The Education Forum

Robert Morrow, now chairman of Travis Co. GOP

If Trump does get the nomination you can place bets on when he'll be assassinated.

It doesn't work that way in the States anymore.

It's all about character assassination these days. Why create a martyr?

Trump is ripe for character assassination.

Is Ivanka about to drop the Donald's kid -- given that he openly states his desire to date his daughter?

It would be irresponsible not to ask.

Stuff like that...

The most disturbing thing is that he makes Cruz look moderate.

Joseph Cannon chimes in on Morrow and Stone:

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2016/03/fakelore.html

• 1 month later...

If Trump does get the nomination you can place bets on when he'll be assassinated.

Is Ivanka about to drop the Donald's kid -- given that he openly states his desire to date his daughter?

Stuff like that...

It's started.

Donald Trump -- incest pedophile.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert is immune as to what people think about him. Obviously his coup in getting elected Travis County Republican Chairman is going to attract lots of attention to his prior extreme antics and over the top statements. The Republican Party leaders actually do look ridiculous because they knew he was on the Republican primary ballot and they did not mount an effort to educate the party faithful as to who he was and what he stood for. Now they've got a real problem on their hands but most likely with the power they have they will find a solution of sorts.

I am a Bernie Sanders supporter who, like Trump, is trying to upend the political establishment. The chickens are indeed coming home to roost and it is about time.

I have read that Robert supports Ted Cruz and has attacked Trump. I find this strange but let us not forget we are talking about Robert Morrow.

Here is Roger Stone's take on Cruz, which is a forerunner of what Trump will use against Cruz in the next debate:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/26/who-is-the-real-ted-cruz/

Don't take this the wrong way Douglas because this is purely an observation and not a judgement, but you have really shifted gears politically since your youth. I can not imagine a younger version of you supporting Bernine Sanders.

For the record my thoughts on things have changed quite a bit over the years.

These days I think both parties are too entrenched and not responsive to our needs. I also think the media will do what they can to show any challenges to the powers that be in the worst light posible. Maybe we should look at the big picture and not focus so much on an individualls imperfection. Nobody can really stand up to a microscopic review. Nobody has any secrets, not with the technology there is today.

Steve:

My attending the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University (1956-60) gave me a perspective that most of those who call themselves conservative lack.

What really triggered my awakening to the realization that the modern mass Conservative Movement founded in 1960 had veered away from its original principles was a meeting of the board of directors of the Robert Schuchman Foundation in 1974. Schuchman, a Yale Law student, was the first chairman of Young Americans for Freedom, having been elected to that post at the group's founding meeting in 1960 in Sharon, Conn. at the Buckley family home, Great Elm. He passed away suddenly a decade later and a foundation was formed in his memory.

The 1974 Schuchman Foundation meeting was disrupted by the arrival of Joseph Coors of Coors Beer Company, accompanied by Edwin Feulner and Paul Weyrich. The trio informed the directors that they would have to do the bidding of Coors et. al. or face being destroyed financially. The foundation's directors told the three to take a hike and each director subsequently became a target. This came about because there was a void in the leadership of the Republican Party with the resignation of Nixon in the Watergate scandal, causing Coors, an extremist in every sense of the word, to step in to fill the vacuum. Soon after the directors' 1974 meeting Feulner formed the Heritage Foundation and Weyrich formed the Committee for a Free Congress, both being bankrolled by Coors. The takeover of the Conservative movement by opportunists and sociopaths that began in 1974 evolved over the ensuing decades to the point that the U.S. is no longer a functioning democracy, in the words of former president Jimmy Carter.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Steve:

My attending the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University (1956-60) gave me a perspective that most of those who call themselves conservative lack.

What really triggered my awakening to the realization that the modern mass Conservative Movement founded in 1960 had veered away from its original principles was a meeting of the board of directors of the Robert Schuchman Foundation in 1974. Schuchman, a Yale Law student, was the first chairman of Young Americans for Freedom, having been elected to that post at the group's founding meeting in 1960 in Sharon, Conn. at the Buckley family home, Great Elm. He passed away suddenly a decade later and a foundation was formed in his memory.

The 1974 Schuchman Foundation meeting was disrupted by the arrival of Joseph Coors of Coors Beer Company, accompanied by Edwin Feulner and Paul Weyrich. The trio informed the directors that they would have to do the bidding of Coors et. al. or face being destroyed financially. The foundation's directors told the three to take a hike and each director subsequently became a target. This came about because there was a void in the leadership of the Republican Party with the resignation of Nixon in the Watergate scandal, causing Coors, an extremist in every sense of the word, to step in to fill the vacuum. Soon after the directors 1974 meeting Feulner formed the Heritage Foundation and Weyrich formed the Committee for a Free Congress, both being bankrolled by Coors. The takeover of the Conservative movement by opportunists and sociopaths that began in 1974 evolved over the ensuing decades to the U.S. no longer being a functional democracy, in the words of former president Jimmy Carter.

Another key event was the McCloskey-McIntyre fight over an Indiana congressional seat in 1984.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_McCloskey

Newt Gingrich and his back bench radicals led the bitter protest against Democrat McCloskey's seating in May 1985.

After that, Gingrich & Co. were hell-bent on obstructing any and all forms of Democratic governance.

When the GOP took the House in 1994 they started witch-hunting -- Whitewater and a slew of fake scandals..

When Democrats are in the White House and the GOP controls the House -- nothing but witch-hunts.

It's not much of an exaggeration to say that's all they do -- conduct "gotcha!" investigations into Dem Presidents.

It's public relations genius.

When Obama was inaugurated the GOP decided to oppose any and all items on Obama's agenda, even if it meant destroying the economy.

They enforced gridlock and then politicized it brilliantly by blaming Obama for the gridlock.

But in the end the GOP failed to block Obama's agenda along a wide range of issues, and their base took retribution for that failure by nominating a disturbed individual, Donald "No Drought" Trump.

The insanity has only just begun!

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Possible that folks using this method severely underestimate how unhappy the average voter is with how things are.

Two buck a gallon gas; 401Ks stuffed with high stock prices; lay-offs at a 43 year low; we fight a war against ISIS and so far lose only three guys; 2 million people escaped "job lock", the pre-Obamacare situation where folks had to hang onto jobs they didn't like because it was the only way to get health insurance.

What a mess.

For Republicans.

The Trump voters are pissed that Obama and the Democrats have won a lot of recent victories.

The Bernie Sanders voters are pissed off about all the GOP victories since Nixon which have assaulted the middle class.

Trump's rhetoric is pure pander and there are lots and lots of racist whites out there who eat it up -- but not enough to win the general.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• 1 month later...

Stuff like that...

It's started.

Donald Trump -- incest pedophile.

Donald Trump has a character that's self-assassinating.

Donald Trump Charged Of Raping 13-Year-Old In 1994

http://www.hngn.com/articles/201953/20160706/donald-trump-rape-13-year-old-1994.htm

Two buck a gallon gas

I'm sorry but I always have to laugh about this.

Fuel at USD$2.00 per US gallon.

USD$2.00 = AUD$2.66 (Australian dollar)

US GAL = 3.7854 Litres

That means you are paying about AUD$0.70 per litre.

In NSW we are paying about AUD$1.24 per litre and that is relatively cheap. We were down to AUD$0.94 per litre a few months ago and everyone was saying how cheap fuel was...

The difference between countries, I guess.

• 1 month later...