The Education Forum

Yes, There Was A Guy Holding A Sign

(Edited and moved here from my other thread (Was there a guy on the south side of Elm St. holding a sign; saying JFK -- s.o.b.?)

I just realized we've been talking about the wrong guy. The guy we've been talking about is in Z-365 or so, whereas the guy we should be talking about is in Z-345. The guy I'm talking about isn't even in the photos that have been posted on (the other) thread so far, but he's clearly visible in Z-345 behind one of the male photographers (Bothun, I think).

I highly recommend going to JFK Assassination Forum and then going to page 4 of the thread called "Orville nix film what are the dots and what in jacky's hand?" and scrolling way down to Robin Unger's large stabilized clip of this part of the Zapruder film. Towards the end of it you can really see this guy running up towards the limo, carrying a sign in his left hand.

--Tommy :D

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Edited and moved here from my other thread (Was there a guy on the south side of Elm St. holding a sign; saying JFK -- s.o.b.?)

I just realized we've been talking about the wrong guy. The guy we've been talking about is in Z-365 or so, whereas the guy we should be talking about is in Z-345. The guy I'm talking about isn't even in the photos that have been posted on (the other) thread so far, but he's clearly visible in Z-345 behind one of the male photographers (Bothun, I think).

I highly recommend going to JFK Assassination Forum and then going to page 4 of the thread called "Orville nix film what are the dots and what in jacky's hand?" and scrolling way down to Robin Unger's large stabilized clip of this part of the Zapruder film. Towards the end of it you can really see this guy running up towards the limo, carrying a sign in his left hand.

bump

Could someone please post Z-345 or that general part of the Zapruder film on this thread for me? I'm good with words but lousy with computers. --Thanks

Edited by Thomas Graves

Could someone please post Z-345 or that general part of the Zapruder film on this thread for me? I'm good with words but lousy with computers. --Thanks

Thomas here is the image you wish to be posted. Hope it is of help to you.

z345.jpg

James

Thanks, James!

The dude's standing behind the photographer on the left.

I highly recommend going to page 4 of "Orville nix film what are the dots and what in jacky's hand?" at the JFK Assassination Forum. Once there, scroll down to Robin Unger's large stabilized Z-film clip. Towards the end of it you can really see this guy running up towards the limo, carrying a sign in his left hand. Or go to YouTube and watch any uncropped one.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hi Tommy,

Once again, better quality frames give a clearer view of what is actually there.

The man appears to be holding two different items, one in each of his two different hands.

What they are, I don't know, but I don't see a protest sign.

It being lunchtime, my guess would be that the items are, a paper or plastic cup in his right hand, and possibly crumpled brown paper containg something like a burger or fries in his left hand.

twoitems.png

Duncan,

Interesting that you say you can't see a protest sign. How about just a good old sign welcoming Jack and Jackie to Dallas? Or maybe he's a hitch-hiker, and he's got his trusty old "Need a ride to Irving. Gotta pick up some curtain rods!" sign. Or maybe he's seven degrees removed from a clairvoyant and knows there's going to be an opening on the TSBD floor-laying a little later in the afternoon, and he's letting everybody know where they can apply! "Go see Ruth Paine, she'll 'set you up' but good! he he he."

So, smarty pants, what makes you think that the only kind of sign he'd be holding right there on that particular day at that particular time would have to be a protest sign, anyway? Protest, protest, protest. Is that all you can think about for cryin'out loud-- Protesting?

(Personally, I think he ought to go over to that other guy who is obviously drinking gin and tonic in that glowing plastic cup and protest the fact that he ain't sharing any of that gin and tonic with him. Hell, Gin and Tonic Man has obviously already had way too much to drink-- he so drunk he can't even walk or turn his little old head after the fatal head shot.) LOL

--Tommy :)

P.S. But I think you're right, Duncan. He was just running up to wave his Big Mac With Cheese wrapper at Jack and Jackie as they passed by. Wait. Check that. Did Big Macs With Cheese even exist in 1963? Hmmmmmm..... Allen, what do your sources tell you? Lee, would you like to weigh in on this in a tangential sort of way?

P.P.S. Hey! I got it! By waving that Big Mac With Cheese wrapper around, he was protesting the fact that they forgot to put extra onions on his Big Mac With Cheese!

I Mean (to use a Jim DiEugenio expression) anti-Castro Cubans do like onions, don't THey?

Oh Dear, there I go again with my racial profiling. Anyway, hope the headshot didn't ruin the Anti-Castro Cuban-Looking Guy's appetite.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Bell frame.

Bell_9.jpg

The Big Mac was introduced in Pennsylvania in 1967 [Ruth Payne connection? I dunno....], and nationwide in 1968.

McDonalds timeline

Mark,

I know it's not like me but, believe it or not, I was joking. You know, about the Big Mac With Cheese wrapper? Hell, for all I know it was a Bob's Big Boy Three-Pounder With Cheese and Extra Mayo wrapper that had "JFK -- S.O.B." written on it.

Anyway, thanks for the bump.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Look familiar?

Greg,

Well, I can explain "the lean" of the guy on the left. He was jogging forward and came to an abrupt halt. This frame catches him in the action of halting. But I can't explain "the lean" of "Oswald" in one of the backyard photos...