The Education Forum

Will public interest in the JFK assassination die after 11/22/2013?

In the next few weeks public interest in the assassination will reach its highest levels in decades as the mass media carries numerous reports and stories about the 50th anniversary.

The question is whether after the anniversary will interest taper off slowly, fast or continue at the same level as in recent years?

My guess is that it will fade fairly fast because all the major players have died and there is no universally accepted version of what actually occurred. There will never be a closing to this open wound in America’s psyche.

I was 25 years old when the murder occurred. I can remember all the details of when I learned of it. In my mind’s eye it is almost like yesterday.

But I won’t be around for the 75th anniversary. Before then I shall have joined JFK on The Other Side.

The younger generation today has little interest in the assassination. Most don’t even know anything about LBJ, the Vietnam War or Watergate.

What will be the future of this forum and others like it when the hoopla of the 50th anniversary dies away?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert Morrow

Once the current crop of elite historians, political commentators actually croak, the next group will have political and social space to tell the truth about the JFK assassination: that Lyndon Johnson led a rightwing military/CIA/Texas oil coup and overthrew the Kennedys.

The JFK assassination is a "false mystery" as Salandria likes to say. It was solved decades ago. The only thing missing is the political and social will to tell the ugly truth.

Lyndon Johnson is taking a particular well deserved pounding right now on the 50th anniversary.

Eventually LBJ, the national security state and Dallas, TX oil men, military contractors will be accepted as the perps of the JFK assassination. In 25-50 years this will occur.

Judging by BOOK sales*, the case will never die:O)

Judging by "Parkland", it already has :o(

--------------

*books on JFK's life (as with Lincoln, etc) will always do well....books on his death should do ok but nowhere near as good as between 1988-2013. If you didn't get your book out by now you missed the boat

Then again, I think WE have ALWAYS cared more than the average movie goer who saw "JFK" (then saw "Basic Instinct" a few months later, then "Forrest Gump","Titanic", etc). I think the mistake is in EVER thinking the average Joe really cares about this case more than just as dramatic entertainment.

Vince

Edited by Vince Palamara

Of course public interest will fade but some good may come out of it, as it did after the release of Stones' "JFK" The real problem is the lack of courageous leaders who are willing to face up to the unpalatable truth and come clean. With America constantly facing the fear of domestic terrorist attacks the mood is one of circling the wagons not one of soul searching. What is needed is what happened in the seventies after Watergate, when the US Congress had the will to demand disclosure of dark held secrets. It is up to researchers to educate the young, constantly explain that a full understanding of history is necessary to avoid making the same mistakes again. JFK’s assassination is still relevant today, we must get this fact across, even if the same mistakes are not repeated. There is an ever present danger that new mistakes will be made of course but we must not go quietly.

Edited by Barry Keane

I think the "LBJ did it" line has blackmailed and handcuffed current and past Presidents.

Carter and Clinton seemed ready before they took office to release files pertaining to the assassination. Once they were in office, not so much. Even Obama, who campaigned for a "more open government" has a track record of the exact opposite.

The idea, whether fact or fiction, that a sitting US President had something to do with his predecessor's demise will shatter the "sanctity of the office" as Pres. Carter put it when he supported the censure of the Discovery Channel's TMWKK.

This alone I think has more to do with a continuing coverup by entities that had no "dog in the fight" but are quite willing to continue to suppress information 50 years later.

Once the current crop of elite historians, political commentators actually croak, the next group will have political and social space to tell the truth about the JFK assassination: that Lyndon Johnson led a rightwing military/CIA/Texas oil coup and overthrew the Kennedys.

The JFK assassination is a "false mystery" as Salandria likes to say. It was solved decades ago. The only thing missing is the political and social will to tell the ugly truth.

Lyndon Johnson is taking a particular well deserved pounding right now on the 50th anniversary.

Eventually LBJ, the national security state and Dallas, TX oil men, military contractors will be accepted as the perps of the JFK assassination. In 25-50 years this will occur.

You will be glad to know, Robert, that you have some company in believing oil men were involved. One of the speakers in Pittsburgh was Brian Litman, a former media consultant. He wasn't a buff, and seemed to know little about the case. So why was he there? Well, he was an eager beaver in the early '90's and was one of the first people into the Soviet Union to exploit the opportunities that came with Perestroika. He was the first to place a paid advertisement in Pravda. He signed the KGB to an exclusive book deal. He was behind the book by Nechiporenko, in which Nechiporenko told his story about Oswald in Mexico.

In any event, he came to Pittsburgh to talk about his hours of discussion with not only Nechiporenko, but Valery Kostikov, the purported KGB expert on black ops and assassination Oswald met in Mexico. Litman said that Kostikov, unlike Nechiporenko, thought it ludicrous to believe Oswald acted alone. He didn't say who Kostikov thought did it, however. But, get this, he said he also spoke to Vladimir Semichastny, the head of the KGB in 1963. Litman said that when he asked Semichastny who was behind the killing, Semichastny said "Hunt. It was about the oil. It's ALWAYS about the oil."

In light of current Russian President, and former KGB man, Vladimir Putin's purported ties to corrupt Russian oil barons, I find Semichastny's words very interesting. Did the KGB study the Kennedy assassination and use what they learned as a roadmap to personal power after the fall of Communism? Did Putin and his cronies take a lesson from history, and make sure the brand new Russian oil barons were at their side, as opposed to behind their back, with a rifle and a scope?

Dr. Gary North wrote the follow on his website today:

“You get to certain events, such as the Kennedy assassination, and there are incomplete records. Some of the records are inaccurate. Some of the records have been suppressed. You can establish certain kinds of patterns, such as what was going on with the CIA, or the mob, or in the morning events of Lee Harvey Oswald. The problem, above all, is this: connecting what happened in the Texas book depository with what happened, or maybe didn't happen, on the grassy knoll. It's the timing factor. If JFK was shot from behind, how was the timing coordinated with whoever shot him up from the grassy knoll? People can make all kinds of connections between Oswald and other groups, but in a few seconds, recorded on Zapruder's film, the events come together in just a few frames. The coordination of those brief sequences of causation is really inconceivable. That is what baffles historians. There are the other issues, such as what happened to Kennedy's body while it was in the airplane. But, ultimately, it is the coordination of the events of the actual shooting that has to be explained, and it resists explanation.

“I contend that virtually every event has the same problems, but most events are not worth assembling the documentation. I call it the irreducible complexity of an historical event. The event is a combination of multiple chains of causation, and every time you look in detail at these chains of causation, you cannot sort all of them out. Furthermore, there are not historical records for most of them.”

http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~anderson/PDF_files/Chaos.pdf

Guest Robert Morrow

You will be glad to know, Robert, that you have some company in believing oil men were involved. One of the speakers in Pittsburgh was Brian Litman, a former media consultant. He wasn't a buff, and seemed to know little about the case. So why was he there? Well, he was an eager beaver in the early '90's and was one of the first people into the Soviet Union to exploit the opportunities that came with Perestroika. He was the first to place a paid advertisement in Pravda. He signed the KGB to an exclusive book deal. He was behind the book by Nechiporenko, in which Nechiporenko told his story about Oswald in Mexico.

In any event, he came to Pittsburgh to talk about his hours of discussion with not only Nechiporenko, but Valery Kostikov, the purported KGB expert on black ops and assassination Oswald met in Mexico. Litman said that Kostikov, unlike Nechiporenko, thought it ludicrous to believe Oswald acted alone. He didn't say who Kostikov thought did it, however. But, get this, he said he also spoke to Vladimir Semichastny, the head of the KGB in 1963. Litman said that when he asked Semichastny who was behind the killing, Semichastny said "Hunt. It was about the oil. It's ALWAYS about the oil."

