The Education Forum

History of Freedom of Speech in the UK

John Simkin

Transgender activists target Peter Tatchell and Mary Beard after free speech letter
18-Tatchell-Beard-Split.jpg
Classics professor Mary Beard, right, said she had not ‘signed up to an attack on the trans community’
Getty
=

Classics professor Mary Beard said she had not ‘signed up to an attack on the trans community’

Monday 16 February 2015
=======================

The gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell has been “unable to sleep” and the Cambridge Classics professor Mary Beard was left “wanting to cry” after a letter they co-wrote supporting freedom of speech unleashed a torrent of abuse from supporters of transgender rights.

The falling out came after the pair signed a letter with 129 others, warning about “a worrying pattern of intimidation and silencing of individuals whose views are deemed ‘transphobic’”.

The signatories insist their only intention was to support freedom of speech in universities, which would allow the anti-transgender views that they both oppose to be defeated in debate.

Some critics, however, accused the pair of being “transphobic”, and claimed that their co-signatories included some feminists with anti-transgender motives. In the ensuing Twitter storm Professor Beard was branded “an unrepentant bigot”, and Mr Tatchell was told: “I would like to tweet your murder you xxxxing parasite.”

Mr Tatchell, 63, said: “I’ve received about 5,000 messages attacking me. The volume and vitriol of the attack has been almost unprecedented in 48 years of human rights campaigning. I’m shocked.

web-lgbt-cmwealth-1-corbis.jpgLGBT activists and supporters stage a demonstration outside Downing Street last year (Corbis) “I have supported the transgender freedom struggle for 40 years. But I have been accused of trying to silence trans people and called ‘an advocate for oppressors’.

“The letter was about freedom of speech, and includes no attack on trans rights. When I signed the letter I didn’t know who else was going to sign it. Now I am being condemned by the McCarthyite tactic of guilt by association.”

He added: “On Saturday night, after the first attacks started, I couldn’t sleep. I was so upset about being misrepresented as an anti-trans bigot. I woke up exhausted, and on my way to a LGBT conference, I tripped on the pavement, hit my head and suffered concussion, which I’m still feeling today.”

Mr Tatchell and Professor Beard said they have received support of some members of the transgender community, and Professor Beard added that some co-signatories to the letter were themselves transgender.

She launched a lengthy and impassioned defence of her actions in her Times Literary Supplement blog, but admitted: “I went to bed wanting to weep.”

Men-united.jpgYou'll never walk alone: LGBT football fans show their colours during London Pride this year

She insisted: “I was NOT signing up to an attack on the trans community. Nor was there any remote suggestion that I was.”

The letter to The Guardian cited a series of incidents including calls for the Cambridge University Union to withdraw a speaking invitation to Germaine Greer last month because of previous remarks, including once saying that trans women “seem to us ghastly parodies”.

The letter complained of attempts at “no-platforming” of “feminist arguments critical of some demands made by trans activists”, and argued: “You do not have to agree with the views being silenced to find these tactics illiberal and undemocratic.”

Transgender activists, however, complained that the letter had misrepresented facts and had been signed by feminists with anti-transgender views.

Sarah Brown, 41, a charity worker and executive member of the Liberal Democrats LGBT Group, who wrote a blog condemning the “nonsense letter”, said: “Some of the people who signed the letter did so with a transphobic agenda, as a dig at people who want an inclusive form of feminism involving the transgender community. One of them tried to shout me down at last year’s London Dyke March.

12-web-lgbt-cmwealth-2-getty.jpgCampaigner Peter Tatchell said he was ‘unable to sleep’ (Getty)

“I can understand people signing it and not being aware of the subtext, and I do not consider Peter Tatchell or Professor Beard transphobic, but signing that letter was not a friendly act towards trans people.”

She added: “The protest over Germaine Greer involved nothing more than a polite exchange with the union, a bit of peaceful leafleting, and an alternative event, at which I spoke. So the letter is criticising peaceful student protest – something I quite robustly support.”

Ms Brown says she too had received abuse over the affair.

“I was called a disgrace to transgender people and unworthy of engaging with Peter Tatchell. If anyone gets a lot of abuse on Twitter, I certainly don’t condone it.”

Beard’s blog: ‘i wanted to weep’

Last night I went to bed wanting to weep… It was the relentless pummelling of attack on the basis of extraordinary loaded, sometimes quite wrong, readings of the letter.

The complaints fall into several categories. 1) I am an appalling transphobe. 2) I am a bit past it, a poor old lady who hasn’t quite got the issues straight, bless her. 3) I have been duped by the transphobes, because I am a nice person really.

I was NOT signing up to an attack on the trans community. Nor was there any remote suggestion that I was. I have a very clear, long-held view on this: that “no platforming” unpopular views is counterproductive, discourages debate and the due dissection of error, and pushes views one would like to contest openly underground, where they may well flourish better than if exposed to the clear light of argument (which is one of the things that universities are for).

Edited by Steven Gaal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the freedom to lie is part of free speech (GAAL, of course all abuse of the truth has consequences)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There Goes the Guardian, Lying About Ukraine…Again! (LINK)

The western media is busily trying to prop up their failed narrative of “Russian aggression” in Ukraine in a desperate attempt to legitimize their consciously deceitful reporting. To do so, they are now relying not on experts or western intelligence reports, but a discredited blogger and his corporate media chums.

Edited by Steven Gaal

the speech that isn't free ,but you are lied to and said its free .....call it

paid for speech .....

=

OLIGARCHY: Top British Politicians Offer Influence For Cash (LINK)

---------------------------------o0o-----------------------------------

The very fabric of British political society is being torn into pieces with an apparently never-ending stream of scandals.

Top British Labour Party figure Jack Straw and Sir Malcolm Rifkind, overseer of British intelligence agencies, have been caught on camera offering political influence for cash.

Edited by Steven Gaal

Breaking: Google gives new meaning to “Orwellian”

Becomes Ministry of Truth

by Jon Rappoport

March 1,

=

“…if all records told the same tale — then the lie passed into history and became truth.” (1984, George Orwell)

The New Scientist has the stunning story (2/28/15, “Google wants to rank websites based on facts not links,” by Hal Hodson):

“THE internet is stuffed with garbage. Anti-vaccination websites make the front page of Google, and fact-free ‘news’ stories spread like wildfire. Google has devised a fix – rank websites according to their truthfulness.”

Great idea, right?

Sure it is.

The author of the article lets the cat out of the bag right away with his comment about “anti-vaccination” websites.

These sites will obviously be shoved into obscurity by Google because they’re “garbage”…whereas “truthful” pro-vaccine sites will dominate top ranked pages on the search engine.

This is wonderful if you believe what the CDC tells you about vaccine safety and efficacy. The CDC: an agency that opens its doors every day with lies and closes them with more lies.

The New Scientist article continues:

“A Google research team is adapting [a] model to measure the trustworthiness of a [website] page, rather than its reputation across the web. Instead of counting incoming links, the [ranking] system – which is not yet live – counts the number of incorrect facts within a page. ‘A source that has few false facts is considered to be trustworthy,’ says the team…The score they compute for each page is its Knowledge-Based Trust score.”

Right. Google, researchers of truth. Assessors of trustworthiness. Who in the world could have a problem with that?

Answer: anyone with three live brain cells.

Here’s the New Scientist’s capper. It’s a beaut:

“The [truth-finding] software works by tapping into the Knowledge Vault, the vast store of facts that Google has pulled off the internet. Facts the web unanimously agrees on are considered a reasonable proxy for truth. Web pages that contain contradictory information are bumped down the rankings.”

Right. Uh-huh. So Google, along with its friends at the CIA, will engineer a new and improved, greater flood of (dis)information across the Web. And this disinfo will constitute an overwhelming majority opinion…and will become the standard for measuring truth and trustworthiness.

Think about what kinds of websites will rise like foul cream to the top of Google page rankings:

“All vaccines are marvelously safe and effective, and parents who don’t vaccinate their kids should be prosecuted for felonies.”

“GMOs are perfectly safe. ‘The science’ says so.”

“The FBI has never organized a synthetic terror event and then stung the morons it encouraged.”

“Common Core is the greatest system of education yet devised by humans.”

“People who believe conspiracies exist have mental disorders.”

In other words: (fake) consensus reality becomes reality. Which is the situation we have now, but the titanic pile of fakery will rise much, much higher.

Also, think about this: the whole purpose of authentic investigative reporting is puncturing the consensus…but you’ll have to search Google for a long time to find it.

In the field of medical fraud, an area I’ve been researching for 25 years, the conclusions of standard published studies (which are brimming with lies) will occupy page after page of top Google rankings.

Let me offer a counter-example to the Google “knowledge team.” Here is a woman who has examined, up close and personal, more medical studies in her career than the entire workforce of Google. She is Dr. Marcia Angell. For 20 years, she was an editor at The New England Journal of Medicine.

On January 15, 2009, the New York Review of Books published her stunning statement: “It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.”

In two sentences, Angell carries more weight than 20,000 blowhard “science bloggers,” to say nothing of lying drug companies and that criminal agency called the FDA.

Angell torpedoes an entire range of medical literature, based on her hard-won experience.

But you can be sure that when it comes to “medical facts,” the Google “truth team” will ascribe absolutely no merit (ranking) to her conclusion or its implications.

You may say, “But these search engines are already slanting the truth.”

The new Google program is going to double down. It’s going to set up its own Ministry of Truth. It’s going to standardize algorithms that unerringly bring about officially favored lies.

Stories on vote fraud?

Stories contradicting the official line on mass shootings?

Stories on the US government funding terrorist groups?

Stories on the hostile planetary intentions of Globalists?

Stories on corporate criminals? Secrets of the Federal Reserve?

Stories on major media censoring scandals?

Counter-consensus stories on 9/11, the JFK assassination, the US bankers and corporations who funded both sides in WW2? All anti-establishment versions of history?

After Google launches this Ministry of Truth program, you’ll have to put on diving gear and go deep underwater to find any trace of them.

Welcome to a new day.

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.” (Opening line, 1984, Orwell)

Let’s take all this one step further. Google’s director of research is Ray Kurzweil, who many people know as the promoter of a “utopian” plan to hook the population up (through direct brain-machine interface) to a vast super-computer.

The super-computer will pass along virtually all human knowledge. Kurzweil believes such a momentous breakthrough will endow humans with a mystical level of consciousness.

Even if this technological wet dream could be realized, we can now see what “connecting to all human knowledge” means:

It means accepting all official knowledge. Being blind to counter-knowledge.

It’s time to reverse AI (Artificial Intelligence) and call it IA (Intelligent Androids).

IAs would be humans who are programmed to be androids. IAs accept truth as it delivered to them by official sources.

Google makes its contribution by promoting official sources.

And hiding other sources.

Yes, this surely seems like Nirvana.

You will be fed the Good and protected from the Evil.

Sound familiar?

Thank you, Google. When are you going to apply for non-profit status and open your Holy Church of Information?

“Today’s sermon will be delivered by the director of the CIA. It is titled, ‘Data: everything you need to know, everything you must not believe.’ Breathe deeply. Your neuronal circuits are now being tuned to our channel…”

Edited by Steven Gaal

keep it secret ,don't have to talk about it...secrecy > now THATS how to control speech !!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

How Thatcher’s Government Covered Up a VIP Pedophile Ring (LINK)

A newspaper editor was handed startling evidence that Britain’s top law enforcement official knew there was a VIP pedophile network in Westminster, at the heart of the British government. What happened next in the summer of 1984 helps to explain how shocking allegations of rape and murder against some of the country’s most powerful men went unchecked for decades.

Less than 24 hours after starting to inquire about the dossier presented to him by a senior Labour Party politician, the editor was confronted in his office by a furious member of parliament who threatened him and demanded the documents. “He was frothing at the mouth and really shouting and spitting in my face,” Don Hale told The Daily Beast. “He was straight at me like a raging lion; he was ready to knock me through the wall.”

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Cabinet office in child abuse cover-up: MoS beats attempt by No10 to gag VIP file that shows Thatcher knew about paedophile MP Cyril Smith
  • Downing Street tried to block release of files exposing scale of cover-up
  • Cabinet Office only caved in after being threatened with High Court Action
  • Papers expose how much Establishment knew about Cyril Smith's abuse
  • Margaret Thatcher was told police had probed claims he abused teenagers
  • She was warned that handing him knighthood risked damaging 'integrity of the honours system' - but went ahead anyway

By Chris Hastings and Martin Beckford for The Mail on Sunday

Published: 17:49 EST, 7 March 2015 | Updated: 08:34 EST, 8 March 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984529/Cabinet-office-child-abuse-cover-MoS-beats-attempt-No10-gag-VIP-file-shows-Thatcher-knew-paedophile-MP-Cyril-Smith.html#ixzz3TpCSUnQC

Edited by Steven Gaal

keep it secret ,don't have to talk about it...secrecy > now THATS how to control speech !!!!!!!!!!!!

How Britian covered up the friendship between Hitler & Edward VIII

------------------------------------------------

March 1, 2015 | 7:00amt

=

Adapted from “17 Carnations: The Royals, the Nazis and the Biggest Cover Up in History” by Andrew Morton, to be published by Grand Central on March 10.

Edited by Steven Gaal

lets see if this comes out .......

BBC Handed Explosive Evidence of Biggest Political Corruption Scandal In British History
=
Submitted by IWB, on March 7th, 2015
=
http://investmentwatchblog.com/bbc-handed-explosive-evidence-of-biggest-political-corruption-scandal-in-british-history/
Gordon Bowden is an ex RAF officer

icon1.png who has spent the last 13 years uncovering detailed and forensic evidence of massive corruption within the British establishment that involves Lords, Politicians and the Monarchy.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/bbc-handed-explosive-evidence-of-biggest-political-corruption-scandal-in-british-history/#c29MkohMWhHFoXyL.99

The evidence that he is witnessed and recorded handing into the BBC to do their own full investigation, is set to reveal the biggest political corruption scandal in British history, that included the setup of a colossal 250,000 “shell virtual

image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png

icon1.png oil and gas companies” registered from a few house addresses in Finchley Rd London, and linked to the most prominent people at the core of the British establishment. These companies were deliberately set up to steal and rob BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of pounds from the public and asset strip the whole country!

http://atrueindependentscotland.com/b…

Edited by Steven Gaal

1984,1984,1984,1984,1984,1984,1984,1984,1984,........ect

Scotland Yard Chief Wants CCTV Cameras in EVERY Home (link)

=

LONDON, UK — The citizens of the United Kingdom are possibly the most surveilled group of people in the history of the world. Forget the NSA’s ever-expanding reach over every form of communication imaginable. We’re talking cameras… everywhere. The City of London is equipped with thousands of them, so is Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and well, like I said before, pretty much everywhere. In a nation of 64 million residents, there is one CCTV camera for every 11 people in the UK.

The British Security Industry Authority (BSIA) estimates there are up to 5.9 million closed-circuit television cameras scattered throughout the UK, including 750,000 in “sensitive locations” such as schools, hospitals and care homes. This statistic was released in 2013 as well. Do you think they decided to halt the expansion of their Orwellian state at any point over the past two years? The safe bet is that these numbers have grown exponentially.

Edited by Steven Gaal

BBC ,........ puts lie-trash into BRAIN.....controlled SPEECH OUT....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BEX ALERT - Scale of Russian military intervention in Ukraine revealed, says report (LINK)

Large-scale intervention in eastern Ukraine by regular Russian troops began last August, reaching a peak of 10,000 in December, and Moscow has been struggling to maintain operations on such a scale and intensity, according to a report.

The report, by the Royal United Services Institute (Rusi), claims small teams of reconnaissance and Spetsnaz special operations units crossed the border earlier, in mid-July after Ukrainian government forces had won a series of battles and had pushed pro-Moscow separatists out of territory they had previously occupied.

The Rusi report also confirms the findings of a February investigation, based on analysis of satellite imagery by the Bellingcat group of investigative journalists, that Russian artillery shelled Ukrainian positions from inside Russian territory.

===========================================================================================

Webmaster's Commentary:

They are pushing the "Russia has invaded" propaganda even though the OSCE, which monitors the border, has not seen any Russian troops or weapons cross. Note that the Guardian did not allow a comments section on this article for readers to express their disbelief.

incarcerate before enunciate !!! Golly is rhyme a crime !! opps did it again !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

British Police Roll Out New ‘Precrime’ Software to Catch Would-Be Criminals (link)

Police claim that this new computer allows them to conduct more ‘targeted investigations’, but does it really? The burglary ring detailed below could have just as easily been tackled through traditional, or ‘human’ police detective work. Machines do not necessarily do a better job than humans, but that’s not really the point. What they really provide for 21st century police and security

Edited by Steven Gaal

I CANT WAIT FOR TALKING KATE . NOW REPEAT AFTER ME ,"monarchy is the best !!" Long live QUEEN KATE !!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mattel's Hello Barbie raises concern over children's privacy

New York Daily News - 1 day agoYour child's talking Barbie doll may be eavesdropping on all your private conversations.

=====

This 'smart' Barbie is raising concerns over children's privacy

====

The Verge - 1 day ago This Talking Barbie Doll Can Listen To You… And Share What You Say With Third Parties

===

The Consumerist - 1 day agoMore news for talking barbie privacy

===

Why the Talking "Smart" Barbie Terrifies Privacy Advocates

gizmodo.com/why-the-talking-smart-barbie-terrifies-privacy-ad...

\l "

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MMydZb7KbucJ:gizmodo.com/why-the-talking-smart-barbie-terrifies-privacy-advoca-1691069923+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Gizmodo

5 days ago - Some child advocates are clamoring for Mattel to halt production of a new "smart" Barbie that can have conversations with your kid.

====

Eavesdropper Barbie: Privacy fears over talking Barbie doll ...

www.ibtimes.co.uk/eavesdropper-barbie-pri...

\l "

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jd-7PM75qb4J:www.ibtimes.co.uk/eavesdropper-barbie-privacy-fears-over-talking-barbie-doll-that-records-conversations-1491904+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

International Business Times

3 days ago - Privacy advocates express concern at a new interactive 'Hello Barbie' doll which can record conversations.

======

Advocates Call Talking Barbie 'Surveillance Barbie'

www.newsweek.com/privacy-advocates-want-take-wifi-connected-hello-...

\l "

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fcXvfdU-UsUJ:www.newsweek.com/privacy-advocates-want-take-wifi-connected-hello-barbie-offline-313432+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

4 days ago - Child privacy advocates are looking to shut down "Hello Barbie," Mattel's first Wi-Fi connected version of the popular doll. One reason: They say ...

Edited by Steven Gaal

BRITAIN NEXT ????

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

France Moves to Make ‘Conspiracy Theories’ Illegal by Government Decree :news

March 19, 2015 By 21wire 0 Comments
21st Century Wire says…

Political elites and super-bureaucrats are worried. It’s becoming harder to control consensus reality.

A history stitched together by lies and cover-ups, political assassinations, slight-of-hand false flag deceptions, secret societies, dual loyalties and stolen fortunes – this have been the privilege of the ruling elite for centuries.

Putting aside history’s ‘big ticket’ items though, the real reason for this authoritarian trend is much more fundamental. By knocking out their intellectual competition, political elites and their media moguls hope to minimalize, and thus eliminate all alternative analysis and opinion by applying a completely open-ended and arbitrary label of “extremist”. They want to wind back the clock, to a pre-internet, monolithic corporate media cartel, and back to a monopoly of ideas.

This frontal assault began this past fall with British Prime Minster David Cameron publicly announcing on two separate occasions, that all of these so-called ‘conspiracy theories’ (anything which challenges the official orthodoxy) should be deemed as “extremist” and equivalent to “terrorist” and should be purged from society on the ground of ‘national security’. The first came was Cameron’s warped speech at the UN, and afterwards, a similar declaration against anyone who dares press the issue of institutional paedophilia and child abuse.

