The Education Forum

New Book!

5 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

Incidentally, there is absolutely nothing about Harry Dean's story which qualifies as "an ordinary American Republican citizen".

95% of Republicans and particularly GOP politicians (local, state, national) and conservative publications rejected and denounced the JBS.

99.9% of Republicans and particularly GOP politicians never joined or praised the Minutemen

99.98% of "ordinary American Republican citizens" never considered assassinating JFK nor hung out with people who discussed such criminal activity.

Ernie,

I agree with you on this one.

Harry Dean is a dramatic exception to many rules. 

I have a full time job and can't devote the necessary time to write an adequate biography for the exciting, international intrigue of the life of Harry Dean.

One day -- soon I hope -- the role of Harry Dean in American history will attain academic attention and Harry Dean will finally obtain a proper hearing within the context of the JFK assassination.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COUNCIL FOR STATEHOOD (aka Freemen) and CONGRESS OF FREEDOM

Dr. Caufield discusses Council For Statehood on pages 141-146, 153-154, 168-169, 346-347 and 368-369.  He discusses Congress of Freedom on pages 137-155, 283-285.

Today, I have uploaded onto the Internet Archive website, sections 1 and 2 the FBI HQ main file on Council For Statehood (HQ 157-758) which covers the period from December 1962 through April 18, 1963.     https://archive.org/details/@ernie1241

Council For Statehood members (aka Freeman) were thought by the FBI to be prime candidates for carrying out assassinations of prominent Americans after a Miami police informant (Willie Augustus Somersett) told Miami PD that such assassinations were discussed at the April 4-6, 1963 Annual Convention of the Congress of Freedom held in New Orleans. [See FBI HQ 157-758, #20; SAC Miami to J. Edgar Hoover.]  The leader of the Council was Mary M. Davison.

According to one FBI file, Mary Davison was known to "work closely" with the American Nazi Party and she was "a top leader in segregationist groups" -- including White Citizens Councils in her area and the National States Rights Party  [HQ 157-1232, #1; 12/11/63 summary report by Miami field]

Although this HQ main file is predominantly about the Council, many serials discuss Congress of Freedom and people connected to both the Council and the Congress.  In addition, even though a HQ file, it contains numerous field office serials -- particularly from Miami.

I may appeal this FOIA release because the FBI did not follow my original instructions but even if my appeal is successful, it will probably be another year before the re-processed file is released.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

• 4 weeks later...

RECENT ARTICLE published in Independent Journal Review

http://ijr.com/2017/04/854816-army-ranger-teams-cia-lapd-dig-deeper-jfk-assassination-uncover-oswald-working/

U.S. Army Ranger Marty Skovlund Jr. served three tours in Iraq, and two in Afghanistan. He came from a unit that specializes in hunting down high-value targets.

In his last two deployments, he leveraged technology and targeting methodology to find high-value leaders within Al-Qaeda and the Haqqani Network.

In the History Channel's new show “JFK: Declassified,” Skovlund is working on a whole different kind of hunting now. Along with a CIA and LAPD veteran, Skovlund is part of a team investigating whom Lee Harvey Oswald, the man accused of killing President John F. Kennedy, might have been working with.

The team is acting on recently declassified files surrounding the historical assassination.

Independent Journal Review talked to Skovlund about the show and what viewers can expect to see.

Skovlund said:

"The three of us go and do an active investigation on the declassified documents surrounding the JFK Investigation. The investigation starts in Mexico City, Mexico, where Oswald met with the Soviets six weeks before shooting Kennedy. Think about [it] like this. If I were to go over and meet with ISIS, and six weeks later I returned to assassinate the President of the United States, it's worth looking into."

Some of the other cities that the show takes place in are Moscow, Dallas, New Orleans, and Miami.

Skovlund addressed how “JFK: Declassified” is not a show that promotes any conspiracy theories:

“We ignored all the conspiracy theories and look at the verifiable things like the release documents and investigated them like you would investigate a crime. The active investigation took about two months. “We know that Oswald pulled the trigger. But was he a lone wolf like they portrayed him to be? By going back and retracing his steps, and by implementing our skill sets into the investigation, we fill in the gaps the best as we can. If he met with this person did that have anything to do with the assassination attempt or was that pure happenstance,” Skovlund said.

Things got really interesting when Skovlund told IJR they talked to people who were in some way tied to the event 54 years ago, though:

"You're going to hear people in history that have never been on camera before. There are even times when we are in literal physical danger. You would think that 50 years later it would be easy to talk to people or find these we are looking for. There are a lot of people alive today that is actively trying to protect secrets surrounding the assassination.  There are people still actively avoiding press and media. And they are acting like it happened yesterday. I didn't expect that much pushback. They were passionately against any exposure. These were people involved in one way or another with one part or piece of what we are investigating."

“JFK: Declassified” premiers on the History Channel on April 25 at 10/9 CT.

9 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

RECENT ARTICLE published in Independent Journal Review

http://ijr.com/2017/04/854816-army-ranger-teams-cia-lapd-dig-deeper-jfk-assassination-uncover-oswald-working/

U.S. Army Ranger Marty Skovlund Jr. served three tours in Iraq, and two in Afghanistan. He came from a unit that specializes in hunting down high-value targets.

In his last two deployments, he leveraged technology and targeting methodology to find high-value leaders within Al-Qaeda and the Haqqani Network.

In the History Channel's new show “JFK: Declassified,” Skovlund is working on a whole different kind of hunting now. Along with a CIA and LAPD veteran, Skovlund is part of a team investigating whom Lee Harvey Oswald, the man accused of killing President John F. Kennedy, might have been working with.

The team is acting on recently declassified files surrounding the historical assassination.

Independent Journal Review talked to Skovlund about the show and what viewers can expect to see.

Skovlund said:

"The three of us go and do an active investigation on the declassified documents surrounding the JFK Investigation. The investigation starts in Mexico City, Mexico, where Oswald met with the Soviets six weeks before shooting Kennedy. Think about [it] like this. If I were to go over and meet with ISIS, and six weeks later I returned to assassinate the President of the United States, it's worth looking into."

Some of the other cities that the show takes place in are Moscow, Dallas, New Orleans, and Miami.

Skovlund addressed how “JFK: Declassified” is not a show that promotes any conspiracy theories:

“We ignored all the conspiracy theories and look at the verifiable things like the release documents and investigated them like you would investigate a crime. The active investigation took about two months. “We know that Oswald pulled the trigger. But was he a lone wolf like they portrayed him to be? By going back and retracing his steps, and by implementing our skill sets into the investigation, we fill in the gaps the best as we can. If he met with this person did that have anything to do with the assassination attempt or was that pure happenstance,” Skovlund said.

Things got really interesting when Skovlund told IJR they talked to people who were in some way tied to the event 54 years ago, though:

"You're going to hear people in history that have never been on camera before. There are even times when we are in literal physical danger. You would think that 50 years later it would be easy to talk to people or find these we are looking for. There are a lot of people alive today that is actively trying to protect secrets surrounding the assassination.  There are people still actively avoiding press and media. And they are acting like it happened yesterday. I didn't expect that much pushback. They were passionately against any exposure. These were people involved in one way or another with one part or piece of what we are investigating."

“JFK: Declassified” premiers on the History Channel on April 25 at 10/9 CT.

Ernie:

would you please post a summary of the "JFK:Declassified" if you were able to view it for those of us who do not have access to the US TV programs.

4 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Ernie:

would you please post a summary of the "JFK:Declassified" if you were able to view it for those of us who do not have access to the US TV programs.

Sorry Andrej but I did not watch the program but you can watch it here:

http://www.history.com/shows/jfk-declassified-tracking-oswald?gclid=Cj0KEQjwioHIBRCes6nP56Ti1IsBEiQAxxb5GxK9CJVe8rOgOViDuF8GTdZY4eU_MhY4OK9y5-SEVNgaAmcl8P8HAQ&s_kwcid=AL!4850!3!192334610153!b!!g!!%2Bjfk %2Bdeclassified&ef_id=WPPjxQAABCOb@cks:20170426132324:s

Edited by Ernie Lazar

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

I suggest not eating anything immediately before watching...

Larry,

The previous show on Hitler's escape to South America was maybe the worst drivel I've ever seen on TV.

I haven't seen this yet, but are you suggesting a rare projectile vomit inducing performance?

Former CIA agent Bob Baer launches a global investigation into assassin Lee Harvey Oswald and the murder of President John F. Kennedy. Bob makes a staggering discovery: a declassified CIA document reveals that Oswald met with Soviet officials in Mexico City only six weeks before the assassination.

The above caption from the History Channel website under the episode 1 video. LOL. Thank god Bob is on the case!

Edited by Chris Newton
added quote

Well yeah, pretty much that....then again maybe it was just a staggering discovery for old Bob since its been common knowledge to pretty much anybody reading about the subject for some decades now.  Once can only imagine what similar discoveries await!

12 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Well yeah, pretty much that....then again maybe it was just a staggering discovery for old Bob since its been common knowledge to pretty much anybody reading about the subject for some decades now.  Once can only imagine what similar discoveries await!

No rush Larry - I noticed this info posted below the video:

Aired on: Apr 25, 2017     Available Until: Dec 31, 2035         Duration: 43m 11s

Having just watched that episode, I can concur that it's a total waste of time but it might be interesting to see who "the team" interviews in future installments. I am also curious about the statement Bob makes that, "I've been entrenched in the Kennedy assassination for decades."

PS do you think that the "auto-un-redacting" application and the super sophisticated search database, (that apparently doesn't function without a projector), can be made available to the rest of us? That would be cool.
Edited by Chris Newton

Yep, especially that auto- un- redacting app....wondering if he got that from a Russian hacker?  

And about that "entrenched" thing, its it just me or is it a little unethical or at least ill mannered not to mention that others have been studying this same data for decades...I mean if it were a book you would be obligated to offer citations. If  Bob has been entrenched then he has to know about his predecessors.  Although its good to know a CIA guy has been right there in the trenches with us...or maybe along side of us ...or ....

17 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Yep, especially that auto- un- redacting app....wondering if he got that from a Russian hacker?  

And about that "entrenched" thing, its it just me or is it a little unethical or at least ill mannered not to mention that others have been studying this same data for decades...I mean if it were a book you would be obligated to offer citations. If  Bob has been entrenched then he has to know about his predecessors.  Although its good to know a CIA guy has been right there in the trenches with us...or maybe along side of us ...or ....

Larry,

Bob Baer's new "discovery" of what KGB agent Oleg Nechiporenko published in 1993 (Passport to Assassination), namely, that Lee Harvey Oswald did indeed meet with himself and Valery Kostikov while in Mexico City during the final week of September 1963, is really funny.

Yet it goes to show the state of Mass Media perception of the JFK assassination in 2017 -- most Mass Media anchors still believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was a "Communist Nut," and not just a "Lone Nut."

Despite the groundbreaking work of Jim Garrison, the HSCA and a half-century of FOIA revelations -- the Mass Media still sticks close to the Warren Commission nonsense.

This means that almost anything can be a "staggering discovery" in 2017.   I wonder how the Mass Media will swallow the Fulfillment of the JFK Records Act on Thursday 26 October 2017.   As yet another "staggering discovery," probably.

Yet the true "staggering discovery" was already published in 2015 by Jeff Caufield, whose recent book (no longer new) is the topic of this thread.  The title of the book really says it all: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Since I agree with the premise of Caufield's book, I interpret your own revelations of the cooperation of John Martino, Johnny Roselli and David Morales as a subordinate cell supporting Guy Banister and General Walker in the plot to kill JFK.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

I think we all pretty much get your interpretations at this point Paul.  As Bill Simpich did in a separate thread on Mexico City, I feel compelled to note that I also disagree with your interpretations of my work.  I think I've made that clear in the past but as  you continue to post in a evangelistic fashion I think it has to be said. I went to a great deal of trouble to discuss exactly what I think DA Garrison came close to exposing in New Orleans, which I'm not going to repeat here since anyone can read it and I don't think its necessary to belabor it.  The thought of Roselli or Morales as being subordinate somebody like Walker is actually sort of laughable to anybody who understands the character of either man, Morales was a guy who made it clear in internal CIA documents that he didn't trust Howard Hunt on anything and would never trust him operationally, just to cover that base and provide some true insight into Morales.

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I think we all pretty much get your interpretations at this point Paul.  As Bill Simpich did in a separate thread on Mexico City, I feel compelled to note that I also disagree with your interpretations of my work.  I think I've made that clear in the past but as  you continue to post in a evangelistic fashion I think it has to be said. I went to a great deal of trouble to discuss exactly what I think DA Garrison came close to exposing in New Orleans, which I'm not going to repeat here since anyone can read it and I don't think it's necessary to belabor it.  The thought of Roselli or Morales as being subordinate somebody like Walker is actually sort of laughable to anybody who understands the character of either man. Morales was a guy who made it clear in internal CIA documents that he didn't trust Howard Hunt on anything and would never trust him operationally, just to cover that base and provide some true insight into Morales.

Larry,

Kudos to you for setting Paul Trejo straight regarding his misinterpretations of Simpich's and your works in such a concise, logical, and civilized way.

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 4/27/2017 at 10:03 AM, Larry Hancock said:

... The thought of Roselli or Morales as being subordinate somebody like Walker is actually sort of laughable to anybody who understands the character of either man ...

Larry,

We can agree to disagree on this important point.   I maintain that you underestimate the political influence of Ex-General Edwin Walker among the Radical Right in the USA (and especially in the South), and the great grassroots power that entailed -- which would have even impressed somebody like CIA agent David Morales -- expert in Latin American assassinations -- because the official CIA did not see things the way David Morales saw them.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo