The Education Forum

Felipe Vidal Santiago

John Simkin

I apologize for assuming that Shanet is a JFK researcher. I'm also glad to find out that I'm "singularly obsessed with this particular history." I didn't realize I was that far gone (it sounds like I'm mentally ill), and I appreciate Tim letting me know. Thanks, Tim.

Ron

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for assuming that Shanet is a JFK researcher. I'm also glad to find out that I'm "singularly obsessed with this particular history." I didn't realize I was that far gone (it sounds like I'm mentally ill), and I appreciate Tim letting me know. Thanks, Tim.

Ron

Ron,

Believe me, I meant that comment from a "it takes one to know one" perspective. In a more serious vein, I doubt you would deny that great effort has been made to paint all people like you and I as conspiracy nuts.

Tim

P.S. I didn't say that about you, specifically, as I hope you know. I meant to be addressing one of the pitfalls of our mutual endeavor.

Ron,

Actually, from your comments on other subjects,

I figure you're a fairly balanced person.

What do you think of the Tosh material

on the south knoll shooter --- and Tim's Classic Gunman theory?

For that matter, what is your basic theory?

The Mafia, Mafia working for the agency, strictly an intelligence job, etc.??

DO you think someone was low in the rear, like the Dal-Tex or County records?,

If yes, was that person Brading or Niccoletti or someone else?

What do you think of Jimmy Sutton/Files?

What about Hunt and Sturgis?

Tim and I both see a lot in the Watergate connection..........

You're the researcher, fill me in..........

(Others are welcome to weigh in on the overall meaning)

Shanet

Edited by Shanet Clark

Shanet,

Quoting from my biography (to which I note the link doesn't work), I believe that "JFK was assassinated by the military-industrial-intelligence complex, using anti-Castro Cubans and the Mafia in supporting roles, and with Lyndon Johnson more than happy to manage the cover-up as needed from his new home on Pennsylvania Avenue, far from any prison where he belonged and to which he might have gone were it not for Dallas."

I believe there was a shooter on the south knoll, as it makes perfect sense in terms of triangulation, and provided a straight head-on shot. It also explains the the exit wound in the right rear of JFK's head as opposed to a shot from the north knoll. This has been well argued by weapons expert Al Carrier, who has explored the area, and he has pretty well convinced me.

And there is Tosh's account, of course. He says he heard a shot from that area. I have no reason to doubt that Tosh was there as he says. I do wonder (and maybe Tosh can comment as to whether he has wondered too) if he was deliberately misled when told he was on an abort mission. Were Tosh and others potential patsies?

The evidence points to at least one shooter in the TSBD (west side) and one person who at least acted like a shooter to draw attention to Oswald's window. One shooter in Dal-Tex, and possibly one on top of the Records building, and one or two shooters on the north knoll.

As for Jimmy Files, I worked with convicts for about 20 years, and I think Files has the same amount of credibility as about 99 percent of them, which means none. But that's just guilt by association, so I'll add that his story of how things went down that morning, with him stepping in as a shooter and looking around for a spot about two hours before the shooting because Roselli got cold feet, is patently absurd. I don't think presidential assassins work in quite that fashion, just sort of winging it as they go along.

I think Hunt and Sturgis were involved someway, which is why Hunt gets "visibly uncomfortable" when asked about the subject, and why Congress couldn't find out for sure where either one of them was on 11/22/63.

They are part of the Watergate connection you mention, which I certainly see in terms of the people who were used (the burglary itself had nothing to do with Dallas), starting at the top with Richard Nixon. I think Nixon was in Dallas that morning to show his moral support for the killers.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Thank you, Ron

We are very much in agreement then.

I believe this is a rough consensus of the reasonable ones.

Shanet

Shanet,

"JFK was assassinated by the military-industrial-intelligence complex, using anti-Castro Cubans and the Mafia in supporting roles, and with Lyndon Johnson more than happy to manage the cover-up ...

I believe there was a shooter on the south knoll, as it makes perfect sense in terms of triangulation, and provided a straight head-on shot. It also explains the the exit wound in the right rear of JFK's head as opposed to a shot from the north knoll....nd there is Tosh's account, of course. He says he heard a shot from that area. I .... if he was deliberately misled when told he was on an abort mission. Were Tosh and others potential patsies?

The evidence points to at least one shooter in the TSBD (west side) and one person who at least acted like a shooter to draw attention to Oswald's window. One shooter in Dal-Tex, and possibly one on top of the Records building, and one or two shooters on the north knoll.

As for Jimmy Files, I worked with convicts for about 20 years, and I think Files has the same amount of credibility as about 99 percent of them, which means none. ....i think Hunt and Sturgis were involved someway, which is why Hunt gets "visibly uncomfortable" when asked about the subject, and why Congress couldn't find out for sure where either one of them was on 11/22/63. ...

They are part of the Watergate connection you mention, which I certainly see in terms of the people who were used (the burglary itself had nothing to do with Dallas), starting at the top with Richard Nixon. I think Nixon was in Dallas that morning to show his moral support for the killers.

Ron

Sorry for the lack of a reply. I have been swamped with work (both profit and non-profit) as well as family life. On FVS, I know very little of his personal history outside of what I learned from the man that met him in prison before his execution. I preparing to make contact with Vidal relatives in the Miami area and establish a dialogue that will hopefully lead to some useful information. I also had planned to video tape the story told by the man from the prison. He seems amenable to it but I will have to get some kind of release documents if I am to use them in any kind of public forum.

Sorry for the lack of a reply. I have been swamped with work (both profit and non-profit) as well as family life. On FVS, I know very little of his personal history outside of what I learned from the man that met him in prison before his execution. I preparing to make contact with Vidal relatives in the Miami area and establish a dialogue that will hopefully lead to some useful information. I also had planned to video tape the story told by the man from the prison. He seems amenable to it but I will have to get some kind of release documents if I am to use them in any kind of public forum. (Felipe Vidal)

Felipe,

We look forward to any developments. A video tape from the man in the prison would be fascinating.

James

Felipe, thank you for posting anything you can to shed light on history, here. I am daughter of an American pilot who flew for Cienfuegos and Menoyo.

US citizens, we lived in Havana during the height of the counterrevolution in 1960. My father, Paul Hughes and other fathers, died as result of their involvement in Cuban operations. We've all been searching many years and making important contacts.

I'm very interested in other relatives of these various operations. We all have similar questions. For instance, Masferrer's family is working on a film. The son of Gary Powers (USSR CIA ops)is working on museum and I work with them and Forgotten Families of Cold War who look for answers and truth.

Any background you can offer about your life, is helpful to the work we are doing.

Christy Cox

• 2 weeks later...
Tosh,

A year or so ago on another forum Don Roberdeau posted that the 1957 Chevrolet belonged to Vidal's brother-in-law.

Before the tag was obliterated while in DPD custody, the photo appeared in another DPD photo with the tag still intact, which appeared in Chief Curry's book "Personal Assassination File."

If Don is a member here, maybe he can say more on this.

Ron

....Good Day Ron.... Here is my "Lancer forum" post #8273 of 19DEC02

(QUOTE)

.... It is a 1957 Chevrolet "Bel Air." We still have the 37,000 mile one my Great Grandmother purchased for $2200 when she was 69 years old. :D

from my notes:

10MAR63---latest date determined that OSWALD took pictures of WALKER home, street and area with his "Imperial Reflex" camera. One of the pictures shows a 1957 Chevy parked in WALKERS driveway. When MARINA was later shown this picture on 23NOV63 the license plate of the 57 was visible. Sometime after the assassination, when DPD confiscated the photo, the license plate area was torn out. In a photo on page 133 of CURRY's 1969 book "Personal Assassination Files" the license plate is seen still intact in the photo, which is laid out with other OSWALD belongings in a 23NOV63 DPD photo.

The '57 Chev belonged to FELIPE VIDAL SANTIAGO's brother in law. Colonel BILL BISHOP drove him to Dallas from Florida in that car on more than one occasion and they were at WALKER's house at that time. VIDAL did not have a drivers license. This was confirmed by JERRY HEMMING who did not know that Col. BISHOP had already told this to researcher/author DICK RUSSEL (I think). HEMMING was not as specific. He just said it belonged to a relative of VIDAL. Apparently some in that circle believe that the WALKER shooting was a put up job and that VIDAL engineered it. That would fit with what the youngster, COLEMAN, who witnessed men leaving the scene in two vehicles said.

MAX CLAUNCH told researcher GARY SHAW that a few nights before the shooting incident he noticed a "Cuban or dark-complected man in a 1957 Chevrolet" cruise around WALKER's home several times.

10APR63@21:10---someone tries to assassinate WALKER through window of WALKER’s home. The bullet glanced off the wooden window frame and went through the wall near and slightly above WALKER's head; the wooden frame may have saved his life.

WALKER hired a private investigator to look into the assassination attempt when he grew frustrated with the efforts of the Dallas Police force. He suspected a former employee might have been involved. The crime would still be listed as unsolved on November 22, 1963.

There is local news film from that evening showing the window sash . The bullet passed slightly upward along the bottom edge of the sash, not through it. It flew over his head, almost parting his hair, went through a wall and out the other side, landing on top of a dresser or cabinet of some sort.

WALKER's chair and desk are in the collections at The Sixth Floor Museum. WALKER kept the window when he moved out in the 70's and it is reportedly in the possession of a friend or distant family member.

OSWALD had left MARINA a note telling her what to do if he was arrested, etc. MARINA OSWALD learned of her husband's act when she confronted him with the note which he had left, giving her instructions in the event he did not return. That incident, and their general economic difficulties impelled MARINA OSWALD to suggest that her husband leave Dallas and go to New Orleans to look for work.

WALTER KIRK COLEMAN, who was a 14-year-old neighbor to WALKER, told police he heard the shot and, peeking over a fence, saw some men speeding down the alley in a light green or light blue Ford, either a 1959 or 1960 model. COLEMAN got a fleeting look at one man -- of medium build with long black hair -- while the other man was hidden from his view by a tall fence (DPD Supplementary Offense Report, April 11, 1963, Officer W. E. CHAMBERS).

COLEMAN also said he saw another car, a 1958 Chevrolet black with white down the side in a church parking lot adjacent to WALKER's house. The car door was open and a man was bending over the back seat as though he was placing something on the floor of the car.

At the time of the Warren Commission, COLEMAN was not called to testify and, in fact, told WALKER he had been ordered not to discuss the incident by "authorities."

(suspected-assassin SOUTRE' was, supposedly, at the training programs of anti-Castro groups and met with Gen. WALKER-"The Deaths of the Cold War Kings")

Don

CV-67, "Big John," USS John F. Kennedy Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

---- Sherlock Holmes, "A Study In Scarlet," (1887) by A.C. DOYLE

(END QUOTE)

....and another "Lancer forum" post # 13871 of 15MAY03 where I mention SANTIAGO

(QUOTE)

.... An interesting, and persuading, photo-comparison. That is a "keeper."

Does anyone know FELIPE SANTIAGO's brother-in law's name?

FELIPE SANTIAGO's brother-in-law was an associate of forced-to-retire, ex-U.S. Army Major General, far-right, "John Birch Society" leader, EDWIN A. WALKER.

(an aside: in "The Man Who Knew Too Much" (pg562) Le CAVELIER says that WALKER had met with Frenchman JEANE CLAUDE SOUETRE', the WWII hero, anti-DeGAULLE, O.A.S.-leader, Corsican mafia assassin/drug smuggling leader while SOUETRE' was at an anti-CASTRO training camp in the U.S. in April or May, 1963)

(QUOTE From Barney's 2/2000 Stars and Stripes article)

Major General Edwin Walker was commanding the 24th Infantry Division headquartered in Augsburg, Germany, in February '61 when the division staged a night river exercise on the swollen Danube near Ingolstadt on 2/27. The pontoon bridge broke and about 50 GI's were dumped into the raging river. All but two were rescued. Stripes carried a modest story on March 1st, followed by a picture on page one of rescuers searching for the two bodies.

Next day there was a message from General Walker to our editor in chief saying: " Effect of picture on Danube in Stars and Stripes 3 March 61 on this command is negative." As assistant ME, I was asked for comment and I retorted in a memo that Walker's comment had a very negative effect on me. I pointed out that the 24th Division did everything it could to impede coverage of the story ordering all survivors and rescuers not to talk to anyone. "Anyone with any sense would have made (them) available at a press conference, or to individual reporters to emphasize the heroism and quick work that enabled all but two men to be saved. Instead, they act like they're trying to cover up a crime, or something discreditable....It's this sort of stupidity that has continually characterized Walker's relations with the press, both German and American, as well as with Stripes". I suggested we ask for an investigation of Walker's conduct in bottling up the story.

Nothing happened, but six weeks later Gen. Walker was back in the news when Overseas Weekly, the scourge of military brass (founded, incidentally by a former Stripes staffer in 1950) reported that Walker was indoctrinating his troops with John Birch society propaganda. Walker sued the OW and tried to get it banned from military newsstands. President Kennedy ordered an investigation, and Walker, ultimately, was relieved of command.

(END QUOTE)

WALKER is, of course, the same extreme right-wing fascist whom OSWALD, supposedly, tried to kill on 10APR63 at 9:10 pm.

WALTER KIRK COLEMAN, who was a 14-year-old neighbor to WALKER, told police he heard the shot and, peeking over a fence, saw some men speeding down the alley in a light green or light blue Ford, either a 1959 or 1960 model. He got a fleeting look at one man --of medium build with long black hair-- while the other man was hidden from his view by a tall fence (DPD Supplementary Offense Report, April 11, 1963, Officer W. E. Chambers). COLEMAN also said he saw another car, a 1958 Chevrolet black, with white down the side, in a church parking lot adjacent to WALKER's house. The car door was open and a man was bending over the back seat as though he was placing something on the floor of the car.

MAX CLAUNCH, a WALKER aide, told researcher GARY SHAW that a few nights before the WALKER shooting incident he noticed a "Cuban or dark-complected man in a 1957 Chevrolet" cruise around WALKER's home several times.

WALKER aide ROBERT SURREY said that on 06APR63 he saw two men prowling around WALKER's house, peeking in windows. SURREY said the pair were driving a 1963 dark purple or brown Ford with no license plates.

On 17APR63 OSWALD left Dallas to return to New Orleans on the very same day that OSWALD's best friend, GEORGE De MOHRENSCHILDT, wrote to Vice-President LYNDON BAINES JOHNSON (according to researcher BRUCE ADAMSON. Is ADAMSON's new book --last I heard, the first volume of two-- available yet?)

On 09AUG63, OSWALD, while passing out “Fair Play for Cuba” leaflets, was arrested on Canal Street in New Orleans and charged with disturbing the peace. A friend of the MURRET's, OSWALD's relatives connected to MARCELLO's mafia, bails him out late in the afternoon. The arrest was the result of a confrontation with DRE anti-Castro Cuban exile CARLOS BRINGUIER and two of his associates, MIGUEL CRUZ and CELSO HERNANDEZ. OSWALD was handing out pro-Castro leaflets, with 2 persons he had hired at $2 an hour to help him, when BRINGUIER, HERNANDEZ and CRUZ approached OSWALD. When HERNANDEZ tried to take the leaflets from OSWALD, a shouting match began; the New Orleans police then intervened, arresting all four individuals. It was widely believed this event was staged. The event and arrest was filmed by a tourist. Later review of the tourist movie film shows a man, who looks remarkably like CLAY VERNE SHAW, standing away from the event, watching it.

In one of the more astronomical-against-all-odds "coincidences" of persons related to events surrounding OSWALD, there is a tenuous thread between WALKER and OSWALD.... A St. Paul, Minnesota, man named JOHN MARTIN, who was an acquaintance of WALKERS and filmed him in his Dallas home in the late summer of 1963. Incredibly, MARTIN journeyed to New Orleans where he photographed OSWALD handing out "Fair Play for Cuba Committee" material on the same roll of film he had captured WALKER on!

(back to FELIPE' SANTIAGO's brother-in-law)

SANTIAGO's brother-in-law was the owner of the 1957 Chevrolet captured in a photo sitting in WALKER's driveway, supposedly taken by OSWALD in MAR63 while surveiling prior to shooting at WALKER.

This is the same photo where the license plate was torn/punctured out of the photo sometime after entering the DPD evidence chain, after the DPD found the photo at the PAINE's, after the assassination, but, after the Chevy photo was captured in a DPD photo --with the license plate completely intact-- that appeared in CURRY's 1969 book, "Personal Assassination File."

Very interestingly, FELIPE SANTIAGO knew Colonel HAROLD BISHOP, who also worked with the C.I.A., and, supposedly, drove FELIPE from Florida to Dallas several times.

Additionally, FELIPE and INTERPEN/C.I.A./mercenary GERALD "Gerry" PATRICK HEMMING also, supposedly, knew each other.

As I posted about a couple days ago in the "Loran Hall" thread, here is a quote from an interesting (1975, I think) interview in “Argosy Magazine” with HEMMING, that is available for all within the entire article "The Company," JFK's Murder, And The Plot To Kill Richard Nixon" here:

http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~delacova/belli...osy-hemming.htm

(QUOTE)

HEMMING: Yes, the day of the assassination, I made a call to Texas from Miami. And I pointedly asked, is Lorenzo Hall in Dallas? I made the call about 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon. He was there. My contact had seen him in Dallas the day before.

ARGOSY: Why were you suspicious of Lorenzo Hall?

HEMMING: Because he left Miami with the stated intent to get Kennedy. And he had my weapon, a Johnson 30.06 breakdown rifle with a scope on it that had been prepared for the Bay of Pigs. I'd left it with a private investigator who had previously worked under Agency auspices on the West Coast. Hall got the weapon when we ran short of funds on a return trip from L.A. to Florida, and we ended up using Hall's car.

(END QUOTE)

Don

CV-67, "Big John," USS John F. Kennedy Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

"Well, to me, it sounded high and I immediately kind of looked up, and I had a feeling that it came from the building, either right in front of me (TSBD), or, of the one across to the right of it (DAL-TEX)." (my insertions)

----MARION L. BAKER, DPD motorcycleman, describing for the very first time in his warrenatti-testimony where he thought the audible muzzle blasts he remembered hearing originated from

(END QUOTE)

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Good one, Don.

In early 1963, Vidal met with a lawyer connected to 'The Citizen's Committee To Free Cuba'. The lawyer had spoken to Henry Cabot Lodge who heard from Walt Rostow that JFK wanted to open a dialogue with Cuba. To say the least, Vidal was not impressed. IMO, this was the genesis for assassination plans with Vidal at the helm. Like a snowball, things progressed from there. With guys like Morales, Barnes and Phillips having such dire personal feelings toward JFK, it wouldn't be difficult to gather support.

Was the Walker assassination attempt a part of what was to eventually go down in Dallas? I have no doubt.

The photo below was taken in mid September of 1963 at a parade of the Antonio Maceo Battalion. Present at this parade was Bernardo De Torres, Ed Collins and allegedly Vidal. One of the exiles I have made contact with claims the '57 Chevy (left center frame with rear door open) is the same one that was at Walker's house.

Just some food for more thought.

James

Don Roberdeau 10.11.2004

from my notes:

10MAR63---latest date determined that OSWALD took pictures of WALKER home, street and area with his "Imperial Reflex" camera. One of the pictures shows a 1957 Chevy parked in WALKERS driveway. When MARINA was later shown this picture on 23NOV63 the license plate of the 57 was visible. Sometime after the assassination, when DPD confiscated the photo, the license plate area was torn out. In a photo on page 133 of CURRY's 1969 book "Personal Assassination Files" the license plate is seen still intact in the photo, which is laid out with other OSWALD belongings in a 23NOV63 DPD photo.

Great post Don Roberdeau!

Just a question that has been bothering me since I first heard the license plate had been scratched out from the photo:

How is it that Gen Walker could not identify the car or the owner of the car parked in his driveway?

The only explanation I can think of is, he didn't want to have it identified, becuase

there is something sinister about it.

Had the DPD wanted to identify the car, they could have done so.

Don Roberdeau: Very interestingly, FELIPE SANTIAGO knew Colonel HAROLD BISHOP, who also worked with the C.I.A., and, supposedly, drove FELIPE from Florida to Dallas several times.

Could this man Harold Bishop from the CIA, with ties to Cubans, actually be the man thought to have been Maurice Bishop a.k.a. David A. Phillips?

Could this man Harold Bishop from the CIA, with ties to Cubans, actually be the man thought to have been Maurice Bishop a.k.a. David A. Phillips? (Antti Hynonen)

Hi Antti,

If I mess this up, then I'm sure I will be straightened out. The uniformed man on the right below is supposedly William Bishop, the man with strong ties to Felipe Vidal Santiago.

In an interview Roy Hargraves (close friend to Vidal and fellow adventurer) gave, he claimed that he did not know this man. I believe Bishop was actually a character by the name of John Adrian O'Hare who is the first photo below.

Col. Bishop is not Maurice Bishop (David Atlee Phillips).

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

Hi Antti, I hesitate to to post again on this as I did a lengthy one a couple of

weeks ago- but it was buried in a thread and you may not have seen it. Actually the WC requested the FBI to resolve the issue of the defaced plate and there is a lengthy report in the volumes on their reply. Basically it documents DPD officers who found the photo and swore it was defaced when collected with Oswald's belongings. Also the DPD did apparently investigate the place and identified the car's owner informing the FBI of it. It was a local Walker supporter in Fort Worth who apparently frequented Walkers house.

Of course having seen the FBI effort on covering up the Odio incident its always possible to question the FBI's work - but I did want to make sure you were aware that both the DPD and FBI did tackle the issue and at least put forth an ID. I had talked with Mary Ferrell about this long ago and she dug into it and was satisfied that the car had been identified. Of course all that certainly does not mean Vidal didn't drive a 57 Chevy to Dallas either.

-- Regards, Larry

Don Roberdeau 10.11.2004

from my notes:

Just a question that has been bothering me since I first heard the license plate had been scratched out from the photo:

How is it that Gen Walker could not identify the car or the owner of the car parked in his driveway?

The only explanation I can think of is, he didn't want to have it identified, becuase

Don Roberdeau: Very interestingly, FELIPE SANTIAGO knew Colonel HAROLD BISHOP, who also worked with the C.I.A., and, supposedly, drove FELIPE from Florida to Dallas several times.

Could this man Harold Bishop from the CIA, with ties to Cubans, actually be the man thought to have been Maurice Bishop a.k.a. David A. Phillips?

Thanks Larry,

I had indeed missed that. However, now that we know that the Chevy -57 belonged to a Ft. Worth Walker supporter and that sometime after the photo was apprehended, the license plate number was scratched out, the only thing I can think of is, why? If the car belonged to a less important character in this case, why bother?

That only made the photo look more suspicous than it actually was to begin with.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanantion as to why the license plate number was sratched out?

Thanks.

Antti

Larry Hancock Posted Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Hi Antti, I hesitate to to post again on this as I did a lengthy one a couple of

weeks ago- but it was buried in a thread and you may not have seen it. Actually the WC requested the FBI to resolve the issue of the defaced plate and there is a lengthy report in the volumes on their reply. Basically it documents DPD officers who found the photo and swore it was defaced when collected with Oswald's belongings. Also the DPD did apparently investigate the place and identified the car's owner informing the FBI of it. It was a local Walker supporter in Fort Worth who apparently frequented Walkers house.

Of course having seen the FBI effort on covering up the Odio incident its always possible to question the FBI's work - but I did want to make sure you were aware that both the DPD and FBI did tackle the issue and at least put forth an ID. I had talked with Mary Ferrell about this long ago and she dug into it and was satisfied that the car had been identified. Of course all that certainly does not mean Vidal didn't drive a 57 Chevy to Dallas either.

-- Regards, Larry

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Nov 11 2004, 07:21 AM)

Don Roberdeau 10.11.2004

from my notes:

Excellant Antti, right to the point - and of course one the FBI dodged totally and the WC let them get away with.

After all, this is only one of three photos supposeldy in Oswald's possession so

its not like it removes any evidence for Oswald at least doing photo surveillance on Walker. And it seems that if the car meant something in particular to Oswald he could just destroyed that picture totally if not all of them.

So, either the car tag did mean something to Oswald...suggesting something much more complex about the Walker thing than anybody wanted to investigate.

Or the car tag meant something to the officers involved and they scratched it off and were willing to comment perjury - something that sounds pretty stupid at this distance. Or just maybe he showed the photos to somebody else who told him in no uncertain terms to get the tag off there.

I wish I could come up with something that makes sense but unless multiple DPD officers lied about it, then to me it suggests that whatever Oswald was up to in regard to Walker, there is more going on with it than just Oswald by himself and that it may well have been a different 57 Chevy than the one owned by Walker's associate. The one thing we lack in the FBI report is a quote from the DPD that they verified with the supposed Chevy owner that it was his car on the date in question - and we know the FBI did not attempt to confirm that, or if they did there is no sign of it in their report.

-- Larry