The Education Forum

Ferrie and Oswald

Shanet Clark Posted Today, 07:44 AM

James

Which one is David Ferrie? I've only seen the bizarre photos of him with the painted eyebrows and men in drag, etc...but these guys look normal....

Shanet

Shanet: Ferrie is next to the Captain, the second man from the left. Ferrie is the man in the white T-shirt, disturbingly close to the boy bent over to light a fire....

Edited by Antti Hynonen

Disturbingly close yes. :o

James, I have recently seen a documentary about two guys who were in that CAP unit. They confiremd they were with Lee and Ferri in that unit. I think it may have been one of the last ones of Nigel Turner (the ones that were pulled from the history channel). One of those guys said he was in that picture. I forgot their names now. One of these names sounded real german. But I will do some digging again.

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Wim,

Were the names Tony Atzenhoffer and Colin Hammer? I believe these guys helped to identify both Ferrie and Oswald and like you say, one of them may have been in the photo.

Details are sketchy to say the least. I would really like to know who the guy is next to Oswald with his hand to his helmet.

James

Tony Atzenhoffer sounds right.

Colin Hammer does not ring a bell,he maybe the other guy? Did you see the program I meant? (Wim Dankbaar)

Wim,

I did see a program related to this but I don't think it was one of Nigel Turner's. I may be wrong. I seem to remember that the whole documentary or whatever it was dealt solely with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Maybe another forum member can help out here as my memory seems to be getting worse. :D

James

The young man next to Oswald kinda resembles a young Seymour.... (Ryan Crowe)

Funny you should mention that, Ryan. That was the reason I was asking about this guy. I haven't fully got my head around the implications of it but there is a striking similarity.

The CAP image was snapped in 1955 which would make Seymour about 18 years old. There are a few mysterious characters in assassination folk lore and Seymour is one of them.

Why has his HSCA testimony never been released? Why did FBI traces on him turn up nothing? Why does he have 2 possible birthdates a few months apart? There is also a 'soft file' on Seymour and the only other people I am aware of who had these were Lee Oswald and Sylvia Duran.

I have in the past speculated that the guy next to Ferrie in the helmet with the Captain bars looks like Dennis Harber. A homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) with strong ties to William Seymour and Bernardo De Torres in the summer of 1963.

Anyway, comparison below. There would be eight years between the images used.

The larger image shows Seymour, Harber, Rudolfo Fasco and Bernardo De Torres.

Maybe someone can identify all the individuals in the CAP photo and I can forget about this. Then again ....

James

Edited by James Richards