The Education Forum

Film revealing 2nd gunman...

Mark Haley

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but :

"While no one has yet viewed the footage, it's said to show a second shooter hiding in the bushes along the route the presidential motorcade took on 22 November, 1963. "

It could also show a coke can in a trash bin.. and wait..no one has seen this? So how do they know what it is?

"The tape reportedly depicts a second shooter hiding in the bushes along the route of JFK's motorcade"

-so anywhere between the airport and parkland?

-what bushes?

-what Houston news producer?

This sounds like a "moving badgeman" with a blob and some windy bushes...

Excuse my skepticism but...really...I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Blair Dobson

Hey Blair,

I was trying to be optomistic but I agree with you. In some early accounts witnesses described the knoll as being "the bushes", beyond that who knows what they mean?

Anyone who has a film that really depicts a 2nd gunman and waits 10 years (?) to reveal it and then does so through a Hollywood agency sounds like a real POS in my book.

don't get me wrong Chris,

I'd love nothing more than something like this to surface and be credible...but pay close attention the the way the article is written and worded...

"A Texas real-estate developer is in possession of footage of John F. Kennedy's motorcade from that fateful day in Dallas that he believes supports the theory that Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone."

"Whether or not the footage is genuine isn't yet known"

"decided the time was right to sell the footage, which reportedly depicts a second shooter, to the highest bidder"

" it's said to show a second shooter hiding in the bushes along the route the presidential motorcade"

so, a cash grabbing slum lord has been showing this blurry footage in his basement?

is it the original or a copy?

what format is it?

sounds like a plaster cast to me..

if this were reputable, it would read like so:

"Texas Real Estate Developer Jimmy P Bumbertoots says the 45 second 16mm color film shows a man on the south side of....as the car rounds the corner of......as Kennedy is waving..."

this says nothing really.

that they report on this without seeing it is...well...interesting..

Edited by Blair Dobson

Private screenings in Los Angeles? Hmm. Will any of us be invited? Will it be sold to the highest bidder, who will then lock it away? The one thing I find believable in this article is that someone purports to have a long lost film of the assassination. What is actually on the film is the question.

If I had to take a stab at this, it would be that, what is being referenced are similar but, at least expounded on, another angle of Zapruder Frame 413 and the subsequent blown-up image; See

High Treason photo section &

http://www.jfklancer.com/miller/mysteryman.html

Obviously, this Stephen Bowen film is another film. BTW interesting surname....

I share the sentiment that if anything significant becomes of this story, it would be the equivalent of hell freezing over. Whose to say? Crystal ball gazing was certainly never one of my hobbies.

Edited by Robert Howard

don't get me wrong Chris,

I'd love nothing more than something like this to surface and be credible...but pay close attention the the way the article is written and worded...

"A Texas real-estate developer is in possession of footage of John F. Kennedy's motorcade from that fateful day in Dallas that he believes supports the theory that Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone."

"Whether or not the footage is genuine isn't yet known"

"decided the time was right to sell the footage, which reportedly depicts a second shooter, to the highest bidder"

" it's said to show a second shooter hiding in the bushes along the route the presidential motorcade"

so, a cash grabbing slum lord has been showing this blurry footage in his basement?

is it the original or a copy?

what format is it?

sounds like a plaster cast to me..

if this were reputable, it would read like so:

"Texas Real Estate Developer Jimmy P Bumbertoots says the 45 second 16mm color film shows a man on the south side of....as the car rounds the corner of......as Kennedy is waving..."

this says nothing really.

that they report on this without seeing it is...well...interesting..

next stop, EBAY......

Here is what I wrote on October 8, 2013, in a reply on a forum topic:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20511

Months ago I was informed that there was a second video, long suppressed, of the actual assassination that would be released by the Intelligence Community before November 22, 2013. I was told the video showed Frank Sturgis as a shooter and Howard Hunt as his spotter on Dealey Plaza. Such a video being “found” and released 50 years after the event would could uproar and raise the obvious question why the Intelligence Community kept it secret for such a long time. So I concluded that if such a video does exist and if it is released publicly, the Intelligence Community would have to find an acceptable conduit to handle its sudden emergence.

Edited by Douglas Caddy, 08 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Here is what I wrote on October 8, 2013, in a reply on a forum topic:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20511

Months ago I was informed that there was a second video, long suppressed, of the actual assassination that would be released by the Intelligence Community before November 22, 2013. I was told the video showed Frank Sturgis as a shooter and Howard Hunt as his spotter on Dealey Plaza. Such a video being “found” and released 50 years after the event would could uproar and raise the obvious question why the Intelligence Community kept it secret for such a long time. So I concluded that if such a video does exist and if it is released publicly, the Intelligence Community would have to find an acceptable conduit to handle its sudden emergence.

Edited by Douglas Caddy, 08 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

I'm sure you mean "film" as opposed to video. In 1963 handheld video cameras were a ways off. In fact, quite aways off.

• Quadruplex videotape (1955): Developed formally by Ampex, this was the recording standard for 20 years. Broadcast programming media standard. 2" videotape
  • U-matic (1971): Tape format created by Sony (and others) to record via handheld video camera via attached bundled cable, AVrecording unit. 3/4" videotape
Edited by David G. Healy

David:

You are right. I realized some time after I posted that item that I should have used the word "film" as it was 1963 after all. But I let it ride and did not correct.

As to why the Intelligence Community is releasing it now, it is difficult to divine their thinking. Months ago I got the impression it was to put finality of some sort on the assassination conspiracy theories. But that did not make sense then and it does not now.

Doug

Doug,

How do you define the "Intelligence Community"? Is this something that was seized from a private citizen and not destroyed? My reading of the initial post made me think that this is something that someone intends to profit from. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Chris Newton

To me, LHO did not shoot anyone that day. I believe he was supposed to be waiting for a

phone call and that running cop was trying to shoot him, only a woman was standing next to

LHO. I'm not surprised that someone shot a film from the South Knoll, besides Orville Nix

and Mary Moorman, because these photos and films were confiscated and some people

never got their films back.

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins

Doug,

How do you define the "Intelligence Community"? Is this something that was seized from a private citizen and not destroyed? My reading of the initial post made me think that this is something that someone intends to profit from. I hope I'm wrong.

The information I received months ago about release of this suppressed film originated from a source in the Intelligence Community who said that the Intelligence Community had decided to release the film in connection with the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination.

Of course the Intelligence Community does not want its fingerprints on its release. It had to be done another way, which is what I wrote in my Oct. 8 forum reply.

I might add that some 20 years ago I was a witness in a case before the U.S. Tax Court. The hearing was held in Dallas in a federal building that is opposite Dealey Plaza. The room was high enough up in the federal building that when I looked out its windows I could easily see both Dealey Plaza and the Textbook Depository. The thought occurred to me at the time that it would have been a perfect place to have seen what happened in the assassination. I do not know if that same federal building was in existence in 1963 but if it was (or another federal building), it would have been the perfect place to have filmed the murder, which, of course, means whoever made the film knew in advance of what was to going happen.

Also on Oct 8, the date that I posted my information in my reply on the forum, I sent the same information to a major media source who acknowledged receipt of my email by commenting on it.

Doug,

The information I received months ago about release of this suppressed film originated from a source in the Intelligence Community who said that the Intelligence Community had decided to release the film in connection with the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination.

Of course the Intelligence Community does not want its fingerprints on its release. It had to be done another way, which is what I wrote in my Oct. 8 forum reply.

I might add that some 20 years ago I was a witness in a case before the U.S. Tax Court. The hearing was held in Dallas in a federal building that is opposite Dealey Plaza. The room was high enough up in the federal building that when I looked out its windows I could easily see both Dealey Plaza and the Textbook Depository. The thought occurred to me at the time that it would have been a perfect place to have seen what happened in the assassination. I do not know if that same federal building was in existence in 1963 but if it was (or another federal building), it would have been the perfect place to have filmed the murder, which, of course, means whoever made the film knew in advance of what was to going happen.

Also on Oct 8, the date that I posted my information in my reply on the forum, I sent the same information to a major media source who acknowledged receipt of my email by commenting on it.

Douglas,

Yes, the Postal Annex Building (aka the Terminal Annex Building), across Dealey Plaza from the Texas School Book Depository, did exist in 1963. In fact, Oswald had a PO box there and Postal Inspector Harry D. Holmes had his office there on an upper floor. (Holmes testified that he watched the assassination through binoculars from his office.) I found out by doing a little online "research" that the Navy had a recruiting office on an upper floor, and an old-time ONI special agent told me that the Dallas ONI office was in that building.

I think that an ideal place for a "command center" for the assassination would have been in that building in an upper-floor office facing Dealey Plaza, and have often wondered if the spooky-looking fedora, trench coat, and sunglasses-wearing "E. Howard Hunt" figure, captured in the crowd of people crossing Elm Street by the photographer Frank Cancellare, could have been coming from there.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves