The Education Forum

Sometimes Things Really Are As They Appear To Be

David,

I ask myself, why does DVP post here? I say to myself, he's not informative, and it's highly unlikely he'll change any minds here. So why does DVP post here.

Only you, David, can answer the question with certainty.

I guess you like sparring.

If I were a cynic, I'd say you like draining energy away from the core debates.

Wow. What a strange question.

What do you find strange about it?

Strange that it's applied only to Von Pein. Why do any of us come here? To contribute to a discussion on a forum, not an echo chamber. An education forum, where objectivity and discipline have their place. Sometimes, the argument or evidence will confirm our opinions; Sometimes, it will challenge our opinions. That's why I find it a strange question.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen, relax. While I agree with you, Jon makes a valid point. You seem to have been initially drawn to Jon's posts but have been left with a bad taste with Jon's recent analysis. David's posts generally lack content and lump honest researchers with the wilder side of conspiracy theorists--something you can't help but wonder if is intended to incite sparring posts.

Stephen, relax. While I agree with you, Jon makes a valid point. You seem to have been initially drawn to Jon's posts but have been left with a bad taste with Jon's recent analysis. David's posts generally lack content and lump honest researchers with the wilder side of conspiracy theorists--something you can't help but wonder if is intended to incite sparring posts.

You're a very perceptive guy. I did overreact a bit. More later

David J.,

The DPD figured out who did it on Day 1. It was quite obvious to them. After all, they charged the man named Oswald with TWO murders prior to midnight on the 22nd. And you don't do that unless you've got a TAD BIT of something called "evidence" to back up those TWO murder charges. Right, David J.?

It took the DPD 11 hours to figure it out. It's taken the CTers 51 years to figure out....nothing.

Go figure.

Edited by David Von Pein

David Von Pein:

A highly religious, Southern Baptist lady helped mold my impressions of what happened to President Kennedy & why the weeks following the ambush in Dallas. She was my 5th grade teacher & she told the class consistently that the whole sordid affair was not only evil, but 'fishy' (something that goes hand & hand with evil, we were informed).

One thing that always stayed with me from Mrs. Rodgers was her interpretation of 'why' the assassination occurred: to start WWIII.

To her, 'who did it' did not matter as much as 'why it was done'.

To portray Lee Oswald as a weird 'kook' would probably bring about an argument from Mrs. Rodgers with you, Mr. Pein (if she was still alive). In her way of thinking, you would be distracting from the 'why it was done' in such a low-life caricature of mysterious world traveler Mr. Oswald & you would not be addressing all the other evil that pops up in the aftermath of the assassination: the quick accusation of the alleged assassin, the collection & interpretation of misleading evidence & the clouds of mystery hanging over the late President's autopsy (to name but a few). Not to mention a year before the ambush there was enough Soviet nukes aimed at the USA from Cuban soil to blow a hole in the planet & Castro threatening U.S. leaders in the newspapers a few weeks before JFK was gunned down. Add to the mix all the information that has been published from all Federal investigations & the works published globally by dedicated researchers & analysts and.....

....Mrs. Rodgers would tell you it was more than Oswald & it was done to start WWIII. I know she would, David.

Best

BM

Edited by Brad Milch

David J.,

The DPD figured out who did it on Day 1. It was quite obvious to them. After all, they charged the man named Oswald with TWO murders prior to midnight on the 22nd. And you don't do that unless you've got a TAD BIT of something called "evidence" to back up those TWO murder charges. Right, David J.?

It took the DPD 11 hours to figure it out. It's taken the CTers 51 years to figure out....nothing.

Go figure.

So you're as confused by that model and WCD298 as the rest of us....

The DPD also made sure Oswald was killed... sorry but the DPD does not get much kudos for that weekend, other than from those who actually did the crime.

And I see you continue to avoid anything with substance for then you'd have to defend it.

Pein, it took Salandria 15 minutes to see it was a conspiracy. It's taken 50+ years for our governemnt to make sure that fact was hidden and remains so.

If feel so sorry fo your inability to see 10 years past JFK to 1953 and what occurs in the world over the next 10 years...

You pop into existence with your tiny little sayings, chuckle at being out numbered 1000:1, and play these games....

Great to see you again Pein... you remind me how truly deep heads are stick in the sand to avoid having to even THINK of the evil which existed and exits today...

Don't worry buddy, your honey-boo reruns are coming on soon... :up

Mrs. Rodgers would tell you it was more than Oswald & it was done to start WWIII. I know she would, David.

Well, that's certainly good enough for me, Brad. That's all I need to hear. If Mrs. Rodgers said it, it's got to be true.

Thanks, Brad. The case is solved.

Edited by David Von Pein

RE: Jon- Yes, I found his initial tone disarming, but now I see some him gravitating to what I feel is unrealistic analysis, which now includes suspicion of certain people's motives.

RE: Your comment on David: I DO think that a person who "suspects" that another - including an LN - has a hidden agenda or worse, is a disinfo agent, they're getting perilously close to tin-hat land. My opinion.

My apologies, Mr. Von Pein. Part of my lineage is Swedish & German; I should have known better (sigh).

BTW, I find both sides of the story interesting & necessary. Imagine our judicial system consisting of no prosecution or no defense for the accused. There once was a time in America when things were like that; accusing someone of 'bewitching' their livestock & causing a cow to suddenly die was once good enough evidence to get an accused burned at the stake.

I believe you argue what Hoover told LBJ was 'weak evidence' as well as it can be argued & your faith in the work of the WC is admirable in the face of LBJ didn't even buy it. Had you been that fly on the wall, you would have initially heard the WC wrestle with the allegation that Mr. Oswald was a paid FBI informant & Commissioners complaining that Hoover had pre-determined what had happened (WCD 298) and was leaking his conclusions to the press like a cracked water main. Not to mention the goal of the WC not to start WWIII & kill over '40 million lives in an hour'.

I know you pride yourself on not being swayed by CT's but you never met Mrs. Rodgers. I believe if you had met & argued with her, by the time she got though keeping you after class & wearing out your palm & britches with her ruler, you'd weaken & see things her way (LOL). Mrs. Rodgers would have told you that there are just 3 possibilities in this case: Oswald did it solo, Oswald did it (with help) & Oswald was framed & blamed for something others did. There's a 1 in 3 chance you are right with what you defend.

Best again,

BM

Edited by Brad Milch

Stephen- I appreciate your response. You're one of the most reasonable posters on here and I have learned a lot from you, especially your analysis on David Ferry, which I consider the gold standard on the subject.

I agree with you that thinking someone has an agenda for posting is bordering paranoia. I think we're both too used to be around potential crazies, though. There are plenty of people who feed off friction--who love to stir the pot. Hell, even I like to create some drama now and them. I think this is a normal human response wherever it manifests itself.

I think I've become alarmed recently that the legends of the case are beginning to surpass the realities, that the endless repetition of the internet and the many non-peer-reviewed self-published books have placed far more emphasis on loosely sourced/analyzed material than on more solidly sourced stuff. And it's even more annoying when people get all litmus-testy about it: You must believe this, you must not question that, otherwise you are a bad guy. Very anti-intellectual, especially in the Education Forum.