The Education Forum

Robert D. Steel, ONI Special Agent who congratulated Paul Bentley for arresting Oswald

On 1/18/2016 at 5:47 PM, William Kelly said:

I'll make a copy and will repost it.

I will also see about making a digital copy and posing it on line so everybody can hear it.

I also want to make note that you did the interview at my request - I supplied some of the questions and you did a good job, conducted it in a professional manner and I transcribed it and am using it to obtain more ONI records via FOIA requests and appeals.

Baylor stopped accepting JFK material so it will now go to Assassination Archives and Research Center in DC, Jim Lesars outfit.

BK

Bill,

In your previous post, you wrote, "I'll make a copy and will repost it." I'm guessing you mean you'll make a copy of the tape and repost your transcript of the interview onto your website?

Please clarify.

I think it would be a good idea if I listened to the interview and corrected any mumbling-caused or Texas dialect-caused "spelling mistakes," omissions, etc, in your proposed transcript before you publish it online again, or send it to some archives, somewhere.

When do you think you might get around to sending me the original tape or a copy of it, Bill? Nest week? Next month? Next year?

LOL

Thanks again,

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make a copy and will repost it.

I will also see about making a digital copy and posing it on line so everybody can hear it.

I also want to make note that you did the interview at my request - I supplied some of the questions and you did a good job, conducted it in a professional manner and I transcribed it and am using it to obtain more ONI records via FOIA requests and appeals.

Baylor stopped accepting JFK material so it will now go to Assassination Archives and Research Center in DC, Jim Lesars outfit.

BK

Bill,

In your previous post, you wrote, "I'll make a copy and will repost it." I'm guessing you mean you'll make a copy of the tape and repost your transcript of the interview onto your website?

Please clarify.

I think it would be a good idea if I listened to the interview and corrected any mumbling-caused or Texas dialect-caused "spelling mistakes," omissions, etc, in your proposed transcript before you publish it online again, or send it to some archives, somewhere.

When do you think you might get around to sending me the original tape or a copy of it, Bill? Nest week? Next month? Next year?

LOL

Thanks again,

Bumped for Bill Kelley to read and respond to, and also for EF members to notice.

I don't know Tom - I got other things going but will go over the transcript with you before posting it. And will make a cassette copy for you and will try to digitalize it so everyone can hear it.

Not on a time line but think it's important and will get to it.

What other research and work are you doing?

BK

I don't know Tom - I got other things going but will go over the transcript with you before posting it. And will make a cassette copy for you and will try to digitalize it so everyone can hear it.

BK

Bill,

Since I don't have a copy of the tape and didn't make my own transcript of the original when I sent it to you some three years ago, I will need to listen to the interview again before I can correct any transcripts of it.

So here's an idea, Bill.

Send me the original and I will have a copy made of it, at my own expense (about $20), and send the original right back to you with an accurate transcript of the interview, okay?

I PROMISE.

I know you have lots of "irons in the fire," as always, and that it may take you another year or so to get around to having the tape dubbed and sending it to me, not to mention your having to make another labor-intensive transcript for me to correct, you know, for the mumbling-and-Texas dialect-based “spelling errors” and omissions, etc.

That's why I suggest that you entrust “the project” to me.

I'm just a retired surf bum. I got all the time in the world.

PS To answer your question re: my current "research," all I've done recently is to try to convince other members here that dark, light-fingered "Neck Scratcher" in Jim Doyle's film is Dave Morales (or perhaps Nestor Izquierdo).

That and trying to convince Greg Parker to incorporate Douglas Caddy's sodomite aliens into his L. Robert Castorr / Radonics theory...

Edited by Thomas Graves

BK

Bill,

Since I don't have a copy of the tape and didn't make my own transcript of the original when I sent it to you some three years ago, I will need to listen to the interview again before I can correct any transcripts of it.

So here's an idea, Bill.

Send me the original and I will have a copy made of it, at my own expense (about $20), and send the original right back to you with an accurate transcript of the interview, okay?

I PROMISE.

I know you have lots of "irons in the fire," as always, and that it may take you another year or so to get around to having the tape dubbed and sending it to me, not to mention your having to make another labor-intensive transcript for me to correct, you know, for all the mumbling-and-Texas dialect-based “spelling errors” and omissions, etc.

That's why I suggest that you entrust “the project” to me.

I'm just a retired surf bum. I got all the time in the world.

PS To answer your question re: my current "research," all I've done recently is to try to convince other members here that the dark-complected, light-fingered "Neck Scratcher" in Jim Doyle's film is Dave Morales (or perhaps Nestor Izquierdo).

That and trying to convince Greg Parker to incorporate Douglas Caddy's sodomite aliens into his L. Robert Castorr / Radonics theory...

Bumped. For Bill Kelly, and the Forum, to notice.

Also: "Forum member William Kelly is unable to receive any new messages."

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 3 months later...

Thomas, I have posted the transcript of your interview with Steel at my blog:

JFKcountercoup: Interview with ONI Investigator Robert Steel

I will make a cassette copy as well as a digital one as soon as I am able, and will return the original to you so you can listen and see if there are any additions you want to make. Thank you for taking the trouble to do this and your patience, as many other things are happening on various fronts, but this is important to me.

Bill Kelly

• 2 weeks later...

The reference mistaken or not that the ONI office being a location that Kennedy was killed from provides some food for thought. When he had the chance for damage control, the short answer yes leaves little doubt that he did not take it.

This is the first reference that I recall that the operation was run by the ONI. Does anyone else have additional information on this topic?

Ifthe motorcade route had not been changed to run in front of the Texas Book Depository Oswald would have not likely had much of a shot from inside his work place. If he were not the shooter it would have been more challenging to make him the patsie. Lots of practical reasons for the change if there is a grand conspiracy.

Perhaps a route right in front of the ONI office was a little to close for comfort.

• 4 months later...

Thomas, I have posted the transcript of your interview with Steel at my blog:

JFKcountercoup: Interview with ONI Investigator Robert Steel

I will make a cassette copy as well as a digital one as soon as I am able, and will return the original to you so you can listen and see if there are any additions you want to make. Thank you for taking the trouble to do this and your patience, as many other things are happening on various fronts, but this is important to me.

Bill Kelly

As of 9/29/16, Bill Kelley still has not sent me the tape.

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 4/7/2015 at 5:02 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Vanessa,

Everyone who is old enough can remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard JFK had been shot, right?  Except, of course, the retired ONI special agent, Robert David Steel, who told me he had "very probably" done the investigation of Oswald at El Toro when Oswald defected to Russia, who was a good friend of Oswald's arrester, Paul Bentley, and whom I interviewed on tape a few years ago (and which tape I am still waiting for Bill Kelly to return to me). Steel could remember how long his small WW II ship (USS Sea Scout) was (down to the half-foot), where he was when he heard that Pearl Harbor had been attacked (his hometown, Brownwood, Texas), but for the life of him couldn't remember where he was when he heard JFK had been shot.

But I digress.

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2015 at 5:02 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Vanessa,

Everyone who is old enough can remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard JFK had been shot, right?  Except, of course, the retired ONI special agent, Robert David Steel, who told me he had "very probably" done the investigation of Oswald at El Toro when Oswald defected to Russia, who was a good friend of Oswald's arrester, Paul Bentley, and whom I interviewed on tape a few years ago (and which tape I am still waiting for Bill Kelly to return to me). Steel could remember how long his small WW II ship (USS Sea Scout) was, where he was when he heard that Pearl Harbor had been attacked (Brownwood, Texas), but for the life of him he couldn't seem to remember where he was when he heard JFK had been shot.

But I digress.

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves