The Education Forum

Three Red Flags Against Decker

20 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

The trouble with Earle Cabell is that he didn't have the military, paramilitary or special services training that such an orchestration would require.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

From Wikipedia: Earle "Cabell was the 4th of 4 sons of the then former 1900–1904 City of Dallas Mayor Ben E. Cabell and also the grandson of the former multi-term City of Dallas Mayor William L. Cabell of the late 19th Century. He was the brother of Charles Cabell, who was deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency until Charles resigned in the wake of the Bay of Pigs invasion....... One version of John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories, the "Renegade CIA Clique" theory, implicates Cabell and other alleged conspirators, including CIA officials James Jesus AngletonWilliam King Harvey, and Cabell's brother Charles Cabell.[4] This theory claims Earl Cabell re-routed Kennedy's motorcade as a favor to his brother.[4]

"At the time of the assassination, Dallas Mayor Earle Cabell, brother of one-time Deputy Director of Central Intelligence Charles P. Cabell, had been a CIA asset since 1956."

https://whowhatwhy.org/2017/08/02/dallas-mayor-jfk-assassination-cia-asset/

"Charles Pearre Cabell (October 11, 1903 – May 25, 1971) was a United States Air Force General and Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency." .......Brother of Earle Cabell

Edited by Michael Clark

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/29/2015 at 7:24 AM, Gene Kelly said:

Richard:

One the many aspects of JFK's (and his brother Bobby's) murder that always strikes me is how the police were co-opted... If it were the latter, I'd expect it was subtle and not blatant. But they had to be considered and managed in some way for the plot to proceed.

Gene

Gene,

I always figured that the plotters used the local police authorities' egos against them.

"The President may have been killed in our town, but we're competent, by God. We got the guy within an hour of the shooting."

Steve Thomas

Why were the pilot car and the lead motorcycles so far ahead of the limo on Elm Street, when they had already negotiated the turns onto Houston and Elm, and the pilot car driver could predict that the limo would be somewhat held up?  (This is a rhetorical question, since bullets were involved, but the issue is seldom commented on.)

Maybe this isn’t the perfect place to ask this question. But I will anyway.

i have read so many explanations for the motorcade routing as to when it was decided to take it into what was a perfect kill zone, and who decided it. Does anyone have a definitive answer to this all important question?

Paul, go to section three of my review of Palamara in the attached file:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/palamara-vincent-m-survivor-s-guilt

Thanks for that, Jim. I have gone back and forth over the years on the possibility of Secret Service complicity in Dallas and the motorcade route is certainly part of that. But what I find even more curious is the comparison of security along the motorcade routes in Tampa on November 18th and Dallas on the 22nd. They are day and night. Vince interviewed TPD officer Russell Groover who described a closely spaced diamond of 7 units around JFK’s car and 23 others surrounding that formation. He also said every multi-story building along the motorcade had police or military stationed on every floor and the roofs. And although its conclusions are all wrong, I believe the Waldron/Hartmann book has some pretty good detail on the Tampa motorcade security that confirms it was indeed robust. Yet 3 days later in Dallas the motorcade security is almost non-existent. 

I also find it interesting that Winston Lawson was U.S. Army CIC in the mid 1950's, stationed at Fort Holabird, Maryland. Maybe there's nothing to that. But when I start listing Army Intelligence personnel in and around Dealey Plaza on November 22nd, it's another one of those amazing coincidences.

Edited by Greg Wagner

18 minutes ago, Greg Wagner said:

But when I start listing Army Intelligence personnel in and around Dealey Plaza on November 22nd, it's another one of those amazing coincidences.

Greg,

I don't think it's coincidental at all. Dealey Plaza was executed with military precision. There was none of that poisoned cigar, or exploding seashell while scuba diving foolishness.

I would be very interesting I think, to learn which of the Brigade 2506 guys got sniper training by the Green Berets at Fort Benning, GA.

Steve Thomas

On 12/21/2015 at 10:01 AM, Richard Gilbride said:

Decker misdirected his deputies for several critical minutes, ensuring that the Depository hit team made a clean getaway. His coverup of the elevator power outage reveals that he knew this was a critical piece of information, one that would betray the TSBD employee-complicity in the plot. And his alliance with Fritz was central to blaming the crime on the white-guy scapegoat, Oswald.

Decker was a key conspirator.

In my opinion, the police in Dallas are not a key, but perhaps THE key conspirators.

Garrision_NY_Times_article_DPD_minutemen

--The New York Times, 11/22/1967, p 21

Edited by Jason Ward

Earle Cabell attended Texas A&M University, where he met Jack Crichton and H.R. “Bum” Bright, and Southern Methodist University. After returning from college, he founded, along with his brothers, Cabell’s Inc., a chain of dairies and convenience stores. He later became involved with banking and other investments. In May 1961, he was elected mayor to succeed Robert Thornton. On February 3, 1964, Cabell resigned as mayor of Dallas in order to run for Congress.  He unseated the ten-year Republican incumbent Bruce Alger. In that same election, Jack Crichton was defeated by a wide margin by the Democratic Governor John B. Connally, Jr., and George Herbert Walker Bush fell to Senator Ralph W. Yarborough.  Cabell served four terms in the House before he was defeated in the 1972 election.

1 hour ago, Gene Kelly said:

On February 3, 1964, Cabell resigned as mayor of Dallas in order to run for Congress.  He unseated the ten-year Republican incumbent Bruce Alger. In that same election, Jack Crichton was defeated by a wide margin by the Democratic Governor John B. Connally, Jr., and George Herbert Walker Bush fell to Senator Ralph W. Yarborough.  Cabell served four terms in the House before he was defeated in the 1972 election.

Gene,

Someday, I'd like to read this book:

The Republican-Democrat political campaigns in Texas in 1964

Author:

Jack Crichton

Publisher:

[Texas] : J. Crichton, 2003.

Edition/Format:

icon-bks.gif Print book : English

Texas State Library & Archives Commission

Austin, TX 78701 United States

Steve Thomas

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Greg Wagner said:

Thanks for that, Jim. I have gone back and forth over the years on the possibility of Secret Service complicity in Dallas and the motorcade route is certainly part of that. But what I find even more curious is the comparison of security along the motorcade routes in Tampa on November 18th and Dallas on the 22nd. They are day and night. Vince interviewed TPD officer Russell Groover who described a closely spaced diamond of 7 units around JFK’s car and 23 others surrounding that formation. He also said every multi-story building along the motorcade had police or military stationed on every floor and the roofs. And although its conclusions are all wrong, I believe the Waldron/Hartmann book has some pretty good detail on the Tampa motorcade security that confirms it was indeed robust. Yet 3 days later in Dallas the motorcade security is almost non-existent. 

I also find it interesting that Winston Lawson was U.S. Army CIC in the mid 1950's, stationed at Fort Holabird, Maryland. Maybe there's nothing to that. But when I start listing Army Intelligence personnel in and around Dealey Plaza on November 22nd, it's another one of those amazing coincidences.

JMO, mainly from Survivor's Guilt and on line discussions, three at least, maybe four or five members  of the Secret Service were given need to know instructions regarding their roles only.  Not what was ultimately going to happen.  But to stay out of it.

SA Emory Roberts was guilty as sin of this.  Riding directly behind JFK in the follow up car he not only ignored shots he admitted he heard but called back Agent Ready by his side who stepped off the right running board to go jump on JFK's back as he had been trained to do.  Clint Hill ignored Roberts but he or Ready would have been too late to help JFK.  Roberts superior in Washington was on his first vacation in several years.  His replacement and His superior likely relayed orders to stand down.  Which is why they left the agent jumping up and down at Love Field over being left behind from his assigned position.

It’s really nice to see Jason Ward post on this thread. He is doing good detailed work on DPD members, as is (can I say this?) Paul Trejo. 

Jason - how do you square your recent conviction that DPD are the key conspirators with the clear evidence that Secret Service withdrew their protection of the motorcade by deviating from their usual formations and protocol? My own take on DPD is that much of what you are documenting can be explained by the fact that cops unify their stories and stick together, and this circumstance would make that an imperative. Doesn’t mean some of them weren’t in on it beforehand. I for one think that Tippit’s murder really suggests that he was involved, perhaps as a shooter, and was in some sense a loose end.

Jim - I read the article on the confusing issue of who decided on the actual parade route and when the decision was made. Could that decision have been made by Dallas officials and DPD as part of a plan to control the kill zone? 

Getting back to Decker, a fourth flag is necessary.  Throughout the 1950's into the early 60's Decker was a guest at the Anonymous club, a group of about 25 Italian business men who gathered weekly to eat, converse and play poker illegally.  They changed their name in I believe 1956 to the Zumora club over publicity from when Dallas mafia head at the time Joe Civello (?) was busted at a national convention in Appalachian New York.  They had their own newspaper, the Texas Tribune.  Guest list in it for July 7, 1962 included Dallas mayor Earle Cabell, District Attorney Henry Wade, Sheriff Bill Decker...   

5 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Getting back to Decker, a fourth flag is necessary.  Throughout the 1950's into the early 60's Decker was a guest at the Anonymous club, a group of about 25 Italian business men who gathered weekly to eat, converse and play poker illegally.  They changed their name in I believe 1956 to the Zumora club over publicity from when Dallas mafia head at the time Joe Civello (?) was busted at a national convention in Appalachian New York.  They had their own newspaper, the Texas Tribune.  Guest list in it for July 7, 1962 included Dallas mayor Earle Cabell, District Attorney Henry Wade, Sheriff Bill Decker...   

So if someone say within the CIA needed local on the ground coordination and cooperation they had fired CIA former assistant director General Charles Cabell.  His brother, now known CIA asset at the time Mayor Earle Cabell.  Who had the ear of the Sheriff and District Attorney, who himself worshiped Lyndon Johnson.  I.E. control over local law enforcement during and after the assassination.   I know some deride Mark North for his conclusions which I disagree with myself.  But the documentation is there on Zumora, Cabell, Decker, Wade.  And Wade's penis envy of LBJ.