The Education Forum

David Morales

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

B.A. - and David,  B.A. mentioned Morales being closely associated with Bernardo de Torres.

de Torres himself was an both an informant and a suspect in regard to drug smuggling but I have seen nothing which suggests a relationship between de Torres and Morales...if either of you has seen some evidence of that please give a citation, I would be most interested.

Larry, as I mentioned four posts above yours it's mentioned in Dallas 63' by Dr. Scott.  I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to look at the end notes for his source.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron I did notice that you mentioned PDS and his book and I will be interested in his citation; I have his book and read it a number of times but don't recall anything solid about such an association.  And of course his work was very "early days",  sort of like that you find in The Fish is Red by Hinckle and Turner.  There is lots of good material in both and at the time it was cutting edge. Still, a lot of it had to be pretty speculative; some of it stands the test of time and new information but some doesn't. 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Larry Hancock said:

Morale's and his trainers at JM/WAVE supported AM/WORLD training for Artime and some of his senior personnel. .... So Morales was aware of AM/WORLD and the Artime project...as well as the fact that it was all being moved overseas and not logistically supported from JM/WAVE.  Beyond that he , would have had virtually no involvement since the whole point was to make it operationally deniable and totally offshore.

Hi Larry.

I have a copy of your book 'Shadow Warfare' and read pages 210-213.

I joined this Forum as a result of a strange chain of events.

I had been working with the late Don Pierson who gave me all of his legal and financial archives which included the mortgage papers for the mv Olga Patricia (p.211 in your book), and during a recorded interview with him for a radio program, he suddenly became very agitated and told me to cut the recording when I began asking about the involvement of John Tower with his venture on board the mv Olga Patricia. That ship led to his later entangled with Papa Doc and Bill Colby who I met in Arlington, Texas. Don brought him in to (unsuccessfully) straighten out his mess in Haiti which followed hot on the heels of other 'notable' people associated with Fort Worth / Dallas; de Mohrenschildt and Murchison.

A friend of mine in Norway has amassed a lot of information about this ship, and it came to the attention of Gary Murr who is a member of this Forum. He sent my friend a declassified document about the mv Olga Patricia that involved Manuel Artime Buesa (BAM), and my friend sent it to me, and then kept bugging me about my interview with Don and the John Tower incident.

Eventually I took an interest and began to follow another ship history (mv Mi Amigo) and its entanglement with Gordon McLendon and Robert Kennedy.

Over a period of time and amassing a lot of material, my investigations led to this Forum via Bill Weaver who was a manager for McLendon, and author of a rather strange book that fingered McLendon involvement in the JFK assassination.

Unfortunately I cannot find anyone on this Forum who has any interest in, or prior knowledge of. what I am investigating - which happens to be matters that you have also spent some time writing about.

I wanted to use this thread and the reference above to say "hi" in order to discover whether you are still interested in this line of enquiry.

Mervyn

56 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Hi Larry.

I have a copy of your book 'Shadow Warfare' and read pages 210-213.

I joined this Forum as a result of a strange chain of events.

I had been working with the late Don Pierson who gave me all of his legal and financial archives which included the mortgage papers for the mv Olga Patricia (p.211 in your book), and during a recorded interview with him for a radio program, he suddenly became very agitated and told me to cut the recording when I began asking about the involvement of John Tower with his venture on board the mv Olga Patricia. That ship led to his later entangled with Papa Doc and Bill Colby who I met in Arlington, Texas. Don brought him in to (unsuccessfully) straighten out his mess in Haiti which followed hot on the heels of other 'notable' people associated with Fort Worth / Dallas; de Mohrenschildt and Murchison.

A friend of mine in Norway has amassed a lot of information about this ship, and it came to the attention of Gary Murr who is a member of this Forum. He sent my friend a declassified document about the mv Olga Patricia that involved Manuel Artime Buesa (BAM), and my friend sent it to me, and then kept bugging me about my interview with Don and the John Tower incident.

Eventually I took an interest and began to follow another ship history (mv Mi Amigo) and its entanglement with Gordon McLendon and Robert Kennedy.

Over a period of time and amassing a lot of material, my investigations led to this Forum via Bill Weaver who was a manager for McLendon, and author of a rather strange book that fingered McLendon involvement in the JFK assassination.

Unfortunately I cannot find anyone on this Forum who has any interest in, or prior knowledge of. what I am investigating - which happens to be matters that you have also spent some time writing about.

I wanted to use this thread and the reference above to say "hi" in order to discover whether you are still interested in this line of enquiry.

Mervyn

Mervyn - you mention McLendon, sometimes with the first name Gordon. When I asked you to flesh out Weavers theory, you said it was Bart McLendon, Gordon’s father. Which is it? 

31 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Mervyn - you mention McLendon, sometimes with the first name Gordon. When I asked you to flesh out Weavers theory, you said it was Bart McLendon, Gordon’s father. Which is it? 

