The Education Forum

Fidel Castro's speech on 11/23/63 about the JFK assassination

Guest Robert Morrow

OK Scott, you make some good points.

I would like to see the cold war with Cuba ended so that change in Cuba and the US can begin without all this propaganda on both sides.

What do these groups like Alpha 66 and others want to do in Cuba? They went wild in Miami with glee when they thought Fidel was dead but what do they expect Cuba to do when Both he and his brother are gone? Do they expect Cuba will give them medals or something?

You said all Alpha 66 wants is the color of Green, Money, but are you saying if they are not plotting to hurt the Cuban government, what are they doing?

They don’t want me and all American Citizens to have the freedom to travel there but what right do they have to do that and control the politics of Florida with this kind of intimidation that I should not have the right to find change through peace instead of psychological war.

About ten years ago I was almost ready to take the Flotilla Race to Cuba from the sailing Squadron in Sarasota but this particular pilot scared me so when I left the Club I had to go through a gauntlet of anti Castro Cubans screaming at me like I was their mortal enemy. I learned more by not going.

When I ran for prez as a write in after I challenged Bush to a debate at the high School in Brandon which he quickly canceled and an hour or so later I got a call from Japanese CNN to debate other Dark Horses in Miami, when I said I was to talk about Bush and the JFK coup to one of Camera Crew at the bar I was told I would be killed and during the debate when I said I wanted to go to Cuba and talk to Castro about his plans even though I conceded that he was in power for too long, a fellow came out of the audience and started yelling Kill him. kill Castro! I wonder now if it was Pujol.

Do these folks still want that?

Seems like this old, old feud which if the Bible is any model could go on for a thousand years if humanity somehow is lucky enough to survive the next 10 years.

As Pujol said on his tape, "try not to hurt anyone in life if possible, but! Do not be afraid to die for what you beleive in" The United States is just sitting back to see what happens in Cuba after the death of both Castro brothers, many beleive that there will be a mass genocide and killings of who will take over in power, not even Castro's children want that responsibility, the only reason Castro has lived as long as he has is because Castro has blanketed himself around security, he also broke Cuba up into three parts with appointing three generals in each part, neither general is allowed to know what information the other generals may have. I have recently found out that Castro lives in Havana in an area called "Un Punto". And it won't be long now...

As for Alpha 66, they are still a large organization in Miami that carries out their psychological warfare on Cuba. In the 70's Alpha 66 claimed they were the ones that where plotting the sinking of a Russian vessel on the way to Cuban, but that's not true, Tomas Arencibia was asked to quit his job, his position with Alpha 66 and work for the Cubanos Unidos full time. The group Alpha 66 is a Miami-based anti-Castro organization, which they say landed a thirteen man infiltration team into Cuba during April 1970 and claimed responsibility for sinking two Cuban Government boats.

At that time discussions were held concerning an attack on a Soviet ship in route to Cuba. My father, Sturgis and Navarro, people with the Cubanos Unidos included Gordon DiBattisto, Roerme Navarro (Wilfredo’s brother), Jose ‘Pepin’ Fortuno, Navarro's uncle, Tomas Arencibia and Rafael Orosman where responsible for the sinking of the Russian ships.

My father got very drunk and when they left Navarro’s office they entered the lobby downstairs my father began ranting and raving about a Russian ship, which was in route to Cuba. He said he wanted them to help him sink it now but when everyone decided not to go along with my father’s plan, he became more belligerent and said he was going to sink it himself.

War will not help Cuba.

Edited by Jim Glover

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Scott, if they are willing to sink Russian ships and still carry out warfare psychological or otherwise on Cuba, it gives Castro the perfect excuse to militantly defend Cuba.

That you admit this just makes the people of Cuba think that they are threatened by a group of Cubans in Miami who want to hurt them and put sanctions on them because they lost power and influence in Cuba.

It is old Miami Cubans against Cuba now trying to get their way but not living in the country they want to be on their side, the old side and they will all die off just like the Castro Brothers some day and I will die and you will die so who knows what will be after we all die.

Alpha 66 is not doing Cuba any good by conducting Warfare on Cuba and as you admit they like green money the most just as this is what the War Biz is really all about.

Live by war and die by war, live by hate and die from it... I see no love in your Father’s Groups only hate and revenge so they will accomplish nothing good for Cuba with their continuing war. As I pointed out from my confrontations with them their war is on Americans too.

War is not the Answer and I hope our country also finds this out.

Edited by Jim Glover

Well Scott, if they are willing to sink Russian ships and still carry out warfare psychological or otherwise on Cuba, it gives Castro the perfect excuse to militantly defend Cuba.

That you admit this just makes the people of Cuba think that they are threatened by a group of Cubans in Miami who want to hurt them and put sanctions on them because they lost power and influence in Cuba.

It is old Miami Cubans against Cuba now trying to get their way but not living in the country they want to be on their side, the old side and they will all die off just like the Castro Brothers some day and I will die and you will die so who knows what will be after we all die.

Alpha 66 is not doing Cuba any good by conducting Warfare on Cuba and as you admit they like green money the most just as this is what the War Biz is really all about.

Live by war and die by war, live by hate and die from it... I see no love in your Father’s Groups only hate and revenge so they will accomplish nothing good for Cuba with their continuing war.

War is not the Answer and I hope our country finds this out too.

You're right! Life is short, to many people have suffered at the hands of others just because they spoke up against a dictator, they don't have that freedom to speak against the government, Castro is not apart of a government he is a ruthless dictator just as Papa Doc, don't be fooled by his speeches, when he was doing an interview with Barbra Walters or visited the United States to met up with Nixon someone should have killed him then, people remain in prison for 30 years just because they want to live in a free democracy, and hold free elections, what is wrong with wanting to live free? Is it not better for one man to die then a whole country to perish? No one has done anything to help these people who are in jail, and I think its time.

Well you are wasting time with me, get to Cuba and do it for them they need you right? Hey if you kill Fidel they will be free, right?

In the meantime if you are bluffing, you still need help and in Cuba you could get it for free if you can’t afford it here.

Scott, you certainly implied that somebody around Barbara Walters should have killed him or around Nixon too and why should one man, meaning Fidel, of course not die rather than a whole country to perish.... and "it's about time" and you aren’t sure you are “bluffing"? Crazy talk so all this ambiguous hinting about he needs to go to free Cuba is crazy talk .

So if you do not want someone to kill Fidel just say so but it may get you in trouble with Alpha 66. So I think I see the sensitive position you are in with a long time terrorist group.

If you just want somebody else to do it, you are cowardly to my estimation and now we are now getting off the topic of Castro’s speech on JFK.

I think the problem is you should have quit when you said “I think I have said too much already” and as far as this topic goes you have said too much.

So to sum up, I can't help you because you do not have a peaceful soul and you know I want to end the War so don’t mess with this subject anymore with your hate.

JFK wanted peace and this topic is about that so if you have nothing more to add to this, I think you have said too much already.

Edited by Jim Glover

So now you are giving a good reason why your people are suspected in the JFK Coup.

With your "Where was Kennedy?”... that is the Bay of Pigs reason your group is suspect and makes me feel that they had something to do with it.

I say to the monitors, don’t erase anything because by saying too much you said a lot of true things that you don’t want revealed about some in the Cuban exile community’s motive to the JFK Coup. What you said, all of it is very relative to this topic, just not the impression you were trying to leave.

The monitors know that Sturgis is relevant. You do need help and erasing truth will not help you. The Truth is the truth and there is nothing you can do but get help and I wish you the Best.

• 2 months later...

???

http://www.granma.cu/ingles/international-i/17may-The%20Kennedy.html

Havana. May 17, 2012

The Kennedy assassination: somebody knew in advance

Gabriel Molina

GEORGE H. W. Bush and Richard Nixon were in Dallas on the day of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, one year after the October Missile Crisis. However, they deny or fail to remember this fact.

