The Education Forum

Swan-Song -- Math Rules

On 6/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, David Josephs said:

:cheers

CHRIS - IS IT A COINCIDENCE THAT THE CYCLE IN 131 AND THE LIMO IN 133 ARE IN EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE?(132 is blurry)

I don't believe so.

The limo front bumper and the actual cop are probably close to the same Station#. Though the cycle front tire is out ahead of the limo front bumper. imo

20ft(see link) is the approx slant line distance from PositionA(Station# 278.5) to extant z133(Station# 299.0) using JFK's physical location in the limo.

Since we are talking about the limo front bumper, which is 15.11ft ahead of JFK, and whatever the cycle tire is in front of the cycle cop, you can add those back to that 20ft slant difference to get a better ideal on the total distance from PositionA to the limo front at extant z133.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25802-dr-costellas-leaning-lamppost/?do=findComment&comment=401562

CYCLE.gif

Edited by Chris Davidson

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to the left of the light pole you can see the red light of a wide turning motorcycle, Jackson I think.

Anyway, that’s about where Pos A is in relation to 133....  We agree that the SS car did not make that wide a turn and the limo reorient itself directly in front of them?

Would really like to hear one other witness describe that turn....  Towner should be a prime witness....

8 hours ago, David Josephs said:

We agree that the SS car did not make that wide a turn and the limo reorient itself directly in front of them?

Not yet.

Would really like to hear one other witness describe that turn....  Towner should be a prime witness....

I'll include the Towner clip with audio in a follow up.

Towner says, gesturing with her hand, she thought the limo was actually closer to her (more to the left) than what is seen in the video.

Towner.gif

https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x7c4ezw

Might have better luck with this link instead. Click on the "play" arrow button at the bottom left part of the screen.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/345211568

Edited by Chris Davidson

On 6/28/2019 at 5:50 PM, Chris Davidson said:

I'll include the Towner clip with audio in a follow up.

Towner says, gesturing with her hand, she thought the limo was actually closer to her (more to the left) than what is seen in the video.

Towner.gif

The building in ur overlay is much smaller than in the current image...  She’d have to be further to her right for that image. Too much is missing of the TSBD in the new image...?

6 hours ago, David Josephs said:

The building in ur overlay is much smaller than in the current image...

I changed the aspect ratio so the limo size would be comparable.

There is a difference in lens compression between Towner's and the modern day clip.

She’d have to be further to her right for that image.

Agreed.

But, there is no footage of the limo rounding the turn while being filmed in this modern day clip, so it's "use what I have".

Too much is missing of the TSBD in the new image...?

The annex/parking structure (lack of better description) connected to the TSBD corner no longer exists.

"Would really like to hear one other witness describe that turn....  Towner should be a prime witness...."

I don't think you're going to find more specifics from Towner about the limo location in regards to what we are discussing.. imo

Maybe an optical printer/special effects experts will chime in.  ???

48171667296_7f026c6261_o.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, Chris Davidson said:

A 2.665" height difference moving between a 7" thick torso = the inverse of Arlen Specter's SBT .

45576341695_f9afb285ff_b.jpg

Description (and of course, some math) to follow:

Shirt.gif

On 12/26/2018 at 2:02 PM, Chris Davidson said:

44660305970_7b76cc9af8_o.png

If you are not interested in the forthcoming(more exact) explanation, but want the abbreviated version(gets you quite close) do this:

Use the 5.75" measurement down from the collar top, from there, move that mark up 3.54" take that difference of 2.21" and run it through a "run/rise" calculator using a torso of 7".

Add (3.13° - Elm St. slope)  and match that angle to a CE884 frame number.

2 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Description (and of course, some math) to follow:

Shirt.gif

The longer explanation:

I encourage you to try this on your own. These are my results as I am the same height 72.5” as JFK was. My wife took the measurements.

Stand up straight.

Find a dress shirt with a 1.5” collar measured from the back of the neck. Button it up.

Measure down from the collar top 5.75” and mark it on a piece of tape that sticks to the shirt.

Put the shirt on and button it up.

Measure from ground to mark.

Distance from ground = 61.75”

Measure to the top button center and subtract .875” and mark it on a piece of tape that sticks to the shirt.

Distance from ground = 60.125”

61.75 - 60.125 = 1.625”

Remove shirt, button it up and suspend it by pulling out on the shoulder areas to get it level and square.

Have a helper take their index fingers and press through the front/back of the shirt using the tape marks.

My marks become the same height.

Note the contradiction with the gif.

Edited by Chris Davidson

The contradiction is a difference of .875” lower on the back. Imo

See if this is close as I progress.

Subtract that from my original back height mark of 61.75”

61.75 - .875 = 60.875” above the ground

60.875” (back) - 60.125” (throat) = .75” (back above throat).

I mentioned that if you were only interested in the abbreviated version to use 3.54" as the upward adjustment.

I didn't inform you that the adjustment should start from a position that is .875" lower than it should be.

-.875" + 3.54" = 2.665" back above throat.

Once that was taken into account, the real difference of throat hole higher than back hole of .43" could be deducted from the 2.665" back hole above throat hole measurement.

-.43" + 2.665" = 2.235" back hole above throat hole.

As you can see, quite close to the simplified equation of 5.75 - 3.54 = 2.21"

2.235" rise through a 7" neck/throat run = 17.71° + 3.13° (Elm St slope) = 20.84° = 20deg50.4min

Where does 20deg50.4min align to on CE884?

It lies between z210-z222.

12 frames with a difference of (1°11' = 71minutes) between them.

71min/12frames = 5.91min per frame

20deg50.4min - 20°23min (z222) = 27.4min

27.4min/5.91min per frame = 4.63 frames

z222= 4.63 = z217.37

First shot determination from SS/FBI- Dec/1963 plat = Station# 381.3

Station# z222 = 385.9

385.9 - 381.3 = 4.6ft

Limo speed z210-z222 =  12.5ft per 12 frames = 1.04ft per frame

4.6ft / 1.04ft per frame = 4.42 frames

z222 - 4.42 frames = z 217.58

48601902951_178f020ab5_o.png