The Education Forum

Familiar Faces in Dealey Plaza

Allan Eaglesham

Great thread, this gathers in one place much puzzling evidence that appears in bits and pieces on other threads. Florer and Brading were obviously scripted with misinformation, and the H.L. Hunt office ties in with a long-held theory about him and his family being involved.

I think my conference paper will help to build a theoretical basis where such a large and co-ordinated event could happen.

Shanet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florer and Brading were obviously scripted with misinformation, and the H.L. Hunt office ties in with a long-held theory about him and his family being involved.

Allan,

Do you have a photo comparison of Florer and Shackley?

Tim

Do you have a photo comparison of Florer and Shackley?

Here are pictures of Ted Shackley and Larry Florer. In 1963 Shackley was 36 and Florer was 23.

Thanks John,

I believe I've seen a photo comparison in which Shackley's head angle more closely corresponded to that of Florer in the above photo, making the comparison more compelling. Even the photo of Shackley above lacks the view that led to Shackley being called the Blonde Ghost. The comparison I'm remembering made the dark greasiness of Florer's hair look colored.

Tim

So who exactly was Whatley? Was he one of the 13 No Name Key guys arrested by Diosdado in 1962? (Ron Ecker)

Ron,

I wish I had some solid information on Dick Whatley for you. I don't believe he was arrested in the No Name bust; his name wasn't listed.

I can tell you Whatley was the one who sent Gerry Hemming and Loran Hall to Dick Hathcock to borrow money on the Johnson rifle and the golf clubs. Whatley was supposedly good friends with Hathcock.

Whatley was also in Guatemala training members of Brigade 2506 for the Bay of Pigs. There he encountered Bernardo De Torres and indeed, may have been travelling with De Torres in July of 1963. I have nothing to back that up though.

Whatley's covert work was mainly done from within a small cell which also included James Arthur Lewis and Bobby Willis - Willis being someone I know next to nothing about. (I have added him to the long list)

Whatley went out of his way to not have his photograph taken. He was very secretive. There are 2 individuals who in my opinion should be seriously questioned in relation to the assassination of JFK. Whatley is one of them, Edmund Kolby is another. Both men are still alive.

James,

There is some info on Whatley in Hemming's HSCA testimony. (The spelling there is Watley. Would that be a transcriber's error?) Hemming says he believed that Whatley, formerly in Special Forces, was with Military intelligence, as was Sturgis, Whatley being Sturgis's "right hand man." At the time of Hemming's testimony Whatley was working with DEA.

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/hsca...mming_0089a.htm

Ron

Here are the individual pictures and a composite. I have added a video-frame capture.

Allan and James,

That is indeed the photo of the Blonde Ghost I had in mind. Good composite. I am frankly surprised how readily dismissive people are of the Florer/Shackley similarity while being persuaded that lampost man is Morales, rather than the smirking Pakse Base Man. It is all admittedly very subjective, but I when I run these look-alike photos past some of my most skeptical friends, there are some that do persuade. My wife finds the Conein look-alike compelling, and she is not easily convinced of anything. Just one of these guys being there would be sufficient to reveal the darker, more arrogant side of the operation in Dealey Plaza.

Tim

Tim:

The different opinions show that degree of resemblance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Perhaps unknowingly we each "read" faces differently.

Allan

Allan:

Well-said. I love the term for face-reading: physiognamy. However, "the degree of resemblance" coupled with people of shared interests or histories, creates a level of probability that surpasses mere subjectivism. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir on this one; otherwise you wouldn't be doing this seminar and researching this subject in the first place.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

There is some info on Whatley in Hemming's HSCA testimony. (The spelling there is Watley. Would that be a transcriber's error?) Hemming says he believed that Whatley, formerly in Special Forces, was with Military intelligence, as was Sturgis, Whatley being Sturgis's "right hand man." At the time of Hemming's testimony Whatley was working with DEA. (Ron Ecker)

Hi Ron,

The correct spelling is Whatley. I do believe that Whatley had connections to Military Intelligence; as did Richard Case Nagell and Bernardo De Torres. Interesting to note is that De Torres also served with the DEA which is of course an irony given De Torres' connections to the drug trade.

James

That would link up to the Maxwell Taylor and Edwin Walker scheme Jim Root has been laying out, and my incapacity of JFK rationalization.

Was Lyndon Johnson covering up a military coup?

James,

So who exactly was Whatley? Was he one of the 13 No Name Key guys arrested by Diosdado in 1962?

Ron

Just for purposes of clarification, the Dec 1962 raid on No Name Key was organized by the Miami Customs Office but Diosdado did participate in it. I have personally looked at the newspaper report from the Key West Citizen re the raid. It was not a Diosdado operation, although he may very well have supplied the info to Miami Customs.

I wonder if the cap Whatley was wearing in the film clip from Dallas was the kind of cap worn by railroad workers. Could he have been posing as a worker in the railroad yard?

If so, yet another coincidence. In Hemming's HSCA deposition, Hemming tells about a railroad detective in Florida who may have tried to set up Whatley regarding some railroad sabotage that had been going on in the state, by luring Whatley to a cache of weapons supposedly to be found near a railroad trestle. On Hemming's advice, Whatley reported the railroad detective to the FBI.

Ron

I wonder if the cap Whatley was wearing in the film clip from Dallas was the kind of cap worn by railroad workers. Could he have been posing as a worker in the railroad yard? (Ron Ecker)

That's my theory, Ron. My money would also have railroad worker Whatley standing right next to another guy who just happened to be wearing a DPD uniform who coincidentally was shooting at the President.

If so, yet another coincidence. In Hemming's HSCA deposition, Hemming tells about a railroad detective in Florida who may have tried to set up Whatley regarding some railroad sabotage that had been going on in the state, by luring Whatley to a cache of weapons supposedly to be found near a railroad trestle. On Hemming's advice, Whatley reported the railroad detective to the FBI. (Ron Ecker)

Makes one wonder why Whatley was supposedly being set-up. Strange character indeed.

James