The Education Forum

Edwin Walker, Loran Hall, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Lawrence Howard, Harry Dean

Paul Trejo

According to Harry Dean's manuscript, Crosstrails (2001), in September 1963 he attended a John Birch Society meeting in Southern California along with ex-General Edwin Walker, Congressman John Rousselot, war-hero Guy Gabaldon, Loran Hall, Lawrence Howard and others, to discuss how to make Lee Harvey Oswald their patsy in a plot to assassinate JFK.

Harry Dean is a long-time member of this FORUM.

For several months I've been chasing down details of Harry's claim, and I recently obtained copies of Jim Garrison's interview of Loran Hall on 6 May 1968. I find the contents illuminating, and I'd like to pass my observations by this FORUM for your comments.

(I don't currently have these legal documents available in digital format, but to help newbies get started with this topic, one can review a 1968 National Enquirer article at this URL: http://www.pet880.co...Enquirer_NB.pdf which mentions the fact that Jim Garrison interviewed Loran Hall.)

I get the impression that Loran was lying to Garrison while smiling and smoking cigars during the deposition, and Garrison was completely taken in by Loran's story. Loran gave Garrison a little bit -- but not everything that he had. Jim Garrison was satisfied that he got "everything" from Loran Hall.

When the topic came to Loran's speaking career in the USA, it often matches what Harry Dean described in Crosstrails.

Loran Hall was a Cuban-American who joined many Americans in Cuba to support Castro when Castro was perceived to be a moderate. But when Castro turned against his American supporters, and jailed some of them (including Loran), these same activists became anti-Castro activists. That scenario included Harry Dean as well as Gerry Patrick Hemming, Frank Sturgis, Lawrence Howard, David Ferrie, and a very long list, apparently.

Loran told Garrison that he went on speaking tours in Southern California, Texas, Louisiana and Florida, mostly, for the John Birch Society where he collected small amounts of money (never a large sum, like other Cuba raiders). He said he had to show his receipts to Congressman and JBS officer, John Rousselot, and very often Loran Hall wound up being the cargo driver for loads of guns and medicine.

Loran took cameras on his actual Cuba raids in order to make films of the events -- partly to prove that he was spending the money as promised, and partly to show at new speaking events where he would also pass the hat for more money. Loran said he also made recordings of some speeches, and made records for sale. (I'd like to hear one of those records, so if any FORUM member knows where I can obtain one, please reply here.)

It also came out in these Garrison documents that Loran Hall idolized Guy Gabaldon, and even ran his California political campaign (just as Harry Dean described).

Loran was close friends with Lawrence Howard, but he seems to have had a luke-warm relationship with Gerry Patrick Hemming.

Also, Loran admitted that he met General Walker -- once -- in Dallas, at Walker's home. The occasion was in October 1963, when Loran Hall and William Seymour were stopped for gun-running and arrested for having pep-pills in Dallas. No person less than Dr. Robert Morris (who was the expensive attorney who got General Walker acquitted by a Mississippi Grand Jury for Walker's role in the Ole Miss riots of 30 September 1962) came up with $5,000 (which amounts to $50,000 in today's money) to bail out Loran and Seymour.

After they were bailed out, says Loran, they were joined by Gerry Patrick Hemming and a used-car dealer named Warren Reynolds. Dr. Robert Morris asked them if they wanted to meet the famous General Edwin Walker, and they agreed. So, Reynolds led the way to General Walker's house, where Hemming showed General Walker his two-inch-think detailed plan for Interpen, and asked for donations. Then, Hemming, Loran and Howard left (while Warren Reynolds remained behind).

That was the one and only time Loran Hall ever met General Walker, he claimed. Loran suggests that this was also Hemming's first meeting of General Walker. Jim Garrison was satisfied with that claim. I'm not.

Not only does Loran Hall contradict Harry Dean, but he also contradicts Gerry Hemming's own stories about ex-General Walker. Right on this FORUM Gerry Patrick Hemming said that he visited the home of General Edwin Walker back in May 1963, shortly after Walker escaped being assassinated. Hemming and his "Raiders" (possibly including Loran Hall) visited Walker at his home, sitting on his back porch drinking beers and smoking cigars. Hemming gave the impression that this was not the first time he rubbed shoulders with Edwin Walker.

The relationship between ex-General Walker and Loran Hall (and Lawrence Howard and Gerry Patrick Hemming) was far more involved than Loran Hall had told Jim Garrison. I have the impression that Loran Hall lied to Garrison to protect ex-General Walker. (That National Enquirer article URL above also seems to protect ex-General Walker, IMHO.) I believe that over the years Gerry Patrick Hemming also lied to protect ex-General Walker.

Furthermore -- Loran Hall told Bill Turner that after examining a photograph of the epileptic man's seizure in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63, that he was sure the man was Gerry Patrick Hemming. "The nose is unmistakable," he said.

Furthermore -- Gerry Patrick Hemming once told this FORUM that he was in Dallas during that week, and that the reason Lee Harvey Oswald brought his rifle to the TSBD building was because Hemming offered to buy it for a high price. (Oswald evidently handed it to a mutual friend before he came into the building.)

Furthermore -- despite repeated denials, the Dallas YMCA records show that Lawrence Howard and Loran Hall rented rooms there from mid-October through late October 1963. They were involved in something in Dallas a month before the JFK assassination. (I note that Edwin Walker's planning to disrupt the Adlai Stevenson rally occurred during that time, and that Cuban Exiles were also involved in those protests.)

All this suggests to me that Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and Lawrence Howard were at some level participants in a JFK assassination plot. All three men are connected to General Walker, where Walker, with his former rank as a US Major General would have played the role of leader.

All of this, in turn, tends to validate the claim made by Harry Dean in his 2001 manuscript, Crosstrails, and in his 9 June 1975 interview with Tom Snyder for The Today Show.

In short, I'm seeking more evidence that connects ex-General Edwin Walker to Loran Hall and Gerry Patrick Hemming, and the very Cuban Exiles with whom Lee Harvey Oswald associated in the latter part of 1963.

Please help me build upon this thread.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, what do you think about the idea that if Oswald was groomed for his patsy role and part of that was to have him kill Walker. Silly, isn't it? Walker was the 'boss'. The purpose of this shot was to not kill but to put Walker in a particular position from which he could logically distance himself from the JFK assassination so if Oswald was involved at this point what sort of knowledge would he have at this point as opposed to after nov 22?

Quote: Furthermore -- Loran Hall told Bill Turner that after examining a photograph of the epileptic man's seizure in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63, that he was sure the man was Gerry Patrick Hemming. "The nose is unmistakable," he said.

I put it that Hall is spreading disinfo here, as, for my money, Hemming is the single most reliably identifiable non-Dallasite in the immediate post-assassination photos of Dealey. If he had been ambulanced away during an earlier faked tremor, it would be counterproductive of him to return a half-hour later, in time for the shooting.

I'd like to see some photos of the seizure-ambulance incident.

Edited by David Andrews

....For several months I've been chasing down details of Harry's claim, and I recently obtained copies of Jim Garrison's interview of Loran Hall on 6 May 1968. I find the contents illuminating, and I'd like to pass my observations by this FORUM for your comments.

(I don't currently have these legal documents available in digital format, but to help newbies get started with this topic, one can review a 1968 National Enquirer article at this URL: http://www.pet880.co...Enquirer_NB.pdf which mentions the fact that Jim Garrison interviewed Loran Hall.)

I get the impression that Loran was lying to Garrison while smiling and smoking cigars during the deposition, and Garrison was completely taken in by Loran's story. Loran gave Garrison a little bit -- but not everything that he had. Jim Garrison was satisfied that he got "everything" from Loran Hall.

Lee Farley posted excerpts of that interview here: http://educationforu...30

The John Armstrong papers at Poage Library include a folder on Harry Dean: http://digitalcollec.../id/5217/rec/35

Paul, what do you think about the idea that if Oswald was groomed for his patsy role and part of that was to have him kill Walker. Silly, isn't it? Walker was the 'boss'. The purpose of this shot was to not kill but to put Walker in a particular position from which he could logically distance himself from the JFK assassination so if Oswald was involved at this point what sort of knowledge would he have at this point as opposed to after nov 22?

John, the time-frame is the key to your scenario. As I read it, Walker chose to make Oswald the patsy only after Oswald (and at least one other person) tried to kill Walker.

Once the motive of revenge is added to the plot to make Oswald (specifically) into the patsy for a longer-range conspiracy, the puzzle pieces snap together.

I believe that Oswald (and at least one other person) tried to actually assassinate ex-General Walker. This fits in well with the Dallas Police Department reports of the shooting. Walker's "firing squad" execution was to be his punishment for causing the race riots at Ole Miss University only 7 months previous to this assassination attempt, IMHO.

My theory fits nicely with the confession of Volkmar Schmidt who admitted he tried for hours to persuade Lee Harvey Oswald to transfer his anger from the Bay of Pigs tragedy toward ex-General Walker. Volkmar Schmidt and many others at that February party (i.e. Michael Paine and George De Mohrenschildt) were also enemies of ex-General Edwin Walker. They cheered for Schmidt.

It was shortly after Schmidt's "brainwashing" sessions of Oswald that Oswald bought his fire arms, started making photographs of himself, and also started taking photographs of Walker's home at 4011 Turtle Creek Blvd.

Four days after the 10 April 1963 shooting at Walker, George De Mohrenschildt told his friends, Mr. and Mrs. Igor Voshinin that he suspected Oswald of the April shooting, and Mrs. Voshinin told the FBI that very day. (This is according to Dick Russell, TMWKTM, 2002).

I presume that the FBI warned Walker that very day. This means that Walker found out on Easter Sunday of that same week that Lee Harvey Oswald was his (suspected) shooter. Yet Oswald was not in custody. Thus Walker concluded that the Kennedys wanted him dead (over Ole Miss) and that they sent their errand boy, Lee Harvey Oswald, to do the job. But he failed, and the Kennedys protected him. (This fairy tale is a story Walker repeated for decades after the JFK assassination, as shown by his archived personal papers at the Briscoe Center for American History.)

Therefore, Walker chose to make Oswald his patsy exactly on Easter Sunday, 1963.

Now -- just because Volkmar Schmidt successfully brainwashed Lee Harvey Oswald to go after General Walker -- this does not mean that he also successfully changed Oswald's attitude of blaming JFK for the Bay of Pigs. As Loran Hall told Sylvia Odio, "this Oswald says you Cubans don't have any guts, and you should have killed Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs."

So, Oswald's old sentiments evidently made a resurgence later in 1963.

It seems to me that the Warren Commission moved heaven and earth to conceal and protect the accomplices of Lee Harvey Oswald -- but when they caught Oswald they certainly caught one of the conspirators. I think that Gerry Patrick Hemming -- in attempting to buy Oswald's rifle on the very day of the JFK assassination -- demonstrated that he, too, was another one of the conspirators.

Were Loran Hall and Lawrence Howard also conspirators? They were almost certainly connected with Gerry Patrick Hemming and also ex-General Edwin Walker. The closer they get to Walker, the more I suspect them of actually being in the JFK assassination ground-crew.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Quote: Furthermore -- Loran Hall told Bill Turner that after examining a photograph of the epileptic man's seizure in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63, that he was sure the man was Gerry Patrick Hemming. "The nose is unmistakable," he said.

I put it that Hall is spreading disinfo here, as, for my money, Hemming is the single most reliably identifiable non-Dallasite in the immediate post-assassination photos of Dealey. If he had been ambulanced away during an earlier faked tremor, it would be counterproductive of him to return a half-hour later, in time for the shooting.

I'd like to see some photos of the seizure-ambulance incident.

David, I too, would very much like to see some photos of the the seizure-ambulance incident. If I find some, I'll post a link. If you find some, please do the same.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

....For several months I've been chasing down details of Harry's claim, and I recently obtained copies of Jim Garrison's interview of Loran Hall on 6 May 1968. I find the contents illuminating, and I'd like to pass my observations by this FORUM for your comments.

Michael, I'm familiar with Lee Farley's thread on Loran Hall, Edwin Walker and Warren Reynolds -- he was asking why Loran Hall told Jim Garrison (in 1968) about a "queer" relationship between Warren Reynolds and ex-General Edwin Walker as early as October, 1963.

(The word "queer" was Hall's word as he described Reynolds and Walker to Bill Turner, and Turner gave these notes to Garrison before Garrison's interview of Hall.)

I believe a homosexual relationship between Reynolds nad Walker can be judiciously discerned in their Warren Commission testimony. If so, this gives weight to Loran Hall's information to Jim Garrison.

I'm not interested in gay-bashing -- the important thing is that if Loran Hall was telling the truth about this, then he proved that Walker was lying to the Warren Commission.

Well -- I've always thought that Walker lied to the Warren Commission -- up, down and sideways. Ex-General Edwin Walker had nothing but contempt for Chief Justice Earl Warren -- and he'd held Warren in contempt since 1959, when Walker was anguishing over his role of racially integrating Little Rock High School in 1957, and thinking about joining the John Birch Society (JBS).

One of the enduring slogans of the JBS over the decades has been, "Impeach Earl Warren!" This is because Earl Warren made himself contemptible to American segregationists over his "Brown v. the Board of Education" decision in 1954.

So -- Walker despised Warren and had no respect whatsoever for his Commission. Walker was the one who insisted that the Warren Commission interview Warren Reynolds -- one of the most useless interviews in all 26 volumes of the Warren Report. Why? Probably because he was sweet on Reynolds, and wanted to get Reynolds some publicity and money for interviews and so on. Reynolds had nothing to add besides his DPD report that he chased somebody who looked like Oswald a block from the Tippit crime scene.

It makes more sense to me that Warren Reynolds was a member of the Dallas Minutemen (a fairly secretive organization) and knew Walker from training exercizes in that organization, and they started a relationship, probably in mid-1963 (when Walker moved largely underground after the 10 April 1963 attempt on his life).

I think Loran Hall was telling the truth about that meeting -- but I also think Loran Hall was lying to Jim Garrison about how many times he had actually met ex-General Edwin Walker.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

The John Armstrong papers at Poage Library include a folder on Harry Dean: http://digitalcollec.../id/5217/rec/35

Michael, I believe the John Armstrong papers merely reflect a mock-up interview of Harry Dean by W.R. Morris, who tried and failed to be Harry Dean's literary representative.

I've seen so many material errors in W.R. Morris' version of Harry Dean's story that I cannot accept Morris' word for anything, anymore. Morris was a sloppy reporter who cared less for the facts than for sensationalism.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Michael, I believe the John Armstrong papers merely reflect a mock-up interview of Harry Dean by W.R. Morris, who tried and failed to be Harry Dean's literary representative.

I've seen so many material errors in W.R. Morris' version of Harry Dean's story that I cannot accept Morris' word for anything, anymore. Morris was a sloppy reporter who cared less for the facts than for sensationalism.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

I know that Harry Dean has made his feelings about Morris known on this Forum more than once.

John

The writer, W. R. Morris made such statements and attributed them to me {after we appeared on what was called the TOM SNYDER SHOW in New York} I refused to cooperate with him about writing a book. [We fell out]. He continued to write and involve me, using much of his own information and ideas which I 'much later' discovered. The 'exact information' is on the CD ROM titled ' YORK AND THE RAPE OF JUSTICE Connection to The JFK Assassination ' M/S Book I had to write in 1991. You can use the section of that CD pertaining to it's entire, documented facts, on your JFK site for the benifit of your interested members if you wish. The CD will answer all questions much better than I can here.

Sincerely, Harry Dean.

Paul, I'm sure you have read all the Forum threads on Harry Dean, and the Armstrong stuff as well. I posted those links more for others who may not have seen them.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

I know that Harry Dean has made his feelings about Morris known on this Forum more than once.

Paul, I'm sure you have read all the Forum threads on Harry Dean, and the Armstrong stuff as well. I posted those links more for others who may not have seen them.

Michael, my objections to W.R. Morris and his account are independent of Mr. Dean's objections. For example, Dean's manuscript, Crosstrails, names two Hispanic Americans at the alleged meeting in September 1963 with Congressman John Rousselot and ex-General Edwin Walker, namely, Loran Hall and Lawrence Howard.

Yet, following W.R. Morris, the Spartacus entry on Harry Dean has for years posted on the internet (and continues to post) an erroroneous claim that Harry Dean named David Ferrie's associate, Eladio Del Valle as an attendee at the JBS meeting in quesion. Such clumsiness is simply misleading.

I believe such errors are due to sloppy reporting on the part of W.R. Morris, and not due to any deliberate disinformation strategy -- but his errors are so wide-spread that they are continually repeated, and they can lead readers on wild goose chases (and I say this from experience).

So, I do appreciate, Michael, that you wish to share Morris' copious words about Harry Dean, but please appreciate that I will share a warning label on Morris' material whenever I can.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

The manuscript/book titled YORK & THE RAPE OF JUSTICE

CONNECTION TO THE JFK ASSASSINATION was written in

1990. It was first distributed 10 March 1991.

The manuscript/book titled CROSSTRAILS was written in 2000

and first distributed 31 August 2001.

Both, in 2000, became chapters along with other writings, all

are collected under the title of CROSSTRAILS

...I recently obtained copies of Jim Garrison's interview of Loran Hall on 6 May 1968. I find the contents illuminating, and I'd like to pass my observations by this FORUM for your comments.

(I don't currently have these legal documents available in digital format, but to help newbies get started with this topic, one can review a 1968 National Enquirer article at this URL:

http://www.pet880.co...Enquirer_NB.pdf which mentions the fact that Jim Garrison interviewed Loran Hall.)

Michael, the thread you cited from Lee Farley posts only a few excerpts of that interview; Lee was interested in the question of whether Warren Reynolds actually knew ex-General Walker before February, 1964 -- which was the date that Walker, under oath, told the Warren Commission he'd met Reynolds.

Loran Hall probably didn't know that he was accusing General Walker of perjury -- but he was.

Loran Hall was not an educated man. He wasn't a fool -- and he could speak fairly well in public -- and he was shrewd -- and he was a capable military operative. But Loran Hall wasn't educated.

For example, when Dr. Robert Morris, the famous attorney, put up $5,000 in October 1963 to bail Hall and Seymour out of the Dallas County jailhouse, Loran Hall knew that Robert Morris was a d a respected "citizen" of Dallas society, but did he know that Morris was also the founder of DAL (Defenders of American Liberty), founder of DCLU (Dallas Civil Liberties Union), sponsor of the YAF (Young Americans for Freedom), sponsor of CUSA (Conservatism USA), a candidate for New Jersey Senator in 1958 and planned to run for Texas Senator in 1964? Did he know that Robert Morris was an ardent Anticommunist since the days of Senator Joe McCarthy, and generously supported the John Birch Society and H.L. Hunt's Life Line radio program?

More urgently, did Loran Hall know that Robert Morris was the brilliant lawyer who convinced a Mississippi Grand Jury to set ex-General Edwin Walker free after Walker's obvious leading role in the Ole Miss riots of September, 1962? Did Hall know that Robert Morris earnestly represented Edwin Walker in multiple lawsuits against several US newspapers for printing the truth about Walker's Ole Miss role -- and seeking up to $30 million of damages for libel -- knowing full well that there was no libel at all?

Perhaps -- but I sort of doubt it, because Loran Hall served up Robert Morris' name to Jim Garrison as if he were simply another rich lawyer. Jim Garrison seemed to miss the connection, also.

The Anticommunist ultra-right formed a fairly small cosmos. Also, they were far from coordinated, far from cooperative with each other; they continually competed for leadership. Loran Hall wound up with more than his share of the grunt work. (Which is probably why Robert Morris bailed him out.)

Here is where the connections become very deep, IMHO. Here is where the actual plotting for November 22, 1963 becomes palpable.

Unfortunately, Lee Farley's thread did not delve into this aspect of the Loran Hall question. Several weeks ago I replied to Lee's thread -- the Warren Reynolds' story was a wild goose chase, a colossal waste of time. But Loran Hall indicated that Warren Reynolds was part of the ultra-right movement in late 1963 -- and therefore he might have also been a ground-level conspirator.

Loran Hall was seen with Lee Harvey Oswald in September, 1963, by Sylvia Odio and her sister. Sylvia Odio was called neurotic by the Warren Commission, but the HSCA took her seriously. She told the HSCA that she knew it was Lee Harvey Oswald because, actually, she had seen him before at other Cuban Exile rallies. He even spoke at them.

Notice how close Loran Hall came to actually naming ex-General Edwin Walker as the central conspirator in the JFK assassination in that 1968 article in the National Enquirer: http://www.pet880.co...Enquirer_NB.pdf

In that article Loran Hall used the term, "ex-military" to describe the plotters. That's a generic term -- but there was only one US General in the entire 20th century who actually resigned from the Army. That was ex-General Walker.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

John, the time-frame is the key to your scenario. As I read it, Walker chose to make Oswald the patsy only after Oswald (and at least one other person) tried to kill Walker.

Once the motive of revenge is added to the plot to make Oswald (specifically) into the patsy for a longer-range conspiracy, the puzzle pieces snap together.

I believe that Oswald (and at least one other person) tried to actually assassinate ex-General Walker. This fits in well with the Dallas Police Department reports of the shooting. Walker's "firing squad" execution was to be his punishment for causing the race riots at Ole Miss University only 7 months previous to this assassination attempt, IMHO.

My theory fits nicely with the confession of Volkmar Schmidt who admitted he tried for hours to persuade Lee Harvey Oswald to transfer his anger from the Bay of Pigs tragedy toward ex-General Walker. Volkmar Schmidt and many others at that February party (i.e. Michael Paine and George De Mohrenschildt) were also enemies of ex-General Edwin Walker. They cheered for Schmidt.

It was shortly after Schmidt's "brainwashing" sessions of Oswald that Oswald bought his fire arms, started making photographs of himself, and also started taking photographs of Walker's home at 4011 Turtle Creek Blvd.

Four days after the 10 April 1963 shooting at Walker, George De Mohrenschildt told his friends, Mr. and Mrs. Igor Voshinin that he suspected Oswald of the April shooting, and Mrs. Voshinin told the FBI that very day. (This is according to Dick Russell, TMWKTM, 2002).

I presume that the FBI warned Walker that very day. This means that Walker found out on Easter Sunday of that same week that Lee Harvey Oswald was his (suspected) shooter. Yet Oswald was not in custody. Thus Walker concluded that the Kennedys wanted him dead (over Ole Miss) and that they sent their errand boy, Lee Harvey Oswald, to do the job. But he failed, and the Kennedys protected him. (This fairy tale is a story Walker repeated for decades after the JFK assassination, as shown by his archived personal papers at the Briscoe Center for American History.)

Therefore, Walker chose to make Oswald his patsy exactly on Easter Sunday, 1963.

Now -- just because Volkmar Schmidt successfully brainwashed Lee Harvey Oswald to go after General Walker -- this does not mean that he also successfully changed Oswald's attitude of blaming JFK for the Bay of Pigs. As Loran Hall told Sylvia Odio, "this Oswald says you Cubans don't have any guts, and you should have killed Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs."

So, Oswald's old sentiments evidently made a resurgence later in 1963.

It seems to me that the Warren Commission moved heaven and earth to conceal and protect the accomplices of Lee Harvey Oswald -- but when they caught Oswald they certainly caught one of the conspirators. I think that Gerry Patrick Hemming -- in attempting to buy Oswald's rifle on the very day of the JFK assassination -- demonstrated that he, too, was another one of the conspirators.

Were Loran Hall and Lawrence Howard also conspirators? They were almost certainly connected with Gerry Patrick Hemming and also ex-General Edwin Walker. The closer they get to Walker, the more I suspect them of actually being in the JFK assassination ground-crew.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Ok, Paul. Just trying to get this right. When was the shooting, who knew and when knew of it and when did Walker become cognisant of it and then how long did he take to pick Oswald and based of what and what is that whats timeline?

Ok, Paul. Just trying to get this right. When was the shooting, who knew and when knew of it and when did Walker become cognisant of it and then how long did he take to pick Oswald and based of what and what is that whats timeline?

John, here's my take on the timeline. The Walker shooting was on 10 April 1963, but we need to start six months before that.

(1) Ex-General Edwin Walker played a leading role in the riots of Ole Miss University on the evening of 30 September 1962, in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed as thousands of rightist, armed segregationists, responding to Walker's radio and television calls, descended upon Jackson Mississippi to protest the application of a black student, James Meredith, to the formerly all-white University of Mississippi at Oxford.

(1.1) President JFK had also sent thousands of federal troops to Ole Miss, to ensure that James Meredith was allowed to register. This was in obedience to a Supreme Court ruling that all public schools were obliged to admit qualifying students regardless of race. (There was also a precedent; President Eisenhower had also used federal troops in 1957 to integrate Little Rock High School in Arkansas. Ironically, General Walker would be the officer to carry out Ike's orders!)

(1.2) JFK's federal troops got there first, and set up road-blocks, and confiscated many fire-arms, but otherwise allowed protestors to go through Jackson to Oxford, Mississippi in what they hoped would be a peaceful protest.

(1.3) The protests were not peaceful -- students attacked the federal troops with bricks, bats, pipes, rocks and other things to throw. The federal troops responded with tear gas, for the most part. Most of injuries were sustained by the federal troops. The protesting students also destroyed cars, trucks and much property, and trashed the campus. Those killed were a French reporter and a local grounds-keeper.

(1.4) Walker was witnessed leading a charge, and instructing students to make other charges, including a charge with a stolen bulldozer and a stolen fire-truck. Nobody less than an Oxford priest, Reverend Duncan Gray, Jr. (now an Episcopal Bishop) witnessed Walker's violent temper and rage in leading the students.

(1.5) Although RFK arrested Walker the next day and had him committed to insane asylum for a 90-day evaluation, Walker's lawyers got Walker out in 5 days.

(2) Less than 4 months later, Walker's lawyers (Robert Morris and Clyde Watts) convinced a Mississippi Grand Jury to drop all charges against Walker.

(2.1) After his acquittal in late January, 1963, Watts and Morris and Walker decided to sue US newspapers who wrote bad things about Walker -- they were aiming for $30 million in damages (which amounts to $300 million in today's dollars).

(3) This blatant travesty of justice enraged liberal Americans in Dallas including Michael Paine, Ruth Paine, George De Mohrenshildt, Jeanne De Mohrenshildt, Volkmar Schmidt and many others. Schmidt held a party shortly after these events (in late January, 1963) and George De Mohrenschildt ensured that Lee Harvey Oswald and his wife would also attend.

(3.1) Lee Harvey Oswald had been making rightist noises to George De Mohrenshildt and others, saying that JFK was sorely to blame for the tragedy of the Bay of Pigs. George De Mohrenschildt and Volkmar Schmidt agreed to try a psychological experiment on Lee Oswald. Schmidt (an engineer at Mobile Oil) called it an "anger transference" of sorts, and he worked on Oswald for perhaps two hours to transfer Oswald's anger over the Bay of Pigs to anger over ex-General Edwin Walker's crimes at Ole Miss University.

(3.2) The politics of Lee Harvey Oswald tended to favor the underdog. The Cuban Exiles who were killed and tortured following the Bay of Pigs disaster were underdogs. But racial minorities trying to get an even break were also underdogs -- and Lee Harvey Oswald could empathize with the civil rights case of James Meredith.

(4) The psychological session was a success. On or about 28 January 1962 Oswald ordered a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson revolver by mail.

(4.1) George De Mohrenschildt continued to work on Oswald, calling General Walker, "General Fokker". This was a continuing effort throughout February 1963.

(4.2) In the second week of March 1963, Oswald began taking photographs of the home of ex-General Edwin Walker, and also mail-ordered a rifle from Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago.

(4.3) In the final week of March 1963, Oswald received his weapons.

(4.4) On the last day of March 1963, Oswald instructed Marina to take a picture of him holding his weapons as well as two leftist newspapers, one of which compared ex-General Edwin Walker with Hitler.

(4.5) Oswald abused his privileges at his photographic job at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall, making "photoshop" duplications of the single picture that Marina took, with different dimensions and so on. He sent one of the photos to The Militant newspaper. He sent one of the photos to George De Mohrenshildt, with the writing on the back, "To George, Hunter of Fascists, ha-ha".

(4.6) On or about 1 April 1963, Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall fires Oswald. Oswald would not tell Marina he was fired for several weeks.

(5) On Wednesday 10 April 1963 Lee Harvey Oswald, along with at least one accomplice (according to DPD eye-witness reports) attempted and failed to assassinate ex-General Edwin Walker.

(6) On Saturday 13 April 1963, an anxious George and Jeanne De Mohrenschildt pushed through a 10PM plan to search the Oswald home for confirmation of their nightmare suspicions -- that they had created a monster.

(6.1) They woke the Oswalds out of bed, smiled in their faces, gave them a toy Easter bunny for the baby, and George occupied Lee as Jeanne pretended to admire their apartment.

(6.2) When Jeanne De Mohrenschildt found Oswald's rifle, complete with scope, she shouted this fact out to George in the other room.

(6.3) George De Mohrenshildt then asked his famous joke -- "Lee, did you take a pot-shot at General Walker?"

(6.4) Lee and Marina froze and looked at each other in puzzlement -- then George broke out laughing. Then everybody laughed.

(6.5) Then George and Jeanne De Mohrenschildt excused themselves, drove away, and never saw the Oswalds together again.

(7) The next morning, Easter Sunday 14 April 1963, George De Mohrenshildt had to tell somebody of this suspicions and confirmation, so he visited his Russian friends Mr. and Mrs. Igor Voshinin about his suspicions that Oswald was (one of) the shooters on 10 April 1963.

(7.1) Mrs. Voshinin called the FBI that very morning (according to Dick Russell, TMWKTM).

(7.2) IMHO, the FBI or some other Government agency called ex-General Edwin Walker to warn him about the report, and to urge caution.

(8) There is the set-up.

(8.1) If Walker knew about Lee Harvey Oswald before this point, it was only in passing -- i.e. the scandal of Oswald's living in Russia for two years might have obtained a raised eyebrow.

(8.2) But a bullet in one's bedroom is cutting it too close. IMHO, Walker got personally involved at this point -- Easter Sunday, 1963.

(9) In my current theory, Edwin Walker, who is already animately opposed to JFK and RFK on a political and personal level, and has already conferred with Minutemen, Cuban Exiles and other rightist extremists (e.g. at Ole Miss), now chose to take matters into his own paramilitary hands.

(10) One of his first acts would be to call his compatriot, Guy Banister (a Minuteman) and ask for Cuban Exile help in dealing with Lee Harvey Oswald. He tried to kill a fellow Minuteman at home.

(11) Guy Banister sprung into action through his sidekick, David Ferrie, who coincidentally knew Lee Harvey Oswald since puberty. (This is all still in mid-April 1963).

(12) Banister and Ferrie complete their plans -- they will tempt Lee Harvey Oswald to come to New Orleans to train Cuban Exiles, and play the role of a double-agent!

(12.1) Big money could be involved - and even a big parade - if he could fake his way into Cuba and be the one to kill Castro.

(12.2) But he will need fake Communist credentials -- it is well-known that FPCC officers could get into Cuba without waiting! Could Oswald do that?

(12.3) Banister and Ferrie would provide two propaganda experts -- Carlos Bringuier (DRE) and Ed Butler (INCA) who would get Oswald newspaper, radio and TV publicity!

(12.4) Oswald was elated and signed up for the job.

(12.5) On or about 17 April 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald made plans to move to New Orleans -- fast.

(12.6) Marina was relieved to get Lee Oswald out of Dallas.

(12.7) Ex-General Walker probably chuckled and rubbed his hands together ominously.

That's the timeline as I see it, John. Now, who knew of it and when, you ask?

I believe that George and Jeanne De Morhenschildt suspected it immediately when the Dallas Morning News published the story on Thursday 11 April 1963. They suspected it because they remembered the party in which Volkmar Schmidt brainwashed Lee Harvey Oswald to hate Walker. Volkmar Schmidt also admitted that he suspected it as soon as he heard the news -- but he quickly blocked it out of this mind. Michael and Ruth Paine probably suspected it, too (and I strongly suspect that they never told the full truth about the Oswald-Walker episode, even though they were asked several times about it during the Warren Commission Hearings, where they continually denied any knowledge at all about the events). Anybody who was at that party must have suspected Oswald, just as the De Mohrenschildt's did.

Four days after the shooting -- on Easter Sunday 14 April 1963 -- De Mohrenschildt told the Voshinins, so they knew it, and they told the FBI, so the FBI knew about it on that same day, and whatever intelligence agencies they were obliged to inform; they also knew it -- and of course ex-General Edwin Walker also knew it on Easter Sunday,

IMHO, Walker told Banister and Ferrie that very same Easter Sunday, so they probably knew it on the same day. It is possible that Carlos Bringuier and Ed Butler might have also learned about it that very Easter Sunday. IMHO, Easter Sunday is the pivotal day of the patsification of Lee Harvey Oswald.

As for Loran Hall and Lawrence Howard, I believe they come into the picture many months later -- as late as September, 1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I think...

I'm contemplating a worksheet with this and the more I do the more complex it seems. There is a lot of extraneous data and it's hard to objectively weigh all within a correct analysis. I'm working onm some other sheets that indirectly helps but are still primary. I think things can be seen but this list is not complete neither in events nor persons.