by the end of 1965.

- JFK's peace overtures to Cuba and Russia—both Communist countries.

- JFK's stated plan to tax the oil industry and further tax the undertaxed wealthy.

- JFK's refusal to put the wishes of big business above the needs of the people.

- JFK's support of labor unions.

- Etc.

The point: Why was he murdered? Most people will move from category 1 to 3 without looking back 'cause category 3 is the one that matters, and the one that explains our present in addition to or past. Anyone paying attention will notice that we're still staging wars to make corporations richer, sill enslaved by oil, still not taxing the wealthy, and the Ruling Class is still determined to destroy labor unions.

4 - The perps.

Time to get specific with the organizations and people behind it all. We should be able to do that by now.

The point: Today's Ruling Class is yesterday's perps. The US hasn't had a legit gov't or democracy since Kennedy was taken from us.

5 - Of course propaganda can be another category.

The Gibson book is the best I know on JFK's economics policy, and his opposition to Rockefeller and Luce on it.

Battling Wall Street also illuminates something few, if any, other books even bother to mention--President Kennedy's support of organized labor.

It focuses on his support of the United Steelworkers vs US Steel in that epic showdown.

He dared to side with the unions. No wonder he was branded a Commie.

A few months prior to that President Kennedy passed Executive Order 10988 that gave most federal employees the right to unionize and bargain collectively.

It established a broad government-wide labor relations policy for the first time.

I NEVER see this mentioned in books. I don't even recall Gibson mentioning it.

And it's huge. Kennedy's support of unions was a huge factor in his assassination by the MIC.