The Education Forum

WARNING to Forum Members: Please Read This!

Jim Hargrove

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

...and the ethical one about distortion and giving oneself the last word in an argument you already lost.

Geesh, Jim's arrogance could fill up a baseball stadium.

I've "distorted" nothing (of course), even though DiEugenio will forever insist I have.

And the part about "an argument you aleady lost" is, of course, a totally subjective opinion. I don't think I've "lost" any of my LN-favoring arguments. CTers, naturally, will always disagree. They WIN every argument, right Jimmy? Per CTers, they couldn't "lose" one if they tried.

And Jim's obsession with "the last word" is just plain silly. On Jim's site, if he's quoting some LNer (which he has) on a particular topic, guess who will get "the last word"? Answer: Jim. And I'd EXPECT that to happen, for Pete sake! It's DiEUGENIO'S site. And at MY site, guess who's going to get the last word? What would you expect at MY site?

Jiminy Xmas, how silly Jim's "Last Word" complaint is!

Edited by David Von Pein

The very fact that you cannot see the difference in what you are doing, vs what quoting an author in a critique of a book or film shows just how far around the bend you are.

Its about as much a state of denial as buying into the Single Bullet Fantasy is today.  

Who said I couldn't tell the difference between those two things, Jim? I certainly never said I couldn't.

Maybe you should read this post again, Jim. As I've said multiple times now, the issue is mainly about archiving MY OWN POSTS, not somebody else's.

Get it yet?

Edited by David Von Pein

I see no problem as long as he is accurately quoting the EF conversations. I doubt there would be any "legal remedy" since, as David points out, forum conversations are no doubt quoted on various CT websites without complaint. David's website is a tremendous resource and he is often complimented even by CTs.

Bruce, to some people it is not nonsense.  It is relevant to an issue involving members.  Be open minded and come back again. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Fernandez said:

Well, Ok, took about only 2 minutes to get thru 3 "pages" of this thread, what time wasting nonsense when we, at least think, there are interesting and potentially topics to collaboratively explore!

When someone takes your work, designed for a q and a format for this forum, over to his own forum and then misrepresents it and cuts it up into pieces so that it can look like he has the facts and won the argument--when it was really the opposite,  I don't think that's "nonsense" Bruce.

DVP has a whole sub section of his site devoted to me with my name on it.  As of now it has over 100 chapters to it.  There is no moderation over there of course, so there is no  referee.  And I think we all know what his standards for fairness are about.  His ideas about research and scholarship are, well, not exactly out of Cambridge or Oxford. I just wonder if DVP had a subsection titled "Von Pein vs Bruce Fernandez" with 100 chapters of distortion and editing from this forum if you would feel the same way.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

When someone takes your work, designed for a q and a format for this forum, over to his own forum and then misrepresents it and cuts it up into pieces so that it can look like he has the facts and won the argument--when it was really the opposite,  I don't think that's "nonsense" Bruce.

DVP has a whole sub section of his site devoted to me with my name on it.  As of now it has over 100 chapters to it.  There is no moderation over there of course, so there is no referee. 

Well, let's just examine the flip side to a portion of Jim's argument here....

When Jim DiEugenio posted his 2-part smear piece about me in April 2010 at his (then) CTKA site, there was no way for me to directly comment on the things that I think Jim "distorted" and "misrepresented" about me in that smear campaign, which Jim promoted on his site at the time as being a destruction (more or less) of "Disinformation Dave". (And that snide "Disinformation Dave" remark---all by itself---is, IMHO, a "distortion" and a total "misrepresentation" of the facts.)

But at the time I couldn't directly attack and counter the things Jim was saying about me in his smear piece, because it was posted a few months before both of us joined this forum. Therefore, I posted my rebuttal comments on my own website (blog), which kicked off the sub-section at my site Jim referred to above.

And, of course, just like my blogs, there is no "referee" at Jim's CTKA (or Kennedys And King) sites either.

Now, yes, it's true that Jim's site isn't in a "Q-and-A" (or "forum") format. But the fact remains (in my opinion) that Jim engaged in a little bit of "distortion" himself when he wrote that two-part smear piece about me in 2010.

So, once again when we're dealing with the utterances of James DiEugenio of Los Angeles, the Pot is calling the Kettle black.

And I think we all know what his standards for fairness are about.  His ideas about research and scholarship are, well, not exactly out of Cambridge or Oxford. I just wonder if DVP had a subsection titled "Von Pein vs Bruce Fernandez" with 100 chapters of distortion and editing from this forum if you would feel the same way.

I shall again stress this important point....

The portions of any Internet forum discussion that I copy to my website are almost always only the portions that I myself have CHOSEN to participate in --- and no more than that. If I have chosen not to respond to various points being made in the same thread, then (naturally) there will be nothing in those particular sections of a discussion that I would have a desire to transfer over to my site --- because my main goal at my site is to archive my own comments and posts (so that my posts won't be lost to the dustbin of the Internet junkyard should the forums I'm posting on go belly-up in the future). But the entire discussion is always made available to view via a link that I always include (if it's available) at the bottom of each of my webpages.

And it is my firm opinion that I have not "distorted" or "misrepresented" anyone's comments that appear on my website. (James DiEugenio's constant protests to the contrary notwithstanding.)

Edited by David Von Pein

This is utterly ridiculous and it shows how far around the bend he is.

He calls my article a two parter.  It was originally just a one parter.  But he replied to it and so the part 2 is my reply to him.

If you go ahead and measure how many words are in that article and measure it against his over 100 chapters on me, well, give me a break.  As for name calling, DVP wrote the book.

But I will propose a deal right now and this will show the difference.  If he drops that sub section on me, I will drop that article on him. Deal?  I will give you 72  hours to reply.

Edited by James DiEugenio

56 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But I will propose a deal right now and this will show the difference.  If he drops that sub section on me, I will drop that article on him. Deal?  I will give you 48 [later changed to 72] hours to reply.

No way. Not a chance. My DiEugenio sub-section is one of the best tools on the Internet to illustrate to any ordinary "lurkers" who might be reading my webpages just how far "around the bend" many conspiracy theorists truly are (particularly Mr. James DiEugenio).

Somebody, in fact, once told me I should publish my "DVP Vs. DiEugenio" series in book form. That's not a bad idea either. Maybe it could partly counteract DiEugenio's smelly 548-page smear campaign against Vincent T. Bugliosi known as "Reclaiming Parkland".

And isn't it sweet of Jimmy to offer to delete TWO whopping pages from his website if I would agree to delete 133 pages of mine?

Who would benefit more from such a lopsided transaction, Jim? (Geesh.)

David-Von-Pein-Vs-James-DiEugenio-The-Complete-Series-Logo.png

Edited by David Von Pein

Just looked and see I am on your site

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/search?q=Kamp

Any current member who casts aspersions about the Forum and/or its membership – either from within the forum or outside the forum - may loose their posting privileges or indeed be banned. Which you once already got warned for!

And Posts on the Education Forum are owned by the individual members who post there and who are SOLELY responsible for the content of their posts. Since your reproduction does not tell it in the right context

I suggest you remove my content from your site immediately.

Edited by Bart Kamp