The Education Forum

Two Dallas cops were involved in the pre-arranged murder of Tippit...

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, David Josephs said:

That wasn't him on the bus Dan....  at least not from the research I've seen

I think he was taken home in the Rambler, and then taken to the Theater by the police car that came by...

McWatters will repeatedly tell you that he was talking about Roy Milton and not Oswald...
Bledsoe's description of the arrest shirt... before he'd even been to the theater is quite the trick of clairvoyance...

So the cop car stops, toots it's horn and takes off.  Ozzie hears the signal, walks out to the bus stop, scopes out the area to see if anyone is watching,  long enough that his land lady sees him there, walks a half block or block and gets in the cop car.  At the Texas Theater he buys a ticket, some popcorn about the time Tippit is killed, then goes up to the balcony.  Sound logical?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

...and I now realize that DVP has maintained these videos on his YouTube channel. Both segments are worth watching, and each are just a few minutes in duration.

So, courtesy of DVP, the WFAA segment can be viewed here, starting at 2:07:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy4Fv4xsM4Y&list=PL0O5WNzrZqIOp-NaY1P1TIr-zWKPVBL9Q&index=2

The CBS segment is found here, starting at 1:19:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8Vp9Zyfp8

Thanks for these links, Jeff.

Surprisingly, I actually have both videos in my archive, and they are from DVP. Your timestamps saved me from searching through hours of video. You are absolutely correct, they are worth watching.

In the 'day after' video, McDonald not only doesn't describe how his clever hand placement prevented the weapon from firing, he clearly states the gun "misfired." In contrast, a year later for CBS he demonstrates the entire process in response to the interviewers statement that the gun "misfired." This demo is preceded by McDonald's statement that the gun did NOT misfire. Why the blatant change? IMO, this new false story was required because a gun that misfired is not an acceptable weapon to fire five shots into JDT. The fiction that LHO murdered JDT so he MUST have assassinated JFK had to be maintained.

Tom

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

So the cop car stops, toots it's horn and takes off.  Ozzie hears the signal, walks out to the bus stop, scopes out the area to see if anyone is watching,  long enough that his land lady sees him there, walks a half block or block and gets in the cop car.  At the Texas Theater he buys a ticket, some popcorn about the time Tippit is killed, then goes up to the balcony.  Sound logical?

Sounds right to me Ron...

Westbrook n Croy?

Unknowns?  E Roberts was pretty blind... lol

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Sounds right to me Ron...

Westbrook n Croy?

Unknowns?  E Roberts was pretty blind... lol

No, not on Westbrook and/or Croy as Oswald's ride to the Texas Theater. 

On 10/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, Ron Bulman said:

That's a good question Steve.  Why did detective Bentley go to Westbrook's office, in Personnel to make out his murder arrest report?  Didn't the detectives have their own offices/desks/area?  Or there was homicide, where the investigation was actually taking place.  Maybe he needed Westbrook's help in getting his story straight?

One thing I don't quite understand is what C.T. Walker did with his car.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/walker_c.htm

“Mr. WALKER. I went in the alley up to the back door... And there were several officers around the back of the theatre, and myself, and McDonald, and Officer Hutson went in the back door. ”

And then after Oswald was arrested...

“Mr. WALKER. There was a plain car, police car out in front. The right door was open, and Bentley went in first, and Oswald come and then I. We sat in the back seat with him.

Mr. BELIN. Let me ask you, did you have anything to do on November 22, or anything more to do on November 22, with either the Tippit shooting or investigation or apprehension of Oswald or the assassination of the President's investigation?
Mr. WALKER. No. I stayed down in Captain Westbrook's office for a while until I got off.”

Walker was not asked, and didn't volunteer what happened to his car.

So;  Bentley, Hill, Carroll and Walker are all hanging around Westbrook's office after they got back.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

One thing I don't quite understand is what C.T. Walker did with his car.

I guess I have to amend this.
At 1:53, Gerald Hill radios in to Dispatch:
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes3.htm

550/2 (Sgt. G.L. Hill)     223 is in the car with us. See if someone can pick up his car at the rear of the Texas Theater and take it to the station. It's got the keys in it.           
      Dispatcher     10-4.           
      Dispatcher     91.           
      91 (Ptm. W.D. Mentzel and Ptm. J.W. Courson)     91.           
      Dispatcher     Report back to the Texas Theater. Get 223's car and lock it up.           
      91     10-4.

I'm not sure how Mentzel got Walker's keys back to him, but at least his car his accounted for.

Steve Thomas

No one seems able to explain why the two witnesses closest to the Tippit shooting (Tatum and Benevides) thought the killer, wearing a light jacket over a white t-shirt, looked like the Oswald in the Texas Theatre, who was wearing a brown shirt.  If we don’t believe the brown-shirted Oswald killed Tippit, is it just an amazing coincidence that Tippit’s killer bore a striking resemblance to “LHO?”

Why would anyone assassinate a cop in broad daylight in front of numerous witnesses for no apparent reason whatsoever?

46 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

No one seems able to explain why the two witnesses closest to the Tippit shooting (Tatum and Benevides) thought the killer, wearing a light jacket over a white t-shirt, looked like the Oswald in the Texas Theatre, who was wearing a brown shirt.

Jim,

I had some questions about Benevides.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/benavide.htm

Mr. BELIN - Then what happened? Did the officers ever get in touch with you?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Later on that evening, about 4 o'clock, there was two officers came by and asked for me, Mr. Callaway asked me---I had told them that I had seen the officer, and the reporters were there and I was trying to hide from the reporters because they will just bother you all the time.

I was just trying to hide from the reporters and everything, and these two officers came around and asked me if I'd seen him, and I told him yes, and told them what I had seen,...
Mr. BELIN - Did he ever take you to the police station and ask you if you could identify him?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; they didn't.

Callaway makes no mention of this 4:00 PM visit.

Another FBI file from SA Joseph J. Loeffler to SAC (89-43) dated December 4, 1963.
https://books.google.com/books?id=IdnhAQAAQBAJ&pg=PT757&lpg=PT757&dq=%22Domingo+Benavides%22+CBS&source=bl&ots=eODtmXcfZ5&sig=FqLkfGuuiw6qUA5NRAnj1nJeifk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0trfvxfPYAhVD7IMKHX2PCoA4ChDoAQgpMAE#v=onepage&q=%22Domingo%20Benavides%22%20CBS&f=false

“4 empty hulls – 2 found by unidentified witness at the scene of the shooting of Tippit – 400 E. 10th St. and given to Officer, J.M. Poe. He has no recollection of who gave them to him.” The memo goes on to talk about the shells found by the Davis sisters.

Poe's after-action report dated 11/22/63
DPD Archives, Box 1, Folder# 4, Item# 5
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box1.htm
Poe wrote, "Unidentified witness handed Officer Poe two empty hulls in an empty cigarette package and stated, "These were the bullets that killed the officer.". The bottom of the Report is marked “Pending”.

The only mention of Benavides in the DPD Archives Index is a Report by James Leavelle.
DPD Archives Box 16, Folder# 12, Item# 6.
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box1617.htm

It's dated the 22nd, and it had to have been written up after 6:30PM, because he mentions the 6:30 lineup.
Leavelle wrote, "Another witness who saw the officer laying in the street, but did not see the suspect was a Domingo Benavides..."
Leavelle wrote that Benavides found two shells and turned them over to Poe, who in turn, turned them over to Pete Barnes, who "dusted the car for prints".

At the time Poe wrote his Report, Benavides was still unidentified.

By 6:30, he is identified by name in Leavelle's Report.

Benavides said that 2 officers came by (at Dootch Motors, I believe), at 4:00 PM and he told them what he had seen.

If James Levealle wrote up a Report on November 22nd identifying Benevides by name,, why does the FBI Report filed by James Loeffler on December 4, 1963 says that it was an “unidentified witness” who gave Poe the shells, and that Poe “has no recollection of who gave them to him”?

Who were the two officers? Where is their report?

Why did the police and the WC give so much more attention to Helen Markham than they did to Domingo Benavides? He was actually closer to the shooter than Markham was, wasn't he?

Is it because Benavides describes a shooter who looked different than Oswald?

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/benavide.htm

Mr. BELIN - I am between 5' 10" and 5' 11". Closer to 5' 11", I believe.

Mr. BENAVIDES - I would say he was about your size,

Mr. BELIN - Was he average weight, slender, or heavy?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I would say he was average weight.
Mr. BELIN - What color hair did he have?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Oh, dark. I mean not dark.
Mr. BELIN - Black hair?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No. Not black or brown, just kind of a----

Mr. BELIN - You say he is my size, my weight, and my color hair?
Mr. BENAVIDES - He kind of looks like---well, his hair was a little bit curlier.
Mr. BELIN - Anything else about him that looked like me.
Mr. BENAVIDES - No. that is all.
Mr. BELIN - What about his skin? Was he fair complexioned or dark complexioned?
Mr. BENAVIDES - He wasn't dark.
Mr. BELIN - Average complexion?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; a little bit darker than average.
Of course he looked, his skin looked a little bit ruddier than mine.
Mr. BENAVIDES - I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look fiat in back.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/hill_gl.htm

WC testimony of Gerald Hill

The first man that came up to me, he said, "The man that shot him was a white male about 5'10", weighing 160 to 170 pounds, and brown bushy hair."

Mr. BELIN. Now, let me interrupt you here, sergeant. Do you remember the name of the person that gave you the description?
Mr. HILL. No. I turned him over to Poe, and I didn't even get his name.

Mr. BELIN - When you put these two shells that you found in this cigarette package, what did you do with them?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I gave them to an officer.
Mr. BELIN - That came out to the scene shortly after?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember the name of the officer?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No, sir; I didn't even ask him. I just told him that this was the shells that he had fired, and I handed them to him. Seemed like he was a young guy, maybe 24.

Mr. BELIN - When the officers came out there, did you tell them what you had seen?

Mr. BENAVIDES - No, sir.
Mr. BELIN - What did you do?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I left right after. I give the shells to the officer. I turned around and went back and we returned to work.

Who is we?

Who were these two officers, how did they get Benavides' name if Poe didn't know who he was, and where is their Report?

Steve Thomas

33 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

No one seems able to explain why the two witnesses closest to the Tippit shooting (Tatum and Benevides) thought the killer, wearing a light jacket over a white t-shirt, looked like the Oswald in the Texas Theatre, who was wearing a brown shirt.  If we don’t believe the brown-shirted Oswald killed Tippit, is it just an amazing coincidence that Tippit’s killer bore a striking resemblance to “LHO?”

Why would anyone assassinate a cop in broad daylight in front of numerous witnesses for no apparent reason whatsoever?

Jim...  I'm a bit confused by your post...  Benavides said he had on a DARK shirt under the Jacket... and he was not asked to ID the man and yes, the description he gives - with the detail about the hair - suggests it was not the 5'8" 135lb Oswald.

Mr. BENAVIDES - You are about 5' 10"? 
Mr. BELIN - I am between 5' 10" and 5' 11". Closer to 5' 11", I believe. 
Mr. BENAVIDES - I would say he was about your size, and he had a light-beige jacket, and was lightweight

Mr. BELIN - Do you remember what kind of shirt he had on? 

Mr. BENAVIDES - It was dark in color, but I don't remember exactly what color. 

Mr. BELIN - Did he ever take you to the police station and ask you if you could identify him? 
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; they didn't. 

Mr. BELIN - Ted told you the next day at work that he had gone down and identified him? 
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes; I don't know if Ted told me, but somebody told me.

===

Tatum on the other hand does not mention anything other than a zippered jacket http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/tatum.htm
so I am again a bit confused by your statement...  Do you have more from Tatum that we haven't seen yet?

Mr. Jack Tatum was not interviewed until the HSCA 15 years later.  He claims to have seen these things from Denver & 10th From his affidavit:
He evidently makes the left turn (despite not saying so) and drives up to and right past the murder scene.

"I was driving XXXX north on Denver and stopped at 10th St. when I first saw the squad car and men walking on the sidewalk near the squad car."

1771624076_Tatumviewfrom10thandDenver.thumb.jpg.8b7d759faf78028bc5c8bea835aee03d.jpg

955142369_Viewto10thandDenverandwhatTatumclaimstohaveseen-smaller.thumb.jpg.3266a82bbf127bd0460e239c68dad2ef.jpg

"he next thing I knew I heard something that sounded like gun shots as I approached the intersection. (10th & Patton)."

"saw this young white man standing near the front of the squad car. Next. this man with a gun in his hand ran toward the back of the squad car, but instead of running away he stepped into the street and shot the police officer who was lying in the street."

123187255_QandATippitAmbulancedriverJASPERCLAYTONBULTERp3of4-Tippitbodyposition-notpossibleforafronttobackheadshotpertatum.jpg.87dea45b9c249b9867b85be8545d4cf3.jpg

So, given the description of how Tippit was found (as well as covered by a Royal blue coat that simply vanishes)... I wonder how the killer shoots Tippit in the right temple with a bullet moving from front to back coming to rest at the top rear of the skull?  (Eerily similar to JFK's wound)  he's on his stomach...  and Tatum remains to only person to mention this 4th shot with so much description...

1152223437_Tippitautopsyfacesheet.thumb.jpg.407c0d19208938888bca9557b49f3ca1.jpg

Mr. BELIN - How many shots did you hear all told?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I heard three shots.

Mr. BELIN. How many shots did you hear?
Mr. SCOGGINS. Three or four
, in the neighborhood. They was fast.
Mr. BELIN. They were fast shots?
Mr. SCOGGINS. Yes; they were fast.

ELBERT AUSTIN, 8317 Fourth Avenue, Dallas, advised that on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, he was working on a construction job at the intersection of Tenth and Denver Street, Dallas, Texas. He advised he was a brick mason's helper and was assisting in the construction of an apartment house. Me stated sometime after 1:00 PM he was on a scaffold in front of the aforementioned apartment house when he heard approximately two or three shots

JIMMY EARL BURT, General Delivery stated that on November 22, 1963 he was living at 505 E. 10th Street, Dallas, Texas which is the residence of his father—in—law, DAVID SHAEFER. He and a friend WILLIAM SMITH were sitting in his brother, BILLY BURT's house located at the corner of 9th and Denver Streets, Dallas. It was some time after lunch when they heard two gunshots. He and SMITH immediately ran from the house toward his car, a 1952 two—tone blue Ford which was parked facing south on Denver Street. As they ran from the house they heard four more shots making a total of six.

Mr. BALL. What did you hear at that time?
Mr. CALLAWAY. I heard what sounded to me like five pistol shots.
Mr. BALL. Five pistol shots?
Mr. CALLAWAY.
Five shots, yes, sir.

FRANK CIMINO, 403 East Tenth Street, Apartment 7, Dallas, Texas, advised that on November 22, 1963, he was residing in an apartment at 405 East Tenth Street. He Stated that at around 1 p.m. he was at his apartment listening to the radio. He heard four loud noises which sounded like shots and then he heard a women scream

The officer was lying on his side with his head in front of the left front head light of his car. His gun was out of the holster and lying by his side

Mr. DULLES. Plural? How many did you hear?
Mrs. DAVIS. Just two, they were pretty close together. (both sisters say the same thing)

Mr. BALL. How many?
Mr. GUINYARD. I heard three.

FRANCIS KINNETH, 1425 Caidwell, Dallas, Texas, advised he was employed on a construction job at the intersection of Denver and Tenth Street, Dallas, on the afternoon of November 22, 1963. He advised at approximately 1:00 PM he had heard approximately two or three shots

L. J. LEWIS, 7616 Hums, Pleasant Grove, Texas, advised he is presently self-employed as a wholesale car dealer. LEWIS advised that on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, he was on the used car lot of Johnny Reynolds Used Cars together with HAROLD RUSSELL and PAT PATTERSON, during which time they heard approximately three or four gun shots coming from the vicinity of Tenth and Patton Avenue, Dallas, Texas

Mr. LIEBELER. How many shots did you hear?
Mr.REYNOLDS. I really have no idea, to be honest with you. I would say four or five or six. I just would have no idea.

Although he said his “hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off,” as Classic Oswald’s did, Benavides clearly thought Tippit’s killer looked like Oswald:

Mr. BELIN - You used the name Oswald. How did you know this man was Oswald? 
Mr. BENAVIDES - From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald. 

So did Jack Tatum, the other witness closest to the Tippit slaying, who said much the same thing.

Benavides also seemed unsure of the shirt color.  

Mr. BENAVIDES - I think the shirt looked darker than that. 
Mr. BELIN - The shirt was darker? 
Mr. BENAVIDES - I couldn't tell at the time because he had the Jacket on there. That was a waist-type jacket, wasn't it? 

And there were numerous police communications indicating the Tippit suspect had a light jacket and white shirt (or t-shirt).  For example, from the dispatcher (emphasis added):

1:24 --Wanted for investigation for assault to murder on a police officer: A white male; approximately thirty; about five foot eight; slender build; has black hair; a white jacket; a white shirt and dark trousers. The suspect last seen running west on Jefferson from 400 East Jefferson. 

Oswald in a brown shirt was in the Texas Theatre at or about the time Tippit was shot.  Tippit’s killer, according to DPD radio statements, was in a white shirt and jacket and, according to the closest eyewitnesses, looked like Classic Oswald.  Is that a coincidence?

34 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Mr. BELIN - When you put these two shells (DJ emphasis) that you found in this cigarette package, what did you do with them?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I gave them to an officer.

I've always felt that the TIPPIT evidence was manufactured from police issue items. the markings on the bullets casings, the live ammo taken from him, and even the pistol itself...  Now, we are also aware that BARNES says POE gave him the shells....  what we probably don't remember in the course of things was where did these two go AFTER the Tippit scene... one or both of these men having some of the shells with them...

Mr. BALL. Were you at the Texas Theatre? 
Mr. POE. Yes, sir. 
Mr. BALL. Did you see him apprehended? 
Mr. POE. No, sir; I didn't. 
Mr. BALL. You were out? 
Mr. POE. At the back. 
Mr. BALL. At the back? 
Mr. POE. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL.
I think that is all, Mr. Poe

Not gonna ask HIM any more questions….  And what about the other guy with the SHELLS?  Sure does seem like a lot of opportune time to bring all the Tippit evidence together... just look carefully at those who were at the TSBD, the Tippit scene and the Theater and wind up in WESTBROOK'S office where the Tippit evidence was "stored" - while HILL was holding this evidence before supposedly giving it to TL BAKER.

Mr. BELIN. Did you make any pictures of the Texas Theatre
Mr. BARNES. I did. 

Mr. BELIN. When did you do those? 
Mr. BARNES. I did that the afternoon of November 22, as soon
as I finished with the Tippit car pictures

1346755543_HillgavepistoltoTLBaker.jpg.13707f12e552d7306f1404d9e77cb1ad.jpg

On April 7th we hear from BARNES:
Mr. BARNES. I photographed the scene; yes. There was a couple of hulls that was turned over to me. 
Mr. BELIN. Do you mean empty shell casings? 
Mr. BARNES. Empty .38 caliber hulls was turned over to me at the scene by patrolman--I believe I would be safe in saying Poe, but I am not sure about that. 

Mr. BELIN. Let me backtrack a minute. You may have misunderstood my question. When you finished up at East 10th and Patton Streets, you took pictures, you got shells, you said you tried to get fingerprints. Did you try to do anything else at East 10th and Patton? 
Mr. BARNES. No. 
Mr. BELIN. Then where did you go from East 10th and Patton? 
Mr. BARNES. The Texas Theatre. 
Mr. BELIN. Before you got to the Texas Theatre, did you stop at the spot where you say this jacket was found? 
Mr. BARNES. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. Did you take a picture there? 

Mr. BARNES. Yes. 
Mr. BELIN. All right, did you take any other pictures between East 10th and Patton and the Texas Theatre? 
Mr. BARNES. I took two photos of the place where the jacket was found. 

Mr. BELIN. How many of these hulls, to the best of your recollection, did you identify out there? 
Mr. BARNES. I believe that the patrolman gave me two, and Captain Doughty received the third. 

And now the clincher... 

Mr. BELIN. What instrument did you use to place this mark? 
Mr. BARNES. I used a diamond point pen. 
Mr. BELIN. You put it on Q-74 and Q-75?

1962102276_Poeisshownhulls-JMPnottheresonoID-BarnesIDshullsasthosefromPoe.jpg.51791a3aa78a4feb1c15c9fc92ac5234.jpg

Q74 and Q77 ???

J.M.P.?

Mr. POE. I want to say these two are mine, but I couldn't swear to it. 
Mr. BALL. Did you make a mark? 
Mr. POE. I can't swear to it; no, sir. (April 7th 1964 compared to above in June/July)
Mr. BALL. But there is a mark on two of these? 
Mr. POE. There is a mark. I believe I put on them, but I

I can't seem to find the exhibit with the complete list of "Q" items... but I'm pretty sure they are not interchangeable..

Poe claims to have marked them BEFORE giving them to BARNES...  here are the marks...

1268931249_BarnesBonTippithulls-maybe.jpg.0b2b1e276e166e4de1db40a116b7a75a.jpg

On April 8th we hear from HILL:
Mr. BELIN. You went back to 400 East 10th Street? 
Mr. HILL. Right. And Poe showed me a Winston cigarette package that contained three spent jackets from shells that he said a citizen had pointed out to him where the suspect had reloaded his gun

On April 9th we hear from POE:
Mr. BALL. How many cartridges, or empty cartridges or shells were given to you? 
Mr. POE. There were two in an empty Winston cigarette package. 
Mr. BALL. Did you save the Winston cigarette package? 
Mr. POE. I turned it in with the two cartridges. 

This is part of WCD345 the FBI unofficial list of evidence... Interesting how someone notes that the 2 other shells were found "down the street" and not "handed to DPD in cigarette wrapper by Domingo" (they name the Davis')   one still has to wonder what HILL was thinking between the THREE hulls and the AUTOMATIC comment...

img_10746_34_300.png

David,

You posted:

Bentley said he gave Oswald's wallet to T.L. Baker of the Homicide and Robbery Bureau.

Hill says here that he kept the suspect's gun in his possession for at least an hour after Oswald was brought in to police headquarters.

So;  Bentley, Hill, Carroll and C.T. Walker are all hanging around Westbrook's office after they got back from the Theater.

The suspect's wallet, the gun and the shells were turned over to Lt. Baker, and not the crime lab.

On the 22nd, a coat was found on Industrial Blvd. It was turned over to Lieutenant Kaminski, who turned it over to Homicide and Robbery.

Westphal and Parks were in the Special Service Bureau.

Westbrook told the WC that he gave the jacket that was found in the parking lot behind the gas station to some officer, whose name he didn't remember. It's unknown how this jacket got to the crime lab where it was entered into evidence and given to the FBI on the 26th.

It gives one reason to pause.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Steve... Amazing little Rabbit Hole we got here...no?

WESTBROOK is so FOS it's hard to see thru it all...  I posted that since it conflicts directly with other evidence that bypasses BAKER entirely.

===

I've been looking into the "K" v "Q" FBI evidence references in which FRASIER lied his butt off   https://www.history-matters.com/essays/frameup/FrazierSpeaks/FrazierSpeaks.htm

The bottom line is that former FBI SA Robert A. Frazier offered up three differing, unreasonable, implausible “stories” for why the Limo Search evidence went into limbo for at least 3 hours on 11/23/63. It is my firm belief that Frazier knows exactly why the Limo Search evidence went into its holding pattern. The question, What really happened between 2:00 and 7:30 AM? remains unanswered.

414237324_FraziernotesoncreationofQlistfromKnumberedlist.jpg.9bef1d3f8015990ca19ba2d0289a4422.jpg

I found a presentation about the FBI's "bullet lead" fiasco which contained a very interesting slide:  http://www.ams.jhu.edu/~seminar/seminar/20071011spiegelmanslides.ppt

No cases identified whether there was a match (or a method(s) for how a match was obtained)
There are massive inconsistencies among FBI data sets and FBI descriptions of the data sets
There are differences in the chemical compositions patterns of bullets according to the caliber of the bullets- relevant to how the FBI calculated the probability of false matches.
Only a few cases, 138, in the data provided have both K and Q bullets
K bullets are those found at the crime scene
Q bullets are suspect bullets
The more K and Q bullets the more matches ( This is a point that is not brought out by the FBI).
1571458645_TheQlistofevidencesmall.jpg.74e98914a067555fcf0d010bd8941aed.jpg

The list above appears to be following these definitions... All the "Q" evidence are "suspect" except for Q10, 11 & 12 which have nothing to do with ballistics other than those items MAY have had some ballistic evidence from having come in contact with the weapons.
While the "K" are items that have an established Chain of Custody despite the fact this list isn't created until 11/26....
I simply cannot find anything that talks about how they get from Q15 to Q74, 75, 76 & 77 for CE594.
There were 59 more "Q bullets = suspect bullets (or pieces)" between Q15 and Q74 if number sequentially...
You ever see these other "Q" items of evidence?
1187281540_TheQhullsandCE594theTippithulls.thumb.jpg.cd74732bff2c5d6abf365f3927f7da33.jpg

David,

Maybe a little OT, but why would the evidence from SA Drain only contain (2) 6.5 cartridge cases from TSBD, when there were supposedly (3)?  Any ideas?  If there were only (2), that means only (2) shots unless I'm missing something here.  Plus, I recall that one of the cases had a dent in it that made it impossible for it to have been fired.  I wonder why that wasn't called out.

Thanks