The Education Forum

Jesse Ventura's JFK "Conspiracy Theory" program

Guest James H. Fetzer

Michael,

That is one of several suggestions I have made, but it takes time for the alternatives to be sorted out. Thanks for asking.

Jim

From tvbythenumbers.com:

As truTV marches toward what is on track to be its best year ever in primetime delivery of key adult and male demos, the network's original series are

delivering outstanding time-period growth.

New episodes of Most Shocking (Wednesday at 9 p.m.), Black Gold (Wednesday at 10 p.m.) and The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest… (Thursday at 9 p.m.)

and
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura
(Friday at 10 p.m.) all scored double- and triple-digit percentage growth for their timeslots among truTV's targeted demos: adults 18-34,

adults 18-49, men 18-34 and men 18-49.

The final numbers for Friday's show should be out any day now.

I thought that the show was excellent, considering the time restraints of a sixty minute program. It's only natural that there will be disagreement

about some of the details and approaches taken by Ventura and his staff, particularly among The Education Forum members. In my opinion,

that in no way detracts from the overall purpose of the program, which was to bring JFK's murder to a broader audience that might not be

familiar with many of the important issues reported in the show. TruTV deserves some credit for allowing discussion of the former U.S. Presidents

and their possible connections. We all remember what happened when the History Channel aired Turner's segment on LBJ.

Probably my favorite segment of the show was Jesse Ventura's closing remarks, delivered with his trademark growl:

"Almost fifty years later its still the same old Military-Industrial complex. The same powers still calling the shots, still threatening, still trying to keep us from the truth.

A lone gunman? A magic bullet?

WAKE UP!

I'm Jesse Ventura and this is Conspiracy Theory."

"Speaking of Nigel Turner -- Jim, did you have the opportunity to bring up the Judyth Baker story to Jesse Ventura and, if so, what was his response?"

While I missed the TV shows, I heard JV on the radio the other day and he most certainly and positively endorsed Judyth Baker and her story. I guess he's easily persuaded and not familiar with the details.

BK

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest James H. Fetzer

I would turn it around and make that observation about you. Since she has nothing to do with this thread,

why don't you comment on Jesse's show, which is the subject? Why aren't you giving us your take on it?

Are you hesitant to say something positive because I was part of it? I hope you are not as shallow as that.

Michael,

That is one of several suggestions I have made, but it takes time for the alternatives to be sorted out. Thanks for asking.

Jim

From tvbythenumbers.com:

As truTV marches toward what is on track to be its best year ever in primetime delivery of key adult and male demos, the network's original series are

New episodes of Most Shocking (Wednesday at 9 p.m.), Black Gold (Wednesday at 10 p.m.) and The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest… (Thursday at 9 p.m.)

and
(Friday at 10 p.m.) all scored double- and triple-digit percentage growth for their timeslots among truTV's targeted demos: adults 18-34,

I thought that the show was excellent, considering the time restraints of a sixty minute program. It's only natural that there will be disagreement

about some of the details and approaches taken by Ventura and his staff, particularly among The Education Forum members. In my opinion,

that in no way detracts from the overall purpose of the program, which was to bring JFK's murder to a broader audience that might not be

familiar with many of the important issues reported in the show. TruTV deserves some credit for allowing discussion of the former U.S. Presidents

and their possible connections. We all remember what happened when the History Channel aired Turner's segment on LBJ.

Probably my favorite segment of the show was Jesse Ventura's closing remarks, delivered with his trademark growl:

"Almost fifty years later its still the same old Military-Industrial complex. The same powers still calling the shots, still threatening, still trying to keep us from the truth.

WAKE UP!

"Speaking of Nigel Turner -- Jim, did you have the opportunity to bring up the Judyth Baker story to Jesse Ventura and, if so, what was his response?"

While I missed the TV shows, I heard JV on the radio the other day and he most certainly and positively endorsed Judyth Baker and her story. I guess he's easily persuaded and not familiar with the details.

BK

Edited by James H. Fetzer

I would turn it around and make that observation about you. Since she has nothing to do with this thread,

why don't you comment on Jesse's show, which is the subject? Why aren't you giving us your take on it?

Are you hesitant to say something positive because I was part of it? I hope you are not as shallow as that.

Michael,

Jim

From tvbythenumbers.com:

and

WAKE UP!

BK

I just tried to answer Michael's question regarding JV's take on JVB. He buys it hook, line and sinker.

Since I corrected my first impressions in post #16, is this really the best you can do?

You aren't retarded. This was the single best one-hour program on JFK in TV history!

Perhaps Pat and Kevin are quasi-retrarted as well, since they had the same impression, you said he made a major error but it was "brilliant" because it helped advance the cause.

Edited by Len Colby

Guest James H. Fetzer

Even I have not thought you were this shabby. There are no "major errors" and, for a program that

covers so much in so little time, that is quite remarkable. He does say that Marina's having told

him that she took the pictures convinced him that she took them, which is wrong (since no one took

them: they were faked!) but certainly understandable. Since I corrected my initial impressions in

post #16, as I have already explained to you, I can't believe you are still trying to make something

out of nothing. But that has actually been your modus operandi all along, now that I think about it!

Since I corrected my first impressions in post #16, is this really the best you can do?

You aren't retarded. This was the single best one-hour program on JFK in TV history!

Perhaps Pat and Kevin are quasi-retrarted as well, since they had the same impression, you said he made a major error but it was "brilliant" because it helped advance the cause.

Even I have not thought you were this shabby. There are no "major errors" and, for a program that

covers so much in so little time, that is quite remarkable. He does say that Marina's having told

him that she took the pictures convinced him that she took them, which is wrong (since no one took

them: they were faked!) but certainly understandable. Since I corrected my initial impressions in

post #16, as I have already explained to you, I can't believe you are still trying to make something

out of nothing. But that has actually been your modus operandi all along, now that I think about it!

Two other members already noted that you praised a mistake as "brilliant", I wrote 1 1/2 lines concurring. That you get so bent out of shape is telling, beside your lapdog every here realizes you will brook no criticism, as the bard said "the lady doth protest too much"!

Guest Robert Morrow

I watched the show tonight. I thought it was a mixed bag.

There was some good stuff in it, like the talks with Bugliosi, and Gary Mack. And the fact that Marina is ready to admit that Oswald and DeM were CIA. I thought the rifle test was good, but it could have been even better. The interview with Jim Marrs was good as I agree with him as to why Oswald was there.

But Jesse's show is generally tabloid in its approach. So it has a weakness for an MTV ultra fast pace, cheesy locations to suggest danger, and also a play for sensationalism. Which explains why I did not like the closing with St. John Hunt and Russ Baker. I thought this was really Alex Jones stuff.

Seamus Coogan will be doing an in depth review of the whole show at CTKA.

I think that Alex Jones has a deeper, fuller and more accurate take on the JFK assassination than Seamus Coogan. Alex Jones understands fully that Lyndon Johnson was deeply involved in the JFK assassination. Alex Jones is also deeply suspicious of the role of George Herbert Walker Bush, high ranking Texas CIA, in the JFK assassination. I must say that I am extremely unimpressed with the abilities and knowledge of Seamus Coogan re: the 1963 Coup d'Etat.

Guest Robert Morrow

I think that the backyard photos of Lee Harvey Oswald holding the gun and papers are LEGITIMATE. It was a part of Oswald's sheep dipping program, PRETEND to be a pro-Castro Marxist for the CIA and/or Guy Bannister. I think both commie papers are of competing ideologies. Kind of like me holding up a copy of The Nation and the National Review and saying "Look, I am an American terrorist!"

Robert:

The whole idea of this case today is to take it to a level where we do not have to rely on someone like St. John Hunt or Alex Jones.

I mean, did you see the presentation at Lancer on this subject? Costner and his pal David G came away feeling that Hunt was trying to sell a movie. That is why they lost interest after offering Hunt a ton of money.

ALso, why does this version of the Hunt confession differ from the one in his book? I mean, if its true,that should not happen.

Why on earth would someone like Cord Meyer be involved in an assassination? Because Hunt knew about all the lore about JFK and his former wife and knew it would be a spicy sell?

If you look at this objectively what is Hunt selling? A rogue operation with LBJ that gets him and David Phillips off the hook.

That's right partner. Yet these are the two CIA guys who we can really make a case about.

So what happens is that Hunt is true blue to the end. He gets off Helms, Dulles, Angleton and Phillips and diverts us all with a "rogue operation" led by LBJ.

No sale.

This is why I talked about this issue in my lecture at Lancer and also in an article I did about "Silver bullets" and the JFK case. Too many people have a weakness for this kind of stuff. Therefore, you get things like Gregory Douglass and the Zipper documents and Louis Russell finding JFK's brain and Peter Janney and his Mary Meyer as guru to JFK. All of them leading us down the primrose path.

The Kennedy case will not be solved like this. And what this does is distract us from the record that is solid and has been established.

PS Robert, how can the backyard photos be genuine if Marina said she never saw a rifle with a scope until after the assassination? Jesse and his crack staff somehow missed that point or failed to ask her about it.

Jim, Where can we see the Lancer presentations? Are you going to post your Lancer presentaion on line?

What else was said at Lancer of signifiacne?

Was Zavada there? If so, what did he say?

BK

Robert:

The whole idea of this case today is to take it to a level where we do not have to rely on someone like St. John Hunt or Alex Jones.

I mean, did you see the presentation at Lancer on this subject? Costner and his pal David G came away feeling that Hunt was trying to sell a movie. That is why they lost interest after offering Hunt a ton of money.

ALso, why does this version of the Hunt confession differ from the one in his book? I mean, if its true,that should not happen.

Why on earth would someone like Cord Meyer be involved in an assassination? Because Hunt knew about all the lore about JFK and his former wife and knew it would be a spicy sell?

If you look at this objectively what is Hunt selling? A rogue operation with LBJ that gets him and David Phillips off the hook.

That's right partner. Yet these are the two CIA guys who we can really make a case about.

So what happens is that Hunt is true blue to the end. He gets off Helms, Dulles, Angleton and Phillips and diverts us all with a "rogue operation" led by LBJ.

No sale.

This is why I talked about this issue in my lecture at Lancer and also in an article I did about "Silver bullets" and the JFK case. Too many people have a weakness for this kind of stuff. Therefore, you get things like Gregory Douglass and the Zipper documents and Louis Russell finding JFK's brain and Peter Janney and his Mary Meyer as guru to JFK. All of them leading us down the primrose path.

The Kennedy case will not be solved like this. And what this does is distract us from the record that is solid and has been established.

PS Robert, how can the backyard photos be genuine if Marina said she never saw a rifle with a scope until after the assassination? Jesse and his crack staff somehow missed that point or failed to ask her about it.

Jim, Where can we see the Lancer presentations? Are you going to post your Lancer presentaion on line?

BK

Robert:

No sale.

BK

Well, they will be on DVD soon.

I talked about the whole issue of revisionism in history and related it to the JFK case. Namely the idea that revisionism cannot be judged on its own. It has to be measured against a background of tradition. If not, it exists in a vacuum.

So I talked about what i Consider two early disinfo tracts: Farewell America and the Torbitt Document and their relation to Garrison.

I then discussed three modern parallels to these: Family of Secrets, Ultimate Sacrifice, and Hankey's film, JFK 2. These attempts at revisionism fail since they are not founded on any tradition or soundly based facts. In fact, they actually violate tradition and the established record.

There is a discussion of the Costner, Hunt interlude at Lancer forum right now.

PS Zavada was there. I thought he was good. He made a cogent argument about the pin registration in a Bell and H camera at 8mm being too unsteady to blow up and then reduce down without him being able to detect it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/11/the-kennedy-assassination-47-years-later-what-do-we-really-know/66722/

PS Zavada was there. I thought he was good. He made a cogent argument about the pin registration in a Bell and H camera at 8mm being too unsteady to blow up and then reduce down without him being able to detect it.

What's pin registration as he defined it?