Brian Latell, a senior CIA agent, recently published the book Castro’s Secrets, prompting an insidious Miami Herald article by Glenn Garvin headlined "The Kennedy Assassination: Did Castro know in advance?". The article was reproduced in Life and Le Monde magazines.

Neither Latell nor Garvin asked where Nixon and Bush Senior were on November 22, 1963. Others have done so and the two politicians answered that they didn’t remember. But Paul Kangas and other researchers have disclosed evidence that both were in Dallas, Texas, and that they knew about the assassination.

Part of the evidence is a November 23, 1963 memo from FBI director Edgar Hoover, revealing that George Bush Sr., as a CIA officer, reported on Cuban exiles’ reaction to Kennedy’s death. Bush alleged that this was another agent of the same name, but left the impression that the FBI knew what he was saying. Fletcher Prouty, a former CIA link official, stated that Bush – by then a high-ranking officer with the agency although he also denied that fact – was responsible for organizing the Bay of Pigs invasion, involving the recruitment of Cubans later suspected by the U.S. Congressional Committee investigating the assassination of being linked to John F. Kennedy’s death.

Carl Freund, from the Dallas Morning News, interviewed Nixon on the day of the assassination, who stated during the interview that Kennedy intended to drop Lyndon Johnson as his running mate in 1964 and attacked the President for the civil rights demonstrations taking place throughout the U.S., commenting that Kennedy had offered more than he could give. The newspaper added that Nixon was attending a meeting of the Pepsi Cola Company in the city and was staying at the Baker hotel. The day before the assassination, The Dallas Times Herald published a photo of Nixon taken in Dallas with Donald Kendall, president of Pepsi Cola. Kangas refutes the argument that Nixon had already left the city, given that airport documents show that he left after the assassination. (1)

In 1991, CIA agent Chauncey Holt told Newsweek magazine that Kendall was considered by the agency as its eyes and ears in the Caribbean. The CIA is key to the close relationship between the businessman and the politician. Pepsi had a factory and a plantation in Cuba which were nationalized by the revolutionary government.

Researcher Carl Oglesby places Nixon and Vice President Johnson during the evening of November 21 at a Dallas party, which he considers the final coordination meeting for the assassination. Kennedy’s increasing confrontations with Johnson during 1963 were known in government circles and by the President’s close friends. They were sure that his corrupt connections were going to be exposed and that Johnson would not be the candidate in 1964. There was also talk of his prosecution.

The book Le dernier temoin (The Last Witness) includes the confessions of Billie Sol Estes, a financial millionaire who was sentenced in court after being investigated by Robert Kennedy, then Attorney General, and was closely linked to the Texan politician. Estes said that Johnson forced him to keep quiet about the dirty business he was doing for both of them.

"According to Madeleine Brown, a close friend of Johnson’s, on November 21, the Vice President accompanied her to a private soirée at the home of Clint Murchinson, a Dallas oil millionaire, where the Vice President made an enigmatic remark: "After tomorrow, those SOB’s will never embarrass me again." (2)

In his book, The Yankee and the Cowboy War, Oglesby reveals the presence at the party, in addition to Johnson and Nixon, of FBI director J. Edgar Hoover; Allen Dulles, former CIA director; oil tycoon Haroldson L. Hunt; John Connally, former governor of Texas; General Charles Cabell and his brother Earl, all of them John F. Kennedy haters.

On February 1, 1962, the president had replaced Cabell as deputy director of the CIA. On April 19, 1961, Cabell had tried to force Kennedy to authorize the use of fighter planes from an aircraft carrier stationed close to Cuba, an action that he stated could change the course of the Bay of Pigs in a matter of minutes. Pentagon chiefs, headed by Lemnitzer and Walker and those of the CIA, especially Dulles and Cabell virtually rebelled and continued trying to provoke direct military intervention in Cuba. For these reasons, the decision of General Cabell’s brother who, as mayor of Dallas, diverted the presidential convoy as it was traveling along Mayor Street toward the center of Dealey Plaza heading for Stemmons Highway, as planned, was highly suspicious. "On Mayor Street, continuing along the open boulevard, shots could not have reached him… at the last minute the President’s route was changed to make it pass where the warehouse is." (3) The change made by Cabell’s brother involved a 120-degree turn down Houston Street, which meant reducing the convoy’s speed to 15mph and heading for Elm Street, the location of the warehouse and a grassy hillock. This dramatic turn facilitated the work of Kennedy’s assassins lying in wait there.

Latell and Garvin must have formulated the question as to why the route was changed, particularly to George H. W. Bush, one of the few surviving suspects. The untiring labor of researchers has resulted in new discoveries implicating Nixon and Lyndon Johnson, John F. Kennedy’s replacement and the man with the most to gain, in the assassination plot

After the assassination of Robert Kennedy in 1968, Nixon was elected President and continued with his dirty tricks. On Nixon’s orders, a group of CIA agents and officers, disguised as plumbers, entered the Democratic National Committee headquarters in Washington’s Watergate office complex. It was initially thought that the objective was to seek out information damaging to George McGovern, the presidential candidate, but the matter was far more serious. On June 23, 1972, President Nixon tried to have the CIA block the investigation, in charge of FBI officers like Mark Felt, who recently turned out to be "Deep Throat," the secret informant of The Washington Post, which contributed to clarifying the facts.

In the early days of the scandal, Nixon‘s aide John Ehrlichman summoned to the White House Patrick Gray, the FBI director who replaced Edgar Hoover. He told him that six files written by Howard Hunt, a CIA officer involved in the Watergate break-in, and which were in the FBI’s possession, were political dynamite and should never see the light of day. Gray took the files to his house and burned them. John Dean, the President’s advisor, did the same with Hunt’s diary. However, tapes of conversations in the White House revealed Nixon’s anxiety over the detention of Hunt and the other operatives involved. He was trying to conceal the fact that the operation would expose his connection with Kennedy’s assassination and agreed that Hunt should be given one million dollars in hush money.

Fearing the possible consequences of the scandal, Nixon leaned on his chief of personnel, H.R. Haldeman, to put pressure on his CIA buddies George Bush, Richard Helms and Vernon Walters, explaining, "The problem is that it will blow the whole Bay of Pigs thing." (4) Nixon added that they had protected Helms many times and that Bush would do anything for the cause. (5)

The agitated response of Helms, who yelled that he had nothing to do with the Bay of Pigs, shocked Haldeman. The President’s right hand man acted as ordered, but the scandal had grown too large given the revelations of the White House tapes and he was obliged to tell Nixon that he could do nothing more.

In his subsequent book The Ends of Power, Haldeman confessed that Nixon always masked any reference to the Kennedy assassination by mentioning the Bay of Pigs. The tapes are full of these references. One of the "plumbers," Frank Sturgis, confessed five years later that the powerful motive for the Watergate break-in which so much concerned Nixon was "the photos of our role in the Kennedy assassination."(6) E. Howard Hunt, who led the Watergate break-in; James W. McCord Jr.; and Cubans Virgilio R. González, Bernard L. Barker and Eugenio Martínez – all of them CIA officers or agents – were also involved in some way in the Bay of Pigs invasion. And all of them, apart from McCord, were investigated in relation to the assassination.

In his memoirs, American Spy, Hunt stated that William Harvey, placed by the CIA at the head of Task Force W to direct conspiracies to assassinate Fidel, could have played a principal role in organizing the Kennedy assassination together with David Morales, a well-known CIA assassin,. In 2004, Hunt offered other revelations in a video to his son St. John, who had asked him to make the recording when his father was nearing death from cancer. Hunt said that Sturgis has invited him to a secret CIA meeting at which Morales was present, to discuss a big event, which he later found out was the conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy. Hunt cryptically admitted that he took part, but as a spare player, given that he had reservations.

Commenting on Latell’s book, El Nuevo Herald tried to exonerate the CIA, organized crime and other spurious interests from any part in the 1961 invasion, the 1962 Missile Crisis, and the assassination of Kennedy, events which were clearly linked.

Latell’s principal thesis is that of the lone gunman: Lee Harvey Oswald, linked to Cuba. This was precisely the initial evidence of an official conspiracy. The plot merits a different analysis.

(1) The Realist No.117, Summer 1991, P.7.

(2) William Reymond. JFK, Le dernier temoin. Editions Flammarion. Paris. 2003. Pp 259

(3) Jim Garrison. JFK, Tras la pista de los asesinos, Ediciones B S.A. Barcelona1992, P. 145

(4) Stanley I. Kutler (ed.) Abuse of Power, Simon and Schuster, New York. 1997), Pp. 67-69

(5) San Francisco Chronicle, May 7, 1977.

(6) Ibid.

edit add: how many online newspapers have on the front page headlined in english edition an article that goes into the assassination?

• 2 weeks later...

Part II

???

THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION: SOMEONE KNEW IN ADVANCE

A coup d’état

Gabriel Molina Franchossi

ATTEMPTS to implicate Cuba in the Kennedy assassination continue, but in fact it was the consummation of a coup d’état plotted by CIA military chiefs and other U.S. ultra-conservatives.

The assassination not only affected the United States, but to a surprising extent Cuba and the rest of the world. Close to 50 years after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the dramatic event is still present in the contemporary world, and the CIA is attempting to postpone for another 25 years the declassification of certain documents concerning the crime committed November 22, 1963. Part of this strategy of concealment is the book Castro’s Secrets, by Brian Latell, CIA officer for Latin America from 1990-94. After participating in CIA operations against Cuba since the 1960s, he is trying to mask the most scandalous conspiracy of the 20th century.

President Fidel Castro was possibly the first statesman to denounce the assassination as a conspiracy, speaking on Cuban television the following day. "We can state that there are elements within the United States who are defending ultra-reactionary politics in all fields, as much in terms of international politics as in national politics. And these are the elements which stand to benefit from the events that took place yesterday in the United States."

The Cuban leader read one of the first agency cables: "Dallas, November 22 (UPI).—Police agents today arrested Lee H. Oswald, identified as president of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, as the main suspect in the assassination of President Kennedy." Four days later, on November 27, Fidel analyzed the Oswald as lone gunman theory and his alleged pro-Castro sympathies, which nobody was questioning at that point. He quoted Hubert Hammerer, Olympic shooting champion, who stated that it was highly unlikely that anyone firing with a repeater carbine fitted with a telescopic sight could hit a target three times in the space of five seconds, when firing at a moving target at a distance of 180 meters, traveling at 15mph." On the basis of his own experiences in the Sierra Maestra, with weapons fitted with a telescopic sight like the one Oswald was said to have used, Fidel added, "Once you fire at the target it is lost – due to the effect of the shot – and you have to find it again quickly (…) with this kind of weapon it is really very difficult to fire three consecutive shots. But, above all, difficult to hit the target like that. Almost impossible." (1)

The Cuban President analyzed how the most reactionary circles were pushing Kennedy toward war by with heavy campaigns, bills and resolutions in Congress pushing the government, because of what they themselves described in 1961 as the Bay of Pigs debacle, to the point of taking the world to the verge of a nuclear war in the October Missile Crisis. Fidel, then Cuban Prime Minister, also spoke about Kennedy’s stand on civil rights, such as ending segregation and racial discrimination, and the policy of peaceful coexistence he was promoting with Khrushchev. These actions had unleashed unforeseen forces against President Kennedy and made Fidel think that his assassination was the work of certain elements in disagreement with the U.S. leader’s politics, particularly in relation to Cuba, which they considered not sufficiently aggressive, given that Kennedy was resisting direct military intervention.

