The Education Forum

On youtube there is a piece of film footage from that day showing a Ruby lookalike and LHO. Oswald climbs over the steps. I am sure it is him. The Ruby character keeps looking towards Oswald; and LHO only got down from the steps when he saw this Ruby character. I don't think the man is Ruby. But I do believe it is LHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=3-CpuEJ8mCk

If it's Ruby in disguise, maybe -- hat, dark suit jacket, more corpulent than Ruby; then that has a lot of implications here.

Kathy C

On youtube there is a piece of film footage from that day showing a Ruby lookalike and LHO. Oswald climbs over the steps. I am sure it is him. The Ruby character keeps looking towards Oswald; and LHO only got down from the steps when he saw this Ruby character. I don't think the man is Ruby. But I do believe it is LHO. (emphasis added by T. Graves)

[..]

Kathy C

Kathy,

I don't think so. That young guy looks more like a well-groomed high school student to me. His face looks different to me and It looks like he had a different hairstyle/hairline than Oswald and was wearing a traditional, collared white shirt with his unbuttonedsweater or jacket. Is there any evidence that Oswald wore a white, button up, collared shirt to work that day?

But the "detached" head of a man (in the shadows, way back in the far left hand corner on top of the steps) sure looks interesting...

Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I saw this and replied over at DPF....

While the images are too rough for an ID... there are a few signs that may help..

Looking at Ruby in Jones, he has a severe crossover when he walks, left foot to the right of the right foot...

I think the "ruby" character in the film does the same thing. yet he does seem a bit tall for it to be Ruby...

Regarding Oswald....

The similiarities are striking... yet this could not be the same person Whaley takes....

No second heavy blue/grey jacket

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn't pay much attention to it right then. But it all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed in just ordinary work clothes. It wasn't khaki pants but they were khaki material, blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki. Then he had on a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it and he had on some kind of jacket, I didn't notice very close but I think it was a work jacket that almost matched the pants.

He, his shirt was open three buttons down here. He had on a T-shirt. You know, the shirt was open three buttons down there.

Mr. BALL. You said that a jacket--

Mr. WHALEY. That jacket now it might have been clean, but the jacket he had on looked more the color, you know like a uniform set, but he had this coat here on over that other jacket, I am sure, sir.

Mr. BALL. This is the blue-gray jacket, heavy blue-gray jacket.

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.

post-1587-0-77251900-1362084344_thumb.jpg

post-1587-0-30834300-1362084355_thumb.jpg

post-1587-0-93968100-1362084361_thumb.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

btw - please let's remember he changed his clothes before going to the theater....

Can you think of a good reason to ditch a jacket which covers your body while you're hiding a gun in your waistband..

As opposed to putting the pistol in his jacket pocket....

DJ

On youtube there is a piece of film footage from that day showing a Ruby lookalike and LHO. Oswald climbs over the steps. I am sure it is him. The Ruby character keeps looking towards Oswald; and LHO only got down from the steps when he saw this Ruby character. I don't think the man is Ruby. But I do believe it is LHO. (emphasis added by T. Graves)

[..]

Kathy C

Kathy,

I don't think so. That young guy looks more like a well-groomed high school student to me. To me his hairstyle/hairline looks different, and I can see that he was wearing a traditional, collared white shirt with his unbuttoned sweater or jacket. (Is there any evidence that Oswald wore a white, button up, collared shirt to work that day?) As for the "Jack Ruby?" dude, unfortunately he looks too portly. And, not that it matters, but the Parkland photo Joseph posted shows "Jack Ruby" wearing a light-colored fedora whereas in the TSBD clip he's wearing a dark one...

But the "detached" head of a man (in the shadows, way back in the far left hand corner on top of the steps) during the latter part of the clip sure looks interesting...

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

[..]

Kathy C

Kathy,

I don't think so. That young guy looks more like a well-groomed high school student to me. To me his hairstyle/hairline looks different, and I can see that he was wearing a traditional, collared white shirt with his unbuttoned sweater or jacket. (Is there any evidence that Oswald wore a white, button up, collared shirt to work that day?) As for the "Jack Ruby?" dude, unfortunately he looks too portly. And, not that it matters, but the Parkland photo Joseph posted shows "Jack Ruby" wearing a light-colored fedora whereas in the TSBD clip he's wearing a dark one...

But the "detached" head of a man (in the shadows, way back in the far left hand corner on top of the steps) during the latter part of the clip sure looks interesting...

edited and bumped

I have a photo of a short Oswald that looks like the "Oswald" climbing over the steps. Here he is with the Ziger sisters in Russia.

I'm trying to post this photo and I keep getting "post too short."

Kathy C

post-5645-0-50124000-1362362389_thumb.jpg