The Education Forum

NEW (yes, NEW- not a variation) AUTOPSY PHOTO IN GRODEN'S BOOK!

Yes--some never-before-seen or published (or both) photos; some great ones. The one JFK autopsy photo is amazing, as are the several of Oswald IN SURGERY (!). There are almost 1000 high-quality photos. A lot of good information- the medical evidence section is a real highlight

OK, Vince. Tell us what the newly-found autopsy photo shows. And please don't tell us it shows JFK with the back of his head blown out. Riebe didn't take any close-up shots.

It is my understanding that Mr. Groden received a copy of the Fox photos as a result of his work for the HSCA. How did he get a copy of this new photo? Is it in the public domain?

Ken, Groden made copies of the color photos while working for the HSCA. He received copies of the Fox photos through Lifton and Mark Crouch.

It is my recollection that Riebe's film, or at least one roll of it, was found in the archives, and developed by the ARRB. I remember reading a report on what was shown. Most of the images were destroyed when the SS exposed it to light. But a few images were salvaged. These showed, if I recall, Kennedy on the table from a distance.

If Groden has one of these photos, he received it from someone who wasn't supposed to have it.

Pat- the photo on page 177 is a black and white full side view of the body from the LEFT (minus the feet and pixilated [for taste reasons] genitals]). The large open trach wound can be seen, as well as a sink and wall dispensers in the background.

The book ALSO contains several photos of Oswald IN SURGERY (from a FILM previously unheard of [doctors are identified!!!]---NOT the autopsy photos; while he is under the knife! Also, new motorcade photos, as well

Edited by Vince Palamara

Pat- the photo on page 177 is a black and white full side view of the body from the LEFT (minus the feet and pixilated [for taste reasons] genitals]). The large open trach wound can be seen, as well as a sink and wall dispensers in the background.

The book ALSO contains several photos of Oswald IN SURGERY (from a FILM previously unheard of [doctors are identified!!!]---NOT the autopsy photos; while he is under the knife! Also, new motorcade photos, as well

would you qualify this new material as "filler", "fodder" or "food for thought"?

I'm still trying to understand why there is almost nothing of the followup car with Lynda B ducking...unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

But that's for another thread...

thanks Vince

Dave, what is VERY disturbing about Groden's book on this matter (the "new" autopsy photo) is he claims this came from the confiscated black and white reel of film that was famously exposed to light and thought ruined, adding further that he had to do a lot of work to bring out the image...! I fell for this image because of the pixilated genital area and the throat wound; seemed authentic, along with his description of what he "did" to restore the image.

IF Groden is knowingly pawning this image off as a genuine autopsy photo and knows better, this is VERY disappointing, to put it mildly. Visions of Bruno Magli shoes are coming to my mind (his work on the OJ case)...

Groden's new book, at first glance, is (was?) great, but now there are THREE major items I was excited about that have come under fire:

1) The smoking gun document that makes up a whole chapter- several researchers are saying the documents are bogus;

2) The TSBD witness who claims to have been making change for Oswald when the shooting started that makes up yet another chapter- there is a whole newsgroup thread on another forum that is convincing in its conclusion that Groden was "had" by a con artist [i was all excited, too, because I was going to post "take that, DVP"...so much for that LOL];

3) now the "new" autopsy photo...

I WILL say that I have always been skeptical about some of what Groden claims to "see" in the films and photos. Ultimately, the allure of his work is the great collection of films and photos themselves.

ALSO: Groden doctored several photos of "High Treason" to make it look like he was the only author, totally wiping out Livingstone's contribution; not cool

Dave, continue your nice demeanor when dealing with these issues- you remind me of Richard Trask: a very nice, respectful lone-nutter not out to insult people (from the "other" side) :)

Edited by Vince Palamara