Fidel observed that it was obvious, "If Oswald was the real killer, clearly those behind the assassination were carefully preparing their alibis. They sent this individual off to Mexico to ask for a visa to Cuba. Just imagine… that the President of the United States was assassinated by this individual after just returning from the Soviet Union via Cuba. It was the ideal alibi (…) to plant the suspicion in the heads of the U.S. public that it was a communist or an agent of Cuba and the Soviet Union, as they would say." (2)

In 1978 it was demonstrated that Fidel was correct. The U.S. Congress Select Committee investigating the assassination concluded, "The committee considered the possibility that an imposter visited the Soviet Embassy or Cuban consulate during one or more of the contacts in which Oswald was identified by the CIA in October of 1963." (3) The Committee report came to the conclusion that it had nothing to do with Oswald, while Oswald was small and slight, "The subject of the photograph was described as approximately 35 years old, 6 feet tall, with an athletic build, a balding top, and receding hairline." (4)

Suspicions were aroused in part when the FBI showed Oswald’s mother the alleged photo of her son. She said that it wasn’t a photo of Lee, but of Jack Ruby, the man who killed him. In fact there was no resemblance, the Committee report added, the man in the photo was neither Oswald nor Ruby. The FBI agreed. In a memo to the Secret Service it recorded, "These special (FBI) agents are of the opinion that the individual of reference in the photo is not Lee Harvey Oswald."

Fidel had every reason to be alarmed by the insinuations and accusations, a typical CIA strategy. Even now, Latell is trying to banish suspicions about those really responsible for the crime, attempting to revive CIA lies implicating Cuba. He denies that there was any conspiracy on the part of those defending ultra-reactionary politics. The lone gunman theory is not only wielded in the case of Oswald in 1963, but also in relation to Sirhan H. Sirhan, the alleged killer of Robert Kennedy in 1968, at the very moment when the latter was elected to run against Richard Nixon, already a suspect in the Kennedy assassination. The truth has been slowly disclosed since then. The most recent details came to light in 2005, through the book by journalist David Talbot, Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years, with its sensational revelation that Robert was probably assassinated after he stated that, if he were elected President, which he was close to achieving, he would reopen the case.

Latell takes refuge in the discredited lone gunman theory of the Warren Commission, set up by Lyndon Johnson to investigate the assassination, when he succeeded Kennedy as President. One of the most recent and convincing refutations of this theory is a note sent by Oswald to Howard Hunt, also suspected of taking part in the assassination and the famous organizer of the Watergate break-in. Sent November 8, 1963, 14 days before the Kennedy assassination, it reads, "Dear Mr. Hunt: I would like information concerning my position. I am asking only for information. I am suggesting that we discuss the matter fully before any steps are taken by me or anyone else. Thank you. Lee Harvey Oswald". (5)

Researcher Paul Kangas explains that Oswald’s note was obtained by writer and journalist Jack Anderson in New Orleans, where the "lone gunman" was living with Clay Shaw and Cubans Félix Rodríguez, Bernard Barker and Frank Sturgis, also investigated by the House Select Committee and New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison. Anderson affirms on video that Hunt and Shaw asked Oswald to meet with them to plan the position he would take up in Dallas for the attack. When he received no answer from Hunt, Oswald told James Hosty, his FBI agent, that Hunt and a bunch of Cubans from the Miami CIA office were plotting to kill Kennedy in Dallas, on November 22, 1963. According to Kangas, Hosty sent a telex to FBI Director Hoover informing him about the assassination attempt and he passed it on to all Special Agents in Charge.

Judge Garrison states that Waggoner Carr, Attorney General of Texas, presented evidence in a secret session of the Warren Commission on January 22, 1964, revealing that Oswald was FBI secret informant No. 179 and had received a salary of $200 a month from the Bureau starting 1962. The evidence was given to Carr by Allan Sweat, head of the criminal division of the Dallas sheriff’s office and published by the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Houston Post, and The Nation, but the Warren Commission did not call Sweat or the journalists who wrote the articles. Garrison admits that if Oswald was an FBI informant in Dallas and New Orleans, one could believe that his work consisted of penetrating organizations like Fair Play for Cuba and Guy Bannister’s group involved in the conspiracy to kill the President. "The question which tormented me and maybe tormented Oswald was: if the Dallas police, the sheriff’s office, the Secret Service, the FBI and the CIA were potentially implicated in the conspiracy, who were the authorities behind it all?" (6)

When Robert Blakey, chief counsel of the House Select Committee, discovered to his rage in 1990 that the recently deceased George Joannides (a CIA officer assigned by the agency to inform him about the Kennedy assassination) had concealed from him that he (Joannides) had worked closely with Oswald and the Directorio Revolucionario Estudiantil terrorist group in New Orleans, he called it an obstruction of justice. Now, he no longer believes anything the CIA told the Committee.

It is no surprise that the Warren Commission evaded discovering the truth; it was no coincidence that that it was headed by Congressman Ed Ford, one of Nixon’s men, Nixon also being a suspect. Allen Dulles, the omnipotent CIA director, manipulated the members appointed by Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded to the presidency after Kennedy’s death, thanks to the effective coup d’état which was the assassination of the Kennedy brothers.

(1) Revolución newspaper, November 28, 1963.

(2) Ibidem.

(3) The Final Report of the U.S. House Select Committee on Assassinations, Bantam Books, New York. 1979, P.320

(4) Ibidem.

(5) Granma, April 13, 2012, P. 9.

(6) Jim Garrison. JFK: Tras la pista de los asesinos, Ediciones B. Barcelona, 1988, Pp. 296-301.

Part of the evidence is a November 23, 1963 memo from FBI director Edgar Hoover, revealing that George Bush Sr., as a CIA officer, reported on Cuban exiles’ reaction to Kennedy’s death. Bush alleged that this was another agent of the same name, but left the impression that the FBI knew what he was saying.

That's not what the memo said of course the info about the exiles was passed TO a "George Bush" at the CIA and an officer of the DIA. The other Bush denied he was the person refereed to but acknowledged being a watch officer on the night in question.

Fletcher Prouty, a former CIA link official, stated that Bush – by then a high-ranking officer with the agency although he also denied that fact – was responsible for organizing the Bay of Pigs invasion, involving the recruitment of Cubans later suspected by the U.S. Congressional Committee investigating the assassination of being linked to John F. Kennedy’s death.

How credible is Prouty re: the BOP? He did not even know the name Operation Zapata came from the landing site.

"According to Madeleine Brown, a close friend of Johnson’s, on November 21, the Vice President accompanied her to a private soirée at the home of Clint Murchinson, a Dallas oil millionaire, where the Vice President made an enigmatic remark: "After tomorrow, those SOB’s will never embarrass me again." (2)

Brown of course has her credibility issues as well.

I can buy LBJ being involved but the evidence against Bush is pretty weak, which not to say he wasn't a sleazy weasel and his son even worse

Brown of course has her credibility issues as well.

The Forum's biggest Brown supporter believes that Brown's account of her meeting with then President Johnson at the Driskill Hotel is the "number one evidence of conspiracy."

Paradoxically, he has been forced to concede that Madeleine Brown made up her story about the Murchison Party and LBJ.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Interesting. Fidel Castro's letter to President Franklin Roosevelt, dated 11/6/90. He is happy about FDR's win and he asks for a $10 bill. Castro in the letter says he was age 12, but I think he was really age 14 at the time of the letter of November, 1940 just post FDR re-election.

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/09/my-good-friend-roosvelt.html

Transcript

Santiago de Cuba

Nov 6 1940

Mr Franklin Roosvelt, President of the United States.

My good friend Roosvelt I don't know very English, but I know as much as write to you. I like to hear the radio, and I am very happy, because I heard in it, that you will be President for a new (periodo). I am twelve years old. I am a boy but I think very much but I do not think that I am writing to the President of the United States. If you like, give me a ten dollars bill green american, in the letter, because never, I have not seen a ten dollars bill green american and I would like to have one of them.

My address is:

Sr Fidel Castro

Colegio de Dolores

Santiago de Cuba

Oriente Cuba

I don't know very English but I know very much Spanish and I suppose you don't know very Spanish but you know very English because you are American but I am not American.

(Thank you very much)

Good by. Your friend,

(Signed)

Fidel Castro

If you want iron to make your sheaps ships I will show to you the bigest (minas) of iron of the land. They are in Mayari Oriente Cuba.