In light of current Russian President, and former KGB man, Vladimir Putin's purported ties to corrupt Russian oil barons, I find Semichastny's words very interesting. Did the KGB study the Kennedy assassination and use what they learned as a roadmap to personal power after the fall of Communism? Did Putin and his cronies take a lesson from history, and make sure the brand new Russian oil barons were at their side, as opposed to behind their back, with a rifle and a scope?

Trust the Russians and Cuban intelligence. They were the world's earliest and best JFK researchers because they knew damn well they did not do it and were about to be framed for JFK's murder by LBJ and the CIA.

People sometimes tell me that Operation Northwoods, turned down by JFK in early 1962, was never enacted. My reply: the JFK assassination itself was the ultimate expression of Operation Northwoods. The biggest psy op and false flag attack in American history.

Immediately the Russians and their propaganda organs blamed the JFK assassination on Texas oil barons, all of whom were LBJ insiders and all of whom had spectacular hatreds of the Kennedys as did LBJ and his good buddy Hoover.

By 1965 the KGB was telling their agents and operatives that "LBJ did it" and find out all you can on the relationship between Lyndon Johnson and the remaining Kennedy brothers.

The Soviets also thought Cuba policy played a big role in the JFK assassation.

1) LBJ 2) Texas oil 3) national security state enraged over Cuba policy (not so much Vietnam).

LBJ and the oil men were all hawks, too and D.H. Byrd was a military contractor.

Note: Peter Dale Scott told me recently there was heavy insider buying in LTV stock in November, 1963, before the JFK assassination. The insider buying was by a partnership of D.H. Byrd and Wynne of Dallas.

Pravda - early on - H.L. Hunt arranged JFK assassination: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18702

Gen. Curtis LeMay who was really running the JCS - called the Kennedys "cockroaches" in his oral history. Lemay - very close to HL Hunt and DG Byrd, both LBJ insiders.

Air Force general Edward Lansdale, close to Allen Dulles and obviously under Lemay - identified at Dealey Plaza by Prouty and Krulak.

Texas CIA David Atlee Phillips running Oswald as was Guy Bannister (close to Hoover) in New Orleans.

You guys (the JFK community) can scratch your head and wonder what happened on 11/22/63.

I KNOW what happened, who did it and why.

i think you are too optimistic. the next crop of elite historians, political commentators, etc. will be owned by the same people who own the current crop

While general public interest might fade, I think the slew of art that is being inspired by the anniversary will carry on, and Jim Lesar is planning on a major conference in DC next September for the 50th Anniversary of the Warren Report, and the next election will elect the President who will be in office in 2017 when the remaining records are ordered unsealed and released to the public, unless they are kept sealed by the President. So it will be an election issue, and there should be a build up to the release of the records in 2017.

So while I always thought I'd put this behind me after this anniversary, others are going to keep it going.

BK

Dr. Gary North wrote the follow on his website today:

“You get to certain events, such as the Kennedy assassination, and there are incomplete records. Some of the records are inaccurate. Some of the records have been suppressed. You can establish certain kinds of patterns, such as what was going on with the CIA, or the mob, or in the morning events of Lee Harvey Oswald. The problem, above all, is this: connecting what happened in the Texas book depository with what happened, or maybe didn't happen, on the grassy knoll. It's the timing factor. If JFK was shot from behind, how was the timing coordinated with whoever shot him up from the grassy knoll? People can make all kinds of connections between Oswald and other groups, but in a few seconds, recorded on Zapruder's film, the events come together in just a few frames. The coordination of those brief sequences of causation is really inconceivable. That is what baffles historians. There are the other issues, such as what happened to Kennedy's body while it was in the airplane. But, ultimately, it is the coordination of the events of the actual shooting that has to be explained, and it resists explanation.

That's because historians are looking at the wrong segment of the Z-film.

The real action, imho, is circa Z190 (around the time he was shot in the throat) to Z260 (around the time he was shot in the back).

JFK researchers are drawn to JFK's head wound(s?) like files on horse turds.

How many times was he shot in the head? Once? Twice? Thrice?

No one knows.

