The Education Forum

JFK Forum: Rules of Behaviour and other points

John Simkin

We are all learners. We are all amateurs [in both  the literal and colloquial sense of the word]. We are all researchers for what is life itself but one long research? Let us have no bogus and spurious hierarchy of 'biographies' in this forum. As for your disdain for graffiti  I feel it is unfounded. There is a lot to be said for graffiti which 'scratches' the surface to reveal deeper truths.

The problems created by people insisting on remaining anonymous can be found here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2433

It seems Gibson was not telling the truth. Your decision not to post your details can only create suspicion about your motives for refusing to abide by forum rules. Maybe you just like playing the role of being a naughty boy. In truth, I could not care less what you do. The rest of the forum do not seem to be influenced by your behaviour and are posting their biographies and photos.

I do agree with John here, a photograph and biography add credibility, we can do without a photo, but if you do not have a bio, then there is no reason to believe anything that you post.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited by John Dolva

DISINFORMATION AND FLOODING OF THIS FORUM IS NOW OCCURRING

IGNORE THE DISRUPTIVE AND REACTIONARY MESSAGES

USE CRITICAL THINKING AND QUESTION AUTHORITY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Turner

Each member of the forum should provide a bio, and recent photo, what IS the problem with this, were not being asked to provide an elephants ear in a bun. :)

I had some difficulty with the photo requirement. I don't often subject innocent cameras to the humiliating task of attempting to reproduce my image, simply due to the fact that I wish no harm to either the viewer or to the innocent camera.

I fear my most recent publishable photo is a drivers license shot, taken prior to my 50th birthday...after which I cut my hair [donating a 10-1/2" ponytail to a charity that provides wigs to cancer patients], and otherwise "cleaned up my act" so that I might blend into polite society unnoticed. You may notice the "Charles Manson" aspect of my photo...which was intentional, at the time of my visit to the license branch.

In this part of the world, an "elephant ear" is a semi-flat deep-fried piece of dough which is sprinkled with a sugar/cinnamon mix and sold at street fairs and carnivals...which would make a traditional bakery bun a bit redundant, or at least useless. Or were you actually referring to the ear from a pachyderm?

Guest Stephen Turner

[. Or were you actually referring to the ear from a pachyderm?

Hi Mark, its an English saying, it means to be given an order that is impossible to carry out. Steve.

Hi Mark, its an English saying, it means to be given an order that is impossible to carry out. (Stephen Turner)

Steve,

I guess that would be a bit like the English cricket team being ordered to win the ashes back from the Australians? :D

Go you Aussies.

James

Guest Stephen Turner
Hi Mark, its an English saying, it means to be given an order that is impossible to carry out.   (Stephen Turner)

Steve,

I guess that would be a bit like the English cricket team being ordered to win the ashes back from the Australians?  :D

Go you Aussies.

James

James, you are probably right, the games are pretty even at the moment, looking foward to the first test? Sorry to all American members B)

Guest Stephen Turner
Suggested rule:

In keeping with the title of a current thread:

All posts must be supported by adequate evidence, OR be clearly labeled as "pure speculation".  And all speculation on the Forum must be "pure" in nature.

So,Tim, Can we now finally look foward to the supporting evidence re Castro did it? Or mayhap just that darn picture of Diaz in Dealey, or Vecciana's first hand testimony to the Church committee where he makes this claim. No rush buddy, its only been six months.

Suggested rule:

In keeping with the title of a current thread:

All posts must be supported by adequate evidence, OR be clearly labeled as "pure speculation".  And all speculation on the Forum must be "pure" in nature.

Suggested rule:

All posts from Tim Gratz should contain the following disclaimer, "this post is submitted in furtherance of my ultimate goal to have recent American history rewritten to reflect the world view of a tryhard, diehard Republican and to this end extensive poetic license has been used".

It will be helpful, especially for newer members who might mistakenly think that Tim is a genuine researcher.

Mark, you just delight in impugning other people's motives, don't you?

It bothers you to no end when someone does not agree with your preconceived views.

Let me tell you something: a sheep could follow the "conventional wisdom" of the assassination research community. No intelligent thought needed there.

It takes courage to challenge that conventional wisdom and be subject to continual abuse, as I have been.

When, by the way, have you EVER posted anything here but your own opinions, the merit of which I will not comment upon. I do not recall you quoting a book or journal or historian. I have tried to bring to the Forum facts or opinions that are not normally considered by the assassination research community.

Get off your high horse. Quit writing and research since you apparently believe yourself to be a "genuine" researcher. Researching involves READING, not WRITING.

Mark, you just delight in impugning other people's motives, don't you?

It bothers you to no end when someone does not agree with your preconceived views.

Let me tell you something: a sheep could follow the "conventional wisdom" of the assassination research community.  No intelligent thought needed there.

It takes courage to challenge that conventional wisdom and be subject to continual abuse, as I have been.

When, by the way, have you EVER posted anything here but your own opinions, the merit of which I will not comment upon.  I do not recall you quoting a book or journal or historian.  I have tried to bring to the Forum facts or opinions that are not normally considered by the assassination research community. 

Get off your high horse.  Quit writing and research since you apparently believe yourself to be a "genuine" researcher.  Researching involves READING, not WRITING.

Tim,

You're the one on the high horse, aren't you--boring us to death with lofty speeches about the sincerity and purity of your motives. Unbelievable. Then you have the cheek to give yourself a pat on the back for challenging conventional wisdom. Rewriting history to suit your politics is what you should have said.

My post was a response to your ridiculous and breathtakingly pretentious "suggestion" to change the rules. What's "adequate evidence", Tim? What's "pure" speculation? You provide neither. The Forum's not your personal plaything. You don't make the rules.

As for you're critcism of me for not quoting books or historians, what about Lane, Summers, Garrison, Weisberg, Wise and Ross, Manchester, Dallek and Thomas Buchanan? I have works of all the foregoing and have quoted them in posts, you patronising peanut. I suppose Buchanan doesn't count because you've trashed his book on this forum--he's not to be believed because he was a Communist, remember?

Also, if anyone needs to read more and write less, it's you. You've made more posts than anyone except John. The difference is his are interesting, while you just hammer away at the same boring, wrong headed theme.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephen Turner
Hi Mark, its an English saying, it means to be given an order that is impossible to carry out.   (Stephen Turner)

Steve,

I guess that would be a bit like the English cricket team being ordered to win the ashes back from the Australians?  :clapping

Go you Aussies.

James

Hello James, DONT GIVE UP THE DAY JOB :beer

Steve,

I guess that would be a bit like the English cricket team being ordered to win the ashes back from the Australians?  :D

Go you Aussies.

James

Hello James, DONT GIVE UP THE DAY JOB ;)

Steve,

Lucky I am retired. :beer

I knew that crack would come back to haunt me. Well done to you guys over there. The better team won and this humbled Aussie will crawl back under his rock.

:clapping

James