The Education Forum

JFK Presidential Limousine SS-100-X Documentary

A terrific new one-hour documentary on the limousine in which JFK was riding when he was assassinated debutes on the SPEED channel on Nov. 10. Here is a link to the full November schedule:

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/323/

In addition to discussing the design and construction of the limo, the program will contain excellent footage of JFK and the limo in its various parade environments. There will also be an extensive section on the assassination, focusing on the examination of the limo in the White House Garage as well as information related in the Ferguson Memo. There will be an interview with Vaughn Ferguson's widow, Catherine, as well. And, of course, I am interviewed in it too.

Pamela McElwain-Brown :blink:

The HSCA limo diagram II-19 gives many of the length and width measurements.

Pamela

Edited by Pamela McElwain-Brown

Apologies; am having a bit of difficulty loading the attachment, and ended up with 2 posts.

Here is a link to HSCA diagram II-19:

http://www.mindspring.com/~pamelajfk/hscaii-19.bmp

Pamela B)

Edited by Pamela McElwain-Brown

• 4 weeks later...

The limo documentary aired tonight at 8 pm EST, and I was very lucky to have a running commentary of most of it from a wonderful family member in outstate Minnesota who taped it for me tonight as their cable company carries the SPEED channel whereas mine in the Twin Cities does not. It seems to be pretty fast-paced, covers a lot of ground, spends less time on the post-assassination issues than I would like but does a very good job all around. Many limo people are interviewed, many are conspiracy-oriented (of course I am) and we are 'balanced' by Gary Mack. An added perk -- they're using my voice in the commercial, when I talked about the fact that in its open configuration the car couldn't protect JFK. And I am delighted that there are other women interviewed as well, in addition to Catherine Ferguson.

Just a note about the studio where this program was developed -- WATVProductions in West LA is in a big new brick warehouse-type building; very open and unpretentious, cubes are kind of made with wood. Yet everywhere you turn there are cars items -- books, photos, models, parts. It is a car lover's dream. I would have loved to hang out there for a week or so. They have one small studio where the experts treck in and out as they prepared this show and the nine other programs in their "Behind the Headlights" series (plus others as well).

Pamela :ph34r:

I saw it, and was lucky enough to tape it. It was a good documentary, and even though I had some of the footage on my computer, it's a good thing to have it on tape, too. I'd known the limo was at the Ford museum, but I hadn't seen any footage or images on what it looks like now, so that was good to have.

I'm glad you liked the documentary Nic. It is amazing that the car was used at all after the assassination, much less rebuilt and used by LBJ, Nixon and even Carter. The rebuilt car, on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, is a must-see for anyone visiting that part of Michigan. The interior dimensions are in many ways the same, although with a permanent privacy window. The car as it is today is a stunning reminder, not only of the assassination, but of the complexity of the workings of our government.

Pamela

Just a note that I have phoned the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI to make sure they were aware of the limo documentary airing (they weren't) and to suggest that they work with WATVProductions to sell copies of the video at the HFM.

In the meantime, if anyone within the viewing area of the SPEED channel is interested in making copies of any of the subsequent showings to share with other researchers it would be terrific. The SPEED channel has changed the airings slightly so please check their schedule before programming a vcr.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/323/

Currently, the remaining airings are at Fri, Nov 12 5:30PM EST

Presidential Limo Sun, Nov 21 9:00PM EST

Presidential Limo Sun, Nov 21 1:00AM EST

Presidential Limo Sun, Nov 28 10:00PM EST

I will also be making copies as time permits after I receive my copy.

Pamela

Hi Nic,

I just read your favorite actress is Marilyn Monroe. Why's that? She died long before you were born. Do you have any opinion about her death?

Wim

I constantly say that I'm stuck in every generation I wasn't alive in, and it's true. When I was on vacation, I was listening to the 40's, 50's, and 60's stations on XM Radio ( but not the 70's.. the rock was good, but I hate disco ) - I love classic TV ( Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith Show, Get Smart ) - and classic movies ( Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, et cetera ). I'm between opinions on Marilyn's death at the moment, as to a Who-Dun-It, but I do believe it was a murder by enema judging on the medical evidence. However, as an everlasting comment to my dorkiness, here's a picture to check out. It's off-topic, so I've just linked it.

Picture of one of the Walls in my Room - Monroe, Cher, & Def Leppard

Anyway.. I'd gladly make copies of my tape to share with other researchers - it was taped on SP format in my room, so..

Al said:

Excellent Documentary! One of the best I have seen in some time. You did an excellent job with your input! I did not tape it the first time around, but will in the future as this program needs to be shared.

Again, thanks for your excellent contribution.

I appreciate your support Al. It was an amazing project to be involved with. I am very appreciative of all the input and suggestions I was encouraged to give, as well as being interviewed. It is so important to have a conspiracy viewpoint presented cogently in tv programs.

I appreciate your being willing to tape the program again for sharing.

Pamela :plane

Nic said:

Anyway.. I'd gladly make copies of my tape to share with other researchers - it was taped on SP format in my room, so..

Thank you!

Pamela :)

Pamela, I am very proud of you, even if I have always been. November 22 is coming soon, but there is still time for each one of us who knows quite a bit about the JFK assassination to interest our local TV and radio stations, and newspapers, to air or publish stories on the subject. Just call them up and you may be surprised to hear their interest. They might invite you in studio! Since most of the radio stations in North America air on Internet, we may able to hear you.

I think it is time for me to update my photo!

Edited by Denis Morissette

I'd like a copy, Nic. Where can I send you the payment and postage for copying it

and sending it off to me?

Thanks,

Ter

tmauro@pacbell.net

P.S. When I was 10 years old, and in May of 1955, Marilyn Monroe was headlining the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus' opening night at Madison Square Garden. I had been badgering my Dad for months prior to the event that I just had to see her, as she had always been my favorite. She had a special appeal to children due to her child-like qualities that came across so readily on the silver, as well as, the technicolor screen. At least, that's how I perceived her to be, when I was a child. Anyway, she headed the parade around the Garden riding on an elephant that had been painted pink for the occasion. Martha Raye was also riding on a float behind her, if I remember correctly. We had seats in the front row of the Mezzanine right above her as she road by, blowing kisses to us.

Edited by Terry Mauro