The Education Forum

Did Gloria Calvery almost catch up to Marion Baker?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is fair to say that 3-years later in 1963

Gloria's appearance would not have changed that much, in searching for her in the Dealey Plaza images

from 11/22/63 we should be looking for a woman  with a similar appearance as the image above. ( a woman wearing glasses )

Z0kEdOb.jpg

Running woman had a little tragedy of her own as Jack past her, as she greeted him with enthusiasm, something popped on her babushka and it fell off her head, all that was left was the band that was supposed to hold it in place and now, with the head scarf hanging off her shoulders, she ran back to the building to fix it before anyone else noticed her uncombed hair (or whatever you think spooked her). Partially hidden by a taller woman in Zapruder because Altgens reveals she was closer to the edge of the curb than those nearest to her. 

On 12/19/2016 at 9:09 AM, Bill Miller said:

Many are Bill but in this specific case that was from a researcher's own hand, Linda has participated in this thread and we've touched on this controversial issue somewhere in the early pages. 

4 hours ago, Clive Largey said:

Many are Bill but in this specific case that was from a researcher's own hand, Linda has participated in this thread and we've touched on this controversial issue somewhere in the early pages. 

Linda who?  I only see one lady in the line of women who wore a dark skirt and white top that could possibly fit the running woman seen in Robin's clip. This woman ran from her position along Elm and followed Patrolman Baker up the steps. Only one woman wearing a white top and a black form fitting skirt is seen running towards Officer Baker. So please find the running woman in Darnell in that line of ladies as maybe I am missing something even though I do not believe that I am.

C and D.jpg

GCrun00.jpg

Edited by Bill Miller

She has the "top" covering her head in Zapruder, which is next seen hanging off one shoulder in Altgens. note the pointer in my image above, in Darnell she is seen hanging onto it so it wouldn't fall off her back. There's also a slight variance in the darkness of her outfit depending on the source, my second pointer marks her slightly hidden by a taller lady in Zapruder.

The woman marked "C" above stayed in place and is seen in Couch below.

8A3YGRH.jpg

Linda Zambinini wrote the obit and thanked us for our interest in it on page 8.

You proved the point that Bob brought up, that anyone reading it would understandably take it as a fact that it was her that we see runnning to the building because it's right there in her obituary but even Linda herself had doubts, so that connection which you quoted was premature, it wasn't proven.

All covered in this thread.

38 minutes ago, Clive Largey said:

She has the "top" covering her head in Zapruder, which is next seen hanging off one shoulder in Altgens. note the pointer in my image above, in Darnell she is seen hanging onto it so it wouldn't fall off her back. There's also a slight variance in the darkness of her outfit depending on the source, my second pointer marks her slightly hidden by a taller lady in Zapruder.

The woman marked "C" above stayed in place and is seen in Couch below.

8A3YGRH.jpg

Linda Zambinini wrote the obit and thanked us for our interest in it on page 8.

You proved the point that Bob brought up, that anyone reading it would understandably take it as a fact that it was her that we see runnning to the building because it's right there in her obituary but even Linda herself had doubts, so that connection which you quoted was premature, it wasn't proven.

All covered in this thread.

If Gloria Calvery told the truth about immediately running back to the TSBD and following right behind Patrolman Baker as he run up the stairs, then it is the woman in the white top and black skirt as she is the only possible suspect for the woman in the couch film as the only other possibility if that can even be said about that other woman is that she is still at the curb with her friends.

Now about "Linda's doubts" ... Linda either made up the story about Calvery running up the stairs behind Patrolman Baker or Calvery had told he this at some point. Linda didn't tell you that she made that story up - correct!

If the story came from Calvery, then Linda would need to explain how Calvery knew to say she immediately ran to the TSBD to follow Patrolman Baker up the steps as I do not believe anyone would have seen the assassination films at that time so to know to trade places with the sunning woman. Lovelady and Shelley would not have known to say they saw Calvery coming towards them as they were standing on the steps and after walking 15 steps or so they looked back to see Baker and Truly entering the TSBD. So while this "Linda Zambinini" may not be so sure and have doubt if what Calvery had said was true - several assassination witnesses and a supporting film leaves no doubt that Clavery did what she had claimed to have done.

Was there a a recorded or transcribed interview of your conversation with Zambinini?

Edited by Bill Miller

Miss H,

she's the same height as those to her left and closest to the curb, exactly what Altgens tells us and in that image she's right there with something hanging off her left shoulder which is on both shoulders in Darnell , that's enough to know that she came from this small group and does not bear the slightest resemblance to the pictures of Gloria Calvery found by others. 

Ran toward the building independent of Baker and not because of him or after him, she had to have started off in that direction swiftly and well before he even decided to stop and get off his bike.

Colors appear faded in this source.

68jhr10.jpg

5 minutes ago, Clive Largey said:

Miss H,

she's the same height as those to her left and closest to the curb, exactly what Altgens tells us and in that image she's right there with something hanging off her left shoulder which is on both shoulders in Darnell , that's enough to know that she came from this small group and does not bear the slightest resemblance to the pictures of Gloria Calvery found by others. 

Ran toward the building independent of Baker and not because of him or after him, she had to have started off in that direction swiftly and well before he even decided to stop and get off his bike.

Colors appear faded in this source.

68jhr10.jpg

That woman (H) is wearing a dress or long coat that is all one color. Running woman is wearing a black form fitting skirt and a white looking blouse. If I were to guess what she is carrying - it would be a purse and or scarf that she is holding up close to her chest as she ran.

Very slow Darnell_last frames.gif

15644887_10154324902713160_1726912708_n.gif

C and D copy.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

If Gloria Calvery told the truth about immediately running back to the TSBD and following right behind Patrolman Baker as he run up the stairs, then it is the woman in the white top and black skirt as she is the only possible suspect for the woman in the couch film as the only other possibility if that can even be said about that other woman is that she is still at the curb with her friends.

Now about "Linda's doubts" ... Linda would need to explain how Calvery knew to say she ran and followed Baker up the steps as I do not believe anyone would have seen the assassination films at that time. Lovelady and Shelley would not have known to say they saw Calvery coming towards them and after walking 15 steps or so they looked back to see Baker and Truly entering the TSBD. So while this "Linda" may not be so sure and have doubt - several assassination witnesses and a supporting film leaves no doubt.

The recollections of witnesses have no influence on my personal assessment of the visual evidence and I think I am better off for it. I assume they are inaccurate from the get go and pay them little mind, or at least not as much as is traditional.  thus your conundrum does not effect me and it's this improved version of the Darnell film has helped me in that regard. Darnell shows Smith being followed by Lovelady and Shelley directly towards where these woman were standing. That's where I believe all three of these men where informed on what had happened and not when they were near the TSBD.

Running woman is not Calvery, looks nothing like the stocky woman in the wedding photo or images taken previous(that was one observation of Linda's, one doubt) and Miss "C" was actually wearing a red skirt and a full white blouse, running woman has something over her shoulders that is light colored but the rest of her outfit is dark top to bottom.