The Education Forum

The "other" film?

Has anybody on this forum seen the camera original of Zapruder?.

If not what are we comparing to?.

The WC had it ,the HSCA had it and who knows who else .

And now there are a million copies!.

Edited by Ian Kingsbury

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read several Zapruder film threads and other related articles, blogs etc. I have not read all of this thread. In none of those threads do I recall seening an account of the processing of the Zapruder film that I did read elsewhere and I think it is interesting and it could be helpful.

The original Zapruder film was a "double 8" reel of film. This means that, like a cassette tape, you run it (play or record it), flip-it, and you can then run (play or record) the other side.

The account that I read is that the "B" side, if you will, had Zapruder family recordings on it. When the film was split, the family recordings were restored to viewable condition, as were the Dealy plaza recordings, and then they went off to wherever they went off to.

It seems to me that the "B" side recording, the family films, could be, and could always have been, useful in determining what is presently missing from the film that we see.

I don't know if this has been persued at all but I thought I should bring it up since I have not seen it discussed.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Michael Clark