The Education Forum

Was it Lansdale?

Guest Mark Valenti

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at 4:01, you see the same neck scratcher, with a big bald spot on the back of his head. Sorry, Tommy, I want to believe but I don't think so.

We're talking about two different grey-suit-wearing men.

Please watch it again, Bill, starting at 3:50.

At 3:55 Neck Scratcher (Morales?) walks up and stands right behind the guy with the bald spot you're talking about. The guy you're talking about is also wearing a grey suit. The guy you're talking about is wearing glasses and has a bald spot and you can see a few seconds later, after the camera position has changed, that the guy you're talking about is holding a bunch of stuff in his hands..

Both of the men in grey suits can be seen simultaneously at 3:55-3:56 and you can see the bald spot on the guy standing in front of Neck Scratcher (Morales?).

I think the guy who is scratching his neck and standing behind the guy with the bald spot is David Sanchez Morales.

--Tommy :sun

bumped one last time for Bill Simpich

Everyone,

Please see my new post on Morales at the "Who Killed Bobby?" thread.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13105#entry299808

Edited by Thomas Graves

Look at 4:01, you see the same neck scratcher, with a big bald spot on the back of his head. Sorry, Tommy, I want to believe but I don't think so.

You're looking at the wrong guy, Bill.

We're talking about two different grey-suit-wearing men.

Please watch it again, starting at 3:50.

At 3:55 Neck Scratcher (Morales?) walks up and stands right behind the guy with the bald spot you're talking about. The guy you're talking about is also wearing a grey suit. The guy you're talking about is wearing glasses and has a bald spot and you can see a few seconds later, after the camera position has changed, that the guy you're talking about is holding a bunch of stuff in his hands..

Both of the men in grey suits can be seen simultaneously at 3:55-3:56 and you can see the bald spot on the guy standing in front of Neck Scratcher (Morales?).

I think the guy who is scratching his neck and standing behind the guy with the bald spot is David Sanchez Morales.

bumped one last time for Bill Simpich

Everyone,

Please see my new post on Morales on the "Who Killed Bobby?" thread.

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas - are you referring to the clip at the Ambassador Ballroom of Morales?

Paul B.,

Yes.

Please go to the "Who Killed Bobby?" thread in the "Robert Kennedy" part of the "Controversial Issues In History" section and read my post and watch the video by Shane O'Sullivan from 6:35 on and be prepared to "freeze" the video several times in order to get a good look at the horseshoe-mustached "Michael Townley" character I'm talking about. Notice how the "Morales" character has turned his head completely around in "Townley's" direction, and how "Morales" snaps his head back around to the front as soon as he sees "Townley."

Thanks for the interest and the continuing moral support,

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas, are you aware that the purported CIA characters included in Shane's video have been positively identified as other people, those ID's have been corroborated by the individuals themselves and Shane has agreed that his original ID's of them were incorrect? That took a couple of years to come about but the video like many other things remains a part of internet history.

You can find the investigation by Morley and Talbot as well as the resolution below, I have exchanged emails with Shane on it but I don't know if he ever issued a public retraction or not?

https://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Essay_-_The_BBCs_Flawed_RFK_Story

Edited by Larry Hancock

Guest Mark Valenti

This is exactly the problem with Prouty's "airtight" ID of Lansdale. He says it, people believe it, and then it becomes a truth in the JFK canon.

Serious problems abound, and we don't need "certainty" like that.

Thomas, are you aware that the purported CIA characters included in Shane's video have been positively identified as other people, those ID's have been corroborated by the individuals themselves and Shane has agreed that his original ID's of them were incorrect? That took a couple of years to come about but the video like many other things remains a part of internet history.

You can find the investigation by Morley and Talbot as well as the resolution below, I have exchanged emails with Shane on it but I don't know if he ever issued a public retraction or not?

https://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Essay_-_The_BBCs_Flawed_RFK_Story

Larry,

Here's an excerpt.

"The BBC report also was apparently wrong about David Morales, a swaggering paramilitary expert known for his counterintelligence network in Cuban Miami and for his hatred of both John and Bobby Kennedy. Family members insisted that the man caught on TV news cameras at the Ambassador was not Morales, pointing out that the man in the news footage looked more like a light-skinned African-American than a Mexican-American. The man said to be Morales appears only in the background of video footage from a TV camera on the other side of the hotel ballroom. The image is both small and blurred making reproduction, comparison and indentification difficult. New photos of Morales, taken in the late 1960s and early 1970s, shows a distinctly different-looking man than the one in the Ambassador footage, with grayer hair and the strong Indian features that gave Morales his nickname, "El Indio."

Pict_rfkstory_morales_2_1_sml.jpg

Morales, Viet Nam 1969-1971. (enlarge)

Pict_rfkstory_morales_1_2_sml.jpg

Morales, Peru 1966-1967. (enlarge)

Pict_rfkstory_morales_1_1_sml.jpg

Morales, Viet Nam 1969-1971. (enlarge)

"

The sentence I highlighted in the excerpt, above. is incorrect.

A man resembling Morales can be seen in two other scenes in the video.

Respectfully,

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy, all I can tell you is that the story goes even further than that....the individuals identified as CIA agents were actually contacted, they stated that it was them in the picture, as I recall they had been at a company event in the hotel and wondered over to the ballroom but that's just my recollection. However, far be it from me to try to take away an identification that someone wants to make - I think I've made my position clear on the risk of photo ID so I'll just let it lie. I did want you to know that a lot of follow on work had gone on, some of it in the article I linked and more later. You can probably find it with some searching but I'll just leave it at that.

Tommy, all I can tell you is that the story goes even further than that....the individuals identified as CIA agents were actually contacted, they stated that it was them in the picture, as I recall they had been at a company event in the hotel and wondered over to the ballroom but that's just my recollection. However, far be it from me to try to take away an identification that someone wants to make - I think I've made my position clear on the risk of photo ID so I'll just let it lie. I did want you to know that a lot of follow on work had gone on, some of it in the article I linked and more later. You can probably find it with some searching but I'll just leave it at that.

Larry,

I'm not interested in the Campbell character.

I'm not interested in the Joannides character.

They could be Timex salesmen for all I care.

I am interested in the Morales character, however.

Respectfully,

Tommy, I suggest you contact Jeff Morley......I know he and Talbot specifically followed up on the Morales ID, interviewed his family members. etc. He would be a

good place to start in determining what they did find out about Morales whereabouts at the time.