The Education Forum

The Flight To Dallas

William Plumlee

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tosh,

I think it is really great that you have told your very important story on your own terms. The result of removing the money-changers and the benefit thereof is remarkably demonstrated. What you have produced will serve historical researchers for years to come, while at the same time clarifying so much of the murkiness generated by the West-Vernon interview.

Here is a photo with circles denoting your location a few moments after the assassination (left) and the location you suggest as your best estimate for a south knoll shooter:

When I was in Dallas this past Friday, I attempted to examine the south knoll parking area for the optimal shooting position, only to find that it has been significantly secured. Walking across the pedestrian part of the overpass, there was a locked gate at the parking lot - the same with the top of the steps leading up from the street. At the driving entrance there was a manned security guard kiosk. The difference in security between the south and north knoll parking areas is like night and day.

Here are a couple of south knoll views of the angle of trajectory, the first being from the south side but still atop the overpass, the second from the south knoll but a bit too far to the right (because the 1963 view is no longer available due to the aforementioned security and the unbridled overgrowth of the trees).

Thanks again for the effort you've made and what you've accomplished with it. It is truly a service to history. But now the debate is also refreshed, because I, like many researchers, I imagine, want names names names! Who was Sergio? I know that you've made it clear that you knew people by their operational names, but after this much time and research, there must be some more names you can provide. C'mon!

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

Tosh,

You wrote:

Part 3 - Conclusion

When I later learned that Oswald had been arrested as the lone assassin, I remembered having met him on a number of previous occasions which were connected with intelligence training matters, first at Illusionary Warfare Training in Nagshead, North Carolina, then in Honolulu at a radar installation and at Oahu's Wheeler Air Force Base, then in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house on North Beckley Street run by Alpha 66's Hernandez group, who had worked out of Miami prior to the assassination.

Do you remember if this Oak Cliff safe house on North Beckley was further north of Oswald's rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley, or if it was south of his rooming house?

Steve Thomas

Thank you Tosh for this very clear statement. Do you think it is possible that you are John Roselli were being set up as “patsys”? I have speculated elsewhere, Familiar Faces in Dealey Plaza (1), that maybe the people involved in the assassination, arranged for certain people to be in Dallas on that day. This would ensure that researchers would be provided with a series of false leads.

One way of getting CIA operatives in Dallas on the day of the assassination was to put forward a story that there was to be an attempt on Kennedy’s life in Dealey Plaza. It was of course one of many threats on Kennedy’s life at that time. Therefore the tour of Dallas was unlikely to be called off.

The fact that you were asked to take John Roselli to Dallas seems particularly significant. There have been several leaks of information that has resulted in people considering Rosseli to be a key figure in the assassination. Most of these attempts have come from dubious sources (Jack Anderson, Richard Billings, G. Robert Blakey, Robert Maheu, etc.). However, if he had been involved, would he have had to be in Dallas on the day of the assassination? If he did need to be there, would there have been more secret ways of doing it?

Were you contacted by anyone after the assassination about the abort mission? Your superiors must have been very concerned that you were aware of this failed abort mission. Especially as it involved John Roselli, a significant organized crime figure.

(1) http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2313

Fascinating story Tosh, thank you!

Imagining myself in that/your position gets the old heart beating I tell you.

What I would like to know is;

what did you & the people you were with on the South knoll do, when you heard the shot above & behind you?

We can't really expect to find you in the Cancellare photo(Tims' post above) taken around 30 seconds after the headshot, if you were off investigating it's source.

Also,

did you ever hear what happened to the North knoll team?

Are you sure they weren't in position in time?

They arrived & left Dallas separately from you, yes? :ph34r::blink::D

Regards, to all.

Alan.

Tosh,

You wrote:

Part 3 - Conclusion

When I later learned that Oswald had been arrested as the lone assassin, I remembered having met him on a number of previous occasions which were connected with intelligence training matters, first at Illusionary Warfare Training in Nagshead, North Carolina, then in Honolulu at a radar installation and at Oahu's Wheeler Air Force Base, then in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house on North Beckley Street run by Alpha 66's Hernandez group, who had worked out of Miami prior to the assassination.

Do you remember if this Oak Cliff safe house on North Beckley was further north of Oswald's rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley, or if it was south of his rooming house?

Steve Thomas

Steve: The "safe" house (although I am not sure that is a good term for that place) was directly behind the 1026 N Beckley house where Oswald had rented a room for a short time. This place had been active for over three years before Oswald had came on the scene. It is hard to find and cannot be seen from the Beckley street brick house. It is at the back of the house next to an alley. Most of the rooms had been converted to bedrooms and in some circles you could call it a "flop house". This is where I carved my initials in a kitchen draining board in the spring of 1963 (WRP)

The other places I refer to as "safe houses" were on Zangs Blvd, Harlendale St, and the one near Oak Cliff Country Club next to Red Bird Airport. All of these places were ongoing independents, long before the assassination. They were independent of CIA or Military operations. Alpha-66 had a part in some of these houses, but were not CIA funded or nor were any 'cut out' companies of the CIA used to support them. In fact the FBI wanted them shut down (at the request of the CIA) because of the harm those operations were doing to sanctioned operations being conducted in Florida at the time; raising money and arms to launch unauthorized missions into Cuba were exposing secret plans to start up a 'second front' Around 1962. Later (Spring 63) these Dallas operations were interfering with the President's secret peace plan and 'olive branch' extention to Fidel Castro. Most of these independent groups were put under surveillance by the FBI and their activites were past back to Hoover himself. The Kennedy assassination compromised most of the Dallas operations and they were disbanded shortly after.

------------------------

Tosh:

Thank you for sharing your most remarkable story. Like Tim, I want to know more. It is most curious that Johnny Roselli should have been with you. But John's point on this is well taken too.

Is your testimony still classified?

Do you have a personal opinion of who killed JFK? I totally agree with you that the people on your plane were acting more in a manner commensurate with having "failed" in stopping an assassination rather than a celebratory mannar. (I have read some horror accounts of these celebrations in other circles).

I hope your story paves a path for others who are still alive who can shed further light on the truth. We know there are several living who can, if only they would.

Many thanks,

Dawn

I hope you will be able to shed further light on this tragedy of now 41 years.

Thanks Tosh, nice thing to say. I'm sure if Paul were here today he'd slap you on the back and whisper to me: "What the hell are you doing with THIS guy?" (wink)

I'll get back to my story later. Have some inspired thoughts from this conference here. Just taking this all in. Good stuff.

Hope everyone got to see "Investigating History" last night on History Channel.

The program made a few errors, but one was bad. It said something like: "...and the ARRB is no longer functioning today...."

The ARRB is still functioning-- in DC in the archives of Assassination Archives and Research Center and on the History Matters website. It functions every time a researcher opens a box at NARA II archives stamped JFK Act.

We wouldn't be nearly as close, in our analysis without our champions, without the work of some good people, even USG people--Gasp!

As many rotten people in the deaths of John, Martin and Bobby, were good people. Many now gone. Lest we forget, they never believed one word of the "official" story.

I like to think of them on the 22nd with Kennedy, not the shady “unknowns” of Dealy Plaza.