The Education Forum

"....Groden goes 81-0 with Latest Win Against City Censors"

Sound like it's time for a march. A happening.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From wfaa.com

Court rules Dallas must allow conspiracy vendors at Dealey Plaza

by Brad Watson

March 5, 2013

DALLAS –– An appellate court ruled Tuesday that the city of Dallas must stop an enforcement effort against JFK conspiracy vendors selling materials at Dealey Plaza ahead of the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's assassination.

The Dallas County Criminal Court of Appeals ruled in favor of Robert Groden, a longtime conspiracy theorist and vendor who was arrested in 2010 for selling merchandise in Dealey Plaza. The appellate court upheld a lower court's decision to toss the city's case out.....

http://www.wfaa.com/...-195439101.html

He's already made a difference, by getting the Z-film on national TV he instigated the HSCA and changed history.

BK

He helped made a difference by misleading the watching nation. Any widespread doubt that ensued was seeded by the opinion of a layman. In fairness, his misinterpretation of the film was probably not an intentional effort to deceive, but I do find it incredible that he was allowed to repeat his nonsense to the HSCA.

Apparently you are the only one mislead. How did Groden mislead anyone by letting them view the film and deciding for themselves what to believe?

Groden's early work, however you want to characterize it, is what sparked the HSCA investigation, just as Oliver Stone's JFK sparked the Congressional creation of the JFK Act of 1992, both historic acts.

Baker should not let himself be so easily mislead.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

From dallasobserver.com:

Looks Like the City May Allow Free Speech on JFK 50th After All

by Jim Schutze

March 11, 2013

There are signs -- hints, indications, wisps of smoke in the wind -- suggesting we might get out of the JFK 50th observations in one piece after all. I've been quick to suggest Dallas would blow itself to smithereens with a bizarre compulsion to shut down free speech at Dealey Plaza come November 22 when the world remembers what happened here a half century ago. I guess I should acknowledge that it could also come out OK.

First good sign: the mayor of Dallas is acting like a not-totally-crazy person about it. As I report in my column in the newspaper this week, Mayor Mike Rawlings quietly met with a national umbrella group of assassination conspiracy theory experts in Washington last January when he was there for the inauguration. When he talked to me about it recently, he had generally respectful things to say about them.

The back-story here is a push by that most important of all local leaders in this politically opaque town -- the Great and Powerful "Somebody" -- to shut down Dealey Plaza with paramilitary force on November 22, specifically banishing anyone who would dare inform visiting media that some people still aren't sure who killed Kennedy.

That's crazy. Welcome to Big D.

John Judge, head of the Coalition on Political Assassinations, described three eminently reasonable compromises he put to the mayor in their meeting. The mayor acknowledged having heard most of them. Any fair-minded person would think there has to be a way forward somewhere in there. Fair-minded people are often wrong about Dallas.

"The second big indicator, however, is that the city of Dallas has raised the white flag in its emblematic persecution of conspiracy theory author Robert Groden. Groden, arrested and jailed two years ago for giving speeches and selling tracts and other literature in Dealey Plaza, won an appeal in the matter.

But back on the fair-minded thing. I should point out that this was the 81st time Groden beat Dallas. That would be ... let's see here ... yes, every single time they have ticketed or arrested him over the years. Eighty-one. And this appeal was not Groden appealing; it was the city, having already lost 80 times, appealing yet another defeat and losing for the 81st. I wish Texas Lawyer would look into whether that's a record for municipal legal defeats.

After the city informed Groden's lawyer Bradley Kizzia that it would not further appeal again, he sent out an email that began, "Praise the Lord!" That tells you something, does it not?

But, wait. Another harbinger of possible better outcomes ahead: After Groden won his appeal, The Dallas Morning News, which has a long history of trying to grind all conspiracy theorists under its inky boot heel, congratulated him and called it a victory for free speech!

No! Not kidding! You might have missed it. I did, until Kizzia called it to my attention. It was a one-paragraph item shuffled into one of those long "hits and misses" bullet-item editorials that I never read. The header for it was, "A victory for free speech."

They said, "Author and photographic evidence consultant ..."

Pause. Author and photographic consultant: Did you get that? Not necrophiliac monster xxxx slanderer of Christian mothers. Praise the Lord!

"... Robert Groden has been persistent and visible among a bevy of JFK conspiracy theorists, so much so that the city of Dallas tried to stop him from hawking conspiracy brochures and books at Dealey Plaza," the paper said last Friday.....

Full story: http://blogs.dallaso...ns_--_hints.php

Edited by Michael Hogan

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst

• 3 weeks later...