The Education Forum

Ruby's Motive for Murder

55 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

And he implicated Lyndon Johnson on news film.  But who did he leave out among his close associations?  The Mob, the Cubans, the CIA.  Ruby's playing a game here, and in all he said after his arrest.

P.S. - I knew you were going to go all Bircher on me when I wrote that, so it's not like I let you sweep across the board to checkmate.  Like the groups I named above, were the Birchers capable of managing all levels of the assassination and coverup?

David,

What would Ruby's motive have been at that point to try and deflect suspicion?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, David Andrews said:

And he implicated Lyndon Johnson on news film.  But who did he leave out among his close associations?  The Mob, the Cubans, the CIA.  Ruby's playing a game here, and in all he said after his arrest.

P.S. - I knew you were going to go all Bircher on me when I wrote that, so it's not like I let you sweep across the board to checkmate.  Like the groups I named above, were the Birchers capable of managing all levels of the assassination and coverup?

David,

It's not that simple.  Here's the complexity.   I say that the Dallas Police were the street-crew of the JFK asassination.  They controlled the evidence, the crime scene, the ballistics, the photographs, the home movies, the witnesses, the suspects, the suspects' families, the line-ups, and anything having to do with Dealey Plaza and Dallas.

SECONDLY, I say that the FBI, knowing that the US Radical Right killed JFK, trying to blame the Communists for it, decided to stage their own Cover-up plot -- which is a completely separate plot.

The FBI then took control of all the Dallas Police evidence, and extended this to include medical evidence, and even autopsy evidence reaching to Bethesda -- with the authority of LBJ himself -- in the interest of National Security.

The US Government logic was this -- if the JFK Killers were successful in blaming the Communists, the USA would have prepared for war with the USSR and Cuba.   So, it was a matter of National Security, and LBJ saw that as soon as J. Edgar Hoover explained it -- and he signed onto the "Lone Nut" theory that same afternoon.

The problem I continue to have is that the best CT is that the Dallas Police killed JFK -- but the old, tired CIA-did-it literature, 50 years old, keeps burping back up everywhere.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

What if Jack Ruby was simply plan "B" in a larger plot? What If someone who was very skilled in espionage, such as James Jesus Angleton conceived the entire plot. What if Jack Ruby was the plan "B" in the event plan "A", who was LHO did not go well? If the LHO lone-nut angle didn't pan out, then Jack Ruby could be linked to the Mafia and give the public, and media something else to focus on, while material witnesses were eliminated. From my studies of Central Intelligence, I have learned their guiding philosophy is to confuse the issue, when all else fails. When the WC played Jack Ruby as a wanna-be wise guy, they were downplaying his ties to the mob. I submit, that had their "lone nut LHO" narrative become unacceptable, they would have escalated Ruby's mafia associations and blamed the mob. They would have probably blamed Carlos Marcello.

What is the proof that the DPD manipulated Oswald, killed JFK, and then framed Oswald for the plot?

What is the evidence that the FBI knew Walker ran the plot?

The problem Paul has is not the tradition of other researchers, much of that is distinguished.

The problem is that Paul's ideas, and Caufield's, don't convince anyone since they are so  bereft of evidence, logic and consistency.

The problem I continue to have is that the best CT is that the Dallas Police killed JFK

And no one in national-level intelligence, law enforcement, or the military took this as an insult or a usurpation?  Why not?  Surely there were prerogatives of power to defend from the likes of Jesse Curry, not to mention upstarts like Rousselot and Gabaldon.  If LBJ was willing to deliver a smackdown to fellow Southerner and Democrat George Wallace over civil rights resistance not very much later, would not some yankee in DC be upset that the cowboys had snuffed JFK?  Unless...

Edited by David Andrews

On 2/12/2017 at 10:27 PM, James DiEugenio said:

What is the proof that the DPD manipulated Oswald, killed JFK, and then framed Oswald for the plot?

What is the evidence that the FBI knew Walker ran the plot?

The problem Paul has is not the tradition of other researchers, much of that is distinguished.

The problem is that Paul's ideas, and Caufield's, don't convince anyone since they are so  bereft of evidence, logic and consistency.

James,

My CT relies only on books already published by other writers in the past 50 years -- with an emphasis on books published in the 21st century, after the Lopez Report (2003) was published.

The evidence that the DPD killed JFK is given in professor Walt Brown's book, Treachery in Dallas (1996) among other books.

The evidence that the FBI knew Walker ran the plot is given by Jeff Caufield's book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015), as well as by my reading of J. Edgar Hoover's testimony to the Warren Commission.  In that testimony, Hoover affirms that LHO was never a Communist, and never an officer of the FPCC.  In fact, Hoover reported this to RFK by 3pm CST on the day of the JFK assassination.

Hoover also knew that the Fake FPCC in which LHO was active in New Orleans was operated out of 544 Camp Street, by former FBI agent Guy Banister.  Hoover also knew that Guy Banister was connected with the same political groups in which General Walker operated.

Hoover also knew that General Walker orchestrated the humiliation of Adlai Stevenson in Dallas only one month before JFK entered Dallas.  (In fact, this was widely known in Dallas itself.  Of course, after orchestrating the attack, General Walker, like any good General, did not enter the field of battle that day, but watched from a distance).

Jack Ruby told Earl Warren that General Walker and the JBS ran the plot.

ATF agent Franks Ellsworth told the FBI that General Walker and the Minutemen ran the plot.  This was not a surprising statement in 1963.

The main problem that critics have with Jeff Caufield's excellent new ideas is that they clash with 50 years worth of failed CIA-did-it theories.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, David Andrews said:

The problem I continue to have is that the best CT is that the Dallas Police killed JFK

And no one in national-level intelligence, law enforcement, or the military took this as an insult or a usurpation?  Why not?  Surely there were prerogatives of power to defend from the likes of Jesse Curry, not to mention upstarts like Rousselot and Gabaldon.  If LBJ was willing to deliver a smackdown to fellow Southerner and Democrat George Wallace over civil rights resistance not very much later, would not some yankee in DC be upset that the cowboys had snuffed JFK?  Unless...

David,

You hit the nail on the head.  J. Edgar Hoover knew very well that rogues inside the Dallas Police (led by General Walker, with help from Guy Banister and Interpen) had killed JFK.

Since Hoover knew it, then everybody else at the high levels of US Government knew it.

Yet *this* is the secret that they have been keeping from the American People for the past half-century.

The US Government took this as a slap in the face, of course, and they did get their revenge -- but under the radar of the public Media.

The Civil War is over -- and the Yankees and Cowboys must try to live together.  That's the story of the USA.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Are you referring to the fact that Ted Walker wasn't allowed to skip on indecency charges?  Did they set him up for a fall by lifting his little black book so that he had to go cruising in the park?  The very act and circumstance are indicative of Walker's status after the "crime of the century." 

Ted Walker was a useful tool of bigger powers.  His ending a few short years after JFK proves, Q. E. D., that he had no real or enduring power of his own. 

He was bought off and kept in line by the restoration of his pension at the end of his life - if he had had real power the pension would have meant as much to him then as when he threw it away under JFK.

19 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Are you referring to the fact that Ted Walker wasn't allowed to skip on indecency charges?  Did they set him up for a fall by lifting his little black book so that he had to go cruising in the park?  The very act and circumstance are indicative of Walker's status after the "crime of the century." 

Ted Walker was a useful tool of bigger powers.  His ending a few short years after JFK proves, Q. E. D., that he had no real or enduring power of his own. 

He was bought off and kept in line by the restoration of his pension at the end of his life - if he had had real power the pension would have meant as much to him then as when he threw it away under JFK.

David,

Ted Walker was his own man.  He was a victorious Major General in World War Two.  He spent 30 years in the Army.  He resigned in 1961, forfeiting his pension, in protest of the "Communism" that he perceived in the US Government.

Ted Walker then ran for Texas Governor in 1962.  He lost.  In September 1962, Ted Walker organized and led a violent racial riot at Ole Miss University, in protest of JFK's sending Federal Troops there to defend the right of Black American James Meredith to register as a student there.

Ted Walker lost that struggle as well.  JFK and RFK sent Ted Walker to an insane asylum the next day -- but this was loudly protested by the ACLU and psychiatrist Thomas Szasz.  In three days, JFK and RFK set Ted Walker free.

Over the course of the next few years, Ted Walker sued every newspaper in the USA who had claimed that he had organized and led the violent racial riot at Ole Miss University.  Ted Walker lost 9 out of 10 of his cases -- but those ten percent he did win amassed him $3 million.   (In today's dollars that's about $30 million.)

In April 10 1963, somebody tried to shoot Ted Walker at his home in Dallas.  On April 14, 1963, somebody (most likely James Hosty of the FBI) told Ted Walker that Lee Harvey Oswald was his shooter.  Ted Walker began tracking Oswald from that date forward -- especially through his friends in New Orleans: Guy Banister and David Ferrie.

Ted Walker's personal papers, now stored at UT Austin, give ample evidence of this story.  Ted Walker himself wrote in 1968 that if RFK had not freed LHO in April 1963, JFK would still be alive. 

The AP kept appealing the lawsuits, of course.  Ted Walker would have been rich except for one thing.  When AP appealed to the Supreme Court in 1967, the judge who heard the case was Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren.  Earl Warren knew very well that Ted Walker was the mastermind of the JFK assassination, and so found in favor of AP, and sent Ted Walker home empty handed.

At that point Ted Walker began to slip.  He had to beg for his Army Pension back.  He got caught in public men's rooms behaving badly.  He was done.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul finally gets to the punch line.

Walker never got anything from his lawsuit.

Paul is now amending Caufield's book.  Because Caufield does not at all indicate a conspiracy between Walker and the DPD.

I guess this is his way of saying that since he has no case, he will now resort to the DPD and Hosty.

Keep on trucking Paul, maybe you can jimmy something together one of these days.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I don't have anything against Walker's sexuality, or anybody's - but the circumstances are indicative.  A supposedly powerful man that allegedly had a president killed was busted twice, 13 and 14 years later, for soliciting sex in a park.  In 1976 and 1977, when homosexuality was on the verge of being socially acceptable and partners were easily available (viz. Roy Cohn, Esq.), and after his own sexuality had been an open secret for a number of years (viz. Roy Cohn, Esq.).  That was the length Walker had to go to for fun, and nobody let him take a powder after the arrests.  He got the Dallas police to assassinate a president and cover it up, but 14 years later he couldn't cover up two sex raps when the complainants were themselves DPD.

This is not the fate of a privately acknowledged mastermind and world-beater who controlled a city police force and an immense, multi-state, and perhaps international, rightist network.  This might have been a fate for someone at the level of a David Ferrie. 

Edited by David Andrews

Testimony of Wanda Yvonne Helmick

Mrs. HELMICK. I always worked those hours.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, you have talked to the FBI and have indicated that you overheard a telephone conversation that you believed took place between Jack Ruby and Ralph Paul?
Mrs. HELMICK. Yes.
Mr. GRIFFIN. When was it that you heard that telephone conversation? Mrs. HELMICK. It was the night before Oswald was shot.

--------------------

Mr. GRIFFIN. Was Ralph Paul sitting there at the booth with you?
Mrs. HELMICK. No, he was behind the counter, and Rose got up and went back there to do something, and she started talking to him, and the telephone rang, and she said, "It is for you. It is Jack."
So he took the phone and he had been talking quite a while, and he said something. He either said, "Are you crazy? A gun?" or something like that, or he said something about a gun.
Then he said, "Are you crazy?" But he did say something about a gun, and he asked him if he was crazy.
Mr. GRIFFIN. How long did he talk on this telephone call?
Mrs. HELMICK. He Just talked for about 5 minutes, I guess. It wasn't very long.

On 2/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, Michael Clark said:

Testimony of Wanda Yvonne Helmick

Mrs. HELMICK. I always worked those hours.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, you have talked to the FBI and have indicated that you overheard a telephone conversation that you believed took place between Jack Ruby and Ralph Paul?
Mrs. HELMICK. Yes.
Mr. GRIFFIN. When was it that you heard that telephone conversation? Mrs. HELMICK. It was the night before Oswald was shot.

--------------------

Mr. GRIFFIN. Was Ralph Paul sitting there at the booth with you?
Mrs. HELMICK. No, he was behind the counter, and Rose got up and went back there to do something, and she started talking to him, and the telephone rang, and she said, "It is for you. It is Jack."
So he took the phone and he had been talking quite a while, and he said something. He either said, "Are you crazy? A gun?" or something like that, or he said something about a gun.
Then he said, "Are you crazy?" But he did say something about a gun, and he asked him if he was crazy.
Mr. GRIFFIN. How long did he talk on this telephone call?
Mrs. HELMICK. He Just talked for about 5 minutes, I guess. It wasn't very long.

Conspicuously, The WC surfaces findings, from the Carousel crew at least, that Ruby always had a gun; even if it was in his trunk.

Edited by Michael Clark

55 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

I guess it's time to download Ralph Paul's testimony for comparison.

Not a good start. I searched my 71 page PDF of the testimony of Ralph Paul for the word "crazy" and I retrieved "no results".

It looks like I have some reading to do....