The Education Forum

Dale Myers, Don Thomas, & The Murder Of Officer Tippit

Regarding the canvassing of the Tippit crime scene, why do we have so little regarding the occupants of 404 East 10th? Myers mentions Ann McRavey...but no one else, from 5 apartments? What about the DPD reports? (Steve, her last name was McRavin, not McRavey.)

And Virginia Davis statement that Tippit "was parked between the hedge that marks the apartment house were he lives in and the house next door."

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15689&st=0&p=188189entry188189 (???)

Was Tippit a familiar presence to Davis? Why did she make this claim?

(--Thomas)

bump

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get your highlight, there is the story of the house as a locally romoured police 'safe house' (where not just Tppit, but Tippit a sufficiently regular attendant) involving vices. I think one can speculate that Olsons unlocated mansion could have been this place. Can one? Is there a photo that clearly shows what is written on the sign?

Regarding the canvassing of the Tippit crime scene, why do we have so little regarding the occupants of 404 East 10th? Myers mentions Ann McRavey...but no one else, from 5 apartments? What about the DPD reports? (Steve, her last name was McRavin, not McRavey.)

And Virginia Davis statement that Tippit "was parked between the hedge that marks the apartment house were he lives in and the house next door."

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15689&st=0&p=188189entry188189 (???)

Was Tippit a familiar presence to Davis? Why did she make this claim?

(--Thomas)

bump

Sorry Thomas, didn't read the bold.

Yes, Mrs Charles McRavin, note 871 pg 655 of "With Malice"

Meagher had her name as McCravey...

And Virgina Davis' Testimony...

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh6/html/WC_Vol6_0234b.htm

Where did Jack Revill get the address 605 Elsbeth from and why, when he typed his TSBD employees report, did he not yet have Charles Givens address? Got a "reasonable" explanation or would you like to phone a friend?

I know its an uncomfortable question and you don't really like, or are unable, to discuss the EVIDENCE, but ANY "reasonable" answer from such a "reasonable" person as you, would suffice.

David, you had sufficient time to come up with some sort of answer.

But it's open to anyone else, as well.

Where did Jack Revill get the address 605 Elsbeth from and why, when he typed his TSBD employees report, did he not yet have Charles Givens address? Got a "reasonable" explanation or would you like to phone a friend?

I know its an uncomfortable question and you don't really like, or are unable, to discuss the EVIDENCE, but ANY "reasonable" answer from such a "reasonable" person as you, would suffice.

I don't know about Givins, but isn't Revill one of those Army Reserve guys, like all of those in the Criminal Intelligence Section under Gannaway, and didn't the Army Intel. check their files and telephonically adivse the DPD that Oswald used the alias Hidell and lived at Elsebth, which is where he lived previously?

And I think the other question is important too - why did Virginia Davis say that she thought Tippit lived at the residence next to where he was shot? And who lived there?

BK

I don't know about Givins, but isn't Revill one of those Army Reserve guys, like all of those in the Criminal Intelligence Section under Gannaway, and didn't the Army Intel. check their files and telephonically adivse the DPD that Oswald used the alias Hidell and lived at Elsebth, which is where he lived previously?

Bill, the common belief is that it came to Revill via the 112th MIG, but whenever I have asked for a citation, I have not got a response.

And I think the other question is important too - why did Virginia Davis say that she thought Tippit lived at the residence next to where he was shot? And who lived there?

Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; we just saw a police car sitting on the side of the road.

Mr. BELIN. Where was the police car parked?

Mrs. DAVIS. It was parked
between the hedge that marks the apartment house where he lives in and the house next door.

I don't think it's any more than a mistranscription and should read, "between the hedge that marks the apartment house where we live and the house next door". That was in fact the location, wasn't it? If you take the statement the way it has been transcribed, then the car was between two other houses...

BK

Bill, the common belief is that it came to Revill via the 112th MIG, but whenever I have asked for a citation, I have not got a response.

between the hedge that marks the apartment house where he lives in and the house next door.

I don't think it's any more than a mistranscription and should read, "between the hedge that marks the apartment house where we live and the house next door". That was in fact the location, wasn't it? If you take the statement the way it has been transcribed, then the car was between two other houses...

BK

Okay, got the typo.

Jones doesn't mention any address, but did get a call from DPD source and gave info to FBI regarding Oswald's use of Hidell alias.

Nor does Jones seem familiar with Whitmyer and the Army Reserve Unit that Col. Brandy/Whitmyer/Crichton/Lumpkin/Revill/Ganaway all were involved with.

Jones appears to be a Southeast regional commander - deputy chief of staff, Intelligence, US Army, while the other guys are in the local Dallas Reserves unit.

112th Military Intelligence Group

Col. Robert Jones HSCA Unpublished Testimony: http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/unpub_testimony/Jones_4-20-78/html/jones_0002a.htm

Ed Forum: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2G3gQOU1vsgJ:educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D2331+Col.+Robert+Jones+112th+Military+Intelligence+Fort+Sam+Houston&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Lancer hightlights of Jones' testimony: http://www.jfklancer.com/RobertJones.html

BK

Okay, got the typo.

Jones doesn't mention any address, but did get a call from DPD source and gave info to FBI regarding Oswald's use of Hidell alias.

Nor does Jones seem familiar with Whitmyer and the Army Reserve Unit that Col. Brandy/Whitmyer/Crichton/Lumpkin/Revill/Ganaway all were involved with.

Jones appears to be a Southeast regional commander - deputy chief of staff, Intelligence, US Army, while the other guys are in the local Dallas Reserves unit.

Col. Robert Jones HSCA Unpublished Testimony: http://www.history-m...jones_0002a.htm

Ed Forum: http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Lancer hightlights of Jones' testimony: http://www.jfklancer...obertJones.html

Here's the typed list of TSBD employees with Oz #1 and Elsbeth St. Address.

http://jfk.ci.dallas...11/1182-001.gif

When Jack Revell wrote this report early in the afternoon of 11/22/63 - I would say around 3 PM,

he wrote about SUBJECT: Lee Harvey Oswald - 605 Elsbeth St.

Greg's question is how did he get this address?

Is that right?

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/13/1313-001.gif

Edited by William Kelly

BK

Okay, got the typo.

Col. Robert Jones HSCA Unpublished Testimony: http://www.history-m...jones_0002a.htm

Ed Forum: http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Lancer hightlights of Jones' testimony: http://www.jfklancer...obertJones.html

Here's the typed list of TSBD employees with Oz #1 and Elsbeth St. Address.

http://jfk.ci.dallas...11/1182-001.gif

When Jack Revell wrote this report early in the afternoon of 11/22/63 - I would say around 3 PM,

he wrote about SUBJECT: Lee Harvey Oswald - 605 Elsbeth St.

Greg's question is how did he get this address?

Is that right?

http://jfk.ci.dallas...13/1313-001.gif

Bill,

we know the list wasn't taken from TSBD employment records.

We know that there were phone calls between 112th MIG and certain members of DPD - possibly including Revill. That makes it at least theoretically possible that the address came from the 112th. However, there is, as far as I can tell, nothing to substantiate it. It seems to be one those things that someone once surmised and then it morphed into a "fact" by virtue of being repeated over and over.

We know that the DPD were collecting names and contact details of employees before letting them go.

The earliest newspaper accounts and statements of Harry Holmes quote police sources and Oswald respectively as Oswald being stopped at the front door and vouched for by a manager/superviser and being told to step aside - suggestive of being asked to wait while they took his details. The fact that his name is at the top is suggestive of him being the first allowed to leave. I doubt this cop was Baker - though Baker probably saw him (Truly certainly did) standing around a small storage room near the back stairs when they entered.

The whole thing about Givens is that his his name appears on there just above OV Campbell, but without an address. Givens wasn't there - but someone gave his name and no address - thus the APB.

There is another version of this list with hand written entries at the bottom - including Linnie Mae Randle. She got added when something her husband said to a motel receptionist got misunderstood (he had mentioned his brother-in-law working at the TSBD, but somehow when the receptionist phoned the tip in, it became Linnie Mae instead.

This explanation may be a bit too simple for some, but the cops were taking names and addresses. That very list contains the name and an address for Oswald; newspaper accounts and WC evidence state clearly Oswald was stopped at the entrance - and on top of that - Jarman complained to the HSCA interviewer that Oswald had been allowed to leave, while he had been ordered back inside.

If someone can come up with a better explanation for the Elsbeth address than that Oswald himself gave it, I'd be happy to see it - preferably supported by some type of evidence.

• 6 years later...
On 12/13/2010 at 6:15 AM, Greg Parker said:

If someone can come up with a better explanation for the Elsbeth address than that Oswald himself gave it, I'd be happy to see it - preferably supported by some type of evidence.

I know that this a response to a post that's over 10 years old, but in his WC testimony, Hosty said that he had the Elsbeth St. address as early as March, 1963.

Mr. HOSTY. This was March 4, 1963, when I began my inquiry as to her present whereabouts. I determined on March 4, 1963, through the Immigration and Naturalization Service records that she had moved from Fort Worth to the Dallas area. She was living on a street called Elsbeth Street in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas.

On March 11, 1963, I made inquiry at this Elsbeth address

Steve Thomas