Hi Paul.

Gordon McLendon was born in Paris, Texas because his parents drove across the Oklahoma border so that he could be born in the Lone Star State. Gordon McLendon went to High School in Atlanta, Texas. His father Bart McLendon was involved with the development of cinema theatres and later, in drive-in movies. Gordon, Bart's son, also had connections to the family business but later branched out into radio - with his Dad. Gordon developed a chain like Mutual that carried various programs including recreated sports games. His baseball activities were challenged in court and he lost. That killed his Liberty Broadcasting System. Later he copied someone else who had begun top 40 format radio and his flagship station became KLIF - for "Oak Cliff" where it was licensed (not Dallas). In the Fifties Gordon spent a lot of time in Ireland trying to get a super-power radio station going, but he was unsuccessful. He was also working as an advisor to Radio Free Europe. At about the same time that LHO was making noises about Helsinki, Gordon was in Stockholm representing an enterprise to put a station on the air from a ship anchored in the Baltic. It was a venture backed by Murchison Jr. That ship was originally called 'Bon Jour', and later renamed 'Magda Maria', and finally 'Mi Amigo'. Gordon's general manager in Houston was Bill Weaver who wrote a book about his involvement with the offshore radio operation, and the murder of JFK with involvement from LBJ and others. Weaver wrote his book as a bio/novel thinly disguising some names, but not all names. Part of that book is backed up by de Vosjoli in his book, and part of it by Jones Harris - who I have spoken with. Weaver was told by Gordon's father Bart to shut down the Swedish station, which he was told, was a CIA operation listening in to KGB transmissions. My own BBC/Marconi expert who was on that ship as a radio engineer told me that was impossible, but that it could have been using music to transmit messages behind the Iron Curtain. LHO could just about have heard this commercial station from his location in Minsk. The station closed just before LHO returned from the USSR. Bart, Gordon's father, told Weaver that he was the contact person in touch with CIA. The last third of the book is absolute rubbish and my guess is that Weaver died of cancer before he finished it. I spoke with Weaver in McAllen, Texas in the Seventies and with his wife and daughter in the last few months by phone. My BBC/Marconi friend was hired by the Diplomatic Wireless Service of the UK Foreign Office to set up the counter station broadcasting to Ian Smith's breakaway Southern Rhodesia. In that sense he was a British counter part of David Atlee Phillips regarding his activities in Guatemala. Weaver's book was privately published professionally - before print on demand. Cases of the book were in his Houston garage which got flooded due to a monsoon. Consequently the book is somewhat rare and hard to find selling from $20 to $200 - by people who probably got advance copies for review. I paid $200 and a friend of mine was lucky and got one for $20. As a book it is not worth anything unless you have a reason for reading it. I did.

Mervyn

8 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Ron I did notice that you mentioned PDS and his book and I will be interested in his citation; I have his book and read it a number of times but don't recall anything solid about such an association.  And of course his work was very "early days",  sort of like that you find in The Fish is Red by Hinckle and Turner.  There is lots of good material in both and at the time it was cutting edge. Still, a lot of it had to be pretty speculative; some of it stands the test of time and new information but some doesn't. 

I guess it depends on what you think is solid.  de Torres is mentioned as having been established as a contact on page 51 of Dallas 63'.  Dr. Scott's reference is from Noel Twyman's Bloody Treason, pgs. 700-02.  A book I don't have and have, have never read and probably never will.  It starts at $50 on amazon, 900 pages on a kindle is a bit daunting to me.  I guess it does carry weight at least...  I've read varying things about it.  No idea what Twyman's source is.  Maybe someone out there has the book.

I do have the book and talked extensively with Twyman about it and his research.  While de Torres was very likely known to Morales given de Torres's activities in the Cuban exile community and his connections to the Cuban Brigade - and with a Miami detective agency owned by his father, there was nothing concrete to document a closer relationship.  You can concretely connect de Torres to some of the Interpen guys including Hargraves as well as Vidal...but connecting him to Morales is purely speculative as far as I know and as far as I discussed with Noel.  At least that is my recollection and as much as I "wanted" such a verified connection, I'm pretty sure I would have put anything of that sort into my own writing since I used both Noel and PDS as sources.

• 5 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

This is the only photo where the scar is easily seen, and that is because it disrupts the eyebrow. His eyebrows seem to have grown bushier with age, and don't show the disruption.

Photo_confession_davidmorales.jpg

Sandy,

I'm talking about this shadow ABOVE his eyebrow,

https://kennedy-mord.lima-city.de/Bilder/Morales2.jpg

It can be seen in other photos, too:

http://content.invisioncic.com/r16296/monthly_2017_05/narbe.thumb.jpg.0903a588410b038059b764a01de0675c.jpg

On 5/19/2018 at 5:46 AM, Larry Hancock said:

I do have the book and talked extensively with Twyman about it and his research.  While de Torres was very likely known to Morales given de Torres's activities in the Cuban exile community and his connections to the Cuban Brigade - and with a Miami detective agency owned by his father, there was nothing concrete to document a closer relationship.  You can concretely connect de Torres to some of the Interpen guys including Hargraves as well as Vidal...but connecting him to Morales is purely speculative as far as I know and as far as I discussed with Noel.  At least that is my recollection and as much as I "wanted" such a verified connection, I'm pretty sure I would have put anything of that sort into my own writing since I used both Noel and PDS as sources.

Sorry about the late reply Mr H. I personally have no knowledge of any contact between Morales and De Torres. I'd kill to see such a verified contact though lol. If it can be shown De Torres was AMOTS then I can't imagine he did not but again, I know evidence is key.

There is no evidence that de Torres was among those trained by Morales and it appears the majority of the AMOTS  and AMFASTS were either infiltrated early or pulled for OP40 and never made it onto the beach. On the other hand, Morales would certainly have known of him not only becase of de Torres's brothers detective agency but because de Torres was involved in at least on Commandos L mission and was active with the reformed Brigade in Miami...as its intelligence officer as I recall.  On the other hand there is a verifiable connection between Moralaes and de Torres in the late summer and early fall of 1963  via Robertson/Martino/Vidal. 

On 10/19/2018 at 5:04 PM, Larry Hancock said:

There is no evidence that de Torres was among those trained by Morales and it appears the majority of the AMOTS  and AMFASTS were either infiltrated early or pulled for OP40 and never made it onto the beach. On the other hand, Morales would certainly have known of him not only becase of de Torres's brothers detective agency but because de Torres was involved in at least on Commandos L mission and was active with the reformed Brigade in Miami...as its intelligence officer as I recall.  On the other hand there is a verifiable connection between Moralaes and de Torres in the late summer and early fall of 1963  via Robertson/Martino/Vidal. 

Ahhh interesting and thanks as always for the info. That late summer/early fall '63 connection is potentially huge...

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Larry Hancock said:

So if de Torres was affiliated with Robertson/ Martino/Vidal and Hargrave's...  And some believe Vidal and Hargraves were Umbrella Man and DCM or vice versa...  And there's a verifiable connection between Morales and de Torres in summer/fall 63...   Is he not suspicious at some level or capacity in relation to 11/22/63?    

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Larry Hancock said:

Angleton entered the Cuba picture in 1961, following the failure at the BOP - which among other things had involved a major failure in CIA project intelligence about Cuba as well as apparent penetration of the project by Cuban intelligence.  The CIA's intelligence assessments had been in direct conflict with those coming out of the higher level joint intelligence council. Because of that Angleton was tasked with an independent evaluation of intelligence and counter intelligence related to Cuba.  In that project he made use of Cuban personnel trained by Morales - reconstituted into he Cuban intelligence group at JM/WAVE.  As I've noted before, Morales was virtually the only person in the project to receive a glowing recommendation for his own work in the Cuba project.

Later, when Harvey was tasked with supporting the Mongoose project and specifically with assassinating Castro, he appears to have gone to Angleton for advice on a number of areas, including where and how to effectively hide the project within the CIA itself. Angleton made introductions for him and also appears to have utilized some of his own foreign contacts who had assets inside Cuba - for what exact purpose is unclear.

So Harvey and or Morales Might have had something at least close to a direct link to Angleton for approval from him and or say his semi retired mentor, former CIA director Dulles, or maybe Helms regarding the use of CIA and Military assets?  From possibly Cubans to the mob/Corsicans?  Maybe Morley named him right, a Ghost, in the background.

In NEXUS I laid out what I still feel was the chain of conspiracy....starting out with Angleton inciting Harvey over the secret JFK/Castro backchannel talks and Harvey carrying that message to his meeting with Roselli.  Angleton had also worked with Morales and actually helped organize the Cuban Intelligence Service which was created at JMWAVE after the failure of the BOP. Nobody really discusses that but I document it in NEXUS.  The plot began to really jell only after the meeting in Florida - with a tangent that would ultimately lead via Roselli to Ruby, a tactical tangent though Robertson that would bring in some people that I will be discussing in my Lancer presentation next month ...with just possibly another tangent via Barnes - but that is something yet to be fully explored. 

So yes, Ghost in the background would be very accurate and indeed Angleton most likely did not know "who struck John" specifically...but I believe he knew precisely why...although by the end I suspect he was so close to dementia that he might not have remembered...

On 10/24/2018 at 5:49 AM, Larry Hancock said:

.starting out with Angleton inciting Harvey over the secret JFK/Castro backchannel talks and Harvey carrying that message to his meeting with Roselli.

Larry do you think that such a move by Jim makes him somewhat complicit? That is pretty sly of him to do that, especially when you're telling a guy like Harvey. I have always thought about (or wondered) Tracy Barnes because he is so involved with the agency at that time yet hardly ever talked about as far as I am aware.