The Education Forum

Energy and the Human Journey: Where We Have Been; Where We Can Go

Hi:

This will be one of my periodic, “What am I trying to do?” posts.  I have recently written on the “intelligence” issue and how people a lot smarter than me can badly miss the mark.  How can Bill Gates profess to be a humanitarian when he pals around with the greatest mass murderer alive?  It can’t be because he is stupid, not in the way that we usually think of it.  His CPU operates at a high speed.  Is he that naïve?  Does his Asperger syndrome (or a close cousin to it) defeat his ability to understand?  Maybe he just doesn’t care, and his “humanitarian” efforts are an elaborate act.  Maybe it is more calculated, as he pals around with war criminals and mass murderers so that he can keep doing his good works of promoting vaccination, etc., but I doubt it.  He could fund a free energy effort with his spare change, but he promotes fission instead.  Maybe he is very well aware of the GCs, knows his place, and just tinkers around in “safe” areas, knowing that if he ever did anything of substance, that there would be hell to pay.  I can believe that one.  

The integrity issue is paramount, as always, and it manifests in many ways.  The people that I most respect woke up because they pursued the truth and issues of substance, and found out the hard way how the world really works, but they only got there because their hearts were in the right place.  But there is no teacher like experience, and in my career, I have seen very smart people fail to understand basic issues, and in ways that really ended up costing me.  I would try to help them understand, and they obviously didn’t.  One example is when I designed a report that integrated information like nothing else ever did, making our lives far easier and making cash flow reporting foolproof.  I mean a report that adduced information that you could not get any other way, which eliminate the chance for error, and all that it took was five minutes to read the report.  But for my assistants, five minutes was too much, and they made a “bright idea” short-cut that ended up defeating the entire purpose of the report.  I could not believe it at first, that they could be that stupid, and one was likely smarter than me.  Even after I painstakingly showed them, they still did not understand, and I caught that smart one taking that self-defeating short-cut again the next year.

I finally had to conclude that they never really had to do it the hard way, so could not understand.  In five minutes, with my report properly used, they had their arms around the situation, but they decided to save a few minutes by not using the report properly, and made career-threatening mistakes instead.  How stupid is that?  I finally decided that their inexperience prevented their understanding, although I really found it hard to believe at first.  

When Mr. Engineer and Mr. Researcher went to work for Ken Hodgell, I literally could not believe it at first.  I smelled Ken’s play in a nanosecond.  I had seen that movie many times by then, and so had Mr. Engineer.  But he would work for whoever paid him (or promised to), and I saw that as more than just naïveté, but that they had exceeded the limits of their integrity.  I had to listen to Mr. Researcher’s sophistry as he justified going to work for Hodgell, and I had to later listen to him scoff about my warning.  Mr. Engineer got the dagger from Ken quickly, so really did not get in too deeply.  Those men were old enough to be my parents, Mr. Researcher was a lot smarter than me, and they were effortlessly duped by Ken.  Those were keen lessons for me, and I continually see people, whom we would call intelligent, disregarding my cautions and rushing out to proselytize their social circles on the free energy issue, to later announce to me that my approach won’t work, when there was nothing of my approach in what they did.  How stupid is that?  And I would caution them over and over, and they just had to go out and do it, somehow thinking that they were doing choir work, when that was the furthest thing from what they were doing.  They were doing the kindergarten version of Brian’s ride as the Paul Revere of Free Energy, and if Brian could not make a dent, what egocentric delusions made them think that they could by chatting up their social circles?  

Was that inexperience and their egos’ inability to understand what I was talking about?  Was it their inability or unwillingness to break out of their sociality?  Sociality is about fear and survival in a world of scarcity, not about love, integrity, and enlightenment.  But for people stuck in sociality, no matter how “smart” they were, that understanding seemed beyond their ability to comprehend.  I have witnessed this repeatedly over the years, as naïve people rushed out to tell the “good news” to their social circles, thinking that that was what I was doing.  I have stated my approach many times, and very simply, and here I go again…

During my days with Dennis, reconstructing his records for free, watching my boss engineer the theft of our Seattle company, to chasing Dennis to Boston, becoming his partner, and my wild ride beginning, which came to its fiery end in Ventura, I learned my life’s most important lessons, and I saw that Dennis’s approaches would not work, which were based around:

• Putting on shows;
  • Playing to the population management ideologies;
  • Offering business opportunities;
  • Doing free energy R&D with the money he raised selling business opportunities, instead of doing it with reinvested profits from heat pump sales.

For the shows, with audiences of a thousand, if we were lucky, there was one person with the right stuff who came for the show.  The rest were there to gawk, size up the opportunity (often so that they could try to steal it), meet their social needs, and the like, and Godzilla’s minions were always in the audience.  I had strong doubts about Dennis’s approach after our Ventura days, and I was certain that they would not work after my second stint with him.  Fool that I am, I still allowed Brian to recruit me to help him found the New Energy Movement, which was another disaster that permanently cured me from taking the mass movement approach.  Those approaches don’t aim high enough.  

So, what am I doing?  What I learned from my journey with Dennis and after was:

• Almost nobody really cares, as their immediate self-interest forms the horizon of their awareness;
  • They were almost all scientifically illiterate, the best they could do was gawk at the spectacle, and when the show was over, they looked for the next bright shiny object to pursue;
  • They were almost all naïve to the realities of how our world really works, although they could have a tabloid fascination with the GCs and other conspiratorial aspects of the situation, but in nothing resembling a deep understanding or comprehensive perspective;
  • Their tunnel vision, which led to their seizing on aspects of the situation, crippled their understanding, keeping it in an egocentric orbit; megalomania and paranoia were common hazards for free energy aspirants, and anybody’s ego is challenged who stands on that stage for long;
  • Any effort with a prayer had to avoid those pitfalls, but free energy newcomers almost invariably rush right at them, and it does not matter how much I warn them; they “know” better.  

I eventually had to conclude that until a person with the right stuff had been awakened, they were of no use for my effort, and nobody is going to wake up with talk or clever writings.  People can only wake up through experience.  But the free energy field is not the place to wake up.  I did, and I was young enough to survive the experience, while others around me didn’t.  I don’t want to bury anybody else whom I got involved in my efforts.  

The next post will be on the path that my choir-members have to travel, to become useful for this effort.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

To continue from my previous post, unless people’s hearts are in the right place and they have been awakened, they are not going to be useful for my effort.  That is not a judgment of those who aren’t; it is like saying that you need to learn arithmetic before algebra, and algebra before calculus.  A kindergartener cannot play in the NFL.  In today’s world of scarcity and fear, almost nobody is willing or able to break free of their conditioning.  They cherish their in-group status, kneel at the altars of the dominant ideologies, and can’t pass integrity tests of any significance.  I am regularly challenged on that reality, but by the unawakened, low-integrity individuals defending their in-group delusions, etc.  

I do not recommend getting awakened how I did.  The high road to free energy is one heck of a place to get awakened, but it is also not easy to survive those lessons.  I have witnessed many casualties.  I have patience issues, and what some think looks like judgment is actually my horrified reaction when free energy newcomers rush out onto that battlefield, like immortal 18-year-olds, thinking that in a few weeks or months of effort, chatting up their social circles and charging at the ramparts, they are going to make free energy happen, as they make all the wrong moves.  I am so tired of watching that suicidal show.  I am doing something radically different, so different that almost nobody can comprehend it.

Waking up means realizing that one’s conditioning is conditioning.  That conditioning has nothing to do with pursuing the truth, making the world a better place, or any of those lofty ideals, but is about making people dutiful members of the herd, who can then be exploited.  I have witnessed people embrace certain death instead of question their conditioning.  Everybody considers themselves to be awake and with integrity, but that is relative.  That former friend who could not stop parroting the TV news is fast asleep, chastised me for not being an obedient member of the herd, and thinks that he is awake and with high integrity, even after committing criminal acts against me.  My mother never came close to waking up, believing everything that was in the newspapers, even when they libeled her son.  I have seen sociopaths claim their high integrity, before they committed murder.  In their minds, they had it, but their victims sure did not feel that way.  

The people that I respected the most all woke up the hard way, after drinking the Kool-Aid of their conditioning.  Does it have to be the hard way, to be useful for what I am doing?  If so, then the choir is going to be tiny, maybe too tiny to make a dent.  I think that people can awaken without going through the meat grinder.  However, what I have noticed is that people with their hearts in the right place, who did not go through the meat grinder, often end up in another layer of the onion, like becoming a liberal rather than a radical, to borrow the Left’s terminology.  I eventually learned that the “radical” left was not really all that radical, and I had to come up with a new term for the perspective needed for my effort: epochal.  So, waking up to the degree required, without going through the meat grinder, is not an easy task.  

An epochal perspective is not easy to accomplish, but that is what anybody in the choir has to achieve.  I am not asking people to go out and risk their lives or chat up their social circles.  That is not what the choir is about.  It is about hitting the notes in chorus.  It is about glimpsing the Fifth Epoch from here, which in of itself is unprecedented in the human journey.  It is about understanding that free energy is far from precluded by orthodox physics, the more worldly will accept that the technology is already here and what its potential is, they will understand the rudiments of how organized suppression works, enough to know what walking into the lion’s den looks like, and they will understand the power of combined positive intention, engaged in by the awake and committed.  They will understand the role that energy plays on our world, and the role that it has always played.  They will have an Indian guide like me, who has been on the battlefield and knows where to tiptoe.  But for those that I seek, they won’t need to be on a leash, to prevent them from running into the meat grinder (and dragging those around them in with them), in their naïve enthusiasm.  

That is where people in the choir have to get to, and that cannot be achieved by anything less than hard work.  I have seen people study my work for many years and still not understand.  Heck, it took me many years myself to get there.  I began my journey extremely talented, groomed to be what I became, although I became something that my parents could not recognize, and it took me some time to shed the racism and bigotry that I was raised with.  I had my mystical and cultural awakenings in the same year that my energy dreams began, a voice in my head led me onto a path that I could not imagine, and after several years of idealism and disillusionment, the voice spoke up a second time, again when I asked for it, and landed me in the middle of the greatest effort yet made to bring alternative energy to the American marketplace, in which the world’s best heating system was put on people’s homes for free, in the most brilliant business effort that I ever witnessed or heard of.  Then my real education began.  If you had told me what lay in store for me when I met Dennis, I would not have believed any of it.  Four years later, my life was shattered and I was radicalized.  My life’s greatest lessons had been learned by age 30.  The rest has been the small stuff.  Even so, I then resumed my studies, which have not stopped in the ensuing 30 years.  But I did so in my radicalized state, and without that radicalization, I doubt that I would have ever had much worth saying.  

I was a comprehensivist-in-training, but did not know that I was, and not until one of Uncle Bucky’s pupils had me read some of Bucky’s work did the lightbulb finally go on, and my writings have been consciously comprehensive ever since.  But I first had to come out the other end of my monster of a midlife crisis, sent to the darkest part by burying Mr. Professor, when that voice popped up, unbidden that time, and those years of pain did not begin to end until Dennis showed up at my home to invite me to the White House.  Only when the clouds began to break was I fit for my next task, of performing the study that resulted in my big essay, which was intended to be the hymnal for the choir.  I’ll be updating that essay, like a college textbook, until I can’t do it anymore, and my most recent revision is two years overdue, while I got sidetracked by resuming my career, working on Uncle Ed’s bio, and the like.  If I am lucky, I will publish the next version within a year, and it will be significant.  The thrust of the essay will not change, but I will be putting more meat on the bones.

For those in the choir, it will be quite a chore to gain the perspective that I think is needed to make a dent, and we won’t be singing for the benefit of the masses.  Anybody is welcome to listen, but the people I seek will have been pining for that song for their entire lives, and they will know it when they hear it.  The love and enlightenment path to Epochal change has never been tried before.  Those people are going to be needles in haystacks, and that is OK.  I do not expect less, and this is a great way for me to learn patience, mounting a project that may not bear obvious fruit until after I am dead.  

In the next post, I am going to get into the details a little on what learning to hit the notes can be like.  There is more than one way to get there, but the destination will be the same.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

To continue from my previous post, unless people’s hearts are in the right place and they have been awakened, they are not going to be useful for my effort.  That is not a judgment of those who aren’t; it is like saying that you need to learn arithmetic before algebra, and algebra before calculus.  A kindergartener cannot play in the NFL.  In today’s world of scarcity and fear, almost nobody is willing or able to break free of their conditioning.  They cherish their in-group status, kneel at the altars of the dominant ideologies, and can’t pass integrity tests of any significance.  I am regularly challenged on that reality, but by the unawakened, low-integrity individuals defending their in-group delusions, etc.  

I do not recommend getting awakened how I did.  The high road to free energy is one heck of a place to get awakened, but it is also not easy to survive those lessons.  I have witnessed many casualties.  I have patience issues, and what some think looks like judgment is actually my horrified reaction when free energy newcomers rush out onto that battlefield, like immortal 18-year-olds, thinking that in a few weeks or months of effort, chatting up their social circles and charging at the ramparts, they are going to make free energy happen, as they make all the wrong moves.  I am so tired of watching that suicidal show.  I am doing something radically different, so different that almost nobody can comprehend it.

Waking up means realizing that one’s conditioning is conditioning.  That conditioning has nothing to do with pursuing the truth, making the world a better place, or any of those lofty ideals, but is about making people dutiful members of the herd, who can then be exploited.  I have witnessed people embrace certain death instead of question their conditioning.  Everybody considers themselves to be awake and with integrity, but that is relative.  That former friend who could not stop parroting the TV news is fast asleep, chastised me for not being an obedient member of the herd, and thinks that he is awake and with high integrity, even after committing criminal acts against me.  My mother never came close to waking up, believing everything that was in the newspapers, even when they libeled her son.  I have seen sociopaths claim their high integrity, before they committed murder.  In their minds, they had it, but their victims sure did not feel that way.  

The people that I respected the most all woke up the hard way, after drinking the Kool-Aid of their conditioning.  Does it have to be the hard way, to be useful for what I am doing?  If so, then the choir is going to be tiny, maybe too tiny to make a dent.  I think that people can awaken without going through the meat grinder.  However, what I have noticed is that people with their hearts in the right place, who did not go through the meat grinder, often end up in another layer of the onion, like becoming a liberal rather than a radical, to borrow the Left’s terminology.  I eventually learned that the “radical” left was not really all that radical, and I had to come up with a new term for the perspective needed for my effort: epochal.  So, waking up to the degree required, without going through the meat grinder, is not an easy task.  

An epochal perspective is not easy to accomplish, but that is what anybody in the choir has to achieve.  I am not asking people to go out and risk their lives or chat up their social circles.  That is not what the choir is about.  It is about hitting the notes in chorus.  It is about glimpsing the Fifth Epoch from here, which in of itself is unprecedented in the human journey.  It is about understanding that free energy is far from precluded by orthodox physics, the more worldly will accept that the technology is already here and what its potential is, they will understand the rudiments of how organized suppression works, enough to know what walking into the lion’s den looks like, and they will understand the power of combined positive intention, engaged in by the awake and committed.  They will understand the role that energy plays in our world, and the role that it has always played.  They will have an Indian guide like me, who has been on the battlefield and knows where to tiptoe.  But for those that I seek, they won’t need to be on a leash, to prevent them from running into the meat grinder (and dragging those around them in with them), in their naïve enthusiasm.  

That is where people in the choir have to get to, and that cannot be achieved by anything less than hard work.  I have seen people study my work for many years and still not understand.  Heck, it took me many years myself to get there.  I began my journey extremely talented, groomed to be what I became, although I became something that my parents could not recognize, and it took me some time to shed the racism and bigotry that I was raised with.  I had my mystical and cultural awakenings in the same year that my energy dreams began, a voice in my head led me onto a path that I could not imagine, and after several years of idealism and disillusionment, the voice spoke up a second time, again when I asked for it, and landed me in the middle of the greatest effort yet made to bring alternative energy to the American marketplace, in which the world’s best heating system was put on people’s homes for free, in the most brilliant business effort that I ever witnessed or heard of.  Then my real education began.  If you had told me what lay in store for me when I met Dennis, I would not have believed any of it.  Four years later, my life was shattered and I was radicalized.  My life’s greatest lessons had been learned by age 30.  The rest has been the small stuff.  Even so, I then resumed my studies, which have not stopped in the ensuing 30 years.  But I did so in my radicalized state, and without that radicalization, I doubt that I would have ever had much worth saying.  

I was a comprehensivist-in-training, but did not know that I was, and not until one of Uncle Bucky’s pupils had me read some of Bucky’s work did the lightbulb finally go on, and my writings have been consciously comprehensive ever since.  But I first had to come out the other end of my monster of a midlife crisis, sent to the darkest part by burying Mr. Professor, when that voice popped up, unbidden that time, and those years of pain did not begin to end until Dennis showed up at my home to invite me to the White House.  Only when the clouds began to break was I fit for my next task, of performing the study that resulted in my big essay, which was intended to be the hymnal for the choir.  I’ll be updating that essay, like a college textbook, until I can’t do it anymore, and my most recent revision is two years overdue, while I got sidetracked by resuming my career, working on Uncle Ed’s bio, and the like.  If I am lucky, I will publish the next version within a year, and it will be significant.  The thrust of the essay will not change, but I will be putting more meat on the bones.

For those in the choir, it will be quite a chore to gain the perspective that I think is needed to make a dent, and we won’t be singing for the benefit of the masses.  Anybody is welcome to listen, but the people I seek will have been pining for that song for their entire lives, and they will know it when they hear it.  The love and enlightenment path to Epochal change has never been tried before.  Those people are going to be needles in haystacks, and that is OK.  I do not expect less, and this is a great way for me to learn patience, mounting a project that may not bear obvious fruit until after I am dead.  

In the next post, I am going to get into the details a little on what learning to hit the notes can be like.  There is more than one way to get there, but the destination will be the same.  

Best,

Wade

Hi:

I have written many times that integrity and sentience are going to be the keys.  Sentience and “intelligence” are not the same thing, but related.  It was after Brian’s ride as the Paul Revere of Free Energy, after interacting with the very tops of Earth’s scientific, academic, and progressive institutions, that he began openly wondering whether humanity was a sentient species, as all that he received were crazed reactions of fear and denial, from some of Earth’s “smartest” people.  IMO, they could not give up their religion, and a mystical awakening is one cure for that false belief system known as materialism, which is the religion of our Epoch.  I am not sure that it is required, but I know that without it, so-called “smart” people can be trapped by the seductions of their faith.  

If a choir member can hit the notes via materialism, more power to him/her.  But most of what is needed to hit the notes really does not have much to do, if anything, with a mystical perspective, and I will explore some of those issues in these posts.  My big essay only lightly touches on mystical ideas.  I’ll present some examples of the kinds of comprehensive thought that the choir will aspire to.

Some of my favorite chapters of my big essay are early ones, such as when complex life migrated to land.  Autotrophs had to migrate first, or else the heterotrophs would have not had anything to eat.  So, plants made it first, and had land to themselves for 40 million years or so.  The first plants were moss-like.  Later, plants evolved features that made land-based ecosystems possible, such as roots, leaves, water-conserving cuticles, the polymer lignin, which allowed plants to grow large and tall, and other features.  Evolution is a one-way process, and once plants had solved its land-living problems with those features, they never fundamentally changed.  Later, seeds solved the problem of living in dryer environments, and trees eventually appeared.  

Later, animals made a similar migration, and they had to solve their own problems in order to migrate, but most animal phyla never accomplished it and remain denizens of the ocean.  Plants adapted to animals by growing bark and developing chemical strategies to keep from being eaten.  I share the fascination of paleobiologists, who investigate ancient life, imagining what it was like.  Great controversies are still to be settled, such as the role of oxygen.  My essay update will deal with the latest evidence.  It looks like the success of early trees, and the inability of anything to digest lignin, led to the highest-oxygen period in the eon of complex life, which reduced the atmospheric carbon dioxide so much that it brought on an ice age, which precipitated a major mass extinction.  That undecayed lignin formed the coal beds that humanity used to industrialize.  

That interplay of life, energy, chemistry, geology, and other dynamics is fascinating.  A comprehensive perspective takes it all in, seeing the connections, the dynamics of interplay, and what resulted from it.  The very process of grappling to understand those times can shed light on today’s world.  Paleobiologists and climate scientists see eerie parallels with past extinction events and what humanity is doing to Earth today.  Studying the past is far from an arcane exercise with no importance to today’s world, but can help illuminate today’s dynamics, and understanding those issues can help with understanding what the Fifth Epoch portends.  One criticism that I have seen of my work on the Fifth Epoch, and it is by no means confined to my work, is that the Fifth Epoch will have no positive transformative effects at all, that people will just get greedier, strip-mine Earth with free energy technology, and have the war that will truly end all wars, as humanity exterminates itself.  Brian O made similar comments, such as people arguing that free energy would mean more pollution and environmental destruction, not less.  

I am finishing Ian Morris’s Forager, Farmers, and Fossil Fuels, and as I have written, not bad for a white guy, but his continual quoting of Steven Pinker, and not somebody such as Noam Chomsky, is telling.  Pinker is an imperial hack and can’t tie Noam’s shoes, academically.  That said, Morris echoes Chomsky’s “common sense” observations about humanity, in that people have rational faculties and use them, and Morris makes the case that blaming elites for the structure of Third and Fourth Epoch societies is missing important dynamics.  I agree.  The Left and Right tend to make elites the root of our ills, which is the victim’s view of the world.  Morris rightfully gives the rest of us “credit” for the structure of our societies.  People make decisions based on what works for them, and elites have been alternately cursed and revered for the entirety of civilization.  

Morris strongly makes the case that human societies have never strayed far from the constraints of each society’s energy capture methods.  Morris makes the case that energy capture methods have largely determined the social organization of every society since the dawn of humanity.  I agree.  To understand the role of energy is to understand the rise and fall of societies, and how the energy issue has shaped all societies for all time.  Slavery made economic sense in agrarian societies, but stopped making sense in industrial societies.  It was not some bout of conscience out of nowhere that ended slavery as a hallowed institution.  With that “flexible” human conscience, that justifies eating one’s children in hard times, people grew consciences because they could afford to.

In the Fifth Epoch, when absolute abundance is everybody’s birthright and we become a spacefaring species, none of today’s ideologies will survive.  Warfare is born of scarcity, and will quickly become obsolete in the Fifth Epoch.  When one asteroid can provide all of humanity’s metal needs for the next million years or so, why would we mine Earth to get them?  We won’t.  Mining Earth will make about as much sense as playing Russian roulette.  I doubt that humanity is that stupid.  

However, I also learned that no Epochal Event was anticipated by those living immediately before it.  For the most recent event, the Industrial Revolution was more than a century old before anybody suspected that it was a revolution.  That is a primary reason why free energy talk with one’s social circles is a loser.  Very few people can even imagine the Fifth Epoch today, nor are they interested.  They are just trying to survive their daily lives.  But once free energy becomes a daily reality, then they will begin to wake up and adapt to the new energetic reality, and I expect that it will take a couple of generations for humanity to finally “get it.”  And what a transformation that will be.  We’ll see if I will live to see the beginning of it.  If so, it will be Mission Accomplished.  

But I don’t kid myself: the people who can imagine the Fifth Epoch before it arrives, as a way to help it manifest, are going to be one in thousands, maybe even one-in-a-million, but I can even work with those numbers.  

But it takes a comprehensive perspective to truly understand.  Otherwise, people get tunnel vision, disappear down the rabbit holes, proselytize to their social circles, make all the wrong moves, and the rest of that unproductive activity.  

Understanding the past, in comprehensive fashion, helps understand today’s world and what tomorrow’s can look like, particularly under a radically new energy regime.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

When you develop a comprehensive perspective, you develop tools for thinking about situations and can perform your own assessments.  Usually not to the level of a specialist, but generalists can see things that specialists can’t, as they can get lost in the weeds.  An example is the megafauna extinctions, and it goes far beyond examining stone spear points and cuts on bones.  Why did plants and animals become big?  This issue goes back to the Cambrian Explosion.  Bigger meant more likely to survive.  For trees, it meant that their leaves had a better chance of capturing sunlight (and less chance of being browsed, and a better chance of spreading their seeds), and for animals it meant a reduced chance of predation, often meant heat conservation, and for predators, a better chance of killing a meal.  It has been called complex life’s arms race.  

It happened in the ocean, and when life colonized land, it happened again.  Plants went big and became trees.  Animals went big.  Arthropods became gigantic, aided by record oxygen levels.  The biggest freshwater fish ever lived in those high-oxygen times.  As vertebrates migrated to land, they began their own arms race, and amphibians and amniotes became huge, which culminated in dinosaurs, that most iconic of megafauna.  Scientists still debate how they became so huge, but there is no doubt that they did.  As amphibians gave way to amniotes, as archosaurs rose to dominance, to become too dominant and vulnerable to a mass extinction, which gave mammals their opportunity, the same basic games were played, of gaining enough energy and staying alive long enough to reproduce.  The similarities across ecosystems and organisms gave rise to the concept of guilds, as different kinds of animals developed similar solutions for living (reefs had them, too).  As soon as mammals had the chance, they grew toward dinosaur size, and by 40 million years ago, they reached the maximum size that terrestrial mammals in the current plant ecosystem could support.  They stayed that way on all continents until a bipedal ape arrived on the scene.

When humans arrived, in Africa, and to a lesser extent, Eurasia, animals that evolved alongside humans learned to avoid them and that megafauna largely survived.  But on continents (and islands) that had never seen humans, Australia and the Americas in particular, it was a holocaust, as all of the easy meat quickly went extinct, during the short-lived Golden Age of the Hunter-Gatherer.  Even in Eurasia, megafauna went extinct with the arrival of behaviorally modern humans, such as mammoths, which lived in environments too harsh for early humans to exploit.  Before the arrival of humans on the evolutionary scene, the elephant family was the most successful land mammal ever, and it went completely extinct in the Americas soon after humans arrived.  And there is an entire cottage industry that strenuously argues that humans had nothing to do with it!  

As I performed my studies over the years, not only did the picture of the history of life on Earth become clearer, but so did the impact of the rise of humanity.  It was far more than large animals that went extinct under the human onslaught; all of our cousin species also went extinct, right around the time that behaviorally modern humans arrived.  What a coincidence!  :)  

There is a group of scientists in Australia that churns out endless papers that argue that climate change, not humans, drove the Australian megafauna to extinction.  It took me some time to understand what I was seeing.  The Australian megafauna had been adapted to icehouse Earth conditions for 35 million years, and had survived just fine through more than a dozen ice intervals in our current ice age, to suddenly all go extinct when humans arrived, and climate change did it?  But those scientists doggedly publish paper after paper that “proves” that climate change did it, and not people.  

It took me some time to realize that they were defending their in-group, humanity, and for the megafauna extinctions in the Western Hemisphere in particular, there is a misplaced solidarity with Native Americans.  The thinking seems to be that to acknowledge that the ancestors of the indigenous peoples of Australia and the Americas wiped out the megafauna hurts their efforts to recover from the genocide that Europeans inflicted on them.  While I can appreciate the sentiment, it has no place in a pursuit of the truth, which is what science ideally is.  

I can’t get inside the head of every scientist that advocates climate change for the megafauna extinctions, but I have yet to see a disinterested scientist examine the evidence and not conclude that they were likely human-inflicted extinctions.  That should not be hard to understand, and a comprehensive perspective makes the picture far clearer.  

I almost hesitate to do it, and Uncle Ed might not approve, as he would say that we cannot get inside each other’s heads, but I found obvious parallels between those scientists and those pundits who defended the Establishment at every turn, with “logic” that beggared belief.  Ed often stated that those pundits were simply incapable of understanding how irrational their work was, as they had sold their souls so completely (similar to those hydrocarbon lobby shills who deny climate change).  That may seem to absolve those interest-conflicted pundits of their responsibility, but it brings up that question of whether humans are really a sentient species.  

These are big issues, and go a long way toward explaining why humanity is in its current predicament.  My point is not to get on the case of the sleeping and judging them, but helping the awake manifest the biggest event in the human journey (only then will the masses begin to awaken to the new Epoch) and a comprehensive perspective is a key to being able to see the forest from the trees, winnow the wheat from the chaff, and go for the root instead of hack at branches.  

There are many topics like this in my work, which cuts across disciplinary lines to pursue a comprehensive view.  Of course, caution is always warranted, as the devil is in the details, but the generalist view is critical for seeing the big picture, and science and scholarship has been recovering from its overspecialization (which Uncle Bucky thought was a ruling class tactic to keep scientists in the weeds, never seeing the bigger picture), and interdisciplinary efforts are fast becoming the norm.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi Ernie:

Great questions, and I’ll try to do them justice.  To get into consciousness a little, I doubt that any organism consciously directs its evolution like we would normally think of it (“l think I’ll grow a bigger ‘fill in the blank’”), but consciousness is involved somehow.  I remember one comedian stating that while his big sister slept when he was a child, he “laid awake and grew,” in order to overtake her.  :)  

When Barbara McClintock picked up her Nobel Prize, her acceptance speech included the challenge for scientists to discover how life directs its own evolution.  With the rise of epigenetics, that question is back on the table, and has given rise to fierce controversy, as some scientists try to keep the specter of “intelligent design” at bay.  I’ll say this: science has barely scratched the surface of these issues, and until science recognizes consciousness as more than just an epiphenomenon of brain activity, it will be playing a small game.  Look at this current article in Scientific American that makes the case that science may be on the verge of a paradigm shift, because of the findings of quantum physics.  The technologies that exist on the planet today will destroy the current corpus of mainstream physics if/when they finally come into the open.  Science in the Fifth Epoch won’t resemble today’s very much.  That heavenly Roads world shows what a loving science is capable of.  

On dinosaur size, hypotheses rise and fall with each new finding.  That is how science ideally works.  I made a post on how to read scientific papers, and I was planning to make a post on an article in the current issue of Scientific American, on dinosaurs.  The author has been making the case for a decade that dinosaurs just got lucky (a surprisingly common explanation that scientists invoke), and in the article, he showed how the novel reshuffling of the dinosaur clade last year is being challenged by other specialists, as they get into the details of the new interpretation.  Those challenging scientists went deep on the data, which is commonly laid out in the “materials and methods” section of papers.  That debate will rage on.

Scientists don’t really know why dinosaurs grew to be so large, they are not sure how warm-blooded they were, if at all, and other issues.  But fascinating findings keep being adduced.  We now can tell what color their feathers were.  We know that at least some bird behaviors were dinosaur behaviors, such as brooding their eggs.  Dinosaurs had rookeries, tended their young, and some were quite intelligent.  If not for that asteroid that hit Earth all those years ago, Earth might host spacefaring dinosaurs and mammals would still be living in burrows.  

There definitely are issues of what frames can support, such as arthropod exoskeletons limited their size, especially on land, and internal skeletons can put more “meat on the bones,” so to speak, but the limitations on size are also related to metabolisms, predation, climate, etc., so when a fossil shows a bigger animal than was thought possible, then it is time to junk the hypothesis.  :) That is how science ideally progresses.  Size is a key area of controversy, for all life forms.  Why are they the size they are?  It goes back to bacteria.  

Whales are a keen area of interest for me.  Dolphins are telepaths, but Suzana Herculano-Houzel’s work makes me wonder today just how sentient they may be, as they really don’t have that many neurons in their brains, due to their evolutionary journey.  Why aquatic mammals could grow larger than archosaurs (until the next big fossil is unearthed  :) ) is a very interesting question, and I have not seen any hypotheses on why that is, and with all of the other uncertainty, my guess is that scientists are far from sure.  It is going to be an energy issue, however, with the tradeoffs between metabolism, heat loss, diet, predation, etc.  One hypothesis could well be that in the hot oceans of the Mesozoic, archosaurs did not need to be warm-blooded, but whales did, and getting bigger is a heat-conservation tactic.  That could explain it, but that is certainly off-the-cuff.  I just looked up this article, which is related to your question, and it credits ice age dynamics for the latest increase in whale size.  I’ll buy that.  Ironically, they likely became whales to beat the heat of the Eocene, but got really big because it got cold.  Paradoxes abound.  

To your initial observation, yes, in the end, what worked determined what thrived, what was marginalized, and what went extinct.  And it was always the energy game.  So, size was a successful strategy, at least until humans came along, and megafauna and trees were sources of energy that humans learned to tap.  Humans then inflicted awesome destruction as they plundered those energy sources.  So, from an evolutionary perspective, growing large worked for 600 million years or so, until humans came along.  Then large size was a one-way ticket to extinction.  Whales suffered for their size, too, as they were annihilated for their energy stores.

Thanks for the questions.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

As an addendum to my previous post, how conscious anything’s behavior is is a big bone of contention among scientists, with “lean” and “rich” interpretations of behavior competing against each other.  Giraffes can only get a bite or two of acacia leaves before the acacia will not only produce defensive chemicals to dissuade the giraffes (the first bite is the sweetest, with apologies to Rod Stewart), but will produce chemicals that alert the neighboring acacias, and the typical giraffe’s feeding routine is taking a few bites, moving upwind a hundred yards, taking a few bites, and so on.  How conscious are the giraffes and the acacias in that little dance?  Are the giraffes programmed to “take two bites, move upwind a hundred yards, repeat”?  What is happening in the plants?  Anything like consciousness?  Seth said so.

Chimps in societies with larger territories are bigger and have more offspring.  They also perform genocide on their neighbors, sneaking into their neighbors’ territory, to catch lone males, which they then gang up on and kill.  When the males are all slaughtered, they take the remaining fertile females (infants are always murdered), and then they take the neighboring society’s territory.  So, expanding their energy supply (territory) is the name of the chimp’s game.  Do they understand what they are doing?  Or, did evolution simply favor chimps that slaughtered their neighbors and took their territory, so we have some kind of “hardwired” and evolutionarily favored behavior?  If you could ask the winning chimps why they did it, would they just say something like, “It’s fun?”  Or, did they know that sweet fruit trees were in their neighbor’s territory, and in order to get at them, they had to murder their neighbors?

In Ian Morris’s books, he raises similar questions about humans, as have other scientists.  Societies that played the energy game the best thrived, while those who didn’t lost out, even going extinct.  How much did they understand the issues?  Civilizations rose and fell on the energy issue long before scientists even knew what energy was.  

Cities have always been situated on low-energy transportation lanes, which expanded their effective hinterland.  Morris wrote about maritime societies and the “stimulation” that being a maritime society provided, but it was really just that low-energy transportation lanes expanded the effective hinterland and ultimately, the energy capture, of those societies.  Europe turned the global ocean into a low energy transportation lane and thereby conquered humanity.  The science of energy was centuries into the future.  Western Europe had been riding an energy wave for centuries as it began conquering humanity, with its watermills and other innovations, such as the horse-drawn plow.  

I consider it likely that Morris’s “common sense” played out in those situations.  The benefits of those behaviors and inventions became evident in serving people’s immediate self-interest, so they were adopted, even if the people did not have a scientist’s understanding of what was happening.  Morris invoked those dynamics many times, such as for the spread of agriculture.  Farming could produce more people, even if increasingly unhealthy, compared to their hunter-gatherer ancestors.  More energy meant more people, and those who did not use those energy methods became marginalized or extinct.  

Going big, for plants and animals, was surely a less conscious act than a hunter-gatherer choosing to farm, or chimps going on a murder raid, but what role did consciousness play?  Today’s mainstream science can’t answer that question.  

Brian O’s experience with the world’s “smartest” people on the free energy issue led him to openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species.  It is a fair question.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi Krishna:

You are reading about my people:) I have cited Bageant’s work before.  My family name has been traced back to Scotland, and my ancestors took full advantage of the dispossession of the American Indian.  My father’s parents were driven from Kansas by the Dust Bowl and migrated for years, Grapes of Wrath style, before ending up in Washington, where my parents were born.  Dennis was raised as a migrant farmworker, back when white people still did that.  My father’s mother’s side is where most of my redneck side hails from, and one whole branch of distant cousins never graduated from high school, the girls were all pregnant by 16 or so, the men often ended up in prison, and one redneck cousin murdered his infant son in what was likely a crystal meth haze.  My father is a redneck, and one brother joined the Ku Klux Klan, so I know the mentality all too well.  I was fortunate to escape that mentality after I left home, but it can hang around one’s neck like an albatross.  Awakening to the racism and bigotry that I was raised with was one of my “warm-up” awakenings, to prepare me for my ride with Dennis, and I put that racism and bigotry behind me just before I began asking my Easter Bunny questions.  

In the postwar boom, many of those poor rural whites escaped the farms and poverty, such as Dennis, my father, Mr. Professor, and Joe Bageant.  It was Third Epoch meets Fourth.  My grandfather lived in a sod hit, his son helped put men on the Moon, and his son pursued the Fifth Epoch.  It is one reason why I think that the transition to the Fifth Epoch won’t take that long.  Getting used to abundance won’t be too hard to do.  :) But once the USA’s cheap energy ran out, it has been a long decline that I have lived to see, and history’s greatest middle class has been under siege for nearly 50 years.  

I’ll report on Ian Morris’s books one day, and will use them in my essay update.  One of Morris’s ideas is that people “get the thought they need,” which I see as mostly just another way of saying that people can justify anything, even eating their own children, if that is what it takes to survive.  In the Third Epoch, slavery was a hallowed institution, and was never challenged on universal grounds until the Fourth Epoch arrived.  Yes, each Epoch had its self-serving ideologies that justified the social order, and it is no different today, with capitalist ideology.  As long as you were not at the bottom of the food chain, life could be worse, so people echoed those elite ideologies, as they alternately reviled and revered the elite.  If Morris was even capable of admitting that the GCs exist, I am not sure where he would place them in his framework, and Morris only gives vague hints of what the Fifth Epoch might look like.  That said, there is plenty to chew on in his work, and I am glad that you made me aware of it.

Morris made the Fourth Epoch seem inevitable, stating that if England didn’t do it, France might have.  I am not so sure that it was inevitable, just like the Fifth is not inevitable, even though the technology for it is already here.  We can crash and burn, and according to Michael, a third of ensouled species in our position today don’t make it, but wipe themselves out.  It does not take much imagination to see that happening.  Today is the ultimate test of humanity’s integrity and sentience, and so far, almost nobody is home, trapped in egocentrism and “the thought they need.”  All it will take to turn the corner is for a tiny fraction of humanity to raise their games just a little.  I am not asking for much, not really.  Only then will humanity begin to awaken to the new epoch.  I constantly get people advocating the social approach, which means that they don’t understand, and I receive their dismay when they encounter Level 2s and 3s at “progressive” institutions (who have gotten the thought they need  :) ).  Brian already played that game, and if he could not make a dent, I have no candidates in mind who I think can.  I get those kinds of responses to this day, of dismayed Level 10sSociality is grounded in fear and survival, not integrity and sentience.  

Time to begin my busy week.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

As I have written, I’ll report on Ian Morris’s books before long, I want to provide an example of his imperial bootlicking, and how it undermines his work.  It is the same situation that I wrote about here, in that Steven Pinker showed himself to be an imperial hack, and Morris echoed him.  The Lancet study was the only peer-reviewed and statistically valid study on post-invasion violent deaths in Iraq.  Iraq’s population was estimated at 25 million in 2003, and a million violent deaths equals 4% of the population.  About 10% of the Sunni population was killed off by the American invasion and occupation.  That qualifies as genocide.  But on page 351 of War!  What is it good for?, Morris stated that only 0.3% of Iraqis died violently during the American occupation.  So, he was an order of magnitude off in his presentation.  

Of course, Morris’s “error” is in favor of the invaders, whom he works for.  Those kinds of “errors” in his work make me wary of it.  As I stated, not bad for a white guy, but his internalized imperial biases pop out in numbers like that.  Ironically, that estimate was used by Morris to show how much gentler the Americans were in Iraq as compared to the UK’s Boer War, which killed “one South African in thirty.”  So, the USA arguably had a higher killing rate (one in 25) than the UK did in its “barbarous” war against South Africa.  In Morris’s laudatory version of the American invasion and occupation of Iraq (it was also cheaper in relative terms to the UK’s Boer War, at about half of the GDP cost), incidents such as Fallujah don’t appear.  That is the problem with white guys.  Morris should have used more Noam and Ed and less Pinker, but Noam was never mentioned in any of Morris’s books, when Noam is easily the most prominent American critic of American imperialism, but just as the media does, Morris ignores Noam in favor of the imperial bromides of people such as Pinker.  That is very telling, but typical of mainstream American scholarship, when writing about the American Empire.   

Best,

Wade

Hi:

Back to choir-building.  The qualities needed, and their ranking, will never change much, not for the task I have in mind.  Nothing less has a chance of working.  

I have seen enough failure in my life, of the life-ending and life-wrecking kind.  I know the paths of failure for this pursuit intimately, and have no desire to witness or live through any more reruns.  The time is long past for a different approach.  I am constantly approached by people who advocate the social approach.  Been there, done that, too many times.  It won’t work for very good reasons that it took me many years to finally understand.  Sociality has nothing to do with integrity and sentience, which are the required qualities.  Sociality is based on fear and survival, not love.

That said, the choir will not be an anti-social place to be, or a nerd-only venue.  My best students eventually meet me, on Skype or in person, and I do my best to make my journey as real as I can for them.  The terrain that I crossed can’t be viewed from the cubicle or by surfing the Internet, and I do what I can.  They hear, in quite a bit of detail, of events that I am not at liberty to publicly disclose right now, and some I will never be free to.  Much of it is available for those who do only a little digging.  I provide a great deal of documentation on my site (1, 2, 3, etc.), and when I hear people say that my work is not credible, they have no credibility with me, as I have yet to see one of them leave their armchairs, unless they were disinformation specialists, such as Mr. Skeptic, as he and his pals easily duped the credulous.  A lot of the documentation is available on the Internet, such as patents and programs sponsored by the federal government, but a lot can only be adduced by digging into the archives in university libraries, courthouses, etc.  But only a day or two of digging, the kind that I regularly did as I researched for my site, would be plenty to dig up many impressive documents.  

There are also the events that I witnessed or those close to me did, such as my pal’s underground technology show, another pal’s visit with Sparky Sweet, my close relative’s secret life working for the CIA, Mark’s harsh awakening, hearing Brian tell about Sparky’s last days and Brian’s own brush with death, in an incident that shortened his life, and many other events that people do not want disclosed publicly, which comes with the territory.  Brian was afraid of retaliation from the military goons and spooks who nearly killed him, if he publicly disclosed the details of the event, and I ruefully understood his public reticence and why he fled to South America, to live out the rest of his days.  If Dennis’s life’s story was ever fully told, almost nobody would believe it.  His deadly adventures in Southeast Asia comprised only a small chapter of his incredible journey.

A voice in my head leading me into those events is merely a fun fact, or my moment of truth on the witness stand, when I finally understood, although I don’t know of anybody else on Earth who can tell such a tale.  Our journeys were so preposterous that being asked/ordered to go to Mars was only an amusing footnote.  Those in the choir have to be able to “ground” such information in their awareness, for a few reasons, and one is to help them understand how the world really works, not the Establishment version, which is all about social control.  They have to already be awakened to begin their journey with me.  Reading can’t do it, or a received teaching, but people can only wake up through experience.  

Doing something never attempted before, to help manifest the biggest event in the human journey, is no easy trick.  I have made it up as I went, through the trial-and-error of my journey, trading notes with people such as Brian O, encountering influential work such as Uncle Bucky’s, Ed and Noam’s, etc.

This new approach may not make a dent in my lifetime, but it is establishing the approach that is important, not whether I live to see it bear fruit, and for those I seek, they will understand.  Brian and Dennis immediately knew that it was something different, and it really is difficult to understand, even for the “smart.”  People usually have to completely change their orientation, and few are willing or able to do that.  All of those early levels of the free energy onion, everything before Level 12, reflects deficits in experience, integrity, or sentience, and it does not matter how “smart” somebody is.  On the free energy issue, the vast majority of the “smart” end up in Level 3, which is an emotional/religious level, not based on rationality.  Arriving at a productive understanding of these issues is infinitely more a matter of the heart than the head, so much so that if a person’ s heart is not in the right place, the rest simply won’t matter.  

Time for my busy day.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

This will be a post on a subject that Krishna brought up, on the subtler forms of violence that people such as Pinker fail to see.  This is a subject that I have long written about, and I’ll cover a few aspects of it.  No life form likes being coerced.  In the human line, sociality could be very violent and coercive, and chimp raids on their neighbors could be genocidal.  Gorilla mating tactics have been observed to be coercive, young males constantly try to overthrow the patriarch, and successful “revolutions” mean the death of the infants.  Only bonobos found peace.  

Just how violent early humans were is a huge political football these days, but the evidence shows that late-Stone-Age humans were very violent, with about a third of the men dying violently, and stealing women was a primary occupation.  Strange men in a neighboring band’s territory could be killed on sight, as the assumption was that they were there to steal women.

There were golden ages of relative energy abundance, such as the Golden Age of the Hunter Gatherer and the Neolithic Expansion, but they were short-lived, and soon it was back to the grind, which was when life could become very violent.  While proportionally, agrarian societies were less violent than hunter-gatherer ones, agrarian economies could support orders of magnitude more people, so the absolute numbers that died violently rose dramatically, while the relative numbers declined.  But as Krishna noted, other forms of violence and coercion appeared, such as slavery.  

A primary point that Morris makes in his war book is that in agrarian societies, it made more economic sense to enslave and tax people rather than slaughter them, kind of like pastoral people learning to milk cattle rather than slaughter them, which provided five times the calories as raising them for meat did.  So, agrarian peoples learned low-intensity means of coercion and exploitation, but the threat of violence was always what made it work.

When Europe learned to sail the oceans and conquer humanity, those games were carried to unprecedented levels.  If we leave aside driving our cousin species to extinction, what happened in the Western Hemisphere between Columbus’s first “discovery” and the founding of Jamestown was the greatest genocide in the human journey, as most of a hemisphere was killed off.  The genocide in the Caribbean, where Columbus first “settled,” is a subject of great controversy today.  Were there “only” a million people in the Caribbean when Columbus landed, or were there several million?  The Bahamas, where Columbus first made landfall, was completely depopulated by the Spaniards, as the abducted natives lived short lives of slavery on Española, and remained uninhabited for more than a century, until the English began “settling” it.  The debate is fierce over how many Caribbean natives survived the experience.  It wasn’t many, and was mainly the women who served as concubines for the Spaniards.  

But Spain’s infliction of the genocide on the Western Hemisphere’s natives was not “intentional,” per se, and Columbus was the first to lament the wanton slaughter and genocide, noting that dead slaves can’t get any work done.  The Spanish practice of feeding native infants to their dogs was a waste of slave potential.

But if we go with the high-counter estimates of the pre-Columbian population, 70 million or more natives died in the first century of the Western Hemisphere’s invasion, which was around 90% of the population.  Did 70 million die through violence?  No.  The massacres were relatively few, and were generally performed as part of the path to conquest and creating a pliant slave population.  The Spaniards did not necessarily intend to commit genocide.  Most natives died from disease, the rigors of slavery, and other traumas, not Spanish swords.  So, how many deaths were the Spaniards responsible for?  All of them.  

Uncle Ed often quoted the primary ruling from Nuremberg – that the supreme crime that the Nazis committed was invading other nations – which the USA has been doing without impediment ever since World War II, as we took over where the Nazis left off, even outperforming them at times, but we are somehow the beacon of light to the world.  The Anglo-American invasion and “settling” of North America, which was an intentional genocide, actually inspired Hitler, who formed a similar plan for Eastern Europe.  

When the English conquered India, they did it in phases, and their first conquest suffered the worst.  In the subsequent two centuries, nearly two billion people died early deaths because of the English presence.  How many of those nearly two billion died violently?  A tiny fraction, but the English are responsible for all of those deaths, just as I am partly responsible for the numerous genocides committed and abetted by the USA in my lifetime.  

So, an imperial hack like Pinker can point out how bloodshed has declined, at least relatively, but that grim death toll of slavery and exploitation, and their awesome suffering, does not make it onto his tally.  That is how ideologues work.  

This is a big and important subject, but you won’t find much discussion of it in the West, as repeated genocides are how white people came to populate several continents.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

As a continuation of the previous post, I’ll widen the lens and get a little mystical.  The organized religions are all priesthood-distorted teachings of spiritual masters, both infinite and transcendental.  In a world of scarcity and fear, even the most enlightened teachings can be twisted into means of social control and justifications for violence, oppression, and evil.  Christians are history’s most murderous people, on an absolute scale, as they allegedly followed the teachings of Jesus, whose primary message was love.  Back in the days of the Crusades and Inquisition, the Catholic Church became the polar opposite of Jesus’s teachings.  As Gandhi said, Christians are so unlike their Christ.  Discovering that the most dominant member of the GCs today is an organization within a Christian sect was no big surprise.  

In Michael’s parlance, organized religion is for Baby Souls.  Young Souls engage in materialism, Mature Souls begin the inward journey back to the Source, and Old Souls know that it is all about love.  The Fifth Epoch will not have religion as we know it.  I was reading just this week about a child who was about to become an organ donor, but miraculously awoke from his coma and described his visit to heaven, AKA the astral plane.  He had a standard NDE experience (1, 2).  NDEs confound both religious fanatics and materialists, as the trappings of conventional heavens are not in evidence and oblivion obviously did not await (although debunkers try to make that case, very unsuccessfully), but one of the most common themes is the life review, when NDE experiencers see their entire lives, every moment of them, and they also get to experience the impact of their lives on those around them.  Dannion Brinkley’s first life review is a classic instance.

The bottom line is that we all answer for our actions in our lives.  What we think is important, what we say more so, but our actions are all-important, and our motivation for our actions is the name of the game here.  We are all accountable for our actions and motives, and everything that we do to another, we ultimately do to ourselves.  Just as people are all accountable, so are groups of them, from families to bands to tribes to nations to empires.  As Thomas Jefferson the deist wrote, “Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.”

It does not matter how oblivious a person is, watching the tube, reading the tabloids, etc. – all Americans own a piece of what the American Empire does in their name.  If they remain oblivious today, but are happy beneficiaries of the carnage, they are merely digging a big hole for their soul to eventually crawl out of, and that is a valid path, too.  Karma is real.  Bringing free energy to humanity and initiating the Fifth Epoch would be the greatest act of creating positive karma that can be had on Earth, the crowning moment of any soul’s journey on Earth, and Americans are actually best positioned to do it.  However, they are fast asleep, history’s most brainwashed people, and have not been my target audience since 2004, the same year that Brian fled to South America, to live out the rest of his days in exile.  Since I only write in English, about half of the traffic to my site comes from the USA, and my little choir is mostly American, but I don’t expect it to continue that way.  This has to be a global effort.  That said, much of my site is to help Americans leave their conditioning behind, but not many Americans can read much of my site without their heads exploding, such as this section.  I have watched “progressives” fly into irrational tirades after reading it, as they deny their responsibility for what happens in their names.  They are just digging their holes when they do that, and I have no interest in making people’s heads explode, so sections like that are to dissuade the sleeping from reading my work, while providing plenty of meat for the awakened.  But if an American knows that the greatest force of evil on Earth is the American military, and that there is little, if anything, to cheer about regarding American nationalism, and they understand that all big industries and professions are, to one degree or another, rackets, then they can skip straight to the end and digest my big essay, which can’t be done in anything less than years of study.  Some readers will already be most of the way there, but I doubt that I’ll ever meet a person who would not learn something new in that essay.  

There is more to come, but it is time to begin my busy weekend.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

A few days ago, Russia celebrated the end of World War II.  Back in the summer of 1999, studying World War II and the Holocaust damaged me and my marriage, and I quit drinking the next year, inspired by my experience of that summer, just as my midlife crisis arrived.  If I had been drinking during my monster of a midlife crisis, I might not be here today.

It is not like I had not studied holocausts and genocides before, but that summer was a concentrated version of it, and it took its toll.  As I look back, writing my war essay was partly a reaction to the flag-waving Saving Private Ryan, somebody else wrote a similar book at the same time, and he was amazed at how similar his book was to my essay.  What brings up this post is that I just read an article on the Russian role in World War II, and how the West and Hollywood did its best to write Russia out of that war’s history.  That is what Hollywood and the media do, as they invert reality.  Russia is demonized to this day, as it has been for a century, which Uncle Ed wrote about plenty.  

I just read the end of Ian Morris’s War!  What is it good for?, and he literally ended the book with an exhortation to the American people to keep supporting the American Empire (he literally encouraged Americans to keep supporting our evil intervention in Syria), as a way to save the world, as the alternative was worse.  What an imperial hack, and it is fitting that he is a Brit working at Stanford.  His work is the 21st century version of Kipling’s The White Man’s Burden, and it makes Morris’s embracement of Pinker’s imperial tripe (a Canadian working at Harvard) understandable.  Again, this situation goes back to my journey’s primary lesson, of how “intelligence” has little to do with our predicament.  A Brit and Canadian move to the USA, getting cushy jobs at the leading universities, and churn out ideologically informed “analyses” that minimize the imperial violence of their adoptive countries and exhort Americans to maintain the Empire, as only darkness will follow if they don’t.  Geez!  It makes me wary of everything in Morris’s books, but I’ll still finish them.  You can perform all of the magisterial study in the world, but if your heart is not in the right place, the result of all of that work will be dubious indeed.  For all of Morris’s obvious intelligence and seemingly wide view, he still has the White Scholar’s Disease.  

I almost hate to say it, but just reading the blurbs often give me all that I need to know about books such as Morris’s, as the blurbs are from The Economist, the Washington Post, and the New York Times - the usual suspects of Empire.  There were no blurbs of any kind on Ed and Noam’s Manufacturing Consent, and quite the opposite of blurbs, their work was very actively censored.  Another day in the land of imperial scholarship.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Thanks Krishna:

Yes, Bill Gates is going to be as honest about The Free Software Movement as the GCs are about free energy.  :) Both know that it would be Game Over for them.  

Yes, overcoming our in-group conditioning is far from easy, but hardly anybody wants to, as it feeds them.  This is the integrity issue, once again.  Their unconsciousness is largely a chosen one.  

I’ll agree that Morris is not as bad as Pinker, but Morris liberally used Pinker’s work in his, and similarly minimized the carnage that his adoptive nation has caused, which invalidated the point that he was trying to make.  That is what hacks do.  We can call him asleep, if that can get him off the hook a little, but that sleepiness is what makes his work very pedestrian, in the end.  Yes, he does nice comparisons of Axial Age thinkers, Eastern and Western Third Epoch societies, and other topics, and that is fine, as far as it goes, and I’ll use some of his work in mine, but his conflicts of interest in writing about today’s world are grotesque.  He literally came across as an embedded reporter when writing about drones and the other toys that our military uses on “terrorists.”  I am sure that Ed could have torn Morris a new one, but laying Pinker’s propaganda bare was enough for a man who was 87 at the time.  It was like how Ed tore Human Rights Watch a new one in his work long ago, but would not touch Amnesty International (even after I asked him to).  Ed later gave Amnesty the ignominy it deserves, even calling their participation in imperial crimes “ugly,” to my delight.  

For me, what is highly ironic about Morris’s speculations about the near-future is that he is an academic in California, the heart of “progressives” (with Boston being the heart on the East Coast), and he is completely oblivious of what really happens there.  He is not unique by any means, but his failures in that department are spectacular, for somebody who is trying to think big and be a “visionary.”  

California is the heart of darkness.  From how it was “settled” to Mark’s adventures to Gary Wean’s to Rodney Stich’s to Sparky Sweet’s to Brian’s to ours to those alternative cancer treatment doctors, the record is long and grim, with literal gangsters sitting on federal benches.  

If free energy, the GCs, and any number of vitally important issues that he is oblivious to came onto his radar, most of his speculations would evaporate almost instantly.  The golden ages of life on Earth and the human journey were due to energy windfalls, and free energy would dwarf all that went before it.  Instead of ever-increasing wars, nobody would see the point, just like nobody would see the point of living in cities.  That stuff is not too hard to see, once the blinders drop away.  As with almost all of humanity, Morris will not begin to wake up until free energy is delivered to him:) And that is OK.  

But when his final message in his war book was, “The USA needs to keep invading nations in order to save the world!”, Rush Limbaugh could not have said it better.  Morris had to follow a pretty tortured logic to get there, and his obvious conflicts of interest helped him get there.  As I have stated many times, people can justify anything, and Morris did what people like him do: lick the hand that feeds him.

So, I’ll rob what I can from Morris’s work, while realizing his limitations, which are so great that he has no business playing the visionary game.  

Hi Paul:

Yes indeed, most of what people ”know” is what they are fed, and if what they are fed provides enough material rewards and egocentric strokes, then it works for them, even if they have to turn a very blind eye to many things (such as the outgroup’s annihilation), to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay.  Only when it stops working (providing those benefits) will they dare to begin thinking for themselves on those issues (there are some “freaks,” but they are few and far between).  And the so-called “smart” are often the most entrenched of all, as Brian O discovered during his ride as the Paul Revere of Free Energy, so much so that he began openly wondering if humanity is a sentient species.  

Language in the Second Epoch, and literacy in the Third, were indeed great ways to “ratchet” humanity’s collective knowledge, and we would not be where we are today without it.  

Going with the flow is the path of least resistance, and “works,” at least until the herd stampedes off the cliff, which humanity as a whole is rushing toward.  But the good news is that it won’t take many to right the ship.  The bad news is that there are not many who are qualified, and it starts in the heart.  One of my favorite movie quotes is from Kevin Spacey’s character in K-PAX, when asked about ethics on K-PAX, and his reply was that everybody on K-PAX knew the difference between right and wrong.  It really is pretty simple, and is just The Golden Rule.  It is not new.  :)  

Yes, the current infatuation with AI is a bit misplaced, but understandable.  In the heavenly Roads world, that “Singularity” that Kurzweil hypothesizes about and Morris writes about is nowhere in evidence.  

Thanks for writing,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

Again, I’ll do more reporting on Ian Morris’s work one day soon, but a few items regarding it…

He created a social development scale, which has four factors:

• Level of energy capture
  • Level of urbanism
  • Level of information technology
  • Level of war-making ability

To his credit, Morris admitted that energy capture trumped everything else by a long ways, and he almost apologized for war-making ability, but there it is.  I won’t really argue with his factors for looking at the past, but in the Fifth Epoch, urbanism will likely vanish, as will war-making ability, as they won’t make sense any more.  In a world of abundance, violently conquering one’s neighbors to enslave them won’t make any sense, will be seen as similar to playing Russian Roulette, and mining Earth and raping its ecosystems will be seen the same way.  Territorial constructs such as nations will vanish.  I doubt that humanity is that stupid, to keep playing those games when the economic reasons for them vanish.  As with the other Epochs, humanity will be able to afford a new level of conscience.  

The level of energy capture in the Fifth Epoch will dwarf all that went before it, and the level of information technology will also be unprecedented.  The reproduction of intelligence is in its infancy, and the level of information that all people will have available will skyrocket far more than we see today, and it will be meaningful information, not the propaganda, disinformation, and twisted data that we see today, as the social control game is played.  

Morris got plenty of heat for coming up with this social development scale, but I see nothing necessarily wrong with it, if its limitations are acknowledged, which he does, to a degree.  

One of his prominent ideas is that “people get the thought they need,” which he admitted were delusions that justified their places in the social order, such as God-kings ruling early Third-Epoch societies, that men were naturally superior to women, and that some people were natural slaves.  He admitted that leading thought in the Fourth Epoch was not necessarily any more enlightened, such as thinking that capitalism was superior to socialism, when it was really all about the level of energy capture in Fourth Epoch societies, not the way that they sliced up the loaf of relative abundance that fossil fuels made possible.  Morris is accused of being a materialist, and I can see why, but I also see no problem with emphasizing the material realities of each Epoch, and how they constrained human thought.  They did, just as they do today, with the coming Epoch unimaginable to the vast majority of humanity today, as they are addicted to “the thought they need.”  All coming Epochs were unimaginable to the people living just before them.  Heck, the Fourth Epoch was more than a century old before anybody suspected that it was a new Epoch.  The recognition of the Fifth Epoch will happen much faster.  

Time to start my busy week.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier