The Education Forum

In this conversation Gerry describes his various relationships with persons to whom he was directed in the hope of raising support (funds) for continued anti-Castro operations.

In 1961, Gerry approached Congressman John Rousellot, (R-CA) to garner support. The congressman suggested Gerry visit Robert Morris, who was close to Harold Lafayette Hunt. Morris, in turn, sent Gerry to Lester Loge. Part of this process involved gaining support in small chunks, one influential individual at a time and, like a snowball, it can eventually gain enough momentum to sustain itself.

Gerry reveals some of the names associated with QJ/Win, WI/Rogue, and various other operations. He recalls the days when anti-Castro Cubans were reporting back during meals "around the camp fire" on the whereabouts of CIA agent, Charles Kane, and the goings-on at Elliot Key and Jewfish Creek while the Cubans were training for more anti-Castro operations with Brad Ayers.

Gerry also dismisses AJ Weberman’s reportage and methods in a very caustic, but sarcastically humorous, manner. My laughter at his slur toward Weberman was spontaneous as I found the “nothing but a book reader” characterization of AJ apropos. However, my reaction should not be construed as condoning bigotry in any form. Truth be told, it was feigned by Hemming, as well. He wasn’t a bigot. It was merely a part of his bravado when he was expressing disdain.

[WARNING: Strong language]

Edited by Greg Burnham

In this conversation Gerry describes his various relationships with persons to whom he was directed in the hope of raising support (funds) for continued anti-Castro operations.

In 1961, Gerry approached Congressman John Rousellot, (R-CA) to garner support. The congressman suggested Gerry visit Robert Morris, who was close to Harold Lafayette Hunt. Morris, in turn, sent Gerry to Lester Loge. Part of this process involved gaining support in small chunks, one influential individual at a time and, like a snowball, it can eventually gain enough momentum to sustain itself.

Gerry reveals some of the names associated with QJ/Win, WI/Rogue, and various other operations. He recalls the days when anti-Castro Cubans were reporting back during meals "around the camp fire" on the whereabouts of CIA agent, Charles Kane, and the goings-on at Elliot Key and Jewfish Creek while the Cubans were training for more anti-Castro operations with Brad Ayers.

Gerry also dismisses AJ Weberman’s reportage and methods in a very caustic, but sarcastically humorous, manner. My laughter at his slur toward Weberman was spontaneous as I found the “nothing but a book reader” characterization of AJ apropos. However, my reaction should not be construed as condoning bigotry in any form. Truth be told, it was feigned by Hemming, as well. He wasn’t a bigot. It was merely a part of his bravado when he was expressing disdain.

[WARNING: Strong language]

Greg,

Your interviews of Hemming are fascinating.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

He seems to have known, or known about, practically everybody.

And what an incredible memory he had!

Thanks,

--Tommy :sun

I exchanged a number of emails with Gerry. and had one extended conversation with him on the phone, and came to conclude he was mostly blowing smoke. I remember, in particular, his claiming he fought with the French at Dien Bien Phu. I looked into this and came back at him with his Church Committee testimony, in which he claimed he was in high school in 1954. He then countered with a big fat lie about his being released from high school in California early so he could go fight in South East Asia for the French, and that he got out just in time, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if he knew a thing or two, but I'm convinced he died without telling us what he knew. He was a rascal, a rascal's rascal, and a dangerous rascal at that.

• 3 weeks later...

I attached two photos for your interpretation.

Is that Loran Hall in the photo with Gerry Hemmings?

1. Newspaper photo Gerry Hemmings with a man smoking a cigar.

2. Several photos of Loran Hall possibly prepared and posted by James Richards.

Cross referencing the Loran Hall pictures it looks like the unidentified man is Hall.

What is Loran Hall's role in the Cuban insurgents and assassination?

Where and when is the picture of Hemmings/Hall?

post-6290-0-97965200-1406247362_thumb.jpg

post-6290-0-59971600-1406247398_thumb.jpg