The Education Forum

The Real Ruth and Michael Paine

Ed, that is a really interesting find about Naushon Island and Straus.

I mean, can that really be a mind boggling coincidence?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us start with a video segment that some of you have seen, but many have not since it was produced at the fiftieth. And many of you have joined up since.

I did some segments, and consulted on others, of the excellent Fifty Reasons for Fifty Years series by Len Osanic and Jeff Carter.

This one got some really live feedback, and I owe most of the info to the Hewett, Jones, LaMonica series. Plus Len and Jeff did a nice job producing it.

As good and as info filled as it is, it could easily have been twice as long.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMyL8Az-x3Y&index=20&list=PLAu2-ycDOaN1yyNHT8FiG9FlYZ-rL9k80]

Well, James, in your link above you've posted your appearance on Black Ops radio, in which you make your standard, melodramatic attacks on Ruth and Michael Paine.

Let's review your major omissions.

(1) You insert that Ruth Paine met the Oswalds through George De Mohrenschildt. Ruth didn't say that -- she only said, "at a party." You inserted the De Mohrenschildt's in her sentence. Ruth Paine said that that party was the only time she had ever seen the De Mohrenschildt's in her life up to 1964. MAJOR OMISSION.

(2) You claim that Ruth Paine "isolated Marina" from LHO, but don't say why. You also claim that Ruth got Marina to live with her in April 1963, after knowing her only seven weeks -- but you omitted the fact that Marina Oswald had complained often to Ruth Paine that LHO was threatening to force Marina and her kids back to Russia without him. MAJOR OMISSION.

(3) You claim that Ruth Paine said she wanted to learn Russian from Marina, but that Ruth was already a teacher of Russian at St. Marks School. You neglect to say that Ruth was teaching young boys the basics of grammar, because that's all she knew. Ruth had poor Russian-speaking conversational skills, and wanted to improve them with a Native Speaker. MAJOR OMISSION.

Then there are just the silly claims:

(1) You claim that the Paines were associated with Allen Dulles -- but this was only because Michaels mother had a childhood friend who later became Allen Dulles' lover. THAT'S SILLY.

(2) You claim that the Paines were associated with the CIA because they were both wealthy descendants of people born in Boston. THAT'S SILLY.

(3) You claim that the Paines were associated with the CIA because Allen Dulles made a joke about Michael's mother and Mary Bancroft. THAT'S SILLY.

Then there are the questionable charges:

(1) You claim that Michael Paine posed as a Fidel Castro sympathizer based on claims by college students who knew him at a Lubee's restaurant. VERY QUESTIONABLE.

(2) You cite DPD officer Buddy Walthers' famous claim that he found "five or six metal filing cabinets full of Castro Sympathizers" in the Paine's garage, when no such evidence was ever logged, or ever surfaced despite a long popular search. VERY QUESTIONABLE.

(3) You cite the fact that Marina brought Marina to live with her a second time, in September 1963, and you claim that the Paines now had possession of LHO's personal property, alleging that this was then tampered with to convict LHO. VERY QUESTIONABLE.

(4) You cite the 11/22/1963 phone call by Michael Paine to Ruth Paine in which Michael denied LHO killed JFK, adding, "We know who is responsible." Perhaps you didn't know that Ruth Paine admitted this in subsequent years, and said that "those responsible" in that sentence referred to the publishers of the WANTED:JFK handbill and the WELCOME TO DALLAS MR. KENNEDY black-bordered advertisement in the Dallas Morning News.

Your attacks on Ruth and Michael Paine, while melodramatically presented to seem important, are actually weak and flimsy. What else have you got?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

The scene is set: the Oswalds are separated so that the Paine home now serves as the repository for much of the evidence the WC and FBI will use to convict the defendant.

Now, Len Osanic has posted tomorrow's show already for BOR.

[http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black763a.mp3[

Please listen to the segment from 11:48 until the 32:00 mark. Because this is a very good example of the evidence tampering that took place at the Paiine garage from the time Oswald was in detention until way after he was killed. Except this was an example of negating a piece of evidence. In this case, Hoover wanted to get rid of the MInox Camera Oswald owned. He understood just how important that was to revealing Oswald's true identity as an intel agent. But the police had fouled the nest by picking it up and putting it on their property list.

Therefore good ole J. Edgar told both Bardwell Odum and the Dallas SAC Gordon Shanklin to first, make Oswald's Minox, the one that the police had confiscated, disappear. And secondly, confuse that with another Minox camera that the Paines could produce.

Please listen carefully, and you will see how a little playlet was enacted after Oswald's murder so that the FBI could keep the cover story about Oswald intact. Hoover knew exactly who to go to for the actors in his playlet, in fact he literally told his troops to interview the Paines.

In my opinion, this was the best article Carol ever wrote.

Well, James, I listened carefully to the segment you shared. Carol Hewett wrote an article on the Paines and the Minox camera, and you believe it was her best work. Let's have a look:

(1) DPD officer Rose found a Minox camera inside Ruth Paine's garage, and included it in his inventory of DPD confiscated items, including accesories and rolls of film (but no light-meter).

(2) Wm Brannigan FBI Chief, called Dallas FBI SAC Shanklin to advise that "no such Minox camera had been found, only a light-meter," and to demand Rose change his list.

(3) Rose refused to change his inventory list, and included the Minox camera in his photograph of the evidence.

(4) When the FBI reproduced that photograph, they fogged over the Minox camera.

(5) A heated dispute arose in the first three weeks and raged for eight weeks after the JFK murder, about the status of this Minox camera. This is probably because a Minox camera, as small as a pack of cigarettes, was widely used as a spy camera.

(6) Hoover himself instructed Dallas FBI SAC Shanklin to question Marina Oswald and Ruth Paine about it.

(7) On January 30, 1964 Shanklin asked Ruth, and Ruth said that Michael Paine had a Minox years ago, but remembered that he dropped it in salt water. But she would ask Michael.

(8) In February 1964, Ruth Paine told the FBI that Michael said he still had the camera. He saved it by using kerosene. He kept it in a coffee can in Ruth Paine's garage.

(9) Carol Hewett refuses to believe that the DPD were so incompetent as to make any such mistake (since of course they did such a brilliant job of protecting JFK).

(10) Michael said any Minox light-meter found was his. When he told the DPD that the Minox camera had been in the garage, "the DPD was not interested in it."

(11) For Carol Hewett, this suggests that the Paines were being dishonest, and plotting with the FBI.

(12) Michael Paine admitted he had met FBI agent Robert Odum before 11/22/1963. This confirms for Carol Hewett that Michael Paine plotted with the FBI about the Minox camera.

(13) The Minox camera was never raised in any of the Paines' WC testimony -- after 6,000 questions between them.

(14) When Marina was confronted with two Minox cameras (a common ploy to detect dishonesty) Marina failed to identify either one of them.

(15) The rational conclusion is that the Minox camera found belonged to Michael Paine. The conclusion reached by Carol Hewett is that Michael Paine and Robert Odum should be called to testify before the ARRB.

IMHO, the result of this article review is that only those who are totally biased against the Paines (and the US Government) can arrive at any other conclusion that the DPD found Michael Paine's Minox camera, and logged it among LHO's possessions.

The CT community, however, prefers to believe that LHO owned this Minox camera for his spy work for the FBI, and Hoover was keen to keep this from the American public.

The alleged "crime" of the Paines, then, is that they cooperated with the FBI.

I think that's the actual summary of Carol Hewett's article.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Now, let us go to a very curious piece of evidence.

One which Priscilla Johnson used to great dramatic effect in her book, Marina and Lee.

Ruth maintains that on the evening of the 21st, about 9 PM, she came down to her garage and she noticed that the light was still on, something she would never do. Of course, PJM rerunning the WC, would have us think that geez, that dirty fink Oswald came down and picked up that MC rifle that he had stashed there and was going to use to kill JFK the next day. When in fact, all it proves is that Ruth went to the garage that night.

But think of how absurd the WC/PJM implication it is on its face: that LHO would sneak down and put together the whole package with the paper wrapping etc, the dissembled rifle, etc, and then he would go back up to the room where he was watching TV with Marina? I mean really. Try and sell that to a jury.

But the WC bought this tall tale and then PJM printed it in her book.

As Carol wrote in her "Suspicious Characters" article in Probe, this was contradicted by Marina's testimony which said Oswald was in their room at that time and they were watching TV; and he then fell asleep. Further, Michael also testified that he would often stop by to pick up the tools in the garage that he had left while he was living in Grand Prairie during their separation. Hmm.

That was in her first piece, and that caught my attention for sure.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Now, let us go to Allen Dulles.

As most of us know, Dulles was well aware of the connection between him and the Paines, through Mary Bancroft. As noted in my video, he would actually kid about it in private.

But it really was no joking matter with him. Because he was well aware that this could lead back to him.

In 1954, a young petroleum lawyer named Herbert Itkin met with Dulles. Dulles referred him to George DeMohrenschidlt. Yet, Dulles knew the Baron well enough to refer to him under an alias he used at the time, namely Philip Harbin. Itkin's relationship went on with George for a number of years.

George's brother Dimitri was also quite friendly with Allen Dulles. In fact, Bruce Adamson found continuing correspondence between the two that went back to 1953. Dimitri was involved with Radio Free Europe, a Dulles pet project, and also with a journal called Russian Review, also CIA related. That journal was co-edtied by Dimitri and a man named William Chamberlin, a conservative journalist and columnist for the Wall Street Journal. Chamberlin was also a close friend and colleague of former CIA officer Bill Buckley.

Carol and Adamson found out that Chamberlin was an informal advisor to Dulles on the WC. One of his functions was to inform Allen on how to steer the WC form running into the intel ties of the two brothers, George and Dimitri. As anyone can see from reading the WR, Chamberlin did a good job.

But not only was Allen Dulles quite aware of the liabilities of DeMohrenschidlt, he was also aware of the problem with the Paines. Which Richard Russell already had been sniffing out.

So he made sure that Russell's suspicions would not come to dominate the Commission. For in December of 1963, the FBI did an interview with Frederick Osborne Jr and his wife Nancy. They testified to the Paines' "religiosity, good character, and innocence in having anything to do with the assassination of President Kennedy."

From Philadelphia, how could they know that?

Well, Frederick's father was a close associate of Allen Dulles. They were both Princeton alums. In fact, in the Osborne papers, there is correspondence between him and the Dulles brothers. Osborne helped Allen create the Crusade for Freedom, which resembled Radio Free Europe, which it merged with in 1962.

In December, just days after the WC was created, was Allen Dulles already creating a propaganda front to help benefit the Paines? Even before the WC started investigating anything?

It does appear that way doesn't it?

Edited by James DiEugenio

Ed, that is a really interesting find about Naushon Island and Straus.

I mean, can that really be a mind boggling coincidence?

It's the meat of the whole enchilada.

And the ghosts of the Rosenbergs are the wild cards in the deck.

Great.

I assume this will be in your next volume?

Yeah.

Ruth will need more spin doctors than a politician caught with a blow up sheep by the time I've finished. She was involved in a pre-assassination set up to paint Lee as a commie. It never saw the light of day because the commie conspiracy got chopped off at the knees.

And wait until you see what a Paine relative was doing during the war... peaceniks my ass.

Now, let us go to a very curious piece of evidence.

One which Priscilla Johnson used to great dramatic effect in her book, Marina and Lee.

Ruth maintains that on the evening of the 21st, about 9 PM, she came down to her garage and she noticed that the light was still on, something she would never do. Of course, PJM rerunning the WC, would have us think that geez, that dirty fink Oswald came down and picked up that MC rifle that he had stashed there and was going to use to kill JFK the next day. When in fact, all it proves is that Ruth went to the garage that night.

But think of how absurd the WC/PJM implication it is on its face: that LHO would sneak down and put together the whole package with the paper wrapping etc, the dissembled rifle, etc, and then he would go back up to the room where he was watching TV with Marina? I mean really. Try and sell that to a jury.

But the WC bought this tall tale and then PJM printed it in her book.

As Carol wrote in her "Suspicious Characters" article in Probe, this was contradicted by Marina's testimony which said Oswald was in their room at that time and they were watching TV; and he then fell asleep. Further, Michael also testified that he would often stop by to pick up the tools in the garage that he had left while he was living in Grand Prairie during their separation. Hmm.

That was in her first piece, and that caught my attention for sure.

This is much ado about nothing. According to a *great* JFK researcher, A.J. Weberman, none less than Gerry Patrick Hemming himself admitted that on 11/21/1963, he telephoned LHO from Miami and offered LHO double the price of his Manlicher-Carcano rifle if he would only bring it to the TSBD the next morning.

That was the motive, according to Hemming, for LHO asking Wesley Frazier to drive him to the Paine residence on a Thursday night -- an unusual night.

In that scenario, LHO took the package to somebody outside of the TSBD before he entered the building -- empty handed.

And according to Gerry Patrick Hemming, then, LHO knew the JFK plotters and cooperated with them -- never guessing he would become their Patsy. He found that out far too late.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I find this quote by Marguerite Oswald to be telling:

"The proud and perfect Quaker ... I keep saying she is a fraud and xxxx; she is evil, and selfish and the cause of it all. I would wipe up the floor with her."

I love this one Gene.

Yeah.

Ruth will need more spin doctors than a politician caught with a blow up sheep by the time I've finished. She was involved in a pre-assassination set up to paint Lee as a commie. It never saw the light of day because the commie conspiracy got chopped off at the knees.

And wait until you see what a Paine relative was doing during the war... peaceniks my ass.

A blow up sheep? :)

That's pretty bad. Glad she is in a retirement center.

I don't endorse personal attacks.

I do believe Michael and Ruth Paine are liars. I don't know why they lie.

Paul Trejo is largely correct as to purely factual matters in his posts #17 and #18, IMO.

Furthermore, I disagree that Marina's husband was an intelligence agent.

No matter what I think, the mere fact Jim and Paul disagree bitterly tells me something. Namely, that someone very wise about human beings had a hand in the whole matter. Someone who knew if there were various trails of possible thought, individuals who pursued those trails would end up in conflict.

My prescription, therefore, is this. Stick to provable facts. As to "provable", I'll accept expert opinion, such as Chesser's and Mantik's.

Now that we have shown some rather questionable actions by Ruth and Michael Paine, and also have indicated the awareness of Allen Dulles about these areas, let us peel back the curtain on their full backgrounds. Doing each separately.

Michael's ancestors go back to the Forbes and Cabots, the so called First Families of America. His grand uncle, Cameron Forbes was governor and later ambassador to the Philippines. In fact, Michael was benefiting from six digit trust funds at the time of the assassination from these families.

More to the point, Cameron was on the board, along with other Cabot relatives, of Untied Fruit. One of these relatves was Thomas Dudley Cabot, another cousin of Michael In fact, Thomas was actually a former president of United Fruit. In 1951, he was working in security affairs of the State Dept. His brother, John, was also in the State Department around this time.

John was exchanging information with Maurice Gatlin, Guy Banister's legal buddy. The were talking about the upcoming CIA coup in Guatemala.

Later, in the early sixties, Thomas was president of Gibraltar Steamship Corporation, which leased barren land off the coast of Honduras called Swan Island. Gibraltar was a phony company, a CIA front. It was on this island that David Phillips established Radio Swan, the CIA station broadcasting into Cuba during the Bay of Pigs operation.