The Education Forum

New Book!

I hope we can get back to the theme of this thread, which is Jeff Caufield's new book: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meeting I mentioned above as requested by Intel contacts would, and I know you will agree, naturally have been recorded

as would countless others we held in Chicago and Los Angeles. So it can be expected such reports will be released in 2017,

or classified secret?

There is nothing particularly "secret" about the type of meeting you describe -- which is why much more sensitive information was released decades ago -- including your entire HQ and Los Angeles files without redaction even though you are still living.

Ernie:

Did you do a summary of those above files that have been already released without redaction?

If so can you give us a link?

Ernie:

Did you do a summary of those above files that have been already released without redaction?

If so can you give us a link?

Yes-- I created a webpage here: https://sites.google.com/site/xrt013/harrydean

Ernie, that is a really neat web site.

Thanks so much for doing all that work. Very enlightening.

The meeting I mentioned above as requested by Intel contacts would, and I know you will agree, naturally have been recorded

as would countless others we held in Chicago and Los Angeles. So it can be expected such reports will be released in 2017,

or classified secret?

Harry, in reference to the US Government meeting that you recollect in 1961 when you were debriefed by the FBI, with CIA present, in Chicago following your return from Cuba, it seems to me that Ernie Lazar has not found such a memo yet, but it also seems to me that he isn't looking for it.

Since 2013, when I began interacting with Ernie on the Internet, on a Billy James Hargis article discussion Forum, he claimed that you didn't even have an FBI number, and that there were no FBI documents on you at all.

Then, when I asked Dr. Jeffrey Caufield about it in 2013, Dr. Caufield gave me the FBI number on Harry Dean. I sent this to Ernie Lazar, and then he finally admitted that you do have an FBI number after all.

In fact, Ernie found several folders of FBI material about you -- and much of it confirms your interaction with the Chicago FPCC and with Cuban 26th of July Movement. But it also includes inflammatory data, like the data the FBI used to discredit Silvia Odio, who saw Lee Harvey Oswald in the presence of (as you contend) Loran Hall and Larry Howard at her doorstep on or about September 23, 1963.

The FBI claimed that Silvia Duran was a "mental case." That's how they stomped on her honest account that Lee Harvey Oswald had ACCOMPLICES.

It's not surprising to me -- or to Dr. Caufield -- that the FBI would treat you in the same way, since you also propose that Lee Harvey Oswald had ACCOMPLICES, namely, Loran Hall and Larry Howard, who were also personal friends of yours there in Southern California.

You aren't likely to get a sympathetic answer from Ernie Lazar after all these years, Harry. Ernie has shown a lot of bias against your CT theory, and will continue to do so, I'm certain.

But I still believe you. General Walker was the mastermind of the JFK murder --- this is what you said in 1965, before anybody else. Now, more than a half-century later, Dr. Jeff Caufield is finally advancing the same CT with hundreds of scholarly citations.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

or classified secret?

Harry, in reference to the US Government meeting that you recollect in 1961 when you were debriefed by the FBI, with CIA present, in Chicago following your return from Cuba, it seems to me that Ernie Lazar has not found such a memo yet, but it also seems to me that he isn't looking for it.

Since 2013, when I began interacting with Ernie on the Internet, on a Billy James Hargis article discussion Forum, he claimed that you didn't even have an FBI number, and that there were no FBI documents on you at all.

Then, when I asked Dr. Jeffrey Caufield about it in 2013, Dr. Caufield gave me the FBI number on Harry Dean. I sent this to Ernie Lazar, and then he finally admitted that you do have an FBI number after all.

In fact, Ernie found several folders of FBI material about you -- and much of it confirms your interaction with the Chicago FPCC and with Cuban 26th of July Movement. But it also includes inflammatory data, like the data the FBI used to discredit Silvia Odio, who saw Lee Harvey Oswald in the presence of (as you contend) Loran Hall and Larry Howard at her doorstep on or about September 23, 1963.

The FBI claimed that Silvia Duran was a "mental case." That's how they stomped on her honest account that Lee Harvey Oswald had ACCOMPLICES.

It's not surprising to me -- or to Dr. Caufield -- that the FBI would treat you in the same way, since you also propose that Lee Harvey Oswald had ACCOMPLICES, namely, Loran Hall and Larry Howard, who were also personal friends of yours there in Southern California.

You aren't likely to get a sympathetic answer from Ernie Lazar after all these years, Harry. Ernie has shown a lot of bias against your CT theory, and will continue to do so, I'm certain.

