The Education Forum

Harvey and Lee: John Armstrong

How far behind everyone else do you claim Oswald is standing?

I'm not claiming anything. I am informing you that the image in which you claim Oswald is but some tiny little guy is due to perspective and focal distances.

That when you copy from one part of the image and move to another - either closer to the camera or farther away - the size comparison becomes even more obvious.

Since I am not a photogrammetry expert, and that is the only way to tell distances in a 2d representation of 3d space, we cannot know where he is standing in relation to Ferrie until much more is known about the photo.

We do know he is farther away. We do know that if this image was taken with a 35mm lens the distances would be much different than a 150mm lens from farther away.

We also know that the camera is much closer to the left side of the image than the right, which also distorts the distances.

You simply picked the wrong image with which to try and prove your argument and then acted the fool when told so....

Now, instead of being a man... you have to play the disgruntled fool.

whatever Greg... you're so transparent you might as well not even be there.

Never mind in relation to Ferrie. What about the guy closest to him with his hand on his head?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tommy - deception is still deception.

I don't need to muck up the image to prove why distance changes the size relation of things in a photo...

This is yet another failed attempt at refuting evidence with which you never aquainted yourselves to start....

And the arrogance involved in not even wanting to Google the terms "perspective" and "depth of field" to learn how wrong it was is even more of an example of the hubris this little group exhibits.

You little boys want to be right SOOOOO badly you'd resort to just about anything including deceiving the members here... and then patting each other n the backs for doing so

Well done! :up

edit: you say something parker?

Edited by David Josephs

That you bore us all to death with one poor argument after another which requires me at least to leave for a little bit soas not to deal with your poisonous BS - AND that you are waiting and watching for me - is just the way it is.

You've deceived others by posted an altered image after you already posted the actual one... and the post of the fake image has no text... hmmm

You cant seem to understand how perspective works so you will post ANYTHING and EVERYTHING but your admitting you are clueless when it comes to photographic analysis - almost if not as bad as your document analysis.

That you need to resort to Lamson-like trickery just to make a point which you couldn't to begin with is just, so, YOU. :up

So I understand you don't get photography - that you've made obvious. But you can read about how perspective works, right - you still know how to do research...

You get the basic concept that distance and focal length will distort the sizes and shapes of objects in different parts of the image.... I posted the example above.

Is changing the subject and doing the same song and dance all we're ever going to be getting from you anymore?

:zzz

So what was the answer to Greg's pertinent question "How far back from the group do you think LHO was?" One foot? Two? Five? And you think that will make a tall husky lad appear smaller than everyone else there? Even the ones stood right beside him?

But of course. You HAVE to believe it. If not you will look like an idiot who has wasted his life on a ridiculous premise when he could have used that time to enjoy it and not be the butt of everyone's jokes.

You fundamentalist freaks scare the bejesus out of me.

Never mind in relation to Ferrie. What about the guy closest to him with his hand on his head? -- Greg Parker

Greg,

That beast?

I think he went on to play linebacker for the Houston Oilers. (q.v.)

LOL

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Where Oswald is standing is at the end of a semi-circle row. The type of semi-circle row that forms around someone giving a demonstration. He is IMO, not further back than the guy next to him.

Excellent point, Greg.

A semi-circle makes sense for a cooking demonstration like that. Also as an expression of group cohesion.

Taking that into consideration, "Lee" was quite puny.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Never mind in relation to Ferrie. What about the guy closest to him with his hand on his head? -- Greg Parker

Greg,

That beast?

LOL

He was the entire scrimmage line for them, wasn't he?

So what was the answer to Greg's pertinent question "How far back from the group do you think LHO was?" One foot? Two? Five? And you think that will make a tall husky lad appear smaller than everyone else there? Even the ones stood right beside him?

But of course. You HAVE to believe it. If not you will look like an idiot who has wasted his life on a ridiculous premise when he could have used that time to enjoy it and not be the butt of everyone's jokes.

Bernie, go home. With each post you show how unprepared and foolish you are.

You've gotten to be such a sad little thing when once you actually had your own voice.

When your leader finally stops posting faith-based opinions and finds a fact or two - snowballs will fly in a very hot place....

How is it that you still refuse to look up how perspective works in photography? Ignorance must be bliss - right little man?

One more example to illustrate PERSPECTIVE and DEPTH OF FIELD...

with a higher mm lens the distances between front and back are highly skewed... you cannot use objects within the photo to judge distance since the size of objects is completely relative to its position in the image.

Obviously, the baby's head is not larger than Lovelady's. In the original image it APPEARS that they are much closer to each other than they really are

and with this copy-paste of the baby's head next to Lovelady's you hopefully understand a bit about how photography works.

Every time with you Bernie... you keep coming to this knife fight with rubber bands and chewing gum... and expect to be taken seriously.

another%20perspective%20example_zpsvee0c

Greg,

That beast?

LOL

He was the entire scrimmage line for them, wasn't he?

He was such a monster, he played both ways. Kinda like "Harvey" and "Lee".

Bernie, go home. With each post you show how unprepared and foolish you are.

You've gotten to be such a sad little thing when once you actually had your own voice.

When your leader finally stops posting faith-based opinions and finds a fact or two - snowballs will fly in a very hot place....

How is it that you still refuse to look up how perspective works in photography? Ignorance must be bliss - right little man?

One more example to illustrate PERSPECTIVE and DEPTH OF FIELD...

with a higher mm lens the distances between front and back are highly skewed... you cannot use objects within the photo to judge distance since the size of objects is completely relative to its position in the image.

Obviously, the baby's head is not larger than Lovelady's. In the original image it APPEARS that they are much closer to each other than they really are

and with this copy-paste of the baby's head next to Lovelady's you hopefully understand a bit about how photography works.

Every time with you Bernie... you keep coming to this knife fight with rubber bands and chewing gum... and expect to be taken seriously.

another%20perspective%20example_zpsvee0c

Is that Shelley or Molina behind Oswald or Lovelady?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Just received this unsolicited message from Josephs. This is the second time he has pulled this little tactical stunt...

"Maybe if you took your nose out of Greg's ass long enough to do your own thinking you wouldn't be such an asshole..."

I don't want the moderators to do anything, despite him imploring me to complain to the them. Josephs wants to be temporarily banned so he doesn't have to keep humiliating himself like this. He can write abusive messages to me all day; (he's clearly got nothing else to do with his time). it's just an admission that he can now no longer sustain this deliberate disinformation campaign, run by BIG money, called H&L.

As soon as we show rock solid proof of their utter deceit they become abusive and aggressive.

Hope I've spoiled your day!

This is Ozzie copied and placed by Ferrie and Ferrie copied and placed by Oswald...

You want to believe this is how big the boy was... no surprise given all you do is faith-based belief....

You want to prove something, prove it... ask one of your minions to work out the calcs - even they are going to ask you about perspective focal distance, lens size and depth of field.

Throwing out excuse after excuse for why it appears that way rather than understanding the Occum's razor answer only continues to make you look foolish on top of deceiptful...

thanks tommy... :sun nose brown enough for you yet or do you need a few more hours up there?

55-14%20-%20Depth%20of%20field%20v6_zpsd