The Education Forum

"Tan Jacket Man" Secretively Hands Something to "Blue Coated Guy" in the Parking Lot

There looks like there is an interaction between the two men- TJM and MIB.  It may be that the Man in Blue (MIB) calls out to TJM and TJM responds by turning and recognizing MIB.

As you can see in this frame from Karl's gif the TJM does have something in his hand.

Capture-2.jpg

TJM seems to be looking straight at the MIB, eye to eye so to speak.

When he passes MIB there is nothing in his hand.  His hand is in his pocket.  It looks like a handoff of something.   

Edited by John Butler

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/16/2019 at 2:39 PM, Karl Hilliard said:

A re-boot of the clip------

5K8VOUC.gif

The above video is becoming more intriguing as I review and study it.

I made the point that the blue suit man deliberately moves his body to the left "after" the tan jacket man has already turned backwards and only when TJM begins to approach him.

Their closeness in the entire scene indicates the BSM leftward movement began and happened within a short two or three second time frame.

And the blue suit man does this leftward movement to a point that he actually gets in front of the tan jacket man's way. With his left arm and shoulder blocking the tan man's left side and shoulder to a degree that initiates physical contact with each other.

The BSM clearly sees TJM coming towards him before he initiates this impeding action.

Normally wouldn't a person seeing another person walking toward them move to give this person room to not have this contact? Especially if there is lots of room to do so?

BSM wasn't "crowd pushed" into TJM.

And to highlight the BSM's movement left we have a great point of reference.

First, whoever is filming this scene doesn't move while filming.

Second, the white sweater - red skirt woman in the immediate foreground above BSM and TJM is standing almost totally still during this entire scene.

Look at how much the BSM moves left by his relative position with the white sweater-red skirt woman in the above foreground. 

Also, I have studied the afternoon sun shadow dynamics of the video and how this changed as certain people moved amongst and past each other in this.

While TJM is standing still and facing away from the filmer and before he turns and walks back toward the camera man,  you can see his figure casting a shadow on the white sweater-red skirt woman close to him on his right.

As the TJM turns and walks backward, his almost full body length shadow on the sweater woman disappears.

And then I noticed what I initially thought was another new smaller, oblong shaped shadow being cast that appears in front of the woman's red skirt and is protruding out horizontally from the left side of the TJM.

I now see that this new dark shadow seen in front of the white sweater woman's red skirt is not a shadow but actually TJM's left forearm.

And it is protruding out farther than if he had his left forearm and hand in his jacket pocket as his right hand clearly is.

Clearly, the TJM has his left hand extended outward versus being in his left jacket pocket beginning a split second before bumping into the blue suit man.

Then, after this TJM/BSM contact,  TJM moves his left sleeved forearm back closer to his midsection.

Also BSM instantly makes a deliberate move back to his right again ( use the white sweater-red skirt woman as a background reference ) which seems odd.

His left/right back and forth movement in the sequence doesn't seem to have any logical purpose other than to get in the way of the TJM passing next to him and then to get back right to his original standing location.

FWIW.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe,

"First, whoever is filming this scene doesn't move while filming."

This is the Robert Hughes film.  The sequence of events in the film is smoother than the gif.  Either frames are deleted or the timing sequence of the frames is slower causing the jerky movement seen making the gif look like the Tina Towner film.

Here's what I see at the opening.  TJM and BSM are scanning the crowd looking for something or someone.  BSM sees TJM first and perhaps calls out to him.  TJM looks like he is responding to something he hears.  Then they make the handoff of something.

The girl in the red skirt is in the Hughes film earlier on Main Street.  She is across the street on the grassy area between Main and Elm.  Then she is in the railroad yards. 

This indicates there is some period of time from the assassination to the railroad yard events.  How much time has passed I don't know.  Perhaps as much as two or three minutes.  Perhaps longer.

I haven't read this thread.  Has anyone suggested this is Lee Oswald before he makes his run down hill and get into a station wagon as seen by Roger Craig?

Oswald supposedly had a grey jacket on that day, WC Exhibit 162, instead of a tan jacket.  Here's is a comparison:

lhos-jacket-comparison-TJM.jpg    

Here's another comparison for the jacket found at the Tippit scene: 

lho-jacket-to-white-jacket.jpg

This is supposedly a white jacket in the comparison photo above. 

The white jacket above seems to be gathered at the waist of the jacket for a better fit.  It seems exhibit 162 is also.  And, ditto for TJM's jacket.

capture-g.jpg

I don't think these photo show anything other than a popular style of jacket.  I had a white one exactly like the one shown as WC ex. 162 in about the same time period.

The guy, TJM, could pass for what I think looks like Lee Oswald, not Harvey.  But, that is thin.  Very thin.  It depends on interpreting looks that people don't generally agree with.

Edited by John Butler