The Education Forum

Such a Deal

Jim Root

Is this odd?

Page 257 of the Warren Commission report states: “…his (Oswald) plane fare from London to Helsinki, where he received his visa, cost him $111.90”. There is no footnote for this item given in the Warren Report.

If the CIA could not or would not identify the flight that Oswald was on when he arrived in Helsinki, how did they know the exact price of the ticket? If they did know which flight, and the cost, why did the CIA only say, they could not identify any direct flight from London to Helsinki that would allow Oswald to check into his Hotel at the time we know that he in fact did check in?

It is true, of the two flights that did arrive in Helsinki in time for Oswald to check into his hotel when he did....neither was a direct flight. He had to have changed aircraft.

Seems the information was collected about Oswald's travel from London to Helsinki.....but the passenger list....never provided. And the excuse.....no "direct flight."

Jim Root

Chuck

I have never seen an answer to your question about the Mayor of Dallas having to approve the motorcade route but would tend to believe he would have had to approve the use of police personal, etc.

I do know he would have had nothing to do with Oswald's travel from London to Helsinki.

Jim Root

You could say this is a addendum of sorts to the whole issue of Finland, as some of us remember LBJ as VP went on a Northern Countries diplomatic goodwill mission in September of 1963,

where, he was in Finland, players [at one time] Ambassador to Finland Carl Rowan, his press attache Edward J. Savage, others John D. Hickerson and Finnish Amb. to the United States

Richard Seppala. Of all dates......

September 11, 1963 LBJ's driver while he was in Finland Klaus Bertil Granblom [of Finland] died in an automobile accident. The newspaper coverage of that day Fort-Worth Star Telegram

9-11-63 mentioned this event in an article entitled "Johnson succeeds where Powers Failed." Granblom had died two days earler. As is not too surprising, I have never run across JFK

Assassination documents that detail that event. Makes one wonder what else we don't know about that trip.....

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/Archives/JFKPOF-128-024-p0010.aspx

https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1961-63v16/persons

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert

As you suggest Finland may be important....I believe for many reasons. One of interest:

At the end of WWII Operation Stella Polaris pulled Finnish cryptologists out which began the Venona Project headed up by NSA affiliates Frank Rowlet and Meridith Gardner......who would investigate Oswald's radio etc. tor intelligence value. both these men were closely associated with a funny little man named John Hurt. Richard Helms was involved with this Operation and Edwin Walker MAY have been as well.

Jim Root

Nice to see you hereabouts......After all the time in the old days we discussed John Hurt, I eventually started buying up old books on cryptology, as well as James Bamford's works. While this isn't addressing the topic of this thread. I believe one of the dynamics of the assassination, has to do with a generation gap, ie The Greatest Generation vs The Best & The Brightest. The former, I believe felt JFK didn't pass their litmus test for what constituted leadership. I might add thank God, he didn't because if he had listened to the JCOS and their ilk, the world, as we know it, Cuban Missile Crisis with a different endgame, in a nuclear cloud.....always treasure the old days on the Forum....we were personally committed, and could exchange thoughts and beliefs without mocking our parentage.....Cheers

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert

Nice to see some of the "Old Gang" still around. For myself....just so many things fall into place with the research many of us have done.

Have to believe that a couple of people didn't just happen to come together and have Kennedy killed with some quickly put together plot. If any group was involved they had to be aware of every aspect of not just the assassination but also the investigation to be successful.

And 50 years later....if they existed.....they were successful!

But the internet has made so much information available now.......there are few rocks to hide under but oh, so much quicksand in the pathways.

Jim Root