The Education Forum

Did the C.I.A. "Sheep Dip" and Orchestrate the Tale of the Patsy, Lee Harvey Oswald?

Guest Tom Scully

Guest Tom Scully

My reply over at the Political Conspiracies forum:

George Patton assassinated by the OSS?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13855&pid=253687&st=0entry253687

Should interest Len, since he posted this there, several years ago.

"For diverse political reasons, many extremely high-ranking persons hated Patton. I know who killed him. Because I am the one who was

hired to do it. Ten thousand dollars. General William Donovan himself,

director of the O.S.S, entrusted me with the mission. I set up the

accident. Since he didn't die in the accident, he was kept in

isolation in the hospital, where he was killed with an injection." --

Douglas Bazata (O.S.S. spy)

That man was Daniel Bazata, Wilcox's main source. According to a Spanish Holocaust revisionist he said the following at the Washington Hilton Sept 25, 1979:

"For divers political reasons, many extremely high-ranking persons hated Patton. I know who killed him. Because I am the one who was hired to do it. Ten thousand dollars. General William Donovan himself, director of the O.S.S, entrusted me with the mission. I set up the accident. Since he didn't die in the accident, he was kept in isolation in the hospital, where he was killed with an injection".

http://www.savethema...he cold war.pdf

You should really pay better attention.

One problem with Bazata's claim is that Donovan had been out of the picture for a few moth when the crash took place and none of the people in either car not even Paton himself said said there was anything amiss.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Scully

Len, what I've found is that a man named F. Skiddy von Stade, Jr. has a startling number of coincidental connections.

http://educationforu...68

In his biography, GHW Bush describes F. von Stade, uncle of opera singer Frederica von Stade as an old friend, writing to Bush during F. von Stade's 14 day holiday at Aiken, SC.

F. von Stade aka F. Skiddy von Stade, Jr., is as Cass Canfield and George McMillan, a man from Aiken, SC.

He graduated from Harvard in 1938 and was assistant dean, and later dean of freshman, during a 38 years long Harvard career.

von Stade knew George L. Keenan and his wife, Joan, from the 1950's to the 1970's.

von Stade served on a Locust Valley, LI equestrian committee in 1958 with James A. Thomas, Jr.

We can assume von Stade was acquainted with Stuart H. Johnson.

von Stade's late brother Charles's wife was a secretary at CIA and the mother of opera singer, Frederica von Stade.

She was also the first cousin of Charles Clucas, married in 1954 to Phyliss DeMohrenschildt, daughter of a CIA executive and a CIA employee, herself. Charles Clucas was divorced from Phyllis in 1959 and then married Celia de Gersdorff, daughter of Washington Post's Ben Bradlee's mother's uncle.

I posted the following today, in the "Was George Patton Assassinated by the O.S.S. ?" thread in the Political Conspiracies forum:

From my last post, in the George DeMohrensshildt thread,

http://educationforu...=60#entry253668

A wierder turn is discovered. F. Skiddy von Stade, Jr.'s sister-in-law remarried less than two years after the death of Skiddy's brother, Charles. First, let's recap :

I think I've discovered how Sara Clucas von Stade got her job as a secretary at the CIA:

MRS. SARA VON STADE BRIDE OF HW FULLER

New York Times - Dec 7, 1946

Mrs. Sara Worthington Clucas von Stade, widow of Lieut, Charles Steel von Stade, AUS, and daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Welch Clucas of Whiteoakes, ..

PriscillaJohnsonSaraClucasvonStadeHoraceWfullerWedDecember7_1946NYtimes.jpg

(quote)http://www.ibiblio.o...SMC-OSS-10.html

Chapter X

"First Jed to Kill a Boche . . ."

S
USSEX
, a plan to infiltrate 50 two-man teams into France was plagued with problems from the outset. Not only were the British resentful of OSS's new role, but U.S. Army G-2 did its level best to ensure that recruitment of S
USSEX
personnel would be hamstrung. Donovan himself eventually became directly involved in the intra-American squabble.....

.......For their work in France, Fuller and de la Roche were awarded the Silver Star and Crois de Guerre. Fuller was also mentioned in despatches by SOE and mae a Knight of the Legion of Honor by France. He finished the war with a Chinese commando battalion having been promoted to lieutenant Colonel while in the Pyrenees. Demobilized in December 1945, he worked for a succession of airlines both in the United States and abroad. Fuller was later promoted to Colonel in the Marine Corps Reserve and retired as a Brigadier General in 1957. He died in 1971.

--146--
(/quote)

www.osssociety.org/pdfs/oss_fall_04.pdf (page 15)

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat -

I AM WRITING A PAPER on the Danish Jedburgh Mis-

sion in 1945, and would appreciate any information on

Major Riis OSS and Major Verschoor OSS who

were mentioned in the SOE files on the mission.

Original Milton Hall-trained Jeds who were involved

were LTC Hod Fuller USMC, Capt Doug Bazata,

and Capt Bill Pietsch. The files also mention OSS

W/T operators, but cannot identify them by name;

possibly Poitras, Larosse, and Litallan. Only one

team was deployed under the British Lt. Col. An-

drew Croft and this was to observe the German

surrender. Training of the Danish Jeds was carried out

at Hatherop Castle STS 45 near Fairford in

Gloucestershire. Steven Kippax -

stevenkippax@.......

www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/oss/chap8.pdf

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat -

November 1944, “Accomplishments of OSS, 15654, copy in
CIA
Records
invaded along the Riviera,
Fuller's
team led an uprising of 5000 maquis, ambushing
Captain Douglas (“Doug”) DeWitt
Bazata
, head of Team Cedric in eastern

Douglas DeWitt Bazata, Artist And O.S.S. Officer, Dies at 88

By ERIC PACE

Published: August 22, 1999

Douglas DeWitt Bazata, who served with the United States Office of Strategic Services behind enemy lines in France in World War II and later became an artist, died on July 14 in his home in Chevy Chase, Md. He was 88.

The death of Mr. Bazata was belatedly reported to The New York Times.

He was described as ''a red-haired soldier of fortune who called all colonels 'Sugar' '' in a 1978 book, ''Honorable Men,'' by William E. Colby, a former Director of Central Intelligence, and Peter Forbath.

Mr. Bazata had already served in the Marines and was a skilled boxer and marksman when he became an Army officer in 1942 and also joined the O.S.S., the forerunner of the Central Intelligence Agency.

He went on to be one of a daring group of about 50 American parachute officers who volunteered for what Mr. Colby described as ''a highly hazardous mission'' in Nazi-occupied France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Other members of the group included Stewart Alsop, later a noted journalist, and Mr. Colby....

(Page 2 of 2)

The Maquis, along with Captain Bazata and Emile, harried the German troops and, it is said, drew attention away from a sector of France's strategically important Mediterranean coast.

Mr. Bazata, a major by the time he left the Army in 1947, was recalled admiringly by Emile in a volume of memoirs, ''Maquis,'' which came out in 1947. Emile, whose real name was George Millar, wrote that ''walking with the tempestuous Bazata toward the German lines was like riding a horse with a mouth of iron.'' Once Emile and Captain Bazata escaped the attention of nearby Germans by pretending to be innocent Frenchmen gathering mushrooms....

(quote name='Brian O Connor' post='173189' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:45 AM') I see that the discussion has moved on and maybe my original post would have been better placed elsewhere, but here is a little more info on Mr Douglas Bazata who claimed to have made a failed assassination attempt on Gen Patton.

His description of the device that he maintains to have used in the attempt was that it worked on a spring and compressed air mechanism and could fire almost anything, even a tea cup. They found that the best projectile was a small cube shaped missile. I mention it to show that 18 years before Dallas a weapon of this type may have been available.

"Bazata's confident claims that a special weapon made in Czechoslovakia was used to strike Patton in the head. The weapon was designed to propel seemingly innocuous objects like metal or rocks at terrific force. This weapon, fired at about 10 yards away, allegedly caused the severe head wound and broke Patton's neck."

Douglas Bazata from http://www.associate...g4.html?cat=37:

Len, consider that F. Skiddy von Stade, Jr. was described as the Harvard administrator students were most familiar with.

(quote)http://www.thecrimso...e-pbybou-might/

Dean of Freshmen, Harvard College

By Peter Shapiro,

Published: Friday, September 01, 1972

YOU might see him walking through the Yard in a gray three-piece suit his back stiffly erect from a polo injury three years ago. His name is Francis Skiddy von Stade Jr., and for most of the Class of '76, he is the most direct link with the overlapping jurisdictions and tangled paths of command that make up the Harvard Administration.

As dean of Freshmen, he will serve in loco parentis for the 1000 first-year men and 200 first year women residing in the dormitories in and around the Yard. He is the Harvard administrator extraordinaire, having sat in a University office since 1940, when he was chosen as an assistant dean. "With the exception of three and a half years during the War. I've been in University Hall ever since," von Stade noted last week, looking out an ivied window of Harvard's main administration building......

(/quote)

Skiddy had the pick of the litter, so to speak, if he was brining students such as George L. Keenan to the attention of CIA recruiters. Radcliffe was the female student, sister school of Harvard, so Skiddy could also have known Priscilla Johnson.

The only place George E. McMillan resided long term in, after 1946, aside from in SC, was in Skiddy's stomping ground during his 38 year career, Cambridge, MA :

GEORGE E. MCMILLAN, 74; AUTHOR AND PROLIFIC FREE-LANCE …

Boston Globe - Sep 4, 1987

George E. McMillan, 74, of St. Helena Island, SC, formerly of Cambridge, ... In 1946, he moved to Aiken, SC, and became a free-lance writer covering the civil ... In 1963, Mr. McMillan was hired by NBC television as a special investigator for a

Mr. McMillan was the recipientof a Guggenheim Fellowship in 1950, a 1963 Lasker Fellow at Brandeis University, a Fellow of the MacDowell Colony, Peterborough, N.H., in 1965 and a Rockefeller Foundation Fellow at Lake Como, Italy, in 1977.

While in Cambridge, he was a student at the Boston Psychoanalytic Institute, at the Harvard Extension and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was a member of the Cambridge Tennis Club and of the Badminton and Tennis Club of Boston.

When he wrote this article in 1950, George McMillan described Aiken, SC as a town of 6,000 residents.: (footnote is on pg. 40)

86 George McMillan, “H-bomb invades aristocratic lair,” Washington Post, December 3, 1950, B3.

,pdf file of McMillan's 1950 article on Aiken and its history:

http://moviereview.n...onPostAiken.pdf

.pdf file of Skiddy's father's 1967 Obituary

http://moviereview.n...1967NYtimes.pdf

In 1960, george McMillan wrote a history of Aiken, SC for the chamber of commerce :

Aiken - George McMillan - Google Books

books.google.co.uk/books/about/Aiken.html?id=pVETAAAAYAAJAiken. Front Cover. George McMillan · 0 Reviewshttp://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Aiken.html?id=pVETAAAAYAAJ. Braddy's, 1960 - 14 pages ...

MRS. FG GRISWOLD, SOCIAL LEADER HERE; Long a Member of ...

New York Times - Sep 30, 1937

Mrs. Josephine Houghteling Griswold of 783 Park Avenue, widow of Frank Gray Griswold and mother of Cass Canfield, president of Harper ... Bar Harbor and Aiken, SC, and at their principal country seat, in Roslyn, LI With Mrs. John Jacob ...

George McMillan and Cass Canfield both served in the Office of War Information (domestic propaganda)

(quote)https://www.google.c...biw=960&bih=626

Short Cab Ride in India Began Her Odyssey; A Short Ride...

New York Times - Apr 22, 1967

It was a fortunate call, Mr. Canfield was leaving the next day for an extended absence from the country. There was no question about Harper Row's interest. ...

Memoirs Sold --She Tells of Faith in...‎ New York Times

TRANSLATOR MET WRITER IN SOVIET; Mrs. MacMillan Attended a...

New York Times - Apr 23, 1967

... Moscow as a translator in February, 1956, when she noticed an announcement on a bulletin board ... George, who is a freelance writer, said that while .

(/quote)

Edited by Tom Scully

Tom

Your problem with Johnson is that you do not like what she said about LHO. Can you can explain in say 200 words or less why she was not credible?

Len, I'd like to try my hand at answering this. I spoke with Ms. Johnson about three years ago, and she claimed that she believes that she adequately covered every hour of every day of Oswald's activities in New Orleans.

Impossible, I replied, because her only source was Marina Oswald, and Marina was mostly unaware of Lee Oswald's daily activities! For example, Lee Oswald lost his job at Reily's Coffee Company on July 19, 1963, but Marina believed he still had the job in late August!

Lee Oswald kept Marina in the dark -- he was gaslighting her. Lee Oswald still got up early in the morning and left home as if he was going to work from July 20th through August 20th, and Marina simply presumed he was at work.

Yet during this month of 'free time' Oswald interacted deeply with Carlos Bringuier on Canal Street, when the two were arrested for a phony fight, was interviewed by John Quigley of the FBI at LHO's request, interacted with Bill Stuckey and his radio station WDSU and appeared on the program Latin Listening Post, then, as set up by Ed Butler and DRE, debated Bringuier on both radio and a live TV program, Conversation Carte Blanche. He tried to set up a fake FPCC organization in NOLA, and generally made a full-time job of getting sheep-dipped.

Still, Lee Oswald would come home every evening -- so Marina held her illusion that he was at work. Priscilla Johnson simply took Marina's word for it.

Actually, Ms. Johnson had no reply to my argument.

Also, I told her, she presumed that the reason Lee Oswald rented a Post Office Box within every town he lived was only so he could receive Communist newspapers without alarming his landlords. What a weak argument, I said, because Oswald was outspoken with his cover -- he openly distributed FPCC leaflets in public places.

Actually, FBI and CIA agents regularly rent Post Office Boxes because they receive secret money and secret orders there.

The trouble with Johnson's account, in my opinion, was that she seemed to truly believe she was a thorough investigator, when actually there were gaping holes in her histories.

One thing is for certain -- the conservatives who wanted to support the Warren Commission truly loved her book, "Marina and Lee", and she sold a lot of copies of that book because of the high praise the conservatives spread for her.

Yet in my opinion, the majority of ideas she wrote about in her book were taken from Marina's Warren Commission testimony, and then simply confirmed with Marina over the years. We get nothing substantially new or different from "Marina and Lee" than we already had with the Warren Report.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul

Since he indicated LHO had been “sheep dipped” I’m guessing Tom’s problem is more with her interview article from when he was in the USSR rather than the book. From what you've told me you think she was naive rather than some sort of disinfo agent.

Paul

Since he indicated LHO had been “sheep dipped” I’m guessing Tom’s problem is more with her interview article from when he was in the USSR rather than the book. From what you've told me you think she was naive rather than some sort of disinfo agent.

Len, my impressions of Ms. Johnson were that of a writer who knew what the market wanted to hear. She was bright enough for some tasks, but she didn't strike me as qualified for as much burden as many people seem to think. Like Oswald, she spoke some Russian, and in the days of the Cold War, that talent could open quite a few doors in US intelligence circles. So, she was hired to interview Oswald in the USSR -- but was that an earth-shaking event?

Ms. Johnson's claim to fame is her interview of Marina's story. It conforms to the Warren Report, and it is written from the woman's viewpoint. This was destined for popularity in the market.

Furthermore, her book, Marina and Lee, showed that Marina was faithful to her Warren Commission testimony in the decades after 1963. Actually, I found little difference between Marina's Warren Report testimony and Marina and Lee, except that the latter is easier and more entertaining to read.

So, besides her conservative politics, I don't perceive that Ms. Johnson had any major role in CIA operations. She was a talented writer. She didn't make waves. It was a simple story.

Again -- I don't even see the CIA taking an active role in the sheep-dip of Lee Harvey Oswad -- I perceive that this task was left to the local players in New Orleans (and named by Jim Garrison) as requested by the mastermind, General Edwin Walker (whom Jim Garrison completely missed).

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Scully

There is still much we don't know. Do you mind if I keep looking, and sharing what I find?

http://articles.lati.../local/me-18957

Charles Whitehouse; Decorated Pilot, CIA Official and Envoy

July 05, 2001|From The Washington Post

....Whitehouse was born in Paris, the son of a career diplomat, and raised in Europe and South America. He served in the Navyand then in the Marine Corps. He was decorated with 21 Air Medals and seven Distinguished Flying Crosses.

He graduated from Yale University before coming to Washington and joining the CIA. He was posted to Congo, Turkey, Cambodia and Belgium before transferring to the State Department as a Foreign Service officer. He was then posted to South Africa.

Whitehouse returned to Washington in the 1960s and graduated from the National War College in 1966. He was posted to Guinea before being assigned in 1969 to South Vietnam as the diplomat in charge of the pacification program for the country's central region. Whitehouse directed aid and military activity against Communist forces.

He returned to Washington in 1971, serving as acting assistant secretary of State for East Asian affairs. He went back to

Vietnam in 1972 to become deputy ambassador to Ellsworth Bunker.

When Bunker left in 1973, Whitehouse became ambassador to Laos and served there until becoming ambassador to Thailand in 1975. In that nation, he faced new difficulties, having to allay concerns over massive Cambodian and Laotian refugee camps

and internal opposition to the U.S. military and intelligence presence in Thailand.

He returned to the United States and served in 1982 and 1983 as president of the American Foreign Service Assn. In 1988, he was appointed the first assistant secretary of Defense for special operations and low-density conflict, a post he held until 1989.

In 1993, the retired Whitehouse focused his attention on Disney's plans to develop 3,000 acres in Haymarket, Va. The development had the support of then-Virginia Gov. George Allen, legislators, Prince William County politicians and most of the Washington-area business establishment.....

http://www.nytimes.c...tchen-dies.html

Alan Davidson, 79, an Envoy Who Loved the Kitchen, Dies

By WILLIAM GRIMES

Published: December 05, 2003

Alan Davidson, a diplomat whose passion for food and its history led him to write indispensable works on seafood and to edit the comprehensive Oxford Companion to Food, died on Tuesday in London. He was 79.....

....Alan Eaton Davidson, the son of a Scottish tax inspector, was born in Londonderry, Northern Ireland. His studies in the classics at Queen's College, Oxford, were interrupted in 1943 by service in the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve, which he left as a lietuenant in 1946 after seeing action in the Pacific, North Atlantic and Mediterranean.

In 1948 he joined the Foreign Office, serving in Washington, The Hague, Cairo and Tunis. While in Washington, he married Jane Macatee, an American. She and the couple's three daughters -- Caroline, Jennifer and Pamela -- survive him.

From 1968 to 1971, Mr. Davidson served in Brussels as head of chancery of the British delegation to NATO. After two years as Britain's ambassador to Laos, he retired from the foreign service in 1975 to devote himself full time to food writing......

JANE MACATEE A FIANCEE; Will Be Wed to Alan Davidson of ...

New York Times - Jul 3, 1951

Robert Berry Macatee have announced the engagement of their daughter, Jane, to Alan Davidson, son of Mr, and Mrs. William John Davidson of New Maiden, ....

There is no google search result for this wedding announcement article, perhaps because it displays bridesmaid Priscilla Johnson of Locust Valley ?

PriscillaJohnsonMacateeWedding_1951NYtimes.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Scully

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=51781&relPageId=4

aarc-cia109-02_0039_0004.jpg

State Department Policy Analyst Eliza Van Hollen

Monday, February 26, 2007

Edith Eliza Van Hollen, 79, who was recognized as one of the top U.S. government foreign policy and intelligence analysts on Afghanistan and South Asia, died of cancer Feb. 21 at George Washington University Hospital.

Mrs. Van Hollen, a resident of Washington and a native of New York City, also was the wife of a former U.S. ambassador and the mother of a U.S. congressman.

After graduating from Vassar College in 1949 with a major in Russian, Edith Eliza Farnsworth worked at the Central Intelligence Agency. She left to earn a master's degree through Harvard University's Russian studies program. She received it in 1953 and married Christopher Van Hollen of Baltimore, a Foreign Service officer.

For 25 years, she served with her husband in countries around the world, including India, Pakistan, Turkey and Sri Lanka, where he was U.S. ambassador. At every post, she immersed herself in local history and culture and engaged in volunteer efforts. An accomplished linguist, she learned to speak French, Russian, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, Turkish and Sinhala.

In 1978, Mrs. Van Hollen became the chief analyst for Afghanistan in the Bureau of Intelligence and Research at the State Department. With her background in Soviet affairs and knowledge of South Asia, she became an important asset to the department when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. ....

....Mrs. Van Hollen also served as the senior intelligence analyst for Pakistan and India, and in 1989 she became chief of the South Asia division of the intelligence and research bureau. She frequently testified before the Senate and House committees that had jurisdiction over intelligence and foreign policy issues.

In 1992, her work was recognized by the intelligence community when she received the National Medal of Achievement from the Director of Central Intelligence . She also received two Superior Honor awards, two Meritorious Honor awards and the Analyst of the Year award, among others.

She retired from State in 1994 but maintained her interest in foreign affairs with the McLean Foreign Policy Group. With her husband, she also became involved in son Chris Van Hollen's successful campaigns for the Maryland Senate in 1994 and the U.S. House of Representatives in 2002, playing a key role in the grass-roots door-to-door efforts for the Democrat.....

Pants on fire?

[New York Times, 28 Jun 1953: “Concord, Mass., June 27—Miss Edith Eliza Farnsworth, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Winslow Farnsworth of Middlesex School here, was married this afternoon in the school chapel to Christopher Van Hollen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Beauchamp Van Hollen of Baltimore and Beaulieu-Sur-Mer, France

Mrs. Thomas G, Cleveland of Alexandria, Va., was matron of honor. The other attendants were Miss Cecilia C. Van Hollen of Washington, D.C., and Mrs. Van Hollen Kelly of Baltimore, sisters of the bridegroom; Miss Margaret L. Boomer of New York, Mrs. Robert D. Hartshorne of Cambridge, Mrs. Micahel W. Huber of Tampa, Fla.; Miss Priscilla M. Johnson of Locust Valley, L.I., and Mrs. Charles P. Orr of Pittsburgh....

http://www.realhisto...jfk/pmcmil1.htm

HSCA Testimony

From Priscilla Johnson McMillan's HSCA testimony - p. 1-31:

Mr. Goldsmith: At that time,
were you contacted by anyone whom you knew to be affiliated with the CIA for the purpose of giving the CIA information?

Ms. McMillan: I do not recall any such contact being made.

Mr. Goldsmith: Was any such contact made after you returned from your second visit to the Soviet Union?

Ms. McMillan: No, no such contact was made, that I know of.

Mr. Goldsmith: What about after your third trip?

M. McMillan:
Yes. After my third trip.

Mr. Goldsmith: When, specifically, did you return from

[At this point 9 pages in a row are missing, with a sheet saying "Access Restricted" - Authority CIA (said HSCA but that was crossed out and "CIA" substituted.) Info withheld becuase of not Security-Classified Information, but "Otherwise Restricted Information" is checked (those were the only two options.) Her testimony has over 40 still classified

pages. But it's clear she met with the CIA.]

p. 1-45:

Mr. Goldsmith: When was the first time that you saw it?

Ms. McMillan. When I read my file of documents from the CIA which reached me on February 1st, 1978.

Mr. Goldsmith. This, then, is a copy of a letter that was in your file that you received from the CIA, is that correct?

Ms. McMillan. Yes, Mr. Goldsmith.

Mr. Goldsmith. Do you recall having written this letter?

Ms. McMillan. No, but now that I see it, I think that I wrote it.

[This woman recalls next to nothing in this whole 100+ page interview. She says "I do not recall" more times than Oliver North!! Funny how she can recall everything Marina told her though - right? She was also one of the few to testify before the HSCA with her lawyer at her side, interfering now and then throughout.]

http://mcadams.posc....arrb/index4.htm

Testimony of Priscilla McMillan

Hearing of 3/24/95 -- Boston, Massachusetts

Our next witness this morning is Priscilla Johnson McMillan, history professor at the Harvard Russian Research Center, and she is the author of Marina and Lee, which was published in 1977. ..

DR. JOYCE: Ms. McMillan, there have been several statements to the effect that you might have had a connection to the Central Intelligence Agency.

I was wondering if you could elucidate the nature of them and whether you might have had any conversations with the CIA concerning Oswald in connection with the Soviet Union or Cuba.

MS. McMILLAN: Thank you for asking, Mr. Joyce.

My government service was 30 days as a translator in Moscow in the winter of -- early 1956, when I was a translator for the Joint Press Reading Service -- American, British, Canadian -- I think there was a fourth country.

It was an English-language translating service, and my boss there asked for my continued employment but was refused, because I did not have a security clearance from the U.S. Government.

My conversations with CIA officials about Oswald came only following the assassination. I think it was the FBI who came to see me over the weekend of November 22nd-23rd. I'm not sure if I ever did talk to CIA people about Oswald after the assassination. I talked to State Department, Warren Commission.

I did have a conversation once in Grand Central Station with a CIA official, and until recently, I couldn't remember why I had that conversation, but I think I do remember now that it was in 1959, before I was returning to the Soviet Union after covering Khrushchev's visit to President Eisenhower in the fall of '59.

I had been under a good deal of pressure from the KGB to be an informer when I was a reporter, and I was frightened in going back, and I thought somebody -- the American ambassador was aware of my difficulties, but I was afraid that something could happen to me, and I wanted someone on the outside to know, and that was the fall of '59.

His name was Gary Coite, and I believe I was asked about that by the House Assassinations Subcommittee, but I am not sure whether I remembered at that time why I spoke with him, and then, in the autumn of '62, Mr. Donald Jamenson, who I thought was named Mr. James McDonald, came to see me in Cambridge, and I spoke to him about my observations on a visit I had just made for The Reporter magazine about the intellectual atmosphere.

I was writing about the de-Stalinization and Soviet painters and writers, and my notes had been confiscated when I left Leningrad airport, 18 notebooks, and President Kennedy had helped me with that matter. That is, Carl Kazen -- he had had Kazen speak to me.

And so, I felt that I should speak to Mr. Jamenson, and I did not -- my effort then -- I assumed that anything one intelligence service knew, the other intelligence service knew and that their files were inter-penetrated --and of course, my concern was for my Soviet friends.

So, I didn't name names except of, I think, Yveta Chenko, people who were so well-known in the west that I couldn't hurt them, but otherwise I gave him the mood-- I don't think I mentioned names of anyone I thought could be hurt.

And those were the extent of my witting contacts with the -- I, of course, knew people in the American embassy, the British embassy, the French embassy, and the Israeli embassy, but I only saw them -- contacts about things I was particularly interested in, like the British had someone who knew a lot about the parasite laws passed by Khrushchev in 1959, but the Israelis knew a lot about intellectual circles and so did the French, more than the Americans did, and the Americans I would go to for agriculture and economy.

But if I thought somebody was in the intelligence of either side, I avoided them. It was just a demimonde-- and I avoided them, but of course, I would have talked to people that I didn't know, and in that situation, the only thing that saved you and made you able to write and have any spontaneity in your life is to be a somewhat open person, and so, I tried to be like that, but of course, you don't know everything you're dealing with, and it was a rapidly-changing situation.

DR. MARWELL: Ms. McMillan, you mentioned in your written statement that you submitted to the board that you thought it would be wise for us to seek out records of the U.S. Communist Party concerning Oswald and also the records of John Abt.

Do you have any leads for us about where we might find these records?

MS. McMILLAN: I wish I did. No. But I thought that Oswald's choice of Abt for a lawyer was very telling, and I assume the Communist Party was very upset and that Abt purposely disappeared because it would be embarrassing to the party, but your guess is just as good as mine.

But I was very glad that the previous speaker spoke about Oswald's prison interrogation, because again, the various notes have been made---are remarkably congruent but tantalizingly incomplete.

CHAIRMAN TUNHEIM: Ms. McMillan, your information and thoughts on how we should seek former Soviet records are very helpful, and we really appreciate that.

Let me ask you one final question. You interviewed Lee Harvey Oswald in 1959 in the Soviet Union. Would you just take a moment to give us your sense of the man, your thoughts, impressions of him based on that interview?

MS. McMILLAN: Well, he was stunningly young. He looked like a very young boy, and I felt very sorry for him. He seemed to be at sea and not to know what he was dealing with.

He told me proudly that he had been to Get Schemer, a children's department store that was only a block from our hotel, and that he had bought an ice cream cone there, and he seemed so proud that he had done anything -- he didn't know the language very well.

I just made him tea during that time. I just felt pretty sorry for him, and I felt somewhat a sense of identification, because I had weak press credentials and was a lone individual trying to remain as a reporter, you know, with the Soviet bureaucracy, and I did speak the language, I had studied the country, and I had a Master's degree, and I think I was 31, whereas he had just turned 20, and he seemed younger, and we were both lone individuals up against the bureaucracy, and so, I felt quite a sense of sympathy for him, and I liked him.

CHAIRMAN TUNHEIM: Thank you very much.

MS. McMILLAN: Thank you.....

http://spot.acorn.ne...ue/madness.html

March Madness at the ARRB Part II

by Joseph Backes Copyright © 1995

Note: This article was written shortly after the ARRB public hearing in Boston, March 24, 1995 and was never published. As it has been nearly two years since the event the reader is advised to read my previous articles that are more contemporaneaous with March of 1995. My article "March Madness at the ARRB" in "The Fourth Decade" would be a good start.)....

....Dr. Joyce, bless him, did ask, "Ms. McMillan, there have been several statements to the effect that you might have had a connection to the Central Intelligence Agency. I was wondering if you might elucidate the nature of them and whether you might have had any conversations with the CIA concerning Oswald in connection with the Soviet Union or Cuba." Ms. McMillan responded that her entire government service was for 30 days as a translator in Moscow in the winter of 1956 when she was a translator for the Joint Press Reading Service. A job she apparently lost because she did not have a security clearance. Does anyone believe this? She went on to state, "My conversations with CIA officials about Oswald came only following the assassination. I think it was the FBI who came to see me over the weekend of November 22-23. I'm not sure if I ever did talk to CIA people about Oswald after the assassination."

I did not believe any of Ms. McMillan's statements in answer to Dr. Joyce's question. I have sent copies of all of the articles Peter Whitmey wrote about Ms. McMillan in The Third/Fourth Decade to the Review Board. I would love for Peter to write another one on Ms. McMillan's performance at this hearing.

Edited by Tom Scully

...Ms. McMillan responded that her entire government service was for 30 days as a translator in Moscow in the winter of 1956 when she was a translator for the Joint Press Reading Service. A job she apparently lost because she did not have a security clearance. Does anyone believe this? She went on to state, "My conversations with CIA officials about Oswald came only following the assassination. I think it was the FBI who came to see me over the weekend of November 22-23. I'm not sure if I ever did talk to CIA people about Oswald after the assassination."

I did not believe any of Ms. McMillan's statements in answer to Dr. Joyce's question. I have sent copies of all of the articles Peter Whitmey wrote about Ms. McMillan in The Third/Fourth Decade to the Review Board. I would love for Peter to write another one on Ms. McMillan's performance at this hearing.

Yet may I ask, Tom, what is it you expect to find out about Priscilla Johnson McMillan? What do you seek? What do you hope to find?

Her fascination for JFK researchers, as far as I can tell, is that she stubbornly agrees with the Warren Commission theory of the lone gunman, even after 1979 when the US Government itself stopped pushing that fabrication.

Well, IMHO she does that because she based her best-selling book (the source of her career) on her book, Marina and Lee (1977), which largely repeats the story and the conclusion of the Warren Commission. She has no further information than that, and she never really tried to get more information than that. That, IMHO, is the key reason that she sticks to her story with such tenacity.

She once boasted that she accounted for all of Lee Oswald's time in New Orleans, as far as possible. That's absurd, because her only source was Marina Oswald, and after Lee lost his job at the Reilly Coffee Company in mid-July, he didn't tell Marina for more than a month -- but he left the house every morning as if he was going to work.

So, Marina, and thus Priscilla Johnson McMillan, cannot account for hundreds of hours of Oswalds time in July and August, 1963. Ms. McMillan knows that - but she never bothered to try to fill in those gaps.

Also, Lee Oswald always rented a new PO Box whenever he moved. This is typical of every Intelligence agent, contractor or wannabe. Also, Oswald had more money than his part-time temporary jobs could ever account for. This did not stimulate Ms. McMillan's imagination in the slightest. She hastily concluded that Oswald rented PO Boxes to avoid offending his landlords with his Communist newspaper subscriptions. (But Oswald was a street-corner hawker!)

I don't see what crime Ms McMillan is guilty of beyond stubbornness or laziness. She merely repeats what Marina Oswald said (almost parrot-like) and adds nothing of any substance, nor omits anything of any substance. The fact that this played into the hands of the Warren Commission, FBI and CIA, and earned her a lot of money; all this seems to be to be a coincidence, since she was never going to change her opinion in any case.

Ms. McMillan's main flaw was this belief: that if Marina Oswald didn't know everything that was going on with Oswald, then it was impossible for anybody to find out. That was her mistake.

But aside from that, I can't see what anybody seeks to find from her.

Maybe that's because I personally believe that Oswald's role in the JFK conspiracy was strictly limited, and he withheld even the little that he knew from Marina. I also personally believe that Oswald was mainly what we see in the Warren Report -- a bumbler.

The main deception the Warren Report added was the myth that Oswald was a loner -- when actually he was continually surrounded by people (outside of his home life). He was a bumbler, but a social bumbler. Yes, Lee would spend hours by himself in his room, but we know now that he was developing photographs for prospective spy work, or writing secret codes in beginner's binary scripts and glow boxes; and that this was for the benefit of OTHERS.

Marina herself believed that Lee was a loner, because Lee never brought any of his associates home to meet Marina (that is, from the New Orleans period forward. Before that, Lee refused to encourage Marina to learn English, because he wanted to keep her ti himself -- he was a jealous guy (especially where George Bouhe was concerned).

So, because Marina believed Oswald was a loner, therefore Ms. McMillan printed that Oswald was a loner, and since she printed it, she believed it, and will never change her mind. Since it matched the Warren Commission mythology, she was amply rewarded for as long as the lone-gunman theory held public attention -- through the 1990's. And far more people read Marina and Lee than ever read the Warren Report.

In the post Oliver Stone period, she has done nothing more than repeat herself and stand by her lucrative work. She doesn't seem to be much of a CIA agent, in my book.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

...Ms. McMillan responded that her entire government service was for 30 days as a translator in Moscow in the winter of 1956 when she was a translator for the Joint Press Reading Service. A job she apparently lost because she did not have a security clearance. Does anyone believe this? She went on to state, "My conversations with CIA officials about Oswald came only following the assassination. I think it was the FBI who came to see me over the weekend of November 22-23. I'm not sure if I ever did talk to CIA people about Oswald after the assassination."

Yet may I ask, Tom, what is it you expect to find out about Priscilla Johnson McMillan? What do you seek? What do you hope to find?

Her fascination for JFK researchers, as far as I can tell, is that she stubbornly agrees with the Warren Commission theory of the lone gunman, even after 1979 when the US Government itself stopped pushing that fabrication.

Well, IMHO she does that because she based her best-selling book (the source of her career) on her book, Marina and Lee (1977), which largely repeats the story and the conclusion of the Warren Commission. She has no further information than that, and she never really tried to get more information than that. That, IMHO, is the key reason that she sticks to her story with such tenacity.

She once boasted that she accounted for all of Lee Oswald's time in New Orleans, as far as possible. That's absurd, because her only source was Marina Oswald, and after Lee lost his job at the Reilly Coffee Company in mid-July, he didn't tell Marina for more than a month -- but he left the house every morning as if he was going to work.

So, Marina, and thus Priscilla Johnson McMillan, cannot account for hundreds of hours of Oswalds time in July and August, 1963. Ms. McMillan knows that - but she never bothered to try to fill in those gaps.

Also, Lee Oswald always rented a new PO Box whenever he moved. This is typical of every Intelligence agent, contractor or wannabe. Also, Oswald had more money than his part-time temporary jobs could ever account for. This did not stimulate Ms. McMillan's imagination in the slightest. She hastily concluded that Oswald rented PO Boxes to avoid offending his landlords with his Communist newspaper subscriptions. (But Oswald was a street-corner hawker!)

I don't see what crime Ms McMillan is guilty of beyond stubbornness or laziness. She merely repeats what Marina Oswald said (almost parrot-like) and adds nothing of any substance, nor omits anything of any substance. The fact that this played into the hands of the Warren Commission, FBI and CIA, and earned her a lot of money; all this seems to be to be a coincidence, since she was never going to change her opinion in any case.

Ms. McMillan's main flaw was this belief: that if Marina Oswald didn't know everything that was going on with Oswald, then it was impossible for anybody to find out. That was her mistake.

But aside from that, I can't see what anybody seeks to find from her.

Maybe that's because I personally believe that Oswald's role in the JFK conspiracy was strictly limited, and he withheld even the little that he knew from Marina. I also personally believe that Oswald was mainly what we see in the Warren Report -- a bumbler.

The main deception the Warren Report added was the myth that Oswald was a loner -- when actually he was continually surrounded by people (outside of his home life). He was a bumbler, but a social bumbler. Yes, Lee would spend hours by himself in his room, but we know now that he was developing photographs for prospective spy work, or writing secret codes in beginner's binary scripts and glow boxes; and that this was for the benefit of OTHERS.

Marina herself believed that Lee was a loner, because Lee never brought any of his associates home to meet Marina (that is, from the New Orleans period forward. Before that, Lee refused to encourage Marina to learn English, because he wanted to keep her ti himself -- he was a jealous guy (especially where George Bouhe was concerned).

So, because Marina believed Oswald was a loner, therefore Ms. McMillan printed that Oswald was a loner, and since she printed it, she believed it, and will never change her mind. Since it matched the Warren Commission mythology, she was amply rewarded for as long as the lone-gunman theory held public attention -- through the 1990's. And far more people read Marina and Lee than ever read the Warren Report.

In the post Oliver Stone period, she has done nothing more than repeat herself and stand by her lucrative work. She doesn't seem to be much of a CIA agent, in my book.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

But Paul, can't you see? McMillan has all these seven-degrees-of-separation-connections, so she must have been a deep cover agent positioned in Moscow at just the right time to "interview" LHO. Why can't you see that she must have been a MKULTRA agent sent to Moscow to further the programing of Ozzie by slipping some window Paine acid into his Doktor Pepper.and then, of course, "sweet talking" him into abject patsy-ness by whispering "Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine,...." ten-to-the-ninth times in his widdle patsy-esque ear?

LOL

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Oswald was no loner, and that poor soul lived his 24 years full of adventure and around numerous friends from around the world.

"CIA" disinformation ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwCcNjD8peQ&feature=related

Edited by Peter McGuire

Oswald was no loner, and that poor soul lived his 24 years full of adventure and around numerous friends from around the world.

"CIA" disinformation ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwCcNjD8peQ&feature=related

Peter,

I didn't say that, actually. Paul Trejo said it at 10:24 pm on June the 23rd. (I only wish I could write as well as Paul.)

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

To answer Tom Scully's original question - did the CIA 'sheep-dip' (patsify) Oswald - we must determine exactly when the sheep-dip process began; complete with a plausible explanation.

What makes the problem difficult is that we confuse the start of the sheep-dip process with the start of the 'kill JFK' process, and there is no way to date that, because there were so many 'kill JFK' plots out there. Trafficante, Hughes, Milteer, Manolo, Hoffa, Hunt, Veciana, Marcello, Cabell -- all these haters might have sprung into action at any time.

That is, if we believe the successful 'kill JFK' plot started in 1961, we have one theory of sheep-dipping. If we believe it started in 1962, we have another theory of sheep-dipping, and so on.

Those who believe (against me) that Priscilla Johnson McMillan was involved will start the 'kill JFK' plot very early, IMHO.

I myself date the successful 'kill JFK' plot in 1963, and in April, to be more precise. The successful plot started when Oswald was selected as the patsy, and other 'kill JFK' plots were drafted into this one. Probably as this new plot became more organized and hopeful, other plotters joined this new plot, giving the illusion that the successful 'kill JFK' plot was older than it really was.

In a word, the successful 'kill JFK' plot began, IMHO, with ex-General Edwin Walker, on Easter Sunday, 14 April 1963, when he learned from military intelligence sources that Lee Harvey Oswald had been his 10 April 1963 shooter at Walker's home in Dallas. The day Walker entered the fray, success was assured.

At this time, the FBI, the CIA, the Mafia, the Cuban Exiles, all became observers of the events. Only the most assertive rogues and mavericks among them were drafted into this new 'kill JFK' plot. Secrecy was controlled with paramilitary discipline.

So - in order to identify who was involved in the actual sheep-dip of Lee Harvey Oswald, the researcher must offer a plausible start-date of the sheep-dip, and name the parties who were directly involved with Oswald.

I say the connections between ex-General Walker and Guy Banister can be traced through Carlos Bringuier and the DRE, as well as the Minutemen groups working among the Cuban Exiles. I offer dates and names.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Guest Tom Scully

More points to ponder.

Hartley Edward Howe was the son of FDR's most trusted advisor, Louis Howe, who died in 1936. Louis was reported to be grooming son, Hartley, for a diplomatic role as far back as 1933, according to the NY TImes.

Ernest Cuneo certainly was well acquainted with Louis Howe, and to some extent, with his son, Hartley.

NY Times reporting in 1958 and in 1960 describes Hartley Howe as information officer of the English-Speaking Union.

The 1965 obituary of Hartley's sister, Mary Howe Baker, states that Hartley is a resident of Locust Valley, L.I.

http://www.arlington...et/jdwalker.htm

John Denley Walker, 81, a retired CIA operations officer and highly decorated World War II Navy aviator who won a Navy Cross in combat operations against the Japanese, died of cancer October 1, 2002, at his home in Washington....

....As an officer of the CIA, Mr. Walker's work included operations overseas. His postings included France, Malta, Israel and Australia. He had dealings with such world leaders as Charles de Gaulle, Winston Churchill, David Ben-Gurion and Jawaharlal Nehru. He advised U.S. ambassadors on political, military and economic affairs.....

....In 1948, he joined the Paris office of the Marshall Plan for the postwar economic rehabilitation of Europe, where he was assistant director of the European labor division. Later, he helped create a format for technical assistance that was incorporated into the foreign aid program. From 1952 until 1978, he was a CIA officer. His last assignment was as a liaison officer between the agency and a House of Representatives committee investigating the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

On retiring from federal service, Mr. Walker was executive director of the English Speaking Union, which promotes improvement of Anglo-American relations. ....

BTW, Len, I've been meaning to ask you to post your guess of how Anthony A. Lapham could have been so well acquainted with Henry R. Breck to choose Breck to be the godfather of his son, Nicholas, and for Breck to choose Lapham as the best man in his 1973 marriage to Tex McCrary's niece.:

The very best men: four who dared : the early years of the CIA - Page 91

books.google.com Evan Thomas - 1996 - 432 pages - Preview

"The Brits were the most bloodthirsty of all," said Henry Breck, Groton '54, a CIA case officer in India in the 1960s. "Of course, if you're in a real war you must fight hard — and the upper classes fight the hardest. They have the most to lose."

Gifts Make Up Bride's Loss Of 25,000 .

‎Evening Independent - Jul 6, 1940

Hartley Howe of New York, son of th« Louis mchenry Howe, President Roosevelt's former confidential adviser, was best man. The couple, who met while em

http://news.google.c...pg=2674,1139816

PriscillaJohnsonMcMillanHartleyHowe_June_1940SpokanePhoto.jpg

Wirephoto; Her father's will barred Virginia Cocalis, year-old Wellesley graduate, ... Here she is with her new husband, George mcmillan former Washington and .

(Last I looked, this murder mystery we are investigating, has not been solved. The improvements to the shortcomings in the investigation that will finally be the solutions to solving the mystery must include leaving no stone unturned, no potential lead unexplored, which is why I find criticisms like these, especially troubling.:

Wow I fully agree with you Greg. Tommy and I have made similar observations. On the other hand we should be thankful that the world's foremost authority on who attended the weddings of the offspring of anyone vaguely connected to the assassination posts here.

) Edited by Tom Scully

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Scully

The original research that follows this copyright notice was discovered by and is presented here by Tom Scully for the benefit of members and readers of this forum, and hopefully for all persons interested in learning the truth vs. the version of Kennedy Assassination information and conclusions of the United States Government and by person in its employ. The relationships presented and linked here are not to be copied or excerpted or included in any electronic text or print text media intended for profit, including any presentation on internet websites displaying advertisements or links to advertisments, without the express, written permission of the author.

Copyright 2012 by Tom Scully

This could have been discovered much sooner if all leads contained here had been diligently pursued. I apologize for the delay.

Tommy, Greg, Joe, Lee, and Len, this is for you, especially.:

We know George Bush's lifelong friend and former business partner met with George DeMohrenschildt in spring, 1963, as part of a CIA assignment.

We also know this.:

http://www.spartacus...FKjohnsonPR.htm

......Another CIA document dated dated 5th February, 1964, reports on a 11 hour meeting with Johnson. The main objective of the meeting was to debrief Johnson "on her flaps with the Soviets when she was in the USSR, notably at the time of her last exit." She was also asked if she "would be interested in writing articles for Soviet publications." Gary Coit, the CIA officer who conducted the interview with Johnson reported that "no effort was made to attempt to force the issue of a debriefing on her contacts". However, Coit told her he would "probably be back to see her from time to time to see what she knows about specific persons whose names might come up, and she at least nodded assent to this......

1. A DISPATCHED DEFECTOR SENT TO - Coup d'Etat in America
    ajweberman.com/noduleX5-DISPATCHED%20DEFECTOR.htm On March 3, 1964, she met with Garry Coit, a CIA SR/CA Staff member. [CIA 577-813] Gary .... Mr. Weberman, I know of no such memorandum. What is the Office ...
    You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 6/25/12

2. Priscilla L. Johnson - JFK Assassination Debate - The Education Forum
    educationforum.ipbhost.com › ... › JFK Assassination Debate Sep 28, 2006 – Gary Coit, the CIA officer who conducted the interview with Johnson ..... tramp photos, according to a tantalising recent post by A.J. Weberman. [/quote]

http://sigmachi.mit....vol1946_no1.pdf

Page 4 of 1946 newspaper from Tom Devine's fraternity at M.I.T. Home address displayed matches 3550 Elmwood Ave. Rochester, NY address in image displayed in earlier post of Devine's father's obituary on this thread. Same lists also contains names, addresses, and military branch and rank of Devine's fraternity brothers.

Left column on page 1, also at the link above, lists the name Thomas Devine and the names of the other fraternity initiates Devine pledged with.

I have seen no other record related to Devine's university attendance. I find no information as to whether he graduated from M.I.T., or that he made later donations as an alumni. It seems as if he does not want his activities of the late 1940's or of his education to be public knowledge.

http://www.google.co...805e95cb0de89a2

DEVINE, THOMAS J. 375 Park Ave, NY NY l0022. Dec-9-26 Rochester NY. Mass Inst Tech BS 49. State Dept, Wash DC, admin asst 50-53| Midiand Tex, indep oil operator 53-64. Train Cabot & Associates, NY, ltd partner 59-. Finance.

Class of 1948 Active classmates, sorted by Living Group

- Oct 13

Apr 16, 2003 ... MIT Class of 1948 · Class Leadership. 1948 Beaver. Missing Classmates .... Mr Alexander Aldrich, PH, DP. Mr Thomas S Barrows, CH, DP ...

http://alumweb.mit.e...ive_alumns.html

This is an image excerpted from the first page of the sigmachi linked .pdf file displayed in the quote box above.:

PriscillaJohnsonCoitDevineFrat1944.jpg

...and this is the 1949 wedding announcement of Garry Coit. Compare the names I highlighted in red with the names in the

1944 Sigma Chi newsletter displayed directly above.

*"* M. Ajpss Baldwin, IBw Coit, Jr., u*o -o ^e Married

The Washington Post (1923-1954). Nov 27, 1949.

"Miss Baldwin, Lew Coit, Jr., Are Married"

PriscillaJohnsonCoitFratWedding.jpg

Lawsuit over little bridge still cutts wide chasm in Shore town ...

articles.baltimoresun.com/.../1992213129_1_boone-creek-bridge-tal...

Jul 31, 1992 – ... opposing the bridge are Mr. Becker, a retired aviation lawyer; L. Garry and Barbara M. Coit, two former Central Intelligence Agency officials; ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-

dyn/content/article/2008/03/21/AR2008032103032_3.html

Obituaries

Saturday, March 22, 2008

L. Garry CoitCIA Agent

L. Garry Coit, 81, a former CIA agent, died of pneumonia Feb. 29 at Memorial

Hospital in Easton, Md. He lived in Oxford and had dementia.

Mr. Coit worked for the CIA for 26 years, starting as a French translator for

Vietnamese trainees in Guam and spending four years at the U.S. Embassy in

Paris and four years in London.

He was a native of Duluth, Minn., and moved to the Washington area as a

youngster, graduating from Landon School in Bethesda. He attended the

Massachusetts Institute of Technology until he joined the Navy during World

War II. He served in the United States.

After the war, he transferred from MIT to the University of Maryland, where

he graduated. Sailing by freighter to France, he spent a year at the Institut

de Politique in Paris.

Aboard the family's 22 1/2 -foot Sea Sprite, accompanied by a Hobie Cat

catamaran, he took two of his sons to a North Carolina sailing camp in 1976.

The family adventure, which included an Albemarle Sound gale, a flipped

catamaran and Mr. Coit being tossed overboard, cemented his interest in ocean

sailing. After retiring in 1978, he bought a 37-foot cruiser sailboat and for

the next seven years sailed to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, New England, the

Azores, Europe, the Mediterranean and the Adriatic Sea.

He moved from Bethesda to Talbot County, Md., in 1987 but did not sit still.

Driving a 1978 Volkswagen camper, the family toured the United States and

Canada's maritime provinces, until Mr. Coit became ill.

His marriage to Phyllis Baldwin Coit ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife of 35 years, Barbara Matzen Coit of Oxford; five

children from his first marriage, Elizabeth Baldwin Coit of Laurel, Zachary

Garrison Coit of Charlottesville, Seth W. Coit of Reston, Nathan Greene Coit

of Colorado Springs and Roger Baldwin Coit of Salida, Colo.; two sisters; and

eight grandchildren.

Boating Safety Blog: July 2008

newboatbuilders.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

Jul 31, 2008 – Hunter Bennett Jr. says hed only owned the boat for about two years and .... boat plunged over a dam in the Potomac River near Williamsport.

Photographs of Harvard Law School Students: Class Pictures, VIA ...

via.lib.harvard.edu/via/deliver/deepcontentItem?recordId...

Hunter Bennett, Jr.; 3. Clinton Stevenson; 4. ... Asst. Dean Wesley E. Bevins, Jr.; 26. Robert Humphrey; 27. ... Robert Zuckerman; 50. Richard Marshall; 51.

http://www.southcoas...mplate=printart

Carl A. Bergman

June 18, 2008 12:00 AM

LYNNFIELD — Carl A. Bergman, age 87, of Lynnfield, MA and formerly of Dartmouth, MA, passed away peacefully on June 17, 2008. He was the beloved husband of Margaret (Sullivan) Bergman of Lynnfield.

Born in Salt Lake City, Utah on April 7, 1921, he was the son of the late Lewis and Mable (Ahlquist) Bergman.

Carl graduated from the University of Utah in 1942 and also attended Harvard University for two years. In 1944, he entered the United States Navy and was stationed in Pearl Harbor where he served as a communications officer during World War II. He was honorably discharged in 1946. Carl worked for Standard Duplicating Machines for over forty-five years before retiring as Executive Vice President of Engineering.

In 1945, Carl married Margaret Sullivan with whom he shared 63 years of marriage. They made their home in Lynnfield where they started their family. Carl was the President of the local Couples Club and also involved with the Lynnfield Art Guild. In 1975, they moved to Dartmouth, MA, where they lived for over twenty years and enjoyed living in their seaside home and sailing their Catalina in Buzzards Bay. He was the President of the Dartmouth Newcomer's Club.

In addition to his beloved wife Margaret, he is survived by his four loving children

Thomas J. Devine's Sigma Chi fraternity brother at M.I.T., Gary aka Garry, aka Lew Garrison Coit, Jr., was Priscilla Johnson's CIA case officer, and Thomas J. Devine's close friend and business partner, George HW Bush, had been the prep school roommate of Edward Gordon Hooker, the step-nephew of George DeMohrenschildt.

Again I remind Mr. Bush and Mr. Devine that it is long past the time both of them forthrightly and thoroughly explain what they knew and when they knew it, as far as any undisclosed details on the backgrounds of DeMohrenschildt, Oswald, Priscilla Johnson, and what their assignments were related to the CIA operationally, and in any subsequent cover up, distortion, or discrediting of anyone seeking or attempting to disclose the truth of these troubling matters.

There is more, besides CIA's Coit happening to be Priscilla Johnson's CIA liason, and Coit and three of his wedding ushers happening to be M.I.T. college student who lived in the small fraternity house with Thomas J. Devine in fall, 1944, and Devine happening to be reactivated (after a ten year hiatus) by CIA in April, 1963, for the purpose of meeting with George DeMohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles, and Devine happening in 1955 to be a wedding usher of CIA's Albert Bradley Carter, Jr., with the best man happening to be W. Palmer Dixon, and fellow ushers Andre Rheault of CIA, Alexander Aldrich, Edgar Eustis "Chip" Bohlen (said to be CIA), McCloy's best man, Henry Brunie's stepson, Charles Hubbard, ....there is Rheault being an usher in the wedding of Sylvia Whitehouse, and Rheault's brother being the infamous Col. Robert Rheault.

There is this:

http://sigmachi.mit....vol1946_no1.pdf

...The Class of 2-'47 was regu-larly initiated on September 24.

A princely initiation banquet followed, attended by a number of

visiting sigs.

At the close of the term in October, Brothers Brannan, Moore, Lambert,

and Mayer were transferred to Midshipman school; Brother Coit enlisted in

the Naval Radio Training Pro- gram.

Fall Term, 1944

Shortly after the inception of the fall term of 1944, Brothers DEVINE and Hendershott enlisted in the NAVAL RADIO TRAINING PRO- GRAM.

Alpha Theta Chapter did not pledge any freshmen at the beginning of the fall

term....

Reel 25, Folder B - GARRISON INVESTIGATION - DCD 6 OF 6. pg 9

Found in: HSCA Segregated CIA Collection (microfilm - reel 25: Garrison, Agrupacion Montecristi - DRE)

from the Spring 1969 issue of The Magazine of S Chi titled "Sigma Chi and the Bizarre Clay Shaw Trial. There is an old saying that family fights ire the bitterest and this seems to bear this

RIF#: 1994.05.06.08:41:51:430005 (1/22/1969) CIA#: 80T01357A

Background:

http://educationforu...120#entry124244

Friday, 26 April 1963

George De Mohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles go to a CIA front business in New York City:

1. WUBRINY/1 [Thomas James Devine] telephoned on the sterile line at approximately 17000 hours to report on a meeting held this afternoon, as described below.......

C. FRANK STONE, III

Chief

DO/COEO

C. Frank Stone :

US Astronomer RH McCracken Dies at Age 75

Washington Post - Jun 4, 1996

Charles Francis "Frank" Stone, 87, an intelligence officer who retired in

1969 after 32 years with the Central Intelligence Agency and its predecessor

organization, died of cancer June 2 at his home in Washington. Mr. Stone, who

began his career in Washington with the Central Intelligence Group in 1947,

was stationed in Europe and Africa. He was a native of Upper Montclair, NJ,

and a graduate of the University of Kentucky. He worked for Chemical Bank in

New York before World War II. He served in the Army in North Africa, India

and Europe during World War II. Mr. Stone, who had second home in

Shepherdstown, W.Va., formerly had a vacation residence in Bethany Beach,

Del. He was the author of a book, " Seashore." He was a member of Christ

Episcopal Church in Georgetown, the Order of Americans of Armorial Ancestry,

the Order of the First Crusade, the Sons of the American Revolution, the

Mayflower Society, Founders and Patrios and Sigma Alpha Epsilon social

fraternity. His interests included restoring antiques. Survivors include his

wife of 64 years, Virginia Stone of Washington; two daughters, .....

C Frank Stone's brother:

Keeneland's Ted Bassett: My Life - Page 111

James E. Bassett, Bill Mooney - 2009 - 406 pages - Google eBook - Preview

... we had instructed our troopers in Kentucky to write in big, bold letters at the top of their accident reports whether or not ... Somewhat to my surprise, about ten days later, robert C. Stone, the special agent in charge in Frankfort, called me to advise that mr. hoover—his agents always ... was ushered into a large, semicircular waiting room, where i was welcomed by two black Fbi agents who escorted me to ....

Robert Clark Stone's obit:

.....Stone was born in New Jersey, and came to this state to attend the

University of Kentucky, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree

in Commerce and a Juris Doctor degree.

In 1943 he was appointed as a special agent of the Federal Bureau

of Investigation. His work with the FBI took him to Michigan, New

York, Washington D.C., California and then back to Kentucky.

He retired from the FBI on August 31, 1966 and was hired the

next day by Eastern Kentucky University to lead the newly created

Kentucky Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Council....

More background:

A DISPATCHED DEFECTOR SENT TO - Coup d'Etat in America

ajweberman.com/noduleX5-DISPATCHED%20DEFECTOR.htm

OSWALD made no mention of this interview in his Historic Diary. ...... Priscilla Johnson's file makes no mention of her marriage to George MacMillan, a free lance writer, and no check on him

Edited by Tom Scully

Tom, in summary it appears that you're weaving a case that the CIA plotted to kill JFK soon after he was elected -- i.e. when Oswald was still in Russia. Only in this way can you weave Priscilla McMillan Johnson into a CIA plot that begins in early 1961.

I think one basis of such a theory is that Oswald was an obedient and trustworthy CIA agent, even at 21 years of age.

Yet the young Oswald in Texas appears to have been restless -- he did not like his straight jobs or his salary. He had bigger dreams for himself. He liked to drop hints to co-workers and strangers that he had a daring and romantic life -- and that type of behavior simply got him fired from his straight jobs.

In other words, Oswald had personal problems staying under cover. He was evidently not a quiet spy -- someone who could lay low and keep his mouth shut. That makes it difficult to follow a long-term plot scenario.

My idea of the JFK plot necessarily involves a shorter time frame. I know that JFK had many powerful enemies in 1961-1962, and many probably wished JFK would get whacked. But the actual plot -- the successful plot -- got started only in 1963. And that's too late for Priscilla to be involved.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo