The Education Forum

Lessons learned from my journey with Dennis

Hi:

When that happiest year of my life ended with those Greatest Energy Shows, the bloom began coming off the rose for me, in several ways. When that member of the audience left behind that artwork, it was going to sum up our experience in Boston. The Boston Globe never mentioned us (they never mentioned Chomsky, either (who I did not hear of until years later), so we were in good company), and only one person from Massachusetts ever got involved with us (he followed us to California several months later and became our machinist). The rest were from New Hampshire or Maine.

The most common reactions to our efforts were fear for our lives or calling us a scam. I heard plenty of, “Do you know what they will do to you?” I was just learning how the heat pump worked, never mind Dennis’s idea of marrying a low-temperature heat engine to his heat pump. We had a second set of Greatest Energy Shows (one of which the head of the DOE in New England attended), and I asked Mr. Mentor to come out and assess what we were doing. Was it a crazy pipe dream? While scientists and engineers began pointing to their textbooks and Carnot, and saying that what we attempted was impossible, Mr. Mentor was not so quick to declare it “impossible,” and eventually came forward with his own idea: marrying the panels of Dennis’s heat pump with his hydraulic heat engine, to make free energy. He always stressed that it would not be free, as you had to pay to build the machine. But that comes much later in this tale, and I will get into physics and thermodynamics later.

In those days, I began to realize that I was risking my life. That is a very sobering realization, and you don’t know how you will react until you are there. I decided that if it was going to cost me my life, it would (and it did, in the end; it has not shortened my life yet, but I have devoted my life to it, as will become more evident), and as the events began coming fast and furiously, it all began to overwhelm me.

On one hand, I was chasing my teenage dream of changing the world’s energy paradigm, on the other, I was being told that I was risking my life. I had stopped that fast 45 days into it, a week after I became Dennis’s partner, when my heart began fibrillating. I did not have a scale in those days, so don’t know how much weight I lost, but I will guess 25 pounds, which put me at maybe less than 140 pounds, less than when I was the skinniest javelin thrower in California. When I began eating again, it was like a lion’s hunger had been awakened. I could afford to eat, too. But as the stresses soon descended on me, I resumed drinking, which was a bad habit forced on me during my days in public accounting. I had a 20-year battle with the bottle, and I was still in my early days of that struggle, and before long that winter, I was buying a six-pack of beer and drinking it at home, a few nights a week.

The magnitude of what we were attempting also began to overwhelm my ego. Dennis saw me as the heir apparent and began grooming me for it, and that winter was spent with him talking to me late into the night, in front of the TV, telling me about every facet of his journey, what we were attempting, etc. He drank wine and I drank beer, and while it was one of the most blessed times of my life, the stress was beginning to mount.

I began to see myself as the American president one day, or dead. Many events happened that winter and spring in Boston, which sobered and educated me. We attracted all sorts of attention, and much of it was surreptitious at first, from New England’s electric companies to various officials, and in those early days we were approached by agents of the people who run the world, although we did not know it at the time.

The Boston events are going to take a long time to tell, and they were just the warmup.

Best,

Wade

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

I overslept and have to rush out the door for another long day in my seven-days-a-week routine right now. What can I say in a few minutes? In the middle of that mayhem in the wake of our first greatest energy shows, I heard from that old girlfriend who threw herself at me, checking up on how her $500 investment was faring. Also, when I gave 10% of my shares to my family and friends, I soon began hearing from people who wanted to “get in” on the action. Because the Boston effort did not take off like a rocket, and Dennis did not tell me that he wanted to start with a million dollars of capital, and not my paltry $25K, when people began to call me, begging me to let them invest in my company, I let them, but doubled the price over what the initial people paid. I also rewarded Mr. Professor’s Merry Christmas gesture with stock, and let my original investors know what happened, and gave them the opportunity to put in a little more so that they were not diluted, and some did. Dennis was ecstatic that I brought in more money, but to that old girlfriend and others, what happened smelled fishy to them, and they used that as a rationale to attack me.

Hollywood and I have had a strange relationship, from going to auditions and acting as a teenager to being a movie junkie as a young adult, to having pals in Hollywood (who told me their tales of woe, of trying to break into the business), to being smeared in LA’s media – I hope that I never see the place again – and my old girlfriend had one of her friends call me, who was the step-daughter of a musician-actor, who was not quite in Sinatra’s class, but close, at about the Tony Bennett level. I recall the conversation kind of painfully, as I kind of knew what it was about and tried to impress her with what we were doing. That didn’t work, and that old girlfriend soon began to call me every two weeks over a two month period, essentially accusing me of being a criminal. I once considered marrying her, and love her to this day, and it was extremely painful to be attacked that way. It was, however, a great learning experience. I was discovering how deluded the masses were, and that not-very-intelligent former girlfriend was really my baptism in learning that dictum of not doing business with your friends and family.

After our last conversation left me in tears, Dennis told me to get rid of her by paying her twice her initial investment. I still wanted her to own those shares, and I would just pay her the money, but Dennis wisely said that I did not need a shareholder campaigning against me. And I am sure that to this day, she sees me as some crook that she got the better of. There is no rationality to stances like hers, and I long ago realized that when people go on the offensive, and do it in an irrational way, as happened very recently, there is no use in trying to shatter their delusions, as they will clutch onto them to their graves. Also, it was a gentle preview for what was ahead for me.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

For the next two years of my life, after I became Dennis’s partner, the events came so fast and furiously that intelligibly putting them all in chronological order will not really be feasible or even desirable. I will string certain events together, as part of my lessons learned, which is what this series of posts is all about. So, events strung over years, sometimes many of them, will follow, as I put this and that piece of information together to assemble the mosaic of my perspective.

Most readers in the general public are the most fascinated with the black hat and white hat aspect of my journey. I’m not. Sure, Godzilla’s minions helped ruin my life, but there really is not a whole lot to learn about them, once you understand the basics of their motivation and how they operate. A spiritual perspective helps attain a comprehensive understanding of the issue, which is partly why materialists get so lost when dealing with this subject matter.

In a world of scarcity, the key to power and control is economics, and since energy is the engine of all real economies, controlling the energy spigot is the key to Godzilla’s global dominance, which we discovered the hard way. But the general public either denies Godzilla’s existence (it is an article of faith among the Left), or obsesses over it (conspiracists on the Right are noted for their often-tabloid-level and paranoid obsession with the machinations of the global elite). Both perspectives are lopsided and fall far short of seeing the larger picture, and what they both have in common is thinking like victims, living in fear. Only a loving perspective (a creator’s) can see the bigger picture and come to a mature awareness, beyond fear and denial or obsession. Once that bigger picture is attained, the various actors can be acknowledged for their part in the human journey, but the fate of humanity is not in the hands of the black hats or white hats. It is how the rest of us act, that 99.999% of humanity, which really matters, but humanity has generally abdicated responsibility for its actions and the world that we have created, all of us, by our collective action. I still seek needles in haystacks, but not people at the black hat or white hat level, and I don’t seek heroes or messiahs.

The people that I seek are likely far more numerous than the black and white hats, who both discovered the power of combined intention, although both camps operate in the shadows. My effort has always operated in broad daylight and always will, and combined positive intention is the key to success for an effort like mine, not what the black hats or white hats do. If I can find and train those 5,000 singers, the Fifth Epoch will be laughably easy to manifest, and it won’t matter what the white or black hats do.

As I have written, Godzilla was certainly aware of Dennis in Seattle, and probably helped intervene, but most of what happened in Seattle was probably just the local electric industry’s protecting its turf, not some global conspiracy. Godzilla only needed to lightly intervene to achieve the desired outcome, as the local gangsters and Dennis’s allies did almost all of the dirty work, gratis.

But in Boston, we experienced what we now know were the first direct contacts that came from both the black and white hats. I think that Dennis received the first of those cryptic phone calls from the white hats in those days. It happened three or four times during my first stint with Dennis, and they were decidedly one-way conversations. I believe that they always happened after business hours, as we worked late into the night quite often. That they called when they did likely means that they knew that Dennis was in his office on those evenings, and they also generally called a line that was not known to the general public. That is just one of many reasons why I believe that we were under constant surveillance in those days, and I have assumed that I have been under constant surveillance since the 1980s, which Dennis thinks is very likely (one watches me, and ten watch Dennis). I will likely not be at liberty to disclose all of the events anytime soon, but let’s just say that it eventually became blatantly clear that the highest councils on Earth watched us very carefully in those days, from both the white hat and black hat sides of the aisle.

Those phone calls in the night amounted to:

Dennis: “Hello.”

Voice on the phone: “Mr. Lee, we have been watching your progress for quite some time. We are very impressed. Keep up the good work.” Click.

Dennis would then sit there, looking at his phone, wondering what the heck just happened. He got one of those about every six months, as I recall. He would tell me of the “conversations” in puzzled tones, immediately after they happened. Those disembodied voices eventually came into the light a little more, after years and years of surviving events that Dennis should have not survived, but I won’t be able to publicly write about them anytime soon, to protect people.

Dennis and Steven Greer are the only two people whom I have heard of that were tagged by the white hats as a potential white knight on a steed, whom they would use to bring forth issues from the shadows, when the time was right. They were likely thought of as expendable pawns, but pawns who had demonstrated their mettle. Our experience was that the so-called white hats that we encountered were more like gray hats – former black hats who are sane enough to not want to live on Mars if Godzilla’s power and control games make Earth uninhabitable. They want another option, but realize that they are in deep and have no easy way to extract themselves and maintain both their perceived power and not get entangled with the dark heart of Godzilla’s organization. So, approaching Greer and Dennis (who had to survive black hat murder attempts to become “contenders”) was part of one of their contingency plans.

Greer came to the free energy issue via the ET situation, and Brian O’s life-shortening adventures remain the best evidence that I know of for how those two issues are conjoined. And just like with Godzilla’s existence, there is a three-ring circus around the situation, with tabloid conspiracism, “skepticism” and denial, and a vast amount of disinformation, purveyed by various parties operating under various agendas, from free-lance opportunists to Godzilla’s minions, most of whom have no idea who really writes their paychecks, but they don’t care, as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Around the same time that Dennis first heard from the white hats, we received what I now know was Godzilla’s first overture. After the first Greatest Energy Shows, we used the office of that family of Dennis’s salesman, who had moved from the office building that they occupied when I first arrived, and were in an industrial park. The office was fairly typical, with a couple of offices in front and a large room behind them, and a warehouse in the back, which comprised most of the rented space. It was only a smaller version of how factories are laid out, with offices in front and the factory in back (I work in such a factory today, which makes high-tech equipment).

Mr. Engineer had a desk in that large room behind the office. Dennis had the front office, I think that there was a middle one that Alison may have had, shared with the salesman, and there were some desks in a reception area. My office was in the back (as controller offices usually are – I have generally had the offices in the back, in my career, while the executives were in front). Just outside my office was Mr. Engineer’s desk, and in that large room was a conference table with some cubicle dividers around parts of it, to try to separate it from the large room a little. They were pretty humble digs, and as I think of it, the most humble office situation of my career. I have had window offices in skyscrapers and in pastoral business parks, but this was a “starter” business environment. But oh, the attention that we received in those days.

Our first Greatest Energy Shows were in February 1987, the second set was in March, and in April, we had a show at the front gates of a troubled nuclear reactor, when things began to get very interesting. The exact day escapes me, but I think that it was in April when our office was visited by a group of pretty non-descript businessmen. I worked in my office, definitely and happily the junior partner in the arrangement with Dennis, and I recall seeing those businessmen file into that big room outside my office. One old man wearing a golf hat was particularly memorable, as he shuffled his way to that conference table. They showed up pretty much out of the blue and wanted to discuss business opportunities, which Dennis was always eager to do.

At that time, Mr. Mentor had yet to get involved, other than being my biggest investor, and what we had going was little more than a gleam in Dennis’s eye. That hole-in-the-wall office was deceiving to the casual observer. We were fresh from the biggest run ever made to bring alternative energy to the American market, with the world’s best heating system, which Dennis put on the customers’ homes for free. The average American was oblivious, but Dennis’s genius was recognized by the few who were capable of understanding, such as the chairman of the board of that household-name finance company and John Spickard. Godzilla also understood, but not as an opportunity, but as a threat to his reign.

After a cursory explanation from Dennis on what we were doing, those non-descript businessmen said:

“That sounds like a great idea, and we would like to buy the rights to it. How about $10 million?”

It was not until about a decade later that I realized that we had just received Godzilla’s friendly buyout offer. That old girlfriend had begun chewing on me by then, and I foolishly told her of the offer. It only inspired greater tirades from her. Getting rich quick off of me was her motivation, when she was not accusing me of being a criminal. As I later realized, she was typical, as those with criminal motivations themselves usually were our most vociferous assailants, as they projected their motivation onto us.

Dennis and I were never motivated to get rich and famous. Oh, it would have been a nice side-effect of making the world a better place (which would have meant that our efforts were successful), but just selling out for the money was never our intention. I now know that if we would have sold out, that they would have simply shelved Dennis’s idea, but more importantly, put the Golden Handcuffs on Dennis, so that he would not be a threat again. I would have become an instant millionaire, quite a change from a few months earlier when I fasted, partly because it was cheaper than eating. It was the second time of five so far when I passed up at least $1 million during my free energy journey, and sometimes far more.

I actually had heard of that kind of entreaty before, back in my LA Days, when a close friend (who I keep in touch with today, as usual) knew somebody who had invented one of those ubiquitous high-MPG carburetors, who received one of those friendly buyout offers. When he balked, he was informed that they were just going to seize his technology (which I am sure was accompanied by dire threats), and that there was nothing that he could do about it. When I was in Seattle, I chatted one evening with Dennis’s bodyguard, as Dennis had a public event at our factory. That bodyguard was a nice guy and very hip. He also could have broken me in half in seconds. He was about six-foot five inches of rippling muscle, a jujutsu black belt, and he had a nine millimeter automatic pistol at his side. But he was, as I stated, hip, and while we chatted, he told me of a friend of his who also invented a vapor-injection carburetor, and got about 200 MPG in a beat-up old station wagon. He knew what Dennis was up against, and I am sure that one of his life’s highlights was being Dennis’s bodyguard.

I am now going to reveal another name. Those who comported themselves dishonorably and even criminally I almost never name, other than people such as Mr. Skeptic, who quietly disappeared from the scene after Dennis was run out of the USA, but I do eventually name some of the good guys of my journey, and the time has come to reveal a name, of my pal who worked for the Justice Department early in his career, when he had to investigate a death threat made by a Detroit automobile company to an inventor of a vapor-injection carburetor. All three Detroit auto companies have been up to their eyeballs in suppressing high-MPG carburetors, in collusion with the oil companies. It is a delusion to think that any of them would ever step out of line, even though Detroit is crumbling today. What happened with Dennis in recent years came the closest that I have heard of to a Detroit automobile company allowing such technology to get on the market, but I think that it was never really going to be a serious threat to happen, and the robber barons got involved when Dennis got the sitting American president’s attention, and the threat was once again averted.

I only name my pal because he has been dead for several years, so my disclosure will not bring him any grief, and our employer has been out of business since 2001. His name was Ronald I. Waugh, and here is his obituary. You can see his presidential courier and insurance executive past. When I was the controller of that trucking company, Ron was our insurance guru at the holding company’s headquarters in Cincinnati. For trucking companies, insurance is a critical issue. My company killed somebody each year, for the first three years that I was there, and a trip-leaser killed a family of five in my last months there. We were always the negligent party, and when the contest is between a truck and a car, the car always loses. I was a corporate officer, and could have gone to prison because of those that we killed (trucking executives have gone to prison over such issues). I made myself look at photos of the accident scenes, and did all that I could to make our trucks safer, from reflective tape to trying to enforce the hours-of-service laws, but it was always a struggle against industry and company inertia, but Ron was an ally.

When I stepped down at my company, wearied after nearly five years as the controller, and had my protégé take over as I transitioned out, Ron visited our office in Columbus one day, and came into my office to say goodbye.

I hide my energy revolutionary past in corporate America, but as I had already stepped down and was on my way out, and Ron came to call on me, I told him just a little about my free energy revolutionary days, probably about a minute’s worth, and Ron said, “Let me tell you one.” He then proceeded to tell me his story of that man with the vapor-injection carburetor.

Ron was a good man, and I have remained friends with nearly everybody whom I closely worked with in my career, and just a few years ago, my CFO at that trucking company contacted me to let me know that Ron had died (I already knew), and he reminisced about what a good guy Ron was.

What Ron saw, with that death threat to that inventor, which culminated in a huge payday, was a key data point for me over the years of piecing together the puzzle. For the people who run the world (or the oil companies, who operate at a lower level), their pockets are so deep when it comes to protecting the energy racket that their strategy is to add a couple of zeroes to their initial offer, before they begin to play rough. Godzilla did it with us, when that friendly buyout offer for $10 million became probably $1 billion a year later, when we were flying high in Ventura and presented a clear and present danger to Godzilla’s hegemony. A decade later, Greer was offered $2 billion to cease his efforts, as I guess that Godzilla adjusted for inflation. :)

Ron was not going to be some whistleblowing hero like Ralph McGehee and others I have known, understandably. He got one hell of an education when he investigated that auto company’s death threat, but he didn’t rock the boat, kept his head down, and helped enlighten me many years later. Only several years after his death did I feel that the coast had cleared enough so that I could reveal Ron’s name and his family would not suffer for it. I did not publicly reveal Sparky Sweet’s name until he had been dead for a decade or so, even though he was a very famous case of free energy and its organized suppression. That is how you have to play this game. Naming names willy-nilly is a good way to get targeted for neutralization or to bring grief into people’s lives who would rather be left alone.

The program of the oil companies’ paying out the Detroit quiet money may be an arm of Godzilla’s, or might be relatively independent, but they play the game similarly. Our experience was that when Godzilla got involved, he used far more subtle, suave, and sophisticated methods than the relatively crude ones that the electric companies used on us in Seattle. When Godzilla messes with you, you usually don’t even know that you have been messed with, as your life was wrecked or prematurely ended. Only when you have survived the more subtle assaults do they come out of the shadows. They know that staying in the shadows is a key to their continued success, and when they do try to kill you, great care is taken to make it appear as something other than premeditated murder. They are very good at what they do, that I will grant them.

It is off to another long day in the office, as I continue to work seven days a week at my day job. I am getting too old for this. :)

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I’ll now come to some of the greatest lessons of my journey. They were highly painful and I still benefit from them today, such as when I withdrew from a forum rather than try to establish/defend my credibility with people who were attacking me, either from deep-seated delusions, malice, or because they were on the payroll. There is nothing that I can do with people like that, other than walk away. When forum trolls do their thing, I avoid them and send them on their way when I can, but when forum moderators/owners start in, it is a lost cause, and then I’ll be on my way.

What Dennis, Brian, and I lived through is so far beyond the daily realities of 99.999% of humanity that denial and attacks are the typical responses from the masses to the realities of our journeys, as they threaten their cherished delusions of how the world works. You can’t learn how the world really works from the cubicle, watching TV or YouTube, surfing the Internet, or gossiping with your social circles.

How can you call somebody a criminal when he put the world’s best heating system on people’s homes for free? It was initially mind-boggling to me that people could do that (often as they tried to steal his company), but I saw it from the day that I met Dennis, and it continues to this day, as people project their egocentric delusions at him. I get caught in the barrage, too, spattered in the mudslinging. It does not matter how much test data that I present, how much physics and thermodynamics, how many schematics, how much witness testimony, from the most credible witnesses who were there – none of it matters, as people surf disinformation and gossip on the Internet (most of it at the tabloid level) and form their opinions, which are merely extensions of their delusions, which are invincible and impervious to facts and reason.

The first person who really began to demonstrate that to me was that ex-girlfriend. In her defense, I later heard that her attacks were coached by another ex-boyfriend, as he could spot criminals from a continent away, with his finely honed sixth sense. And at her deficient level of intelligence, she was sent on the offensive and never backed down. I am sure that to this day, she thinks that she cleverly got the best of Wade the Criminal. When Alison warned Dennis about how naïve I was, that series of incidents with that old girlfriend might have been the best evidence of it. It was not so much my naïveté of how the world worked that was my weakness (although I was plenty naïve on that score, too), but my naiveté of how the people closest to me would react to my journey. Personal integrity is the world’s scarcest commodity, which was the primary lesson of my journey, and I resisted that lesson every step of the way. There is only one cure for naïveté that I know of: experience. Everybody whom I most respect in my circles, who played at the high levels, began their adventures naively, and we all eventually learned, for those of us who survived the experience. Being naïve is no crime, but it must be shed if a person is going to survive walking these paths very far.

I was raised to be a Golden Boy, and like my fellow travelers, I left home as some kind of overgrown Boy Scout. I was as guilty of projecting my motivation onto others as they were of projecting theirs onto me. My fellow travelers all had that in common, too, as we learned that lesson the hard way. My parents knew that I always did the right thing and would never try to hurt anybody. I thought that those near me also knew it. How wrong I was. Those attacks from that old girlfriend were a gentle preview for me. Several years later, when I heard that my mother had made a scrapbook of her employer’s libelous articles about us, as they parroted Mr. Deputy and friends, and took it on tour to my family, friends, and investors, as she campaigned against her son, it no longer even hurt, as I had already been through some of the most extreme depths of those dynamics that a person can experience (and to protect people, I will not publicly discuss the worst incidents of it – they were truly nauseating, and some behavior was criminal). My mother never even asked me for my side of events. If she read it in the newspaper, especially the one that she worked for, it must have been true, even if it was about her Golden Boy son. It was surreal at first.

So, when a forum moderator/owner surfs the disinformation and gossip on the Internet (or receives a disinformation bomb from Mr. Skeptic), and forms his opinion on Dennis and me from it, he is merely the latest in a long line of such people, and I learned long ago that it is completely useless to try to change their perceptions. I have yet to see even one of them change, and they invariably escalate their delusional state to bizarre levels if I continue engaging them, as their egos will not allow them to ever back off, or else they will be overwhelmed with cognitive dissonance and guilt. They will go to their graves justifying their opinions and actions. The arrival of free energy will be the biggest event in the human journey, by far, and can save humanity from the self-destruction that we are well on the way to achieving, and the few people trying to do something about it are relentlessly attacked and lied about, from all sides. How can a person’s conscience ever really face up to attacking the only people trying to right the ship? Maybe somewhere around one in a thousand (million?) can do that.

Also, the most painful attacks that we received came from our “allies,” which you could not have convinced me of in Boston, even with what I had already seen in Seattle. Those were relative strangers who did that in Seattle, but my old girlfriend gave me a preview of the most painful attacks and betrayals that would come from those closest to me.

As an aside, I did not mention it when I revised my section on dropping nuclear weapons on Japanese cities, but a few months before his death, Truman received a visit from an old colleague, Tom Clark, at the hospital. What was going to be a five-minute visit of paying his respects turned into 45 minutes, as Truman would not let Clark go. The “highlight” of the visit was Truman’s defense of dropping atom bombs on Japan (See Gar Alperovitz’s The Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb, chapter 45). Truman went to his grave defending his decision. Truman also did that with total strangers in his life’s last years, bending their ears on why atom bombing Japan was justified. That is what I call a guilty conscience, trying to convince itself that it did the right thing.

What I saw in my post-graduate reality in LA was sobering, and I really began to wake up during the Seattle experience. But, if you had told me that the greatest betrayals and criminal activity that I would experience would come from those closest to me, who had known me many years, even most of their lives, and I bailed them all out at one time or another, even saving their lives, I would have never believed you, and thought that you were crazy…until it began to happen to me.

Those harsh lessons are why I constantly try to dissuade free energy newcomers from proselytizing to their social circles. My best pupils virtually all do it, and then they come back to me months or years later, telling me how they got ostracized by members of their social circles. Sometimes, the attacks were designed to wipe out their social circles altogether. Careers have ended that way. After they have been sobered up by those experiences, I ask if they are ready to begin learning. :) My opinion on every approach that I caution gung-ho free energy newcomers on was formed by bitter experience, either firsthand or by members of my circles, and there really aren’t that many of us. Very few have played at the high levels for long and lived to tell about it. I am not just making this stuff up off the cuff.

I know very well the desire to help enlighten people about the possibilities from where we sit today, on our sled-ride to oblivion. I have been doing it since I was 16, and even today, I encounter people who want to “question” me about my journey, when I can see the light of denial and fear in their eyes, as they focus their delusions onto me. More than once in recent years, I could still feel myself wanting to engage them, to help them see clearly, even when I knew full well where it was heading. Oh, the pain. I knew where it was going, and I still could not help myself. I have even had that happen with people who actually witnessed key events of my journey, as their minds went into overdrive to explain away what they witnessed, to invalidate it, and by extension, me, as a defense mechanism to their flickering consciences and keeping their delusions safe from challenge. It is one reason why I am kind of a social hermit. I can do the senseless social chatter and gossip that people engage in, but it takes work, and I avoid it whenever I can. The general public is almost completely deluded about how the world works, and they won’t be awakened by talk. I seek people who have already been awakened. Then, I have something to work with. Otherwise, it almost invariably leads to disaster.

In Boston, soon after I became Dennis’s partner, his attitude was that The People really cared, but had nothing worth caring about, and we were going to give them something to care about. There are few delusions more noble, but it was a delusion nevertheless, and I subscribed to it, too, until I had it beaten out of me over the next two years. Dennis finally admitted it, too. It is just what it is, and it does no good to judge the reality. Anymore, I only care about what might work, which is why I eventually came to my current approach.

Mr. Mentor is a world-class genius, and when I told him about our approach in early 1987, he replied that the USA was “too fascist” for our approach to succeed. Oh, how I wish I had truly listened! But Mr. Mentor ironically was the reason why our effort ended up in my home town of Ventura a few months later, and I will come to that in future posts. In the end, my “friends” were being highly manipulative of my life’s journey, especially in those days. Can I regret any of it? No. Those years comprised my life’s greatest learning experiences, and without them, I would truly not have much worth saying. You can study warfare for you entire life, but won’t learn as much as you will in ten minutes on battlefield, if you survive the experience.

Off to work.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

In those days in Boston, it worked out much differently than I thought it might. In ways, it was not what I signed up for, but what adventure really is? The seeds of why I am not with Dennis today were planted in Boston, in several ways.

I have been in the business world, being trained or being in it, since 1977, when that voice first spoke to me. I have worked for multibillion-dollar companies, small ones, start-ups, audited many of them, and the like. I have been in board meetings in palatial board rooms, had a window office in several office buildings, worked in several business districts across the USA, worked in more than a dozen industries, including software and high-tech manufacturing (which I am in today), been around geniuses in several fields, and Dennis’s Systems for Savings program, putting the world’s best heating system on people’s homes for free, is still the most brilliant business strategy that I ever saw or heard of. And with the exception of John Spickard and the chairman of the board of a household name finance company, almost nobody ever understood.

What Dennis endured is what I also saw Mr. Mentor endure. Human societies are full of predators, almost always men, and their rapaciousness is really not far removed from how chimps behave. Every time that Dennis’s companies were stolen, the thieves threw away Dennis’s “crazy” marketing plans and went for the quick capitalistic kill, being too greed-blinded and stupid to realize that the gold was in Dennis’s programs, not the technology so much. They were the modern equivalent of those fabled idiots who killed the golden goose, and they all promptly went out of business. When Mr. Mentor had his inventions stolen, the thieves often did not even understand what they stole. One time, the thief built the stolen technology upside down, he had such a poor understanding of what he stole (which was one of Mr. Mentor’s patents). When that thief stole Mr. Mentor’s battery-charging circuit, he stole its design, which had been crudely placed in an application. He could not even distinguish the wheat from the chaff, but presenting all of it earned him the “Electronics Design Man of the Year.”

The adventures of Dennis and Mr. Mentor are great illustrations of that Jonathan Swift quote:

“When a true genius appears in this world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.”

Little did I know it when I met him, but Dennis’s most interesting days in the business world were already behind him. I helped mop up the aftermath of the biggest run ever made to bring alternative energy to the American marketplace, using the most brilliant program that I ever heard of. Dennis never did it again. With the expired tax credit, it was understandable, but I wanted to build great technology for public consumption, help Dennis stack contracts to the ceiling, and find another John Spickard. For various reasons, that is not what happened, and it slowly frustrated me.

Now, almost nobody can survive even one of Dennis’s business adventures with their sanity intact, and that he kept rebuilding after his efforts were destroyed or stolen is nothing short of incredible, but I wanted to build and sell equipment. Also, when I met Dennis, there was none of that Christian rhetoric in his talk, and I am not sure when I discovered that he was a Christian, much less a fanatical one, but it was not very evident in Seattle, where he was a businessman selling amazing equipment with a brilliant marketing plan.

When Dennis played carny barker before our first Greatest Energy Show, it was an incredible performance to witness, but I wondered what would result from it. I was working 70-hour weeks to get the effort off the ground, driving my Pinto all over New England, running errands, hauling equipment with that trailer hitch that I had installed before I left Seattle, including that demo model that the money that I raised had built (which I saw hauled away the next year in the raid, and I never saw it again). I was helping Dennis rebuild, which is what I chased him across the continent to do, but what were we building?

I was never into American nationalism like Dennis was (his first religion, when you get down to it), and I suppose that it shows in my being able to write my American Empire essay. I am the only American free energy activist that I know of who ever got all of red, white, and blue Kool-Aid out of his mouth. Brian drank deeply from that well, too. So, Dennis’s staging our first shows at the Old South facility was another aspect of Dennis’s efforts that I tolerated, but I was not into for myself.

Going back to Dennis’s “the people really care” opinion, I am not sure how much he really understood that if people really cared, then there was no need to try to attract them to the banners of nationalism, religion, or capitalism, which are, at their root, self-serving in-group ideologies. Playing to pre-sentient in-group proclivities is not the path to sentience and a healed planet, as far as I can see, although I could not articulate my puzzlement and discomfort at the time.

American nationalism, Christianity, and capitalism are the three primary population management ideologies in the USA (with materialism and its variants being the fourth one, primary used on the “smart”). Because Dennis had his mystical awakening with his shotgun in his mouth, he would never buy materialism, either, but he supped deeply at the trough of American nationalism, capitalism, and Christianity over his lifetime. He eventually saw through nationalism and capitalism, but will likely never see through Christianity. Three out of four is not bad, but not quite all the way, and Dennis later joined the Patriot Movement, playing the nationalism card once more, while I was learning about the history that I was not taught in school.

So, our paths really began to diverge in Boston, although it would not be evident until much later, in Ventura. It would take many years, long after I was radicalized by my days with Dennis, before I could really articulate what my issues were with Dennis’s approach, and why I doubt that it will work. Indiana Jones can’t save the world by himself, and I strongly doubt that humanity is going to be enticed and baited into saving itself, playing to people’s self-interest.

There were other reasons why the bloom began to come off the rose for me in Boston. Dennis used me to contact the Seattle gang, such as Mr. Inventor and Mr. Installer. I eventually realized that almost none of the “loyalists” had the right stuff, especially Mr. Inventor and Mr. Installer. Mr. Installer immediately went to work for the people who stole Dennis’s Seattle company, as he was loyal to his paycheck above all else. But that he was helping Dennis’s customers in Seattle was very forgivable on my part, although I know that that was not Mr. Installer’s motivation. But the primary reason why he joined up with Mr. Inventor’s extortion plan and happily testified at Dennis’s preliminary hearing in Ventura was because Dennis made me deliver a threat to him when he backed out on us in Boston, although he really did not commit to us, either.

Alison blew him out of the water one day, when I was in the middle of trying to reel him in for another week of working for us (at the lucrative $1,000 per week). Alison was Dennis’s dragon lady, and was the wrong person to get involved in sales, promotion, and trying to reel people in, and after she blew Mr. Installer out of the water, Dennis had me deliver the threat that if he abandoned us then, that Dennis would make sure that he never worked in the industry again (a threat made good, as without Dennis, there was never an industry to begin with). Oh, I hated that, and after I delivered that threat, I let Dennis know that I would never deliver another again, and I never did. Dennis got his hands dirty at times and did things that I would never do, and that was also partly why I am not with him anymore. Dennis is human with his failings, and some of his rough-and-tumble ways I understood, as far as why he did them. It did not excuse them, but I understood them. He has by far the cleanest hands that I ever saw in those entrepreneurial waters, but they got a little dirty at times.

Mr. Installer has been an HVAC man ever since, but never got involved with the heat pump again after the Ventura days, after he went to work for Mr. Texas when he stole Dennis’s company. He would work for whoever could pay him.

It is time to begin another crazily busy week.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi Freeknowledge:

Well, it has only taken 30 years for somebody to again try what Dennis did. Before long, I am going to do a series of physics and economics posts on what we were doing in our FE attempt, a lot deeper than I have so far in this series of posts. One thing that I want to make clear is that the threat that Dennis always presented to TPTB, up to and including Godzilla, really had nothing to do with the energy technologies that he was involved with. Dennis sought societal transformation, and his technologies and businesses were just a means to it. That is what almost nobody understands, or seems to want to, as they fixate on technology and making money. That is largely why the FE field is the state of arrested development that it is.

But not even Dennis understands the true Epochal nature of FE. It took me nearly 30 years to understand myself. When Dennis had his companies stolen by his partners and business associates on the East Coast, they were merely greed-blinded idiots. Dennis’s United Community Services gave a very good preview of what Dennis was trying to do.

When Dennis got going in Seattle, he really began to stir things up, and an entire industry pulled all the stops to wipe him out, and then his greed-blinded idiot buddies stole what was left. But when it was just local industries protecting their turf, with the usual greed infecting his business associates, Godzilla did not need to intervene, or really pay all that much attention. But when Dennis began to play the FE game in Boston, then he began to get Godzilla’s undivided attention, and it really had little or nothing to do with rigging up Dennis’s heat pump with that low-temperature turbine, or with what Mr. Mentor later proposed, or Victor Fischer.

There was plenty of technology out there to do FE. Godzilla developed it to a commercial level probably before I was born. In Ventura, Sparky Sweet lived just down the road from us. FE inventors are a dime a dozen, but there has not been anybody in the FE field like Dennis, not remotely, and that is why Dennis got the attention that he did, and people parrot the disinformation to this day.

Time for another crazy day at work.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

This is my first day off of work in three weeks (I just finished a 70-hour week), and it will be a busy day. This will be a relatively short post, to start off my day. I am going to cut to the chase a little and leap to the end for a moment.

This series of posts is about what I learned from my journey, especially during my years with Dennis, but I will also cover other aspects of my journey, such as carrying Brian’s spears. I certainly learned what won’t work, and I think that I know why.

Epochal change in of itself is a big deal, as big as it gets for the human journey, and the Fifth Epoch will dwarf all that came before it, and humanity may finally become a truly sentient species. Nobody has ever consciously made an Epochal Event happen before. Heck, no Epochal Event was even imagined before it happened. What I am trying to help manifest has never been done before, and my approach, for better or worse, is unique, which is why I am doing it. It is worth trying out, and is like what Bucky Fuller would probably be trying if he was alive today.

As I witnessed our efforts get defeated over and over, with the greatest damage being inflicted by our “allies,” not Godzilla and friends, I came to realize that the people that Dennis attracted did not have the right stuff for the task at hand, and Dennis himself really did not understand the magnitude of what he was chasing. People attracted to the bait of self-interest were more harm than good for efforts like ours, and Dennis played to the three most prominent population management ideologies in the USA, which at their root are based in scarcity and fear. All of them are egocentrically based, as people just join new in-groups, and the out-group can be damned. Christians have the bait of heaven and the fear of hell guiding their actions. Dennis will never relinquish his fervent Christian faith, and he prays for Mr. Professor’s and my souls, non-Christian heathens that we were/are, even though we passed the integrity tests like nobody else ever involved with Dennis did. How can a person believe in an ideology like that? Mr. Professor is doing fine, and I am not going to end up in hell or oblivion.

Those kinds of ideological approaches really limit the effort, and their appeal to egocentrism is the biggest strike against them. I slowly realized that any effort with a prayer had to go far deeper and aspire to be soul-centric, not egocentric. People could not be in it for personal gain (business opportunities, riches and fame, fulfilling social needs, etc.), they had to shed their ideological baggage, all of it, and they had to develop a comprehensive perspective, which necessitates scientific literacy, among other traits. I am well aware that I seek very rare people, and since impatience is my Achilles heel, this is a great opportunity to work on it every day. :)

Time to start my busy day.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

A recent post gave me the occasion to read NDE accounts on a site that my site links to. I began with reading this one (and was charmed by the “don’t try this at home” editorial disclaimer on it), and read several other recent ones. So much of the Internet is rubbish, as anybody can have a platform, but what a wonderful public service that site provides, to give NDE experiencers a way to share their experiences, and give the public easy access to them.

As is evident, while the posts in this series are generally in chronological order, they bounce around a bit, and this one will backtrack again. Mr. Skeptic played that empty game, and I still see people playing it, of attributing anything positive stated about Dennis and his efforts, from those closest to him, such as his business partners, as due to us being under Dennis’s malevolent “spell.” What utter garbage, but it is a tabloid-level “criticism” that has been leveled at people like me for many years, and is a highly irrational stance. I am no Christian, I consider Christianity to be the cult of Jesus (I doubt that he would have wanted to see that cult form), but like Dennis and others, I too had a voice in my head at critical junctures of my life, but unlike those others, for two of the three times, I asked for it. It is just what happened, and not reporting the facts, because they blow people’s stunted worldviews out of the water, is not my game. I don’t seek to reach people in their comfort zones, giving them pabulum that they can digest. My work is anything but that. We can’t get to the truth by catering to people’s beliefs and delusions.

I carried Dennis’s spears for years, as I carried Brian’s, but it had everything to do with my sense of their personal integrity and our shared goals, not being under their “spell.” What bilge, but armchair critics easily heave such potshots our way. It is inane to think that John Spickard would have written his statement, several years after the events, because he was still under Dennis’s “spell.” John lost everything that he spent a lifetime building because he got involved with Dennis, and he was the most credible and reliable witness of the Seattle events, just as Mr. Professor and I were the most credible and reliable witnesses of the Ventura events. We did not just write statements; we testified on the witness stand more than once, and doing so was the turning point of my life.

