The Education Forum

Judyth Baker writes about Wim Dankbaar's film

Tommy - you queried "is nothing Judyth says about the JFK assassination true"? Maybe, but unless it's something she has first hand knowledge of its immaterial. Doesn't make her less of a fraud if she says something true.

My response has been moved to the old "Why Beverly Oliver Is Not The Babushka Lady" thread so that Larry and y'all can carry on about Judyth, here.

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy - is that really the question? She says lots of things that have nothing to do with her own personal (imagined) involvement. Have you heard her act the part of the knowledgable researcher, another hat she wears?

IMO, Judyth's claiming to put on a researcher's hat is her most dangerous posture. She can take any piece of information and make it about 'her'. She twists facts about actual evidence in order to bolster her alternative reality. One example of this is the letter she wrote to JFK. She did actually write a letter to JFK but she said it was to ask for his help with her mice research. Anthony Marsh tracked it down at the JFK Library and it was a chatty letter supporting him as President. Judyth has no shame.

That's the truth Larry - she is 'operating' on a whole different level, one in which she is injecting herself into the story and clearly lying or delusional. I suspect the former because she is 'operating' with a purpose, and it's not to uncover the truth, but rather to muddy the waters and taint some good researchers with her brush. I continue to have a problem with those that choose to make a buck even if it means giving her credibility, whether knowingly or not. When did this become a business? Larry - you have written many books and hopefully ave made a few bucks doing so. But do you do it for the money? Would you speak at her events?

I don't see Judyth as delusional. That would be giving her too much credit as a human being. She has deliberately crafted this alternative reality. It started as a creative writing assignment. She can sit in a chair and imagine how a situation would feel, smell, etc. That is what a novelist does. That is what she has done. But then, when actual facts intervene, she has to keep 'updating' her version of 'reality'.

It is for this reason that Judyth has to have 'believers'. If she finds you do not 'believe' her she will attempt to slander and discredit you.

Edited by Pamela Brown

Yes, Pam, and it amazes me that she has complained to her fans that have friends who aren't supporters, to get rid of them!!! What in the world? Who does that? That is so high school.

And my favorite is when she asks her fans if she can help them with their problems. How nice of her to offer a listening ear. My antennae go up when I hear that. The first thing I thought is that if you tell someone something personal, it can, if the person you told and you are no longer friends, be used against you. I learned a long time ago, (and it was a hard lesson for me) not to tell anyone anything except for on a "need to know" basis.

Good points, Kathy.

What Judyth is doing is also imo analogous to what someone like Jim Jones did with the people at Jonestown. She seems to be attempting to mind-control them, and when they do not cooperate, she shuns them and attacks their credibility.

When I reminded Judyth of our agreement (that I would keep an open mind on what she had to say until her book came out) she not only 'forgot' that we had an agreement in the first place, but then apparently sent an email out to a lot of researchers, as she sent one to me saying "who will believe you now?"

I can only hope that any new person falling into her trap has at least had a heads-up as to what having anything to do with her could cost them. In my case, as I am an historian, I thought I could handle it, and thought I knew what I was getting into. However, having people I respected, such as Barb J, just lump me in with Judyth's followers (even though I repeatedly explained that I did not 'believe' or 'disbelieve' Judyth) was emotionally stressful and took more of a toll on my research than I had imagined. It was a grueling experience, but I am comfortable with the risks I took. I wanted to find out first-hand what makes her tick...and I did...though I must admit Judyth surprised me when she showed up at my local library to hawk one of her books two years ago. In hindsight, though, I should have seen that coming...:-0

Edited by Pamela Brown