But I still believe you. General Walker was the mastermind of the JFK murder --- this is what you said in 1965, before anybody else. Now, more than a half-century later, Dr. Jeff Caufield is finally advancing the same CT with hundreds of scholarly citations.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

I am going to take this opportunity as a point of personal privilege to comment upon Paul's first sentence because Paul knows he has deliberately LIED when he wrote that....

"...it seems to me that Ernie Lazar has not found such a memo yet, but it also seems to me that he isn't looking for it."

[my bold emphasis and underlining].

I told Paul two years ago (both publicly and in private emails) that I submitted FOIA requests for every single reference identified in every HQ and field office file on Harry Dean as well as requesting every single item listed on every "search slip" appearing in both Harry's FBI-HQ and FBI-Los Angeles field file.

I will repeat something here for those who have not followed this discussion previously:

There is a specific protocol followed by FBI name check clerks (at both HQ and in FBI field offices) when somebody asks for a name check on an individual.

Field office clerks typically use FBI form FD-160 which is the FBI's "Indices Search Slip."

The equivalent HQ form is 4-22 and 4-22a

A requester can limit what type of records should be searched by checking off various options on those search forms. For example, a requester can ask for only "subversive references" or only "criminal references" or only "main file references".

In addition, the requester can limit a search to just one or more specific localities. And the requester can ask for a search for only the "exact spelling" of a name or all variations of a name such as Robert, Robbie, Bob, Bobby, Bobbie, etc.

BOTTOM-LINE

The Name Check Unit of FBI HQ searched for documents on "Harry Dean" and "Harold Dean" on December 18, 1963.

The Name Check Unit of FBI-Los Angeles searched for documents on Harry Dean on November 19, 1964 and again on May 3, 1965.

NOTE: The primary reason why FBI Name Check Units were instructed to search for records about Harry was because of Harry's 11/63 letter to J. Edgar Hoover. When HQ checked its indices, it could not locate anything to substantiate Harry's claim that he functioned as an informant for the Chicago or Los Angeles field offices---so Hoover asked Chicago field and Los Angeles field to prepare a memo summarizing what they knew about Harry Dean. That is why the Name Check Units searched.]

The Name Check Unit then listed all the responsive file number(s), serial numbers, and in some instances, the specific pages of a serial which mentioned anybody by the name of Harold Dean or Harry Dean.

I told Paul in private emails on several occasions that I had obtained ALL of those references and many of them were not even about our Harry Dean. They were about other persons by that name. BUT everything released to me does NOT contain any corroboration for Harry's story.

IN ADDITION - the FBI also performed a Name Check on persons whom Harry mentioned during his contacts with the FBI. I then obtained those serials or files -- and, AGAIN, there was nothing to support Harry's contentions except for one single reference that mentioned (in one sentence!) that he was involved with the FPCC.

So here again we see indisputable proof that Paul is prepared to deliberately LIE when he thinks it will advance his arguments.

or classified secret?

Paul began "interacting" with me in June 2010 -- not 2013. I did NOT claim that Harry did not have a file number. That is another FABRICATION by Paul. Think about it logically for a moment.

(1) I had never submitted any FOIA request on Harry Dean so how could I know whether or not there was any FBI file number?

(2) I received the FBI-Los Angeles field file on the Birch Society starting in January 2003 (7 YEARS before I ever had any contact with you!). Serial #1258 in that file (dated 4/1/77) is a letter from the Assistant Director in Charge of the Los Angeles field office to James Horwitz who wrote a column about his interview with Harry which was published 3/16/77 in the Las Virgenes CA Independent Valley News. At the bottom of the FBI file copy of that letter, there is a reference to Harry Dean's Los Angeles file number 105-12933. So, obviously, I had Harry's Los Angeles file number 13 years ago! What I did NOT have, is his Chicago field file number (until I saw documents online on the Mary Ferrell website and documents which you sent to me.]

(3) I did not "finally admit" anything because it was never something in dispute. What I said, IN WRITING, as far back as June 2010, and I wrote this in clear plain English --- is that there was NOTHING in FBI files pertaining to the Birch Society or JBS-related subject matters to corroborate Harry's claims about his alleged "relationship" with the FBI or his alleged "reports" regarding a "JBS plot".

I also said that based upon ALL available evidence, it was clear that Harry was NOT any sort of "informant" or "confidential source" for the FBI. Instead---it is now indisputably self-evident that Harry provided un-solicited information to the FBI.

HARRY decided what documents HE thought the FBI might want to see. And HARRY decided if/when and how he would contact the FBI.

That explains why every contact which Harry had with the FBI (by mail, by phone, or in person) was recorded on their FD-71 form (which is captioned "Complaint Form").

The FD-71 form is the general intake form used by FBI field offices, i.e. ANY general contact from the public (by phone, by mail, or in person) is recorded on their general intake form instead of the standard form used by the FBI when they recorded information received from their actual informants.

I did not find "several folders of FBI material" about Harry. Another fabrication by Paul.

I found out that NARA had his FBI-HQ and FBI-Los Angeles files, and, unlike yourself, I acquired them and they also prove that Harry had misrepresented his "relationship" with the FBI (and with the CIA) or, if you prefer his generic term "intelligence agencies".

One should also note that many of the serials in both his HQ and Los Angeles files are very duplicative, i.e. Los Angeles sends a memo to HQ and then HQ re-types the exact same information in a summary memo OR Chicago field sends information to Los Angeles and then Los Angeles or HQ prepares a summary memo which quotes the exact same information verbatim.

In other words, if you ignore all the duplicative material appearing in his HQ and Los Angeles files, there are only about 15 or 20 serials that actually provide any significant new information. Some serials are very lengthy because they repeat the titles of the 16 documents which Harry gave to FBI Agents from Los Angeles field who interviewed him.

The difference (which you obviously do not want to acknowledge) is that unlike Silvia, Harry was actually committed to a mental institution AND Canadian law enforcement officials confirmed to the FBI that Harry had been "certified insane" at one time -- which information Canadian authorities sent to the FBI on his rap sheet.

What you call "bias" is simply an inability, (despite repeated efforts) to find ANY documentary evidence to support Harry's story about his alleged recruitment by "intelligence agencies" or his supposed contacts with SAC Wesley Grapp in Los Angeles or his supposed reports to the FBI about a "JBS plot" . If such documents existed, I would be the first person to acknowledge their existence. But EVERY file I have obtained (and I might add -- YOU never bothered to request those FBI files so you have a lot of nerve criticizing my efforts) does not contain any references to Harry providing such information to the FBI.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

My other comments regarding Paul's message appear in BLUE FONT underneath his absurdities.

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Very nice Ernie. You spent a lot of time on this. Thanks so much for making it available to us.

BTW, I should acknowledge, in Joan Brady's fine new book on the Hiss/Chambers case, she acknowledges Ernie as being one of the most prolific and expert users of the FOIA in America.

Harry Dean,

Please tell your intelligence recruitment and training.

That is, tell about how you were recruited to do intelligence work. And how, when, and by whom you were trained to do such work. And also, if I may, who (without naming names necessarily) instructed and handled you.

Thanks.

Harry Dean,

Please tell your intelligence recruitment and training.

That is, tell about how you were recruited to do intelligence work. And how, when, and by whom you were trained to do such work. And also, if I may, who (without naming names necessarily) instructed and handled you.

Thanks.

Hold on one second, Jon. Who said that Harry Dean was recruited to do Intelligence work?

Evidently you're unaware of the TRUTH about Harry Dean, which Harry has been trying to bring out for YEARS.

Harry Dean was a VOLUNTEER of information to the FBI. He was never *recruited* or offered MONEY for his Information.

Harry Dean is a PATRIOT who got involved with the 26th of July Movement with his eyes open -- but when it was taken over by the FPCC, and Harry saw how many COMMUNISTS were inside that group, Harry VOLUNTEERED to go to the FBI to tell them what he knew.

The FBI accepted Harry's information at first -- for months. This includes the time that Harry went to Cuba to obtain recognition for his 26th of July membership. The FBI wanted to know what happened there in Cuba. According to Harry, there was a member of the CIA present at that briefing. That's perfectly logical.

Yet Harry NEVER claimed to be an Agent or a Paid Informant of the FBI or CIA at any time. Ever.

There was a FICTION WRITER named W.R. MORRIS who wrote shameless fiction stating that Harry Dean was both an FBI and a CIA Agent. That was written without Harry Dean's permission.

I want to ensure that you know that.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Thanks, Paul Trejo.

BTW, we aren't adversaries. I want only the truth.

I completely agree with you, Jon, that we aren't adversaries. I regard you as objective and intelligent. Sadly, the loudest voices among the CT community have attacked Ruth Paine with force and anger -- and they remain the dominant voices out here.

I seek to change all that. Reason must rule the day.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo