The Education Forum

Bouhe files

20 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I couldn't get the sarcasm font to work.

I thought that might have been the case. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/13/2018 at 9:49 AM, Paul Brancato said:

I agree - lots of interesting questions. Certainly not the way a Soviet agent would act. Would you agree? If so, who was Bouhe working for? The Oswald calls are the most telling, but of what? Any thoughts? Certainly looks like code, an assignment of some kind, a test perhaps of whether Oswald could be trusted? It’s hard to imagine they are ‘normal’. Give the FBI and Army enough credit not to allow an unfriendly agent to be operating in Dallas. Do you think otherwise? Your first sentence implies that Bloodworth smelled a rat without reason. But he had been given plenty of clues that Bouhe was up to something. I think you have dug up something important.

Steve - are you wondering if Bouhe worked for a foreign power? I’m thinking whoever he worked for, so did Colonel Orlov, George DeMohrenschildt, maybe Max Clark. Local CIA contact asked DeM to interact with Oswald, which is how their ‘friendship’ began. I would surmise they all worked for CIA in some kind of Eastern European emigre network, which is what Dorothe Matlack specialized in at ACSI. And she liased with CIA, provably with DeMohrenschildt and Charles and their meeting with DUBRINY 1, AKA Thomas Devine, long time friend and business partner with George Bush.

I believe that an element of the White Russian Community in Dallas handled Oswald, and provided incriminating testimony to the Warren Commission. 

What has been difficult to see through is DeMohrenschildts very deep cover. He was a clever bugger. As Matlack said, whatever he was up to, it wasn’t selling sisal. If one accepts that he was too well bred and well connected to be a ‘friend’ of Oswald, his later incrimination of Oswald re the rifle, Walker, the photograph etc is suspect. But George had answers for everything, marked his tracks well his whole life so anyone looking would be put on the trail he wanted them to follow, while pursuing other hidden tasks. 

Bouhe realized he was not the right legend maker for the Oswalds, and passed him over to de Mohrenschildt, saying "All right, George, you carry the ball.":  Testimony of George Bouhe, 8 WCH 377.  http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=14785

On October 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Steve Thomas said:

WC testimony of George Bouhe (8H355 plus)

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/bouhe.htm

Then I added, "Well, I would like to hear how you get along," which is a standard statement I would ask anybody.
And for 2 or 3---or possibly 5 days thereafter he would call me at 6 o'clock, I guess when he finished his work, and say, "I am doing fine. Bye."
Mr. LIEBELER - That would be the extent of his conversation with you on the telephone?
Mr. BOUHE - Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER - He didn't tell you anything of the details of his work?
Mr. BOUHE - I did not ask.
Mr. LIEBELER - Did you know where----

Mr. BOUHE - Wait a second, maybe I did ask and, well, he said it was some photographic process in the lithographic business, but I don't know what that means.

In her Chronologies, Mary Ferrell has the following notes, but these may be based on George Bouhe's WC testimony:

October 12, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says “Im fine”.

October 15, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says,“I'm fine.”

October 16, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe and says, “Im fine.”

October 17, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says, “Im fine.”

October 18, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says, “I'm fine.”

On October 19th the calls stop. Oswald checks out of the YMCA and disappears for two weeks. He is working at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall, but noone knows where he is living. Not his wife, not his bosses at JCS, not his co-workers, not his acquaintances.

According to the WC testimonies of Alexandra de Mohrenschildt and George Bouhe, it is a room somewhere in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas. George de Mohrenschildt said that Oswald “found himself a place to live.”

Does Oswald call "precisely" at 6:00 PM?

Is he reporting in?

Is he receiving instructions?

Is he waiting for something? Information before he can act?

Are the calls innocent?

Steve Thomas

This info on the phone calls is from his WC testimony, which Bill Simpich linked in the last post. He claims Oswald was calling him right after he got off work to let Bouhe know that his new job was going well. His testimony is so weird. There is a reference to a radio in the Oswalds possession being substandard. I think he was a radio buff, which might explain the earlier reference you posted. But still he comes off like someone with his nose in everyone's business, and I'm pretty sure he was enamored of Marina.

I noticed that board member Rich Pope's cello teacher Lev Aronson is also mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

There is a reference to a radio in the Oswalds possession being substandard. I think he was a radio buff, which might explain the earlier reference you posted. But still he comes off like someone with his nose in everyone's business, and I'm pretty sure he was enamored of Marina.

Paul,

Okay. That's another reference to a radio that Bouhe is concerned about. This is very interesting to me. Maybe it was more than just being "a radio buff".

CD 205 p. 593 FBI interview by James Hosty of Igor Voshinin:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672#relPageId=596&tab=page

"George Bouhe has taken it upon himself to contact every person of Russian descent who comes to Dallas and try and help them in getting jobs and getting settled."

Was that the real reason he "took it upon himself"?

See the WC testimony of Paul Raigorodsky in (9H5) and his comments about the Tolstoy Foundation

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=43#relPageId=13&tab=page

"Now anybody who comes to the the Tolstoy Foundation, you know has been checked, rechecked and double checked. There is no question about them. I mean that's the No. 1 stamp.

Mr. Jenner. That's the No. 1 stamp of an approval or of their genuineness?

Mr. Raigorodsky. Of approval - in fact, the U.S. Government recognized that and has been up until about a year ago giving the Tolstoy Foundation as much as $400,000 a year subsidy for this kind of work."

Steve Thomas

I thought I read somewhere that Bouhe was the record keeper for the White Russian community in Dallas/Fort Worth?

In other words, he kept track of their funding, their contacts and their membership etc.

Let us never forget Bouhe's final words to Marina: it was just a coincidence that he shared a community pool with the guy who killed her husband i.e. Jack Ruby. 

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I thought I read somewhere that Bouhe was the record keeper for the White Russian community in Dallas/Fort Worth?

In other words, he kept track of their funding, their contacts and their membership etc.

Let us never forget Bouhe's final words to Marina: it was just a coincidence that he shared a community pool with the guy who killed her husband i.e. Jack Ruby. 

Jim,

CD 191 describes Bouhe as being the Secretary of the Greek Orthodox church he belonged to.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10595&relPageId=14&search=%22George_Bouhe%22

Steve Thomas