The Education Forum

17 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Jason - what is this? Where is it from? Any idea what has been blacked out?

Paul B.,

In my reading of the history, this is an FBI report from among many during the Ole Miss racial riots of 30 September 1962.

Cars entering Oxford, Mississippi by the National Guard were stopped and searched.  Many had weapons, because they were joining General Walker, who had called over radio and TV for "ten thousand strong" to join him at Ole Miss University, to protest JFK's use of Federal Troops to enforce the ability of Black American, James Meredith, to come and go to classes as he had qualified.

Most of the folks who drove out to Mississippi to this racial riot were young white men who had served in the US Army -- and many of those had served under General Walker, usually at Augsburg, Germany 1960-1961, where Walker led 10,000 troops to defend the Berlin Wall.

Students came from all over the USA in their cars and vans -- sometimes loaded with rifles and handguns.  The National Guard collected tons of guns at the border.  It is my humble opinion that the JFK assassination begins with the Ole Miss riots of 1962.

And to Jason's point -- yes, Jack T. Martin was one of the young men who had served under General Walker in Augsburg, Germany, 1960-1961.  We know this because this is what he told Harold Weisberg and Gary Schoener in 1968.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/31/2016 at 2:18 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Tom,

Here's the link:

http://emuseum.jfk.org/view/objects/asitem/classification@Films/9/title-asc?t:state:flow=38c26749-3dc5-4b4e-80e1-b58d2275024f

You'll notice it's an ordinary 6th Floor Museum web page, but on the right-hand side is a video frame with a white triangle in the center. Click on the white triangle.

All best,

--Paul

Paul - could you post the link to the Martin film again?

Link to the John T Martin film:

http://emuseum.jfk.org/view/objects/asitem/classification@Films/10/title-asc?t:state:flow=f3376116-a274-44c2-864b-d11822ad8a2d

I think there's at least a 50% chance that that's Lee Harvey Oswald at 1:20. What ever one thinks of my hypothesis, it predicts that's Oswald. I'm not claiming that I think this dark image looks like Lee, I'm claiming that there are puzzles associated with the John T Martin film that puzzle out to possibly explosive answers. There are other dark areas of interest in the film as well, and in my view, a first-class film person should be working on this.

Screen shot at 1:20:

TSBD_4_1_24_EDITED.jpg

Edited by Tom Hume

2 hours ago, Tom Hume said:

Link to the John T Martin film:

http://emuseum.jfk.org/view/objects/asitem/classification@Films/10/title-asc?t:state:flow=f3376116-a274-44c2-864b-d11822ad8a2d

I think there's at least a 50% chance that that's Lee Harvey Oswald at 1:20. What ever one thinks of my hypothesis, it predicts that's Oswald. I'm not claiming that I think this dark image looks like Lee, I'm claiming that there are puzzles associated with the John T Martin film that puzzle out to possibly explosive answers. There are other dark areas of interest in the film as well, and in my view, a first-class film person should be working on this.

Screen shot at 1:20:

TSBD_4_1_24_EDITED.jpg

Thanks Tom. 

Paul Trejo - where do you see Oswald, much less Oswald and Bringuier in a scuffle? 

19 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks Tom. 

Paul Trejo - where do you see Oswald, much less Oswald and Bringuier in a scuffle? 

Paul B.,

Yes, thanks to Tom Hume for posting the current link of the Sixth Floor Museum to the so-called Jack Martin Film.

The current film as posted by the Sixth Floor Museum does not match my memory of the film.  There were a few seconds more before the scattered shards of the FPCC fliers on the ground, IIRC.

In my humble opinion -- those few seconds were removed by censors.   Just my opinion based on my memory.

I never got my personal copy of this Jack Martin film back in 2013 when I earnestly sought it.   Even when Gary Mack first posted it on the Sixth Floor Museum web site, I remember a few more seconds at the end, with more activity, including NOLA cops.

I realize that censors have to protect the innocent -- but come on -- this was 54 years ago.   The statute of limitations has expired for everything (except murder).

As a sort of support to my personal memory, here is how Martin Shackelford described the "Jack Martin Film" in his 1996 sales blurb, when he was selling it as a film for collectors::

The Jack Martin Film (8-9-63) In another of those aforementioned ironic twists, a tourist named Jack Martin was in Dallas in August 1963. His film records his view from the airplane. Next, he visits General Edwin Walker, under whom he had served, allegedly target of an assassination attempt by Lee Oswald in April of that year. The film documents the scene of that attempt: the window through which the shot was fired, the bullet hole, and the wall from behind which it was most likely fired, ending with shots of Walker's flag and mailbox, and a nearby building under construction (allegedly also photographed by Oswald prior to the attempt!) . Then we see the entrance to a movie theater, cypress trees, a seal at the edge of a pool,and the statue of Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Park in New Orleans. Aroused by a commotion on Canal Street, Martin crossed to see what was happening, and began filming. We see Lee Oswald, leaflets in hand,standing on the sidewalk, being harangued by anti-Castro militants including Carlos Bringuier. Four police officers are seen arriving. The film ends with a view of the yellow leaflets scattered on the sidewalk after Bringuier knocked them out of Oswald's hands, and a brief aerial view of a subdivision. Parts of the film have only been used, to my knowledge, on the French television documentary, "Le Mystere Kennedy." The documentary is available on video, and frames from the film as well, from The Collector's Archives. A still from this film was finally published in Robert Groden's 1995 book, "The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald," an essential photo archive on Oswald. (Martin Shackelford, 1996)

Regards,
--Paul Trejo 

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

Thanks for the revealing answer. So we can't say the film is unedited in its present form, wihich to me means we can't assume it was unedited in what we are supposing was it's original form. I think at this point we should not be using it as evidence of anything substantial regarding a prior relationship between Walker and Oswald. I happily concede that Martin visited his former commander, and then at some point proceeded to New Orleans.

On 8/19/2017 at 6:49 PM, Michael Clark said:

Jason, The film seems to be far too short to be complete. If someone was on vacation, would this be all that they took home with them? It has enough in it, and is short enough, to assume that there is more.The chances of a simple vacationer taking a few short sections of film that show Walkers house after the fake-hit on him, and Oswald leafleting in NOLA are as infinitesimal as it gets. 

Specifically, and presumptively, and only as an example, the LHO-leafleting clip would have a larger perspective of who was involved in the JFKA (Morales? Other perps that would show up at Watergate?). Does the full length film show other "passengers" on the plane. Who else was in the film of Walkers house? This could be enough to shut Perps up.

I'll place this in the perspective of my double-cross CT. This film, in it's entirety, might have been used, by Dallas money, industrialists and cops, to keep CIA element-perp-rogues and Anti-Castro Cubans from expecting follow-through on the Cuban invasion.

In short, this film is not complete and it suggests much more. What are we not seeing?

Agreed, Paul.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:30 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Jason - what is this? Where is it from? Any idea what has been blacked out?

Paul B,

This is the FBI summary of a law enforcement encounter with one of General Walker's disciples.   I do have an idea as to what's blacked out and who's involved, but it's only a sense I get from reading internal FBI communications consecutively from beginning to end on a given topic during this era.  They have a very predictable style, including in what they choose to react.  

My speculation is that the blacked out portion identifies the names, addresses, and other essential details of Minutemen-type leaders in an organization based in either Louisiana or Texas.   The names would be unfamiliar to most of the JFK assassination community because such extremists are not generally thought relevant.

Regards

Jason