Was there pre-autopsy surgery to the head? Maybe. Probably?

JFK's cranial injuries are the most unknowable part of the murder, but occupy 95% of the discussion.

Wanna know why youngsters are tuning out the JFK assassination?

Because the JFK Critical Community has not earned their attention.

More on this going forward...

“I contend that virtually every event has the same problems, but most events are not worth assembling the documentation. I call it the irreducible complexity of an historical event. The event is a combination of multiple chains of causation, and every time you look in detail at these chains of causation, you cannot sort all of them out. Furthermore, there are not historical records for most of them.”

http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~anderson/PDF_files/Chaos.pdf

Edited by Cliff Varnell

irreducible complexity of an historical event.

I'd don't buy this at all.

Many historical events can be reduced to -- "Drug deals gone bad."

I'm convinced the wars in Vietnam and Afghanistan were the most violent parts of a struggle for control of the world's heroin market.

The JFK Assassination Research Community is losing a generation.

Kids tune out because, in the words of one 25-year old I spoke with, "They make it so boring."

I had two conversations with this 25-year old, a young lady from New England as rock-ribbed as any of her generation.

I mentioned the "central issue" of the JFK assassination to her and she insisted I say what it was.

"JFK had a wound of entrance in the back, without an exit. There was no bullet recovered at the autopsy. He had a wound of entrance in his throat, without an exit. No bullet recovered during the autopsy."

She didn't know what to make of it, at first.

"Some people think the bullets were removed prior to the autopsy--" I said.

"--Or it was some government xxxx that dissolved!" she said, excited.

I had a wide smile at that one.

This was a teachable moment for me.

I marveled how a 25 year old kid -- armed with the bare, root facts of the murder of JFK -- could figure out the central issue of the case pretty much all on her own.

Either the bullets were removed prior to the autopsy, or it was some government xxxx that dissolved.

Both of those possibilities are addressed in the historical record of the autopsy -- pre-autopsy surgery, and high-tech weapons strikes with rounds that didn't show up on x-ray.

She put it together after one moment of serious thought.

Compare her reaction to the Wecht Conference.

She was previously dis-interested in the case but was able to grasp the core issues with a moment of serious thought.

At the Wecht conference there was a collective research experience measured in multiple millennia. All those films and books and articles and papers and lectures and presentations.

And yet the core issue of JFK's murder was never addressed. If the participants of the 2013 Wecht Conference understood the first thing about the murder of JFK, apparently no one demonstrated it.

But JFK's legacy? Aspects of the cover-up?

These issues are dealt with in a first rate manner. Bravo those presentations regarding those issues!

But went it comes to the killing of JFK, the Wecht Symposium (and the JFK Critical Community in general) had its head so stuck in JFK's unknowable cranial wounds it'll never see light again.

So, how could one moment of serious thought by a 25 year old Burning Man enthusiast trump the Wecht Symposium in its entirety?

Because she was born in 1988. All she has known is high-tech. A high-tech explanation for any event is the norm.

The headline -- "Probable High-Tech Killing of JFK" would not scare her -- but the possibility scares the gray-beards at Wecht into cul de sacs of head wound irrelevance.

Older people think they won't be taken seriously if they look at a high-tech solution.

All the Millenials need are the facts, and they can figure it out for themselves.

But for that to happen the JFK Critical Research Community must EARN their attention.

That didn't happen at Wecht.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Hi Cliff, -

The JFK Assassination Research Community is losing a generation.

Kids tune out because, in the words of one 25-year old I spoke with, "They make it so boring."

I had two conversations with this 25-year old, a young lady from New England as rock-ribbed as any of her generation.

I mentioned the "central issue" of the JFK assassination to her and she insisted I say what it was.

"JFK had a wound of entrance in the back, without an exit. There was no bullet recovered at the autopsy. He had a wound of entrance in his throat, without an exit. No bullet recovered during the autopsy."

She didn't know what to make of it, at first.

"Some people think the bullets were removed prior to the autopsy--" I said.

"--Or it was some government xxxx that dissolved!" she said, excited.

I had a wide smile at that one.

THERE'S ALSO A SCENE IN THE FILM 'THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR' (I DON'T KNOW IF ITS IN THE BOOK 7 DAYS OF CONDOR) - WHERE THE CIA ANALYSISTS PAID TO READ FICTION - DISCUSS A SIMILAR CASE, AND THE ROBERT REDFORD CHARACTER SOLVED IT - ICE BULLETS. AND WHERE DID HE GET THAT FROM? HIS ASSOCIATES WANT TO KNOW. AND HE SAYS - DICK TRACY - (A COMIC CHARACTER) - AND VERY UNDERRATED DETECTIVE. AND HOWARD ROFFMAN WAS YOUNGER THAN 26 WHEN HE WROTE "PRESUMED GUILTY," SO MAYBE ONLY YOUNG PEOPLE GET IT.

This was a teachable moment for me.

I marveled how a 25 year old kid -- armed with the bare, root facts of the murder of JFK -- could figure out the central issue of the case pretty much all on her own.

Either the bullets were removed prior to the autopsy, or it was some government xxxx that dissolved.

Both of those possibilities are addressed in the historical record of the autopsy -- pre-autopsy surgery, and high-tech weapons strikes with rounds that didn't show up on x-ray.

She put it together after one moment of serious thought.

Compare her reaction to the Wecht Conference.

She was previously dis-interested in the case but was able to grasp the core issues with a moment of serious thought.

At the Wecht conference there was a collective research experience measured in multiple millennia. All those films and books and articles and papers and lectures and presentations.

And yet the core issue of JFK's murder was never addressed. If the participants of the 2013 Wecht Conference understood the first thing about the murder of JFK, apparently no one demonstrated it.

CLIFF, WERE YOU AT THE WECHT CONFERENCE? HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT WAS DISCUSSED AND WHAT WASN'T? YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

But JFK's legacy? Aspects of the cover-up?

These issues are dealt with in a first rate manner. Bravo those presentations regarding those issues!

But went it comes to the killing of JFK, the Wecht Symposium (and the JFK Critical Community in general) had its head so stuck in JFK's unknowable cranial wounds it'll never see light again.

WELL I THINK YOU'RE THE ONE FULL OF CRAP - MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED AND YOU WEREN'T THERE

So, how could one moment of serious thought by a 25 year old Burning Man enthusiast trump the Wecht Symposium in its entirety?

Because she was born in 1988. All she has known is high-tech. A high-tech explanation for any event is the norm.

The headline -- "Probable High-Tech Killing of JFK" would not scare her -- but the possibility scares the gray-beards at Wecht into cul de sacs of head wound irrelevance.

Older people think they won't be taken seriously if they look at a high-tech solution.

All the Millenials need are the facts, and they can figure it out for themselves.

But for that to happen the JFK Critical Research Community must EARN their attention.

That didn't happen at Wecht.

HOW DO YOU KNOW? THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE STUDENTS THERE AND WECHT WAS JUST THREE DAYS WHILE WE ARE STILL WORKING.

I THINK ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO GET THE NEXT GENERATION INTERESTED, AND YOU'RE NOT DOING A VERY GOOD JOB OF IT

It seems to me the assassination circus that we have been forced to live with for the last 50 years is going to change. After the posturing and preening of the 50th, with all the demands for attention -- whether deserved or not -- perhaps those interested in persisting can get back to just sharing information and not trying to destroy the credibility of the opposition. Hopefully, some of the bullies on both sides will be sufficiently worn out by the 50th not to care.

And of course, anyone who wants to reason their way through the issues of the assassination while using an historical process can see for themselves what has been in front of our eyes all along...as I hope to demonstrate in my upcoming NID presentation, "Midnight Blue to Black: the Vanishing Act of the JFK Presidential Limousine SS100X In Broad Daylight." (Friday the 22nd, following the DP ceremony) :-)

Edited by Pamela Brown