The Education Forum

Robert Kennedy assassination film color (another man shot as well)

[ASSASSINATION OF ROBERT F. KENNEDY, LOS ANGELES, CA.]

ARC Identifier 13231 / Local Identifier 87.18

Item from Record Group 87: Records of the U.S. Secret Service, 1863 - 1999

http://media.nara.gov/mopix/087/87-18.wmv

In this assassination footage we see Robert Kennedy mortally wounded lying on the floor.

Then the camera pans away and we see another man sitting on the floor in the corner covered in blood.

The man has obviously been shot as well in the scuffle.

Who is this ?

manshot.jpg

modify_inline.gif

From his age and nature of the wound, I would say it is ABC Newsman, William Weisel.

CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE

Five people were shot with Bobby that night. Their names are forgotten, but at the time they were major figures. One of them, Ira Goldstein, 19, was a trainee radio reporter who had just shaken hands with Kennedy when he was shot in the hip. For six months afterwards he said Secret Service agents shadowed him. The stories of the other victims are below:

1. William Weisel, 30, of ABC News was shot in the abdomen. He returned to his job on the White House bureau, but said people would whisper in corners, "You see that guy? He took the second bullet." Weisel met briefly with Sirhan's family; the gunman's mother, Mary, wanted to apologise. He moved out of politics to open a b&b.

2. Democrat activist Elizabeth Evans, 43, was grazed on the forehead by a bullet as she bent to retrieve a shoe she'd lost in the crowd. She had supported Kennedy's opponent, but went to the Ambassador that night because she loved a party.

3. Volunteer Irwin Stroll, 17, was shot in his left leg. His parents saw him on television, stumbling out of the Ambassador' s kitchen,his trouser leg stained with blood. He later became a successful interior designer. He died in 1995.

4. Paul Schrade, a friend of Kennedy and director of the United Auto Workers union, survived being shot in the head. "I started shaking violently. I thought I must have been electrocuted. It felt just like that - an electric shock." He campaigned on behalf of the Kennedy family for a school on the site of the Ambassador.

source:

http://www.independe...hot-432970.html