The Education Forum

Possible escape routes of the four Ramblers used in the assassination of JFK

The four Ramblers are:

parking lot Rambler, with fence-shooter in it: witness ed Hoffman.

Elm Street rambler (Ruth Paine Rambler) with Lee Oswald in it. Witness- Roger Craig

Huston Street Rambler, with suspects in it, running out of the back of the TSBD and driving north. witness: Richard Randolph Carr.

Record Street Rambler. Used by a man, with horn rimmed glasses, seen in the TSBD during the shooting: witness Richard Randolph Carr

Four Ramblers, and all of em used by suspicious individuals...one used by the patsy...

Am I the only one, who sees a pattern?

KK

30adx87.png

Edited by Karl Kinaski

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl

A rambler was seen parking with 2 occupants outside or near

The tidy laundromat ,an Oswald lookylikey

Used the phone in the laundry the driver walked away!

Cannot remember the street name though!

Ian

Karl

A rambler was seen parking with 2 occupants outside or near

the Tidy Laundromat ,an Oswald looky-like

used the phone in the laundry. The driver walked away!

Cannot remember the street name though!

Ian

Ian,

That's really interesting! Hopefully it will peake the intrest of other researchers who are more industrious than I am at the moment!...

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Re Tidy Laundromat.

I believe the Penningtons saw Oswald at the Tidy Lady Laundromat

in the 12:50's before one o'clock. Most people will only accept a one

Oswald involvment and will forced to choose between the modes of potential

transporation. It fits well with me with two Oswalds, in all the modes of

transportation, with one setting the other one up...then, and the days and

weeks prior which are so well documented.

Source:

http://groups.google...a0abee?lnk=raot

The Tidy Lady Laundromat was located on Davis Street as well.

Source:

http://www.jfkassass...p?topic=5830.24

The light-colored Rambler station wagon that was seen with someone who was practically a double for Lee Harvey Oswald passed under the triple-underpass at 12:40 P.M.

A few blocks beyond that overpass is the Commerce Street Viaduct, leading directly into Oak Cliff. It is practically certain that after the Rambler with an unknown driver and a “Oswald impostor” left the Depository it crossed the viaduct, and after turning left on Sylvan Street drove 12 blocks further going south on Davis St. Three blocks away was the Tidy Lady Launderette. The drive from the Texas School Book Depository, would have taken 7 or 8 minutes. It is at the launderette where the car stopped. It would have been within a minute or so of 12:47 P.M.

The Tidy Lady (1227 Davis) was at the corner of Davis St and North Clinton St. There were only two people in the laundromat, at that time John Wesley and Oda Pennington. The car with the two fugitives parked on the east side of North Clinton St., by the side door of the laundromat. The young man who exited the car passed the laundromat and then turned around and entered, making a beeline towards the payphone. A brief pause and the Pennington’s heard the caller speaking in Spanish, in the FBI report, the Pennington’s felt that the man acted as if he was in trouble, under the circumstances, the Pennington’s were no doubt, accurate in their were perception. What happened to the driver is not certain but he may have left the scene as soon as he parked the car, which is what the Oswald impostor did as soon as he finished his call. He was last seen walking South on North Clinton St.

The car had been abandoned. When the couple were shown a photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald, they said he “appeared” to be the same person.

Just as compelling is how close the laudromat was to Jefferson Street, the location of the Texas Theater, and on the other side of Jefferson St. in the distance was the apartment of Jack Ruby. The Tidy Lady Lauderette on Clinton Street was only five blocks south away from Jefferson Street.

paraphrased from pages 831-832 Harvey and Lee - John Armstrong

So if you are trying to ascertain if another person was "in play" on Jefferson Street besides Lee Oswald, this scenario definitely seems pertinent. End of account. Yes....End of story? Definitely not.

There was also a Clarence Otis Pennington in W. Virginia who was interviewed by the FBI, at this point it is not known whether the individual Oda Pennington was related to Clarence Pennington. However there is a very sophisticated genealogy website and Family organization named Pennington Research Association, that almost without question makes mention of an C.O. Pennigton and “his wife Ida!”......If you surmised that the Pennington’s are interesting you would be right....

Source:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3128&st=150

Edited by Malcolm Ward

Quote from Ed Hoffmans book BEYOND THE FENCE LINE, where he mentioned the "parking-lot" Rambler:

From his viewpoint on Stemmons freeway, he observed:

29wti5h.png

And this is, acc. to Hoffman, what business-suit-man did seconds before:

2ed47q0.png

The parking lot rambler was the getaway car for Kennedys actual killer.

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Black dog?.

There is a man in a dark suit appears at the end of the parapet

Wall just after the shooting who appears to be reaching in his back pocket

As the crowd rush towards the overpass along the fence.!

Ruth Paine never had a Rambler station wagon. She had a 55 Chevy wagon. I think the confusion comes from when LHO is asked about the station wagon sighting, and he assumes they are talking about Ruth's wagon, and he denies that Ruth Paine had anything to do with it.

Black dog?.

Where did you read this information? Was it in a photo or one of the films? Also, remember in the Couch film we caught sight of 2 men with big hats and overcoats over their arms. Very respectable, Obviously, they were concealing weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

The four Ramblers are:

Elm Street rambler (Ruth Paine Rambler) with Lee Oswald in it. Witness- Roger Craig

Huston Street Rambler, with suspects in it, running out of the back of the TSBD and driving north. witness: Richard Randolph Carr.

Record Street Rambler. Used by a man, with horn rimmed glasses, seen in the TSBD during the shooting: witness Richard Randolph Carr

Four Ramblers, and all of em used by suspicious individuals...one used by the patsy...

KK

30adx87.png

I finally found ta photo I've been looking for on Robin's website, in the photos section, in the "Murray Collection". It was hard to spot this photo there because it's part of a larger collage about the spotting of "Babuska Lady" In a small part of the photo. The dark-bodied car with the white top just to the left and behind "Babuska Lady" is a Rambler. (Note the occupants.)

Of course, I do expect William King to disagree with me. LOL

http://www.jfkassass...album=41&pos=12

FWIW, the dark-complected young man in the foreground with his back to the camera and his left hand raised to his ear is interesting, as well. Looks like he has something tucked under his shirt/jacket. Could it be a radio?

PS Does anyone know the "identification number" of this Jim Murray photo?

PPS Could someone please post a bigger, better copy of this photo?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas,

Forum member Tosh Plumlee was kind enough to supply this photo of one of the Ramblers that could have or probably was used after the assassination (he did not mention it`s exact location) I wish that I would have saved the other two.If I remember correctly....the blue sticker that is visable on the rear side window has something to do with Mexico.

NashRambler.jpg

Edited by Michael Crane

Black dog?.

Where did you read this information? Was it in a photo or one of the films? Also, remember in the Couch film we caught sight of 2 men with big hats and overcoats over their arms. Very respectable, Obviously, they were concealing weapons.

Kathy

Hi it's a picture in a thread "Black Dog Man" at Duncan's forum

I tried to post the address but bits missing.

It's from Bell I think DCM has moved just past the steps west of his original position.

The picture you posted made a connection .

Rick Needham did the legwork!.

Ian

The four Ramblers are:

KK

30adx87.png

Karl,

I finally found a photo I've been looking for on Robin's great website, the JFK Assassination Forum, in the "Murray Collection" part of the photo section. It was hard for me to spot this photo there because it's part of a larger collage about the possibility of Babuska Lady's being visible in a small part of the photo.

The dark-bodied car with the white top just to the left and behind this "Babuska Lady" is a Rambler.

FWIW, the dark-complected young man in the foreground with his back to the camera and his left hand raised to his ear is interesting, as well. Looks like he has something tucked under his shirt/jacket. Could it be a radio?

Does anyone know the "identification number" of this Jim Murray photo?

Could someone please post a bigger, higher-resolution copy of it?

Thanks,

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

The four Ramblers are:

KK

30adx87.png

Karl,

I finally found a photo I've been looking for on Robin's great website, the JFK Assassination Forum, in the "Murray Collection" part of the photo section. It was hard for me to spot this photo there because it's part of a larger collage about the possibility of Babuska Lady's being visible in a small part of the photo.

The dark-bodied car with the white top just to the left and behind this "Babuska Lady" is a Rambler.

Does anyone know the "identification number" of this Jim Murray photo?

Could someone please post a bigger, higher-resolution copy of it?

Thanks,

edited and bumped

Not at all, Thomas. If you're talking about the car at the top-center of the photo, you're right. It IS a Rambler, but it looks to me like a sedan, not a wagon. At that resolution it's hard to tell. In fact, the car behind it is also a Ramber, but the new 1963 model. Click the picture to show a bigger (but still low res) version. If I find a better one, I'll change it. (EDIT: Found a better one that should be showing now).

With all these Ramblers, maybe we should start looking at AMC's fleet purchases for Dallas. :idea

JWK

Picture2.jpg

Edited by J. William King

That's a rather odd looking arrangement on the back of the pickup

Far right

That's a rather odd looking arrangement on the back of the pickup

Far right

It looks as though the owner replaced the tailgate with a ramp, probably for lawn care equipment or something similar.