That was a preamble to a little vignette about Dennis and John. John’s company had already lent Dennis’s $1 million or so when the electric companies began pulling all the stops to wipe out Dennis’s company, and Bill’s visit to John, along with other pressure, did have its intended effect. When Dennis was trying to survive the deathblows raining down on his company, as he raced to get those systems installed by the end of 1985, when the tax credit expired, John had his moment of truth with Dennis. His company was contractually obligated to lend another $1 million to get those systems installed, and he balked. If he did not come through with the promised money, Dennis’s company would be dead in the water. John called Dennis, telling him that his finance company, Selectors, was going to back out on its commitment. Dennis told John that he was legally obligated to provide funding, and that, furthermore, once Dennis got the money, he actually could have purchased his own stock in the company, at a deep discount, and flown to South America with the $1 million, and that John could carry Dennis’s bags to the plane.

John replied that he would pursue Dennis to the ends of Earth if he did that, legal or not, and Dennis said, “John, what’s it going to be? Does our company get the money or not?” John gave it to Dennis’s company, and Dennis naturally spent it all getting those systems built and installed. John thus had his moment of truth with Dennis, and saw how Dennis performed under incredible duress. That was why he wrote that statement, not because he was somehow under Dennis’s “spell,” and I witnessed Dennis perform under an order of magnitude or more greater stress in Ventura and afterward. Only supremely ignorant critics (or patently dishonest ones, such as Mr. Skeptic) can allege that the immense respect that John, Mr. Professor, and I had for Dennis was because we were under his “spell,” but I receive such mindless criticisms to this day.

Time to begin another busy day.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I am coming to the physics, technology, and economics posts, but a little more on the Boston days before it started to get “interesting.” When Dennis wore his white tuxedo for his first Greatest Energy Shows, the underwear he was wearing was falling apart. He had gone form a net worth of $50 million to zero in less than a year, from the onslaught of Seattle’s power structure. Our primary transportation for the shows was my 1973 Pinto wagon, and I was looking skinny, as I had just fasted for 45 days, largely because it was cheaper than eating. Soon after our first series of shows, things began happening, including the friendly buyout offer from Godzilla, Dennis’s first White Hat contacts, Jackie Gleason watching our tapes, for reasons that I did not discover until a quarter-century later, a Kennedy scion who just began his political career calling our office to personally tell Dennis that he thought that Dennis was an “a**hole, and my old girlfriend soon began to attack me.

During that spring of 1987, I visited a friend of the family whom I knew since I was four, when my father began his career in Ventura County. He was literally a rocket scientist and mathematician. He lived in Cambridge, close to where I lived in Winchester, and I spent the afternoon with him. During our conversation, he told me that the people on the East Coast had a very different relationship to the police than people on the West Coast did. He said that West Coast cops were seen as societal guardians, making sure that all was well and everybody was safe, while on the East Coast, people were afraid of the police, seeing them more as societal predators, not guardians. I vividly remember my reaction. What he said seemed so strange to me that I really could not digest it. I had this very puzzled look on my face, trying to understand what he said. The people on the East Coast were afraid of the police? Why? The only interactions that I ever had with police were some traffic tickets in LA and Washington (noted for its speed traps, as there is no state income tax), and getting a ride from one after we fixed a cop’s tire when I was a teenager, as we walked home after our car stalled, riding with Mr. Inventor in a police car, as we saw what was left that Dick Southwick and friends had left behind, and a few other innocuous incidents. The idea that the police were enemies of the people was beyond my universe of the possible that spring. It would soon change. :)

I’ll never saw that family friend again and won’t (but visited with his ex-wife and sons on my 9,000 mile Bucket List road trip in 2013 – I tried to see him, but the stars did not align), but if I saw him, I would remind him of that conversation, which was my first inkling of police corruption, and tell him that it turned out that we suffered more from police corruption on the West Coast than on the East Coast.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

This will be a series of physics, thermodynamics, technology, and economics posts about what we were involved with, in a way that I have not done before. As I have stated plenty, scientific literacy is a choir requirement, but no more than is needed to digest my big essay and have productive discussions of the material. It is merely part of developing a comprehensive perspective.

When that voice in my head first spoke up, my studies changed from science to business. Until that moment, I had been raised to be a scientist. I still had my teenage dream of changing the energy industry, but my “friends” sent me on a long, strange journey to get there. All I can say is, “Be careful what you wish for!” :)

When I chased Dennis out to Boston, I did not even know how his heat pump worked. Before long, Dennis said that I was about the best that he had seen on explaining how his heat pump worked, but it was not until after the catastrophe in Ventura, when I began hitting the books, that I began to understand the science and technology of what we were doing all that well. I spent a few months in the winter of 1990-1991 studying thermodynamics, Mr. Mentor’s and Victor Fischer’s patents, and coming to understand why Dennis’s heat pump was the world’s best heating system. I slowly developed a much deeper understanding of the scientific and technical issues, and I am still learning them to this day.

I know people one heck of a lot smarter than me, and while learning this stuff takes some mental horsepower, I found that the desire to learn is always the most important attribute, by far, not innate talent, which is why I think that most people who really put their minds to it can come to a sufficient understanding of the issues, in order to develop that required comprehensive perspective for my approach to have a chance of working. Few will achieve as comprehensive a perspective as Mr. Mentor’s, for instance, but what they attain will be sufficient to understand the basics, and have no doubt, the basics are what are most important. Most of the disasters that I have witnessed people careen into have been because they disregarded the basics, basics that they understood by age five. The basics never change.

After many years of studying the energy issue, from many sides, I think that the best way to describe energy is motion. A good riposte to that statement might be “Motion of what?” The best scientists happily admit that they don’t know. So, this discussion is best begun by acknowledging that we barely know anything, which, again, the best scientists gleefully admitted. However, scientific literacy is not about knowing all the answers, but learning how to ask the questions, to understand the process of today’s science, and become capable of understanding the answers, at least well enough to converse about them and ask more questions, which is what science is all about. :)

With what I know exists in the Above Top Secret world, today’s physics textbooks will become doorstops if those technologies ever make into public awareness, but that does not mean that today’s science is useless nattering. I have great respect for the scientific process, however distorted that today’s political-economic influences have made it, and the scientific ideal is like the ideal of free markets, a free press, an objective history, a democratic society, and those other worthy ideals that have yet to be seen in the real world. But what lifetimes of scientists have learned over the centuries provided the heart of today’s corpus of human knowledge. To be scientifically illiterate is to have no idea of how our world really works, and is to the industrial epoch like illiteracy was to the agrarian epoch: a recipe for living in ignorance, doomed to living at the bottom of the economic system. That was why slaves were kept illiterate, or that the only book that African-American slaves were allowed to read, The Bible, justified slavery.

I will have some time over the next several weeks, and we will see how many posts this takes. It will be more than a few.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I will try to not refer too much to my big essay, but it is intended to make the energy issue very clear, including its role in the human journey. The physical universe is solely comprised of energy. The only two things that we know exist are energy and consciousness. Matter is simply slowed down energy. Those elementary particles, in the right conditions, combine to form atoms. Planet Earth is almost solely comprised of atoms (while the Sun is mostly made from nuclei and plasma, and in the cooler regions near the surface, atoms can form) and how the electrons of atoms interact is a key to how Earth works, including those chemical reactions known as life. The journey of life on Earth is an energy journey, first and foremost, and Earth’s life has been on a journey of increasing energetic sophistication, and the apotheosis reached so far has been the human animal.

In photosynthesis, the chlorophyll molecule captures passing photons in order to boost an electron’s energy enough so that it can be stripped off of an atom and used. Most life on Earth (and all complex life) uses that captured photon energy to live, including humans. Bacteria use ATP-powered flagella to move, and muscles operate under the same principle, turning chemical energy (the energy locked up in electron movement) into mechanical energy. After millions of years of making increasingly sophisticated tools, humans began building machines, which merely replaced muscles and other organism parts with human-made ones. The earliest contraptions captured wind energy (later, water energy), or applied muscle energy to tools (including the muscles of domestic animals), to produce new technologies, such as the wheel.

Slavery did not make economic sense until people became sedentary, and when machines began replacing people, slavery no longer made economic sense, and it ended, although forms of forced servitude still exist, even if it is the relatively benign form of coercion known as taxation.

The human journey has been a series of events in which humans reached the technical sophistication and social organization required to tap into a new energy source, and those energy practices formed the foundation of the next Epoch, and each Epoch’s energy-use levels defined the Epoch.

Tapping the energy of fossil fuels, which are all made of the energy captured by ancient photosynthesis, led to the Industrial Revolution, which is humanity’s most prosperous Epoch, by far. England led the way, and was soon surpassed by its descendent, the USA, which is history’s richest and most powerful nation. But only a generation after achieving global hegemony, the USA began to run out of fossil fuel energy. The recent fracking and tar sands booms in North America are merely scraping the dregs. It is simply another energy resource depletion dynamic, no different in kind from how agrarian civilizations declined and collapsed when they ran out of food and wood, as their energy practices were not sustainable, either. The human journey has been one of plundering one energy resource to exhaustion, then moving on to the next one, plundering it to exhaustion, etc. It began with the megafauna and continues to this day, with fossil fuel depletion.

The energy crisis that began the USA’s long decline is what set Dennis, Brian, and I onto our free energy paths, although none of us began our journeys thinking about free energy, which was beyond our wildest imaginations when we started, but we all came to learn that free energy technology is probably older than we are.

This sub-series of posts, before I resume my journey with Dennis, will be about the physics, thermodynamics, and economics of the technologies that we pursued.

Best,

Wade

Hi:

I had too much going on yesterday to make a post. On to a little physics and thermodynamics. Bodies of water are energetically far easier to cross than land, which is why virtually all preindustrial cities were situated on or near bodies of water. The founder group that left Africa likely used some of the first boats ever made, and Australia was only reachable by boat. But it was another 40,000 years before the first non-muscle power was used, by sailboats, in the first civilization. It took several thousand more years before waterpower was harnessed, by the ancient Greeks, but it did really not take off for another millennium, when Europeans began putting watermills on every river and stream. A few centuries later, Europeans achieved the technical feat of turning the global ocean into one big low-energy transportation lane, and thereby conquered Earth. Wind power and water power are provided by the Sun’s direct energy. When people learned to control fire, they were using energy that had been captured in the lifetime of the plants burned. To this day, human civilizations primarily run on controlled fire. Only the fuel changed.

The motive power of fire was again first used by the Greeks, but as more of a toy. It took nearly a couple more millennia before anybody put the motive power of fire to practical use, when Newcomen built the first commercial stream engine. Steam engines were not really feasible in wood-burning societies, and it was no accident that coal was first commercially used to smelt metal at almost the exact same time that it was used to power the first commercial steam engine. Those twin events marked the beginning of the industrial epoch that we are still in.

Steam engines were in use for more than a century before the science began to develop to explain how they ran and what their energetic limits were. I have heard physicists wonder if thermodynamics owed more to the steam engine than the other way around. Carnot’s work began to set theoretical limits on steam engine efficiency, which means how much of the energy released by fire was transferred into mechanical energy, and Carnot’s famous equation was formed. When I chased Dennis to Boston, I not only had no idea how his heat pump worked, but I had never heard of Carnot or Tesla.

The Newcomen heat engine had a thermal efficiency of about 1%, which meant that 99% of the fire energy was not translated into work, but was lost as heat. The Watt heat engine was about four times as efficient, or got about a 5% efficiency. Today’s most efficient “one pass” steam engines get about a 40% thermal efficiency, and using the energy for two passes in a “cascading” system has gotten up to 50% efficiency or so.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

Back in 1990, when I began to hit the books and studied patents and thermodynamics, I really wanted to know, on a fundamental level, what temperature, pressure, entropy, and other concepts really were. I wanted to understand them at the molecular level, and my studies eventually took me to the atomic and subatomic levels. It was not easy to get an explanation that did not immediately devolve into math, often calculus and the like. I often found such “explanations” to be wanting. I eventually discovered the disquiet that Einstein and Schroedinger had with quantum mechanics and the Copenhagen interpretation, which focused on math and accurate predictions, but avoided grappling with what was really happening. Einstein tried to work without math whenever possible, and said that the more elegant and impressive the math presented to illustrate a theory, the less likely the theory depicted reality. :)

I have genius-level math ability myself, and have known world-class math geniuses, but I found that math was a great way to make science arcane and obscure, turning it into some kind of priesthood. I crunch numbers for a living, and am keenly aware of their limitations. For all of Stephen Hawking’s irrationalities (such as his confusing materialism with science, as one is a philosophy/religion, while the other is a process, and Hawking somewhat crazily stated that science had supplanted philosophy, when his positions were often philosophical and not scientific), I have to give him points for trying to write to the lay public without presenting streams of equations (such as in his A Brief History of Time).

It took me many years to really understand temperature, as I wondered what it really was. The zeroth law of thermodynamics kind of backed into the definition of it. It was not until I began to think of matter, energy, and temperature at the sub-atomic level that I finally began to really understand temperature. What makes something hot? An electron is a wave that becomes a “particle” when “observed,” according to quantum theory, which has been breaking brains since it was invented, and Einstein ironically began the parade when he explained the photoelectric effect, which nominally won him his Nobel Prize. When thought of that way, temperature does not seem to be some kind of intrinsic property of “matter,” such as color or mass, as matter is only a convenient term for an energy state.

I have seen many definitions of temperature called “hotness,” but what did that really mean? We can feel “hotness,” but what are we feeling? Electrons don’t change at all when matter gets “hotter.” Hotness is simply a measure of the speed that atoms move. The faster that an atom moves, the greater its momentum (a product of mass and velocity), and the greater the energy that the photons it throws off will have (which means that the wavelengths decrease), and if matter gets hot enough, the photons will be in the visible spectrum for humans, and we will see the matter glow (AKA “red hot” and “white hot”). But the matter itself is just moving faster. If you isolated a “cold” and “hot” atom and compared them, the hot atom looked the same, other than the electron “orbiting” farther away from the nucleus, and the atom moving faster, and the “hot” atom throwing off more energetic (lower wavelength) photons as it “cooled” off.

Temperature is essentially an instrumental measure of atomic movement. Pressure is measured when that movement encounters a barrier, such as the inside of a cylinder in an automobile engine. It was then easy to understand why temperature and pressure always had a direct relationship, and why the gas laws that I learned in chemistry classes (1, 2, 3) worked like they did.

After many years, I came to understand that energy is probably best seen as motion, whether it is the motion of an electron, photon, or atom. And like mass, photons, electrons, energy, and gravity, the best scientists say that we really don’t know what any of them ultimately are. So, at the bedrock of our reality, the best scientists all admit that our reality becomes slippery and kind of disappears when we look closely, which are brain-breaking ideas. The best scientific minds fully admit how bizarre and nonsensical quantum physics is, even though it is still one of the two pillars of today’s white science, along with relativity theory. Einstein pursued the elusive unified field for many years, and went to his grave unsatisfied with the state of physics, realizing how far physics was from figuring out our reality, with its hallowed “laws” being little more than educated guesses. The physics classed generally skipped over that part.

If Einstein had witnessed what my friend saw, he might have junked the entire corpus of physics. What is known today in the Black Science world relegates today’s mainstream physics into some kind of kindergarten primer. Try to engage a mainstream scientist on those issues and watch the fear, denial, irrationality, and attacks spring forth. It got so bad, after several years of playing the Paul Revere of Free Energy, that Brian O began openly wondering if humanity was a sentient species. I sadly understood his query.

I am going to have time for writing over the next several weeks, but plan to really get cracking on the big essay update. We’ll see how well I juggle that with making posts.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I am between chores, and am going to make a current event post, which is also appropriate for this series of science posts. As I have written plenty, to be scientifically illiterate in the Industrial Epoch is like being illiterate in the Agrarian Epoch: it is a recipe for ignorance. Being scientifically literate has nothing to do with believing that establishment science is some kind of ultimate authority, any more than being literate means believing that the Bible is the one and only Word of God.

For the past few years, when I go grocery shopping, I often pick up a Scientific American magazine, sometimes the current issue, but I often buy special issues, and the issues can be very informative, with scientists on the leading edge of their disciplines writing articles for the lay audience and scientists outside of their field of specialty. The level of scientific literacy needed for my effort is really not much more than being able to read and understand an issue of Scientific American. As organized religion was the overriding ideology of the Agrarian Epoch, materialism is the overriding ideology of the Industrial Epoch, and each issue of Scientific American ends with a materialistic sermon from materialist and “skeptic” Michael Shermer. Like Mr. Skeptic, Shermer was once a Christian zealot, and he seems to be unaware that he only traded religions when he became a “skeptic,” and his article in the issue that I bought this morning, on the future, was classic Shermer, as he reviewed a book of fellow arch-materialist Sean Carroll, a couple of LA residents who rail against anything non-materialist, under the façade of science. They give science a bad name when they do that.

What I have always found strange is that such people think that they are being rational and fair minded when they launch into their flights of “logic” and “investigation.” To name just one of many pieces of evidence that fly in the face of their materialism, Ganzfeld experiments have been performed thousands of times under rigorous conditions, and the chance result is a 25% success rate, while the thousands of experiments usually come in at a success rate of about a third, which is trillions of times greater than chance. But the data calls into question the materialistic theories of consciousness, so the “skeptics” act like the data does not exist or they sic attack dogs like James Randi onto the experimenters, or they concoct numerous and increasingly desperate ad hoc “explanations” of the data, to explain it away. It is really scandalous behavior, not to mention irrational, but they just can’t seem to see it, blinded by their faith.

Back to chores.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

To go back to temperature, it is simply the motion of atoms and molecules. When a stove is hot and you touch it, what happens? The stovetop’s atoms are in vigorous motion, and when you touch the hot stovetop, those atoms collide with your finger, translating their energy of motion to the atoms in your finger. Your finger heats up, and the stovetop cools down. That energy of collision, if great enough, tears apart the bonds between atoms in your finger, damaging the molecules, and you get what is known as a burn. It is simply the energy of atomic collisions, transferred to your flesh from the stove. When you approach a hot stove, you have developed senses that can detect the hot photons that it gives off. You cannot only see photons in the visible spectrum (red hot), but you have a tactile ability to sense them. That sense was developed because of the benefits it conferred. The first vertebrates that made it onto land likely basked in the sunlight, absorbing the Sun’s energy. Too much photon energy is like touching that hot stove: it damages the bonds between atoms. But the right level of them energizes the atoms to the degree that the chemical reactions that power biology are easier to attain.

The relatively weak hydrogen bonds in DNA are easily damaged by the high-energy photons of ultraviolet light, which is how we get sunburn. Humans have melanin to limit that damage, but when they migrated beyond their natural range in the tropics, some developed lighter skin, as some ultraviolet light is needed to synthesize vitamin D.

Related to the concept of temperature is entropy, which is another concept that can be slippery and controversial. In the end, entropy is about molecular disorder, and is a key concept in thermodynamics. When any kind of work is performed, it is done by ordered molecules transferring their energy to other molecules. What does not get transferred into work is “wasted” in entropy. The human idea of work is really derivative of the physics definition of it. Work is moving things around, and in the USA, machines perform more than 99.9% of all work performed. That is why the USA has long had the world’s highest standard of living, with all of those energy-powered machines doing our bidding, which most Americans not only take for granted, they barely understand how any of it works, in their scientific illiteracy.

If you cook food over a campfire, a tiny fraction of the energy released by the campfire is absorbed by the food, breaking its molecular bonds and making it easier to digest. There are other benefits to that campfire, including providing heat and light to those around it, and protection from predators, which evolved to be wary of fire, for good reason. Humans had to overcome their instinctual fear of fire in order to learn to control it. Darwin called it humanity’s greatest achievement, along with the mastery of language. Those two feats, more than any other, led to the rise of humanity, as behaviorally modern humans easily conquered Earth after leaving Africa.

Using the energy released by fire to do work was first demonstrated by those inventive Greeks, but was not put into practical use until Newcomen, and only 1% of the heat released by burning coal was converted into work. Deforested England could have never industrialized with wood, nor could anyplace else on Earth. The USA completely deforested New England by the American Revolution, which was about when England’s Industrial Revolution really began to take off, and the USA’s East Coast began importing coal after the American Revolution from England, and history’s most spectacular deforestation is what Europeans/Americans did to North America’s Eastern Woodlands.

Of that coal energy liberated to run Newcomen’s engine, the rest went to entropy, or put another way, heating up the environment. A couple of generations later, Watt’s engine improved the efficiency of Newcomen’s steam engine by several times, and became the engine of the Industrial Revolution. But it was still another few generations before steam power overtook wind and water power, the science of energy was only beginning to be developed when that happened, and Carnot was the first on the scene. But as is typical with such developments, it was generations before his work was recognized for its importance, long after he was dead. If the credit was not outright stolen from the pioneer, with the pioneer’s contributions largely unknown to this day, relatively few pioneers of science and technology were recognized for their contributions while still alive. That is the lonely path of the pioneer, and it can be a deadly pursuit in areas where the pioneers run afoul of the medical and energy rackets, for instance.

My intermediate accounting classes were harder than my calculus classes, and I took the calculus classes that scientists and engineers take, not the relatively easy calculus classes that business majors take. As I have taken career breaks and gone up and down the management chain in my career, there have been times when I had to get deep into the numbers and problem-solve them, which I am doing again today. I can still do it, performing at a high level, and it takes all that I have today, for my body to withstand 12-hour days, juggling twenty tasks at once (although I now need brief naps during the day, to rest my brain). I admit that I was kind of surprised that I could still do it, and arguably better than I could when I was younger (a slowing CPU has been compensated by filling that hard drive with the data of experience, and memory to draw on), but to a degree, if you don’t use it, you lose it, and I have not had to crank out a calculus problem since I was a teenager.

When I began to study thermodynamics in 1990, the first textbook that I came upon started in with the calculus on page two. I decided that I needed something more conceptual and less math driven, and found a “thermodynamics for poets” textbook, and like I can still see pages from my intermediate accounting textbook in my mind’s eye, I can still see pages of that textbook. I was reading what is today called popularized science, in which the material is written for either laypeople or scientists reading outside of their field of specialty. Einstein avidly read such popularized science works as a boy, and most of the works that I use in the references to my big essay, for instance, are popularized science, or if they are scientific papers, they are often those published in Nature or Science, and their publishing philosophy is to publish papers that are intelligible to a general science readership and refrain from getting too much into technical jargon and minutia.

Technical jargon and minutia certainly have their place, as specialists do their work. In my life as an accountant, if I presented a transcript of the technical conversations that I have with accounting gurus, it would be largely unintelligible to the lay public. That is just the nature of specialization. But specialization has also become a way to make disciplines into arcane priesthoods, and they often do not serve the public’s interest so much as their own. I have seen in it in my profession, in spades, and it richly extends to science and technology, too. It is naïve to think otherwise, but Fuller noted the naïveté of most scientists regarding the real-world impacts on their disciplines. Believing that scientists are free to pursue the truth, wherever it leads them, is as naïve as thinking that there is a free press, free markets, truly democratic governments, objective histories, and those other ideals, which may look good on paper but do not exist in the real world. Free markets are as plentiful as unicorns, and so is a science that operates free of the distortions of vested interests and human foibles.

The technologies that my pal witnessed blow the corpus of today’s mainstream physics out of the water, but almost no scientists are going to possess the integrity to admit it, just like with nearly all people. Go try to bring disruptive energy technology to market, or become an astronaut and host a UFO conference, and you will enter a reality that almost nobody on Earth can believe even exists. But those are the realities that my fellow travelers and I stumbled into, which were life-risking and life-wrecking, and I had enough of that for one lifetime.

Time to start a busy day.

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier