The Education Forum

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

Jim Hargrove

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for clarity: It is not widely known that the original Copyright Act was intended less to discourage the use of protected material than to encourage the propagation of knowledge, especially informational works as opposed to creative works (fiction, art, music, etc,), in a structured manner.

If you post it on the internet (which implies consent), it is generally available for another person to quote (to propagate knowledge), but not if that other person makes profit from it. There is no magic formula, but a person may use reasonable quotes (much like a book briefly quotes another book) but (1) not in large proportion, (2) not for profit and (3) not if it diminishes the profit potential of the protected material.

I relate this with a sigh, as I was the victim of wholesale theft of intellectual property in recent years.

I relate this with a sigh, as I was the victim of wholesale theft of intellectual property in recent years

​So sad to hear of this Stephen does it make a difference whether someone uses any information you or anyone posts to further publish what might be true? If someone thinks what's published on the internet should not be pirated I'd say don't publish unless it's protected and copywrited material, then it becomes fair game, after all, it happened to me too, ask me if I care? I know where it came first. Greg Parker informed me that the CIA financed $150,000 champagne to assassinate Fidel Castro back in 1964 is old news. I wanted to know how old it really was, he kept reiterating how this information was already exposed and went nowhere.

He even pointed out that two books had covered it, and a few names were thrown around, when I asked him if he or any other researcher in the world knew who the architects of this purposed assassination plot was, he couldn't give me an answer, you see, those who were involved was Babun and my father.

But!, not a single person knew about it, not single person had ever written about the full story, not a single person had any knowledge of the whole story, and I don't mind releasing this information so that those who are familiar with this story now have the whole truth.

First released by,

Scott Kaiser

Edited by Scott Kaiser

FYI / FWIW....

If anybody cares about the reason WHY I archive so many forum discussions on my own site, I explained it in this exchange at Duncan MacRae's forum in 2014....

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

Do you really copy/paste every discussion about JFK?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Most of the ones that I am personally involved in, yes. (So I can archive them at my websites.)

Sorry if it bothers you.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

Please tell me you have a life beyond this case..... if you can, that is.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I can't tell you that, because I don't have a life. Haven't for years.

Sorry if it bothers you.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

It doesn't bother me at all. I just think it is very very sad, that's all.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Yes, it is. But we puppets who work at Langley have no choice. Once CIA---always CIA.

~sigh~

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

That's an extremely paranoid reply, David.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Hint: It was a joke, Martin.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

I was only amazed that anybody would go through such length to archive and index most of his conversations about a 50 year old murder.

What would the purpose for that even be?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I like to archive my writings in a place where I know they'll be safe.

Plus, I don't like the idea of taking hours (sometimes) to write an article or an Internet post and then having it virtually vanish from sight overnight (as almost all Internet forum posts do). That is to say, they get buried under a sea of other things in a very short period of time. And who is going to take the time to dig deep into the bowels of a forum's archives for 5-year-old posts or 10-year-old discussions? I sure don't.

What a huge waste of time and energy it would be to continually post in such a fashion, particularly in an Internet world where forums can come and go about as fast as a start-up airline. Take Bob Harris' now-defunct forum, for example, with all of those posts now gone into the dustbin of cyberspace. (And I thought Bob had a pretty good forum, too. Too bad all that work was wiped out when he decided it wasn't worth the effort.)

Ergo, I archive my material on my own site, where I have many articles indexed on the main page for easy access.

Simple as that.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

Btw, I don't recall saying anything about the CIA at all.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

You didn't. I brought up my dastardly "CIA" connections.

Another hint: It was a joke. (As if you didn't know that.)

:)

CARMINE SAVASTANO SAID:

Hello DVP,

I have a question and comment. Do you consider debating someone who is unaware of a post or unable to respond challenging?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I think you'll find, Carmine, that most of my online "debates" are against CTers who are, indeed, "aware" of what is being posted for the most part. (I show what the CTer said and then I post what my response was.)

There are times, however, when I see something really stupid being written by a CTer at a website where no personal give-and-take is possible (a non-forum site), and I want to archive the stupid CT comments and then post my response. I did that for years with Jim DiEugenio's delusional statements that I could only see at his CTKA site (which isn't a forum situation, of course).

That was prior to his joining Simkin's forum in 2010. So, if I wanted to respond to the pre-2010 dumb things spouted by Jimbo, I had to copy his quotes into my site and then post my reply after his. But that's just the way it was if I wanted to get in my 2-cents worth. Not every site is a "forum" site where personal and immediate exchanges of thoughts are possible.

DVP

September 2014

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/09/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-791.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Most people do not have any hint at all as to the extent that DVP heists their posts and reposts them.

Its really kind of shocking.

Roy above uses as one of his strictures that the heisting is of reasonable length. Sort of like fair use.

What DVP does is not in any way, shape or form reasonable length.

I held my nose and was just over there, and its not at all an exaggeration to say that if he did not steal others' posts, his site would be 1.) About half as large, and 2.) Of little or no interest.

Why the latter? Because he does no original research that I can find. So he leeches off of controversies he can find and then steals other people's posts as to an incredible length. And he then adds his own last words. Saying something like, "So much for that."

Edited by James DiEugenio

FYI / FWIW....

If anybody cares about the reason WHY I archive so many forum discussions on my own site, I explained it in this exchange at Duncan MacRae's forum in 2014....

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Most of the ones that I am personally involved in, yes. (So I can archive them at my websites.)

Sorry if it bothers you.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Sorry if it bothers you.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Yes, it is. But we puppets who work at Langley have no choice. Once CIA---always CIA.

~sigh~

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

I was only amazed that anybody would go through such length to archive and index most of his conversations about a 50 year old murder.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Plus, I don't like the idea of taking hours (sometimes) to write an article or an Internet post and then having it virtually vanish from sight overnight (as almost all Internet forum posts do). That is to say, they get buried under a sea of other things in a very short period of time. And who is going to take the time to dig deep into the bowels of a forum's archives for 5-year-old posts or 10-year-old discussions? I sure don't.

What a huge waste of time and energy it would be to continually post in such a fashion, particularly in an Internet world where forums can come and go about as fast as a start-up airline. Take Bob Harris' now-defunct forum, for example, with all of those posts now gone into the dustbin of cyberspace. (And I thought Bob had a pretty good forum, too. Too bad all that work was wiped out when he decided it wasn't worth the effort.)

Ergo, I archive my material on my own site, where I have many articles indexed on the main page for easy access.

Simple as that.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

CARMINE SAVASTANO SAID:

Hello DVP,

I have a question and comment. Do you consider debating someone who is unaware of a post or unable to respond challenging?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I think you'll find, Carmine, that most of my online "debates" are against CTers who are, indeed, "aware" of what is being posted for the most part. (I show what the CTer said and then I post what my response was.)

There are times, however, when I see something really stupid being written by a CTer at a website where no personal give-and-take is possible (a non-forum site), and I want to archive the stupid CT comments and then post my response. I did that for years with Jim DiEugenio's delusional statements that I could only see at his CTKA site (which isn't a forum situation, of course).

That was prior to his joining Simkin's forum in 2010. So, if I wanted to respond to the pre-2010 dumb things spouted by Jimbo, I had to copy his quotes into my site and then post my reply after his. But that's just the way it was if I wanted to get in my 2-cents worth. Not every site is a "forum" site where personal and immediate exchanges of thoughts are possible.

DVP

September 2014

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/09/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-791.html

David, you really are one peanut away from a full snicker's bar. Or, perhaps, the one who flew over the Cuckoo's nest? Have you ever speculated Mr. Pein? Sounds like they're ganging up on you too Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHN7aJGogY&spfreload=10

Edited by Scott Kaiser

James DiEugenio said:
Most people do not have any hint at all as to the extent that DVP heists their posts and reposts them.

Its [sic] really kind of shocking. ~~snip~~

Oh, stop the feigned "shock", Jimmy. Your phony dramatics are quite transparent.

The stuff I save on my site is mainly (as I said in my 2014 post above) for the purpose of archiving MY OWN words and MY OWN Kennedy arguments at my own site. And what better place to archive one's own material than at their own site (or blog)?

Why on Earth would people want to use up hundreds of hours of their time to write up posts for an Internet forum, only to run the high risk that those posts will vanish into nothingness in just a short time? One year? Two years? Who knows? All Lancer Forum posts are now gone forever, except for perhaps a few that are recoverable via the Wayback Machine at Archive.org.

IMO, it's just dumb to take that risk. So, I archive my own material at my site. And if "my material" is in the form of a REPLY to a CTer on a JFK forum, then (of course) it makes sense to bring the CTer's words that I'm replying to along for the ride too.

And, naturally, since I'm an "LNer", I naturally am going to think I have outlasted or defeated the CTer I'm battling. Just as you, Jimmy, undoubtedly think YOU have won *every* single war you've ever waged online. Right? (Have you ever admitted that you've been "defeated" by a lowly LNer like me? Of course you haven't.)

So why not stop the preaching, Jim? You're looking silly (yet again).

Edited by David Von Pein

David, you really are one peanut away from a full snicker's bar.

Gee, what a lovely thing to say, Scott. Thanks so much for caring about me. :)

Or, perhaps, the one who flew over the Cuckoo's nest?

Great film. I've got a page for it on my Movies site. ....

classic--movies.blogspot.com/2011/03/cuckoo-nest.html

Have you ever speculated Mr. Pein [sic]?

Of course I have. Why do you ask?

(What a strange post you just wrote, Scott.)

~shrug~

Edited by David Von Pein

David, you really are one peanut away from a full snicker's bar.

Gee, what a lovely thing to say, Scott. Thanks so much for caring about me. :)

Or, perhaps, the one who flew over the Cuckoo's nest?

Great film. I've got a page for it on my Movies site. ....

classic--movies.blogspot.com/2011/03/cuckoo-nest.html

Have you ever speculated Mr. Pein [sic]?

Of course I have. Why do you ask?

(What a strange post you just wrote, Scott.)

~shrug~

Did you hear the whole thing? Did you take the time to really listen to the entire video I posted, hing off every word? Kinda reminds you of this thread doesn't it? "I'm tried already this is full of bologna."

Edited by Scott Kaiser

DVP: Oh, stop the feigned "shock", Jimmy. Your phony dramatics are quite transparent.

​So in addition to knowing with metaphysical certitude that the Magic Bullet hit Kennedy and wounded Connally, now Davey--who I, fortunately, have never met--can read my mind from Indiana. Must be from serving all those KFC dinners and glad handing customers.

​The idea that I am familiar with Davey's site is loony tunes. I have been there maybe four times since its been up.

​I went over there today, and I was really stunned as to how expansive is its use of other people's quotes. Much more than it was before. I really do not think its an exaggeration to say that no other JFK site on the web even comes close to what he does. I mean, not even in the same ballpark.

That's a fact. If someone can dispute it please do, I would like to see it. But really, as I said, that is what his site is about. Its about him processing other people's work since he is not a researcher.

This one is funny, as usual unintended:

DVP: And, naturally, since I'm an "LNer", I naturally am going to think I have outlasted or defeated the CTer I'm battling. Just as you, Jimmy, undoubtedly think YOU have won *every* single war you've ever waged online. Right?

What a cardsharp. See, as I said, no one I know does what Davey does, and he does not want to admit that. And no one I know does it to the mountainous heights that he does. See, he guarantees he gets the last word. So to equate what I do with what he does, I mean that is simply a cardsharp technique. And he hopes no one notices..

​Unfortunately, since I have a lot of experience with the guy, I do notice. I don't mean unfortunate for him, but for me.

Edited by James DiEugenio

FYI / FWIW....

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Sorry if it bothers you.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Sorry if it bothers you.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

~sigh~

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Simple as that.

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

CARMINE SAVASTANO SAID:

Hello DVP,

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

DVP

September 2014

MARTIN WEIDMANN SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Sorry if it bothers you.

Dave, I do like your posts of recorded JFK conversation that I see in YouTube, and I think you are providing some useful services that you might not get enough credit for here. And if it's any consolation, from what I can see, you're not the only person I've encountered on these forums who has no other life beyond this case. But I appreciate your candor.

I think this question can be a bit of a red herring, though I certainly wouldn't want to be reduced to a snippet to be a stooge to make your argument look good. But having said that, I'm afraid to go over to your site and see how much of it is just quoted conversations from other forums and alas realize how little other life you may have.

But what I really want to talk with you about is your chicken. I suppose it's because I'm getting older, but I haven't tried it now in a number of years. It's not only because the chicken makes me fart, but I also don't like the smell of them, and in truth, they can be just a little messy. Though I'm no expert on fast food preparation, Might I suggest that you change your grease a little more frequently?

Just a thought.