The Education Forum

JFK Presidential Limousine SS-100-X Documentary

Pamela, I am very proud of you, even if I have always been.

*Thank you Denis! I appreciate your ongoing support.

November 22 is coming soon, but there is still time for each one of us who knows quite a bit about the JFK assassination to interest our local TV and radio stations, and newspapers, to air or publish stories on the subject. Just call them up and you may be surprised to hear their interest. They might invite you in studio! Since most of the radio stations in North America air on Internet, we may able to hear you.

*Good point. I've talked with a couple of local papers, but they are not really excited about a documentary that isn't available in the inner suburbs of the Twin Cities. However, I think I'll call some radio stations. That's a great idea. I did do an internet radio interview a couple of years ago, I think I'll track them down too.

I think it is time for me to update my photo!

*I like your photo. Mine John Simkin extracted from one at my website. I think my face looks kinda squashed. :D

Pamela :D

Pamela, I am very proud of you, even if I have always been.

*Thank you Denis! I appreciate your ongoing support.

November 22 is coming soon, but there is still time for each one of us who knows quite a bit about the JFK assassination to interest our local TV and radio stations, and newspapers, to air or publish stories on the subject. Just call them up and you may be surprised to hear their interest. They might invite you in studio! Since most of the radio stations in North America air on Internet, we may able to hear you.

*Good point. I've talked with a couple of local papers, but they are not really excited about a documentary that isn't available in the inner suburbs of the Twin Cities. However, I think I'll call some radio stations. That's a great idea. I did do an internet radio interview a couple of years ago, I think I'll track them down too.

I think it is time for me to update my photo!

*I like your photo. Mine John Simkin extracted from one at my website. I think my face looks kinda squashed. :D

Pamela ;)

Your photo gives you a mysterious look, so it very appropriate for a subject like the JFK assassination.

If I remember correctly, the battery of your cell phone died during the interview you gave. :D I hope you'll find a radio or tv station or newspaper that will carry some story about the JFK assassination. When I thought who could make a good show on radio, the first name that came up in my mind was Bill Miller!

Great story, Terry. What an image.  Oh to have the super 8 of that memory!

Hey I hear you and James are up for "Best Hair" award (wink)

Best

C

Yes, it was. My Dad tried taking pictures of it, but the flash wasn't working properly, and the equipment he had, at that time, was nothing like we have

at our disposal today, of course.

And, I guess so, about the hair, I mean. LOL LLH

How are you coming along, with the flu and all? It seems to have hit quite alot earlier in the season than ever before. When you're feeling better, how about

I come down and take you to dinner, after work? Take care, Chrissy.

Warmest regards,

Ter :)

I'd like a copy, Nic.  Where can I send you the payment and postage for copying it

and sending it off to me?

Thanks,

Ter

tmauro@pacbell.net

P.S.  When I was 10 years old, and in May of 1955, Marilyn Monroe was headlining the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus' opening night at Madison Square Garden.  I had been badgering my Dad for months prior to the event that I just had to see her, as she had always been my favorite.  She had a special appeal to children due to her child-like qualities that came across so readily on the silver, as well as, the technicolor screen.  At least, that's how I perceived her to be, when I was a child.  Anyway, she headed the parade around the Garden riding on an elephant that had been painted pink for the occasion.  Martha Raye was also riding on a float behind her, if I remember correctly.  We had seats in the front row of the Mezzanine right above her as she road by, blowing kisses to us.

Awesome comment about Marilyn, I'd have loved to see her - she was so gorgeous. :)

I'll go to the store tomorrow and look into buying a tape, then get the shipping quote, and email you. ;)

Awesome comment about Marilyn, I'd have loved to see her - she was so gorgeous. ;)

I'll go to the store tomorrow and look into buying a tape, then get the shipping quote, and email you. :D

A couple of times I've gone to put roses in the holder on the door of her burial vault, on the anniversary of her death, in the cemetary over in Westwood, which is not far from me, here in Culver City. One of the times I went was in 1982, and I put the, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", cassette of Elton John's in the Blaupunkt deck of my car and had it set for, "Candle In The Wind". It was around 16:30 in the late afternoon. I had just driven over from the hospital, and placed the roses in the cup, paid my respects, and went back to sit in my car, as you're allowed to drive into the cemetary. I opened the doors of my Scirocco, as the speakers were located there, and started the song. There were many people there that day, and many started to cry. After the song ended, I shut off the tape, closed my doors, and slowly drove away. People applauded very softly, and it was quite a poignant moment.

If you ever come out to SoCal, I'll take you there if you wish.

Don't forget to get back to me on the tape, and the S & H, now. I'll send a money order so you don't have to deal with a bank.

Warmest regards,

Ter :)

A couple of times I've gone to put roses in the holder on the door of her burial vault, on the anniversary of her death, in the cemetary over in Westwood, which is not far from me, here in Culver City.  One of the times I went was in 1982, and I put the, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", cassette of Elton John's in the Blaupunkt deck of my car and had it set for, "Candle In The Wind".  It was around 16:30 in the late afternoon.  I had just driven over from the hospital, and placed the roses in the cup, paid my respects, and went back to sit in my car, as you're allowed to drive into the cemetary.  I opened the doors of my Scirocco, as the speakers were located there, and started the song.  There were many people there that day, and many started to cry.  After the song ended, I shut off the tape, closed my doors, and slowly drove away.  People applauded very softly, and it was quite a poignant moment. 

If you ever come out to SoCal, I'll take you there if you wish.

Don't forget to get back to me on the tape, and the S & H, now.  I'll send a money order so you don't have to deal with a bank.

Warmest regards,

Ter  :)

The most moving thing I've done, I think, was visiting Arlington a few weeks back when I was on vacation. I left white roses for all of the Kennedys, and this woman stopped my mother ( who I begged to throw the roses for me, because I have terrible aim ) and said that she thought it was a nice idea. My mother, of course, not wanting to take credit for mourning a Democrat, pointed to me and explained it was my idea.

I've taped a note to my door to not forget, so - no need to worry. :D

Nick wrote:

"The most moving thing I've done, I think, was visiting Arlington a few weeks back when I was on vacation. I left white roses for all of the Kennedys, and this woman stopped my mother ( who I begged to throw the roses for me, because I have terrible aim ) and said that she thought it was a nice idea. My mother, of course, not wanting to take credit for mourning a Democrat, pointed to me and explained it was my idea."

Nick, you win the award of the funniest post of this forum, and Terry the award of the most beautiful hair! Pamela's hair is coming second... Congradulations to both of you! :)

Nick wrote:

"The most moving thing I've done, I think, was visiting Arlington a few weeks back when I was on vacation. I left white roses for all of the Kennedys, and this woman stopped my mother ( who I begged to throw the roses for me, because I have terrible aim ) and said that she thought it was a nice idea. My mother, of course, not wanting to take credit for mourning a Democrat, pointed to me and explained it was my idea."

Nick, you win the award of the funniest post of this forum, and Terry the award of the most beautiful hair! Pamela's hair is coming second... Congradulations to both of you!  :)

Well, I'm glad you think so.. :D

Nick wrote:

Nick, you win the award of the funniest post of this forum, and Terry the award of the most beautiful hair! Pamela's hair is coming second... Congradulations to both of you!  :)

Hey Den,

Do I see you sporting camouflage BDU's in your picture?

I like the trousers for myself, and have 3 pairs in ripstop cotton: black, olive, and camo. Oh, and remember you can have the cuttings of my hair in your old age in case you ever need them. BTW, I end up having 3-4 inches taken off every 3-6 months so you're assured a constant supply. LOL

Dear Nic,

The invitation stands, if you ever decide to head out to the left coast for vacation.

Warm regards to both of you,

Ter :D

Bill Charleston,Nov 14 2004, 03:14 AM said:

Now I can get out my slide rule and figure out some details (I think I have MATHCAD on this computer so I guess I probably won't need the slide rule).

Bill, that sounds good. You are lucky to have MATHCAD. Perhaps you'll let the group see what you come up with.

Pamela B)

Denis Morissette,Nov 14 2004, 05:51 AM said:

Your photo gives you a mysterious look, so it very appropriate for a subject like the JFK assassination.

*I think that's a dazed look. I'm attaching a photo that was taken while I was having flute pictures done. We had our lifesize JFK (a gift) up in the diningroom.

If I remember correctly, the battery of your cell phone died during the interview you gave. B)

*Wow, you have a good memory. Yes it did; I finished the interview on the fax phone. I may try some radio stations, but now am locating attachments for my presentation here next week, so am enjoying the slightly slower pace.

Pamela :D

• 3 weeks later...
The terrific new one-hour documentary on the limousine in which JFK was riding when he was assassinated is receiving excellent feedback.  Thanks to so many of you for your interest and help in taping and distributing copies. 

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/323/

"Behind the Headlights: Presidential Limo" is also airing (so far) twice on December 23rd.  Please check the SPEED channel program page because they do make changes. 

Also, for anyone else who happens to be crazy about cars, check out the other programs also, especially the new one on James Dean's Fateful Ride".

Pamela McElwain-Brown ;)