Watch this UN speech by Cameron where he clearly claims that ‘conspiracy theorists’ are the ‘root cause’ and indeed, an equal threat to national security as ISIS terrorists currently running amok in Syria and Iraq (start 4:26)…(VIDEO LINK)

As yet, few are aware of how in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings, French Prime Minster, Francois Hollande made a similar declaration (see full report and text from his speech below), but he takes it beyond the usual hyperbole and focuses on giving the state an administrative and legal foothold for policing both speech and thought crimes in France. If this is can be accomplished in France, then a European roll-out would soon follow.

Ironically, in order to achieve this fascist leap forward, Hollande has equated “conspiracy theories” to Nazism, and is calling for government regulations to prevent any sharing or publishing of any views deemed as ‘dangerous thought’ by the state. Specifically, Hollande is citing “Anti-Semitism”, and also speech which could possibly inspire ‘acts terrorism’ as the chief vehicles for designated ‘dangerous thoughts’. With the thumb of Hebdo still pressing down, this may just sound like politics writ large by the French leader, but in reality it’s full-blown fascism.

Worse yet, with all of the world leaders gathered togther in Paris in January supposedly marching solidarity for ‘free speech’ and proudly chanting “Je Suis Charlie” (image above), that Hollande would use this as political cover to restrict free speech in Europe should shock even.

RINF reports how the new censorship regime has already been implemented this week:

“Earlier this week, the Interior Minister of France — with no court review or adversarial process — ordered five websites to not only be blocked in France, but that anyone who visits any of the sites get redirected to a scary looking government website, saying:

France-Internet-Censorship.jpg
Will the French government also block this website – because it is challenging the government’s new censorship program? Are we entering a new intolerant, Chinese-style policing culture in Europe, and throughout the west?

Fear of losing control over manipulative narratives has always been a primary obsession with those in power, and clearly, based on what we’ve seen here – governments are making an aggressive move on free speech now. Skeptics will no doubt argue that this article itself is a conspiracy theory. If that was the case, then why have western governments, particularly those in the US and Britain, already spent millions, if not billions in state funds in order to infiltrate, disrupt, and occupy forum websites, and social networking groups of so-called ‘conspiracy theorist and even creating entirely new groups just to contradict them? Does that not already prove what the government modus operandi is?

As if that wasn’t enough already, now France wants to take it to a whole new authoritarian level. It may sound ridiculous, but this is exactly what is taking place in government as we speak.

History shows that once this new regime is in place, they will not relinquish any new powers of censorship, and so a long, intellectual dark age is certain to follow…

In the US, the September 11, 2001 coup established a permanent state of emergency (Patriot Act), launching a series of imperial wars. Gradually, the European elites have aligned with their counterparts across the Atlantic. Everywhere, people are worried about being abandoned by their States and they question their institutions. Seeking to retain power, the elites are now ready to use force to gag their opposition.

The President of the French Republic, François Hollande, has assimilated what he calls “conspiracy theories” to Nazism and called to prevent their dissemination on the Internet and social networks.

Thus he declared, on January 27, 2015 at the Shoah Memorial:

[Anti-Semitism] maintains conspiracy theories that spread without limits. Conspiracy theories that have, in the past, led to the worst “(…)” [The] answer is to realize that conspiracy theories are disseminated through the Internet and social networks. Moreover, we must remember that it is words that have in the past prepared extermination. We need to act at the European level, and even internationally, so that a legal framework can be defined, and so that Internet platforms that manage social networks are held to account and that sanctions be imposed for failure to enforce” [1].

Several ministers also decried what they called conspiracy theorists as so many fermenters of hate and disintegrators of society.”

Knowing that President Hollande calls “conspiracy theory” the idea that States, whatever their regimes – including democracies – have a spontaneous tendency to act in their own interests and not in that of their constituents, we can conclude that he presented this confused amalgam to justify a possible censure of his opponents.

This interpretation is confirmed by the publication of a note entitled “Conspiracy theories, current status” by the Jean-Jaurès Foundation, a Socialist Party think tank of which Mr. Holland was the first secretary. [2]

Let’s leave aside the political relations of François Hollande, the Socialist Party, the Fondation Jean-Jaurès, its political radicalism Observatory and the author of the note and let’s focus on its message and its ideological content.

Definition of “conspiracy theories

The terms “conspiracy theories” and “conspiracy theorism” have developed in France in the wake of the publication of my book on US imperialism post-September 11, titled The Big Lie [3]. At the time, we had trouble understanding what the terms meant because they referred to American political history. In the United States, are commonly called “conspiracy theorists” those according to whom President Kennedy had not been assassinated by one man but by many, forming a conspiracy (in the judicial sense). Over time, these expressions entered in the French language and have overlapped with memories of the 30s and the Second World War, those of the denunciation of the “Jewish conspiracy“. These are therefore now polysemous, sometimes evoking the law of the state-Stator silence and, at other times, European anti-Semitism.

In its note, the Jean-Jaurès Foundation gives its own definition of conspiracy theorism. It is…

an ’alternative’ narrative that claims to significantly upset the knowledge we have of an event and therefore competes with the “version” which is commonly accepted, stigmatized as “official”” (p. 2).

Observe that this definition does not apply solely to the delusions of the mentally ill. Thus, Socrates, through the myth of the cave, affirmed his challenge to the certainties of his time; Galileo with his heliocentric theory challenged the prevailing interpretation of the Bible of his time; etc.

For my part, and since they see me as the “pope of conspiracy theorists” or rather the “heretic” in the words of Italian philosopher Roberto Quaglia, I reaffirm my radical political commitment, in keeping with the French republican radicalism of Leon Bourgeois [4], of Georges Clemenceau, [5] of Alain [6] and of Jean Moulin. [7] For me, as for them, the state is a Leviathan which by nature abuses those it governs.

As a radical Republican, I am aware that the state is the enemy of the common good, of the Res Publica; which is why I wish not to abrogate it, but to tame it. The republican ideal is compatible with various political regimes-including monarchies, as was enacted by the authors of the Declaration of 1789.

This opposition, which the current Socialist Party disputes, has so shaped our history as Philippe Pétain repealed the Republic to proclaim the “French State“. Immediately after his assuming presidential office, I denounced Hollande’s Petainism [8]. Today, Mr. Hollande claims to be of the Republic to better fight it and this inversion of values ​​plunges the country into confusion.

Who are the “conspiracy theorists“?

The “conspiracy theorists” are thus citizens who oppose the omnipotence of the State and who wish to place it under surveillance.

The Jean-Jaurès Foundation describes them as follows:

[it’s] a heterogeneous movement, heavily entangled with the Holocaust denial movement, and which combines admirers of Hugo Chavez and fans of Vladimir Putin. An underworld that consist of former left-wing activists or extreme leftists, former “malcontents”, sovereignists, revolutionary nationalists, ultra-nationalists, nostalgists of the Third Reich, anti-vaccination activists, supporters of drawing straws, September 11th revisionists, anti-Zionists, Afrocentricists, survivalists, followers of “alternative medicine”, agents of influence of the Iranian regime, Bacharists, Catholic or Islamic fundamentalists “(p. 8).

One will note the amalgams and abuse of this description aiming to discredit those it designates.

Edited by Steven Gaal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3004954/A-victory-freedom-Millions-wasted-lives-wrecked-appease-snobs-hate-free-speech-jury-shows-public-values-freedom-expression-officialdom-s-silencing.html

======================]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]o]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]===================

A victory for freedom: Millions wasted and lives wrecked - all to appease snobs who hate free speech - now jury shows public values freedom of expression over officialdom's silencing

=

=

=

By Richard Pendlebury and Stephen Wright for the Daily Mail

Published: 19:21 EST, 20 March 2015 | Updated: 07:10 EST, 21 March 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3004954/A-victory-freedom-Millions-wasted-lives-wrecked-appease-snobs-hate-free-speech-jury-shows-public-values-freedom-expression-officialdom-s-silencing.html#ixzz3V2sFm7cA

Edited by Steven Gaal

270115cars-326x235.jpg No need to hear that talk against the government .....we will drive you (away) to a nice movie or if you object a mental facility...(GAAL)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Government Announces Plan to Remotely Control Vehicles (link)

Jan 27, 2015
0 23
The UK government today announced a plan to remotely control vehicles on roads using wi-fi technology in order to reduce traffic and offset global...
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
SHAME UK SHAME (GAAL)
==
Edited by Steven Gaal