The Education Forum

In Lee Harvey Oswald's Room

Why not show the actual mail-in coupon Dave?

I did, Jim. Maybe you missed this post, where I not only linked to CE790, but I also show the composite picture below. I'll ask you, Jim: Notice any similarities in the words "Dallas, Texas" here?:

Oswald+Handwriting+Comparison.jpg

Because you just got taken to the cleaners on this issue and you want everyone to forget about it. You made up every excuse in the book for there not being any signed receipt, initialed paper, or bank transaction. You even postualted [sic] one of the dumbest scenarios I ever saw, ie. the post office was a fiduciary for REA! Ridiculous. And you still couldn't make it work. You then completely reversed yourself on it, and you can' t make that work either.

I was only going by what Heinz Michaelis testified to--and that was that THE GUN ITSELF was mailed to THE POST OFFICE BOX. That's what his testimony says. And even the Warren Commission seemed to be confused by Michaelis' testimony in this regard, as even you pointed out by bringing up WCR Page 174.

And Jimmy D. will conveniently forget (or ignore) these words that I wrote in a previous post, which I wrote 2 to 3 days before getting what I deem to be the final word on this matter, via Dale Myers' 8/5/10 blog post:

"I suppose it's possible that I'm wrong about how these types of "COD" transactions worked when companies shipped merchandise to P.O. Boxes, but if the PHYSICAL ITEM itself was actually shipped to P.O. Box 2915 (and Heinz Michaelis said it was in his WC testimony), then it means that the post office employees would be initially handling the money from Oswald (since, quite obviously, Oswald didn't set up camp and live right there inside his post office box as he waited for the delivery truck to show up with his pistol)." -- DVP; August 3, 2010

If you believe Gerald Hill. Many of us, due to the man's record, plus his famous fast frisk confession, plus his magic in making both the Tippit automatic shells and the shells signed by Poe disappear, do not. Easily one of the most corrupt cops on a corrupt force.

Of course, Jim. Of course. All the cops were out to frame your favorite patsy named Lee. (Or was it "Harvey" they were framing that day? With you CTers, it's hard to tell which hunk of silliness you're going to go chasing after next.)

As a point of FACT: There were no "automatic" shells to make "disappear" on Nov. 22. Jim's making up evidence out of whole cloth (again).

And Poe's initials were probably never on the two shells that he was given by Domingo Benavides at all:

JOE BALL -- "Did you put any markings on the hulls?"

J.M. POE -- "I couldn't swear to it; no, sir."

Plus: There is also this information from Dale Myers' 1998 book, "With Malice" (pages 263 and 265):

"Poe did not mark them," Detective James Leavelle said. "There was no reason to mark them. There is an evidence bag that is marked with the offense number along with your initials. The evidence goes to the crime lab where it is checked and returned to the bag and kept there until trial. I have run hundreds through that way with no trouble and have never been contested on it," says Leavelle. Leavelle continues: "I talked to Poe. He said he didn't remember marking them. But, that is something we didn't do back then.""

Where did Oswald ever admit that that particular revolver was his?

LOL. Does this ridiculous question REALLY need to be answered?

1.) Oswald fills out an order form from Seaport Traders for one revolver.

2.) Seaport Traders mails a gun with the serial number V510210 to the name and address on the order form FILLED OUT BY OSWALD.

3.) A revolver with the serial number V510210 is IN OSWALD'S HANDS when LHO was arrested on 11/22/63.

Now, tell me how any reasonable person can add up #1 through #3 above and come to the conclusion that Revolver V510210 did not belong to Oswald? No reasonable person could perform such cockeyed math.

Jim DiEugenio, as usual, wants to pretend that his favorite patsy was totally innocent of shooting anyone on November 22nd. Unfortunately for Jim, however, the actual evidence is making him look like a fool in this "innocent patsy" regard.

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, when I noted that Oswald acknowledged that he had the pistol on him when arrested, and Jimmy D. asked:

Where did Oswald ever admit that that particular revolver was his?

INSTEAD OF SAYING:

LOL. Does this ridiculous question REALLY need to be answered?

YES. IT DOES.

BUT YOU SAY:

1.) Oswald fills out an order form from Seaport Traders for one revolver.

2.) Seaport Traders mails a gun with the serial number V510210 to the name and address on the order form FILLED OUT BY OSWALD.

3.) A revolver with the serial number V510210 is IN OSWALD'S HANDS when LHO was arrested on 11/22/63.

Now, tell me how any reasonable person can add up #1 through #3 above and come to the conclusion that Revolver V510210 did not belong to Oswald? No reasonable person could perform such cockeyed math.

WRONG ANSWER. SOUND BUZZER.

THE QUESTION ISN'T WHAT REASONABLE PERSON WOULD BE ABLE TO PERFORM SUCH COCKEYED MATH, THE QUESTION IS DID OSWALD ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING A PISTOL ON HIM WHEN ARRESTED. AND THE ANSWER IS YES.

Jim DiEugenio, as usual, wants to pretend that his favorite patsy was totally innocent of shooting anyone on November 22nd. Unfortunately for Jim, however, the actual evidence is making him look like a fool in this "innocent patsy" regard.

AS USUAL IT IS DVP WHO CAN'T GET IT STRAIGHT. AND WHY WOULD JD HAVE TO PRETEND HIS FAVORITE PATSY IS TOTALLY INNOCENT OF SHOOTING ANYONE, WHEN TO MOST RESONABLE PEOPLE - 80% - OSWALD WAS EITHER SET UP AS THE PATSY AS HE CLAIMED TO BE, OR WAS PART OF LARGER CONSPIRACY. THE THREE ITEMS YOU SAY CONVINCES YOU THAT OSWALD IS GUILTY OF KILLING THE PRESIDENT AND TIPPIT MERELY CONNECTS HIM BY A THIN PAPER TRAIL TO THE WEAPONS SAID TO HAVE BEEN USED. THAT'S NOT VERY CONVINCING, AND COMES UNRAVELED WHEN YOU LOOK CLOSER TO THE PO BOX AND THE DELIVERY AND THE PICK UP AND THE WAREABOUTS OF THE WEAPONS.

RATHER THAN RANT AND RAVE ABOUT WHAT RESONABLE PEOPLE WOULD CALCULATE, YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ANSWERED THE QUESTION - DID OSWALD ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING THE PISTOL ON HIM WHEN ARRESTED? YES.

WHAT, DO I HAVE TO MAKE YOUR CASE AS WELL AS THE CT CASE TOO?

OSWALD: "The only thing I have done is carry a pistol into a movie …… I don't know why you are treating me like this. The only thing I have done is carry a pistol into a movie….I fought back there, but I know I wasn't supposed to be carrying a gun…..What is this all about?"

The Last Words of Lee Harvey Oswald By Mae Brussell

Edited by William Kelly

If you hit the link to the actual coupon, you will see why no fingerprint analyst could ever make it work. It looks like scribble with a crayon.

Huh? A fingerprint analyst? Jim must mean handwriting analyst here. ~shrug~

Anyway, you don't need to be an official "handwriting" or "questioned documents" expert to tell that the writing on these 2 WC documents is the same. It's fairly obvious.

Of course, Jim D. will now probably say that the "Dallas, Texas" on both of these documents was written in by some "Oswald imposter" who only wanted to make it look like Oswald had written in these words:

Oswald+Handwriting+Comparison.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

As per the automatics disappearing, consider this: "The shell at the scene indicates [sic; indicate] that the subject is armed with an automatic .38 rather than a pistol." (ibid 156) That was Jerry Hill speaking.

Yes. But I suggest reading pages 260-269 of Dale Myers' "With Malice". Those pages will give you the full picture and story behind that radio transmission made by DPD Sergeant Gerald L. Hill.

Edited by David Von Pein

Well, Jim DiEugenio and I have at least one thing in common -- we never seem to sleep.

In my case, it's probably because "DVP" is really 13 different LNers posing as just one (as some conspiracy theorists have suggested). That way, the CIA-sponsored LN/WC/SBT/LHO disinfo can continue unabated around the clock. :)

Edited by David Von Pein

You miss one point Dave. I live on the West Coast. So whenever I am posting past midnight, it's even later in Peyton Manning land.

I'm well aware of that fact, Jim.

But I've also noticed that you, just like me, have posted messages at all hours of the day and night.

It's not an observation that means a darn thing. It's merely an observation that I find interesting. (Probably because I keep very odd hours as well.)

In fact, James DiEugenio, over a short period of time, has posted messages at The Education Forum during every single hour of the 24-hour day (linked below).

I'm fairly certain that I have also completed the "24-hour circle" of posting messages too (when combining all of the forums I've posted on). But Jim's "24-hour" feat has been accomplished within just one forum, and in less than two months, as illustrated by the 24 posts linked below. (Yes, I had a little extra time on my hands today, so I compiled this "24-hour" list just for kicks. [Which, of course, is now a useless list, since all of DiEugenio's pre-2015 Edu. Forum posts have been deleted by EF for some silly reason; therefore, none of the links below point to the Jimmy D. posts they originally did point to])....

12:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time

1:35 AM PDT

2:30 AM PDT

3:21 AM PDT

4:55 AM PDT

5:30 AM PDT

6:39 AM PDT

7:26 AM PDT

8:01 AM PDT

9:41 AM PDT

10:27 AM PDT

11:34 AM PDT

12:40 PM PDT

1:16 PM PDT

2:49 PM PDT

3:51 PM PDT

4:21 PM PDT

5:49 PM PDT

6:43 PM PDT

7:29 PM PDT

8:29 PM PDT

9:39 PM PDT

10:12 PM PDT

11:08 PM PDT

Edited by David Von Pein

Hidell's name only enters the pubic consciousness once the rifle order has been traced. .... The arresting officers don't mention it because they didn't know about it.

Bullxxxx.

There were two pieces of "Hidell" identification taken out of Oswald's wallet by the police after LHO's arrest. And the signature of "Alek J. Hidell" that appears on the Selective Service System card (CE795 and CE796) is in the handwriting of Lee Harvey Oswald, without a shred of a doubt.

So, unless Oswald was framing himself, then it's quite obvious that the name "Hidell" wasn't just made up from whole cloth by the police after the assassination. Certain conspiracy mongers, as usual, will try desperately to mold the evidence into something it is not....just as Lee Farley is attempting to do in this forum thread when he uttered this outlandish and ridiculous statement (for which there is ZERO credible evidence to offer up as support for it):

"The whole "Hidell" situation is beyond bizarre and I don't buy for a second that Oswald had this ID on him in the patrol car."

WH_Vol17_0354b.jpg

Of course, all reasonable people who aren't lifetime members of the "Anybody But Oswald" fan club also know that the name "Hidell" was written BY OSWALD HIMSELF on the two order forms that Oswald filled out for the revolver and the rifle. There is no question about that irrevocable fact (despite the constant protests coming from the ABO members).

There's also this testimony from Gerald Hill:

GERALD L. HILL. I asked Paul Bentley, "Why don't you see if he has any identification." Paul was sitting sort of sideways in the seat, and with his right hand he reached down and felt of the suspect's left hip pocket and said, "Yes, he has a billfold," and took it out. I never did have the billfold in my possession, but the name Lee Oswald was called out by Bentley from the back seat, and said this identification, I believe, was on the library card. And he also made the statement that there was some more identification in this other name which I don't remember, but it was the same name that later came in the paper that he bought the gun under.

DAVID W. BELIN. Would the name Hidell mean anything? Alek Hidell?

Mr. HILL. That would be similar. I couldn't say specifically that is what it was, because this was a conversation and I never did see it written down, but that sounds like the name that I heard.

Mr. BELIN. Was this the first time you learned of the name?

Mr. HILL. Yes; it was.

====================

There is also Marina Oswald's Warren Commission testimony regarding the name Hidell. Marina, however, must have been confused about when she first heard the fictitious name "Hidell", because she couldn't possibly have heard the name "Hidell" on either one of Lee Oswald's WDSU radio appearances, because the name "Hidell" is never mentioned once during either of those two New Orleans radio programs in August 1963.

Lee Harvey Oswald On The Radio

I suppose conspiracy theorists think that the name "Hidell" was placed into Marina Oswald's mouth during the Warren Commission testimony excerpted below (due to the fact we know she's wrong about when she first heard the name).

But regardless of Marina's confusion about the radio programs, it's fairly obvious that Marina herself knew that her husband was using the name Hidell as an alias at some point well prior to the assassination of JFK:

J. LEE RANKIN. Have you ever heard that he used the fictitious name Hidell?

MARINA OSWALD. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. When did you first learn that he used such a name?

Mrs. OSWALD. In New Orleans.

Mr. RANKIN. How did you learn that?

Mrs. OSWALD. When he was interviewed by some anti-Cubans, he used this name and spoke of an organization. I knew there was no such organization. And I know that Hidell is merely an altered Fidel, and I laughed at such foolishness. My imagination didn't work that way.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you say anything to him about it at that time?

Mrs. OSWALD. I said that it wasn't a nice thing to do and some day it would be discovered anyhow.

[...]

Mr. RANKIN. Except for the time in New Orleans that you described, and the time you called to Dallas to ask for your husband, do you know of any other time your husband was using an assumed name?

Mrs. OSWALD. No, no more.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you think he was using that assumed name in connection with this Fair Play for Cuba activity or something else?

Mrs. OSWALD. The name Hidell...was in connection with his activity with the non-existing organization.

Mr. RANKIN. Did you and your husband live under the name Hidell in New Orleans?

Mrs. OSWALD. No.

Mr. RANKIN. You were never identified as the Hidells, as far as you knew, while you were there?

Mrs. OSWALD. No. No one knew that Lee was Hidell.

Mr. RANKIN. How did you discover it, then?

Mrs. OSWALD. I already said that when I listened to the radio, they spoke of that name, and I asked him who, and he said that it was he.

Mr. RANKIN. Was that after the arrest?

Mrs. OSWALD. I don't remember when the interview took place, before the arrest or after.

Mr. RANKIN. But it was in regard to some interview for radio transmission, and he had identified himself as Hidell, rather than Oswald, is that right?

Mrs. OSWALD. No--he represented himself as Oswald, but he said that the organization which he supposedly represents is headed by Hidell.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/oswald_m1.htm

Edited by David Von Pein

So, Martin Hay, you don't think the Hidell signature in CE795/796 was penned by Oswald?

See CE3105 and the testimony of Alwyn Cole (questioned documents expert for the Department of the Treasury) at 4 H 392, verifying that the "Alek J. Hidell" signature on this Selective Service card was written by Lee Harvey Oswald:

WH_Vol17_0354b.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

So, Martin, you don't think the Hidell signature in CE795/796 was penned by Oswald?

See CE3105 and the testimony of Alwyn Cole (questioned documents expert for the Department of the Treasury) at 4 H 392, verifying that the "Alek J. Hidell" signature on this Selective Service card was written by Lee Harvey Oswald:

WH_Vol17_0354b.jpg

These are pretty sophisticated forgeries, wouldn't you say Dave?

When do you think he made them? While at Jaggers/Chiles/Stoval?

I don't know of any other time when he had access to a darkroom or the equipment to do this type of graphic.

And did Bentley really say that among the items in Oswald's wallet was a driver's license? That's hard to believe.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Hi Bill,

Yes, DPD Detective Paul Bentley did tell WFAA-TV on Nov. 23rd that Oswald had a driver's license, which was obviously an error, since we know that Oswald had no driver's license at all.

But you can tell that Bentley wasn't exactly sure what cards and ID were pulled from LHO's wallet. Bentley didn't closely examine every one of the documents in Oswald's wallet.

Bentley also said that there were "credit cards" pulled from Oswald's wallet, too -- which is another obvious mistake, because we know that Oswald had no credit cards either.

So, Bentley's examination of all the cards found in Oswald's possession after his arrest at the Texas Theater was obviously not a very detailed one.

Paul Bentley 11/23/63 Interview

As for the fake "Hidell" Selective Service card that Oswald created, the forgery I suppose could be looked upon as being sophisticated to some degree, but the Warren Commission's experts certainly weren't fooled by the forgery attempt.

The WC goes into quite a bit of detail about how the fake Selective Service System card was made [see WR, p. 571-576]:

WCReport_0298a.gif

WCReport_0298b.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

That's interesting about the lack of the Hidell name Lee.

You might be onto something

In Accessories After the Fact Sylvia Meagher devotes an entire chapter to Hidell and Oswald's alleged use of that name.

Meagher's treatment of the subject is comprehensive and anyone reading it would know that Lee Farley's statements are

closer to the truth than those of David Von Pein.

Von Pein's claims do not incorporate all of the evidence and testimony. Not by a long shot.

Von Pein's claims do not incorporate all of the evidence and testimony. Not by a long shot.

Oswald himself signed this phony card with the name "Alek J. Hidell":

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0354b.htm

And Oswald himself wrote the name "A.J. Hidell" on this order form:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/David_Von_Pein/MISCELLANEOUS%20JFK-RELATED%20PHOTOS/CE790.jpg

And Oswald himself wrote the name "A. Hidell" on this money order:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0352a.htm

And Oswald himself wrote the name "A. Hidell" on this order form and envelope:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0364b.htm

In light of the above five documents, there can be no doubt that Lee Harvey Oswald utilized the alias A.J. Hidell in 1963, regardless of what the infamous Sylvia Meagher had to say in her book.

Edited by David Von Pein

There have been plenty of folks who have made a living forging signatures, handwriting and all manner of stuff. And I guarantee a good number of those have worked for US intelligence agencies.

So, Martin, was somebody supposedly framing Lee Oswald for JFK's murder eight months in advance, via this money order made out in the name Hidell? Or is the March 12th date supposedly phony too?:

WH_Vol17_0352a.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

Isn't it funny how his dyslexia sorted itself out when writing and signing these?

Yeah. Jack Ruby (the guy who obviously faked Oswald's handwriting on every document connected to the JFK murder case) should have deliberately misspelled some words, just to make the forgeries look more "dyslexic friendly". That silly Mr. Rubenstein. What the hell was he thinking when framing Patsy Oswald?

You've solved the case, Lee! Congrats!

Edited by David Von Pein