The Education Forum

Trump?

Robert Prudhomme

8 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

That may be true as long as "leaders" like Harry Reid are around.

It's true as long as Trump is around.

Reid is retiring...you know that, right?

So more Democrats need to echo Reid going forward while we drive this fascist scum out of our government.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Reid is retiring...you know that, right?

No, I didn't know. Thanks for that little ray of sunshine.

It's a two party system. When all -- and I do mean all -- one party does is conduct witch hunt investigations into the leaders of the opposition we have to call it for what it is and what it isn't.

What that is isn't democracy.

It's fascism.

The Fascists have set the rules of engagement.

The goal is to produce fatigue in the populace toward your opponent.

Trump won because people had Clinton Fatigue.

So now we generate Trump Fatigue.

From now on anything bad that happens is Trump's fault.

Anything good that happens is because of Obama.

Before the election Trump said he'd only accept a fair election.

Imagine if James Comey had come out 11 days before the election and loudly pronounced that Trump was under a preliminary examination of his Russian ties.

Imagine if on election day Trump got 200,000 more votes but lost the electoral college.

Think he'd call that a fair election?

Last Monday Trump's hardcore followers were stridently anti-government, anti-establishment.

A couple days later and they're stridently pro-government, pro-establishment.

Cognitive dissonance is a major American product.

Now Trump says he may not repeal Obamacare after all. Everyone can start resting easier. He may not do anything else he said he would do. I'll bet he doesn't even build a wall. ("Mexico refuses to pay for it.") President Trump may be entirely different from campaigner Trump. Trump trumps Trump. At least we can hope so.

22 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Now Trump says he may not repeal Obamacare after all. Everyone can start resting easier. He may not do anything else he said he would do. I'll bet he doesn't even build a wall. ("Mexico refuses to pay for it.") President Trump may be entirely different from campaigner Trump. Trump trumps Trump. At least we can hope so.

Yeah, he'll be okay. "Peace in our time", right?

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

On 11/11/2016 at 0:17 PM, Pamela Brown said:

IMO we had no good choice.  Our choice was between a tyrant and a crook.  One way or another we will be lucky if we do not end up in a civil war.  I have never felt more strongly that our nation has come under judgment.  This election is evidence of that...

I'm sorry, I'm from Canada and I'm just not up on all of the details. When you call Hillary a "crook", does that mean there is a list of indictable offences against her? Or that she has been convicted of an indictable offence?

On 11/11/2016 at 0:17 PM, Pamela Brown said:

IMO we had no good choice.  Our choice was between a tyrant and a crook.  One way or another we will be lucky if we do not end up in a civil war.  I have never felt more strongly that our nation has come under judgment.  This election is evidence of that...

deleted...double post

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

1 hour ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

I'm sorry, I'm from Canada and I'm just not up on all of the details. When you call Hillary a "crook", does that mean there is a list of indictable offences against her? Or that she has been convicted of an indictable offence?

No, it's a narrative ginned up by fascists.

2 hours ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

She lied under oath to Congress about her emails, according to the sworn testimony before Congress of  FBI Director James Comey. Forget all her alleged crimes going back 25 or 30 years. This crime is on the congressional record.

No, its not all a  ginned up narrative.  I am working on a long article about this.

Its not all smoke. Some of it is real. She really was not trustworthy and she never should have run after the Clinton Foundation got up and moving big time.  Her lawyer Cheryl Mills advised her not to.

It really was a bad choice for the voter.  Which is why I think Biden and Warren should have gotten into it.

Question:  How did we go from a country with JFK, Bobby Kennedy, King and Malcolm X as our leaders to Donald Trump and Mike Pence?

Edited by James DiEugenio

10 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Question:  How did we go from a country with JFK, Bobby Kennedy, King and Malcolm X as our leaders to Donald Trump and Mike Pence?

Maybe some Shakespeare is apropos: "This is the winter of our discontent.,"

42 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

She lied under oath to Congress about her emails, according to the sworn testimony before Congress of  FBI Director James Comey.

Factually incorrect.  Comey testified that Clinton did not lie to the FBI.

He also testified that any reasonable person would have come to the conclusion that the material wasn't classified.

This is pure "gotcha" witch hunt politics.

Forget all her alleged crimes going back 25 or 30 years. This crime is on the congressional record.

Then why didn't the Republicans pursue perjury charges?

Because what she told them was the same thing she told the FBI -- there was no "classified" heading on any of these e-mails, and on 3 of them there was a little "c" which no one understood.

Mother Jones did an excellent report on the FBI interviews.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/here-are-fbis-files-hillary-clinton-email-investigation

Edited by Cliff Varnell