The Education Forum

Paper and website about the the head wounds -- Looking for author or other x-rays expert

Ah, well ...

Hopefully, while in New Orleans, Baker or someone else (or literally every able bodied person) at Ozzfest this weekend asks Roger Stone about Brigadier General Godfrey McHugh's 1978 HSCA and Kennedy Library interviews and LBJ's "virtuoso" award-winning performance of MacBeth in the Air Force One bathroom, just repeatedly, asking him about it over and over again, until Stone loses it.

I'm not so sure LBJ breaking down crying in the AF1 bathroom was an act.

The capture of Oswald may have been jarring news for Lyndon -- if there was a patsy chain leading to Castro why not a patsy chain leading to Lyndon?

"They're going to get us all. It's a plot. It's a plot. It's going to get us all.'" -- McHugh quotes LBJ.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-m-gillon/a-new-wrinkle-in-the-jfk_b_339026.html

When the White House Situation Room reported that the lone assassin was in custody -- LBJ was off the hook.

Prior to that, he may have had good reason to sense he'd been set up to take the fall given certain contingencies.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with you, Cliff. I was just probably being a little too glib for the room.

To clarify: I think Roger Stone is a mendacious, albeit sometimes entertaining, career political operative whose primary virtue is his studied recommendations of pizza parlors.

In this Godfrey McHugh case, he's really bent one solitary conversation between McHugh and Bobby Kennedy into the suggestion that McHugh thought LBJ was putting on an "obscene" staged "performance" aboard AF1 --- when I think the rest of McHugh's interviews discount that bizarre and forced interpretation. I just want someone to forcefully hold Roger Stone to account for that, in person, if possible.

Edited by Matthew Phelan

ALSO:

Apologies to Ramon for derailing this thread's topic! By way of update, he and I have been oddly busy trying to build a good team for this 3D model. If anyone knows someone -- who is not already an obvious assassination buff with known publications displaying his or her interest -- you should maybe forward them along to Ramon. It may help widen the search for available interested experts, who have the time and inclination to help, but whom we would